Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:07

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 13:09 by stone-relics.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:22

mattleeuk
Something to keep the Mick Taylor fans happy.....

anyone notice the resemblance between this MT foto and Tim Ries?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:30

mickijaggeroo

Can we get a pick on whats going on behind the painting? winking smiley

yes, a mess of junk on the floor in front of my wood burning stove, to wit:

gray tubes meant to go around young trees,

a bag of dog food for our dog BUBBA who is a god (after all, dog is god spelled backward)

cans of Bush Baked Beans

a street sign stolen in Sacramento by one of the devotees of BETTY, a legend in the neighborhood and a god in Her own time, She reigns above all other gods, and my brother's rock band was called simply Betty; the sign is cut off but reads BETTY WAY, which is appropriate

above the painting stands two Christmas cherubs or angels which have not yet been put away for the season (actually, they are likely angels sent by BETTY)

if there's anything else I will add it

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 02:31 by timbernardis.

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:43

straycat58
Stones 69, to be frank, there's been a lot of mess with records, sleeves, inner sleeves, photos, etc, etc, of which I have also my 0,001 % responsability.
In the past it was frequent (nowadays much less) to find people selling only the cover, or only the photo, or the record without sleeve.
There was no information, no Internet. We used to buy whatever and build our own finished record as a puzzle just like: record 1st pressing+cover 3rd pressing+ inner sleeve recent pressing+ photo (sometimes photocopy).
The result: you can find anything on the market.

Anyway: your record (the vinyl), if I understood correctly, is worth. You should find the right cover (the one with the PHOTO ad) and the PHOTO. If you want to be perfect, you must also find the inner sleeve with the FFRR logo, same as the one in the pix of Stone-relics (first down on left).
You can find them separately on eBay and then you have a set worth not less than 100-120 $ but, what's more important, you have a piece of Stones history in your house.

Again many thanks to you and stone-relics for all this information. As it happens I do have the ffrr sleeve and record to match the lower left one in stone-relics photo and I have the poster as well. So all I need is a proper textured cover with photo ad and I'll be set!

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: September 18, 2008 02:50

stone-relics
Not the rarest thing I have, but one of them...only three copies...

dont hold yer breath getting one, cause you aint gonna...cause it's ALL SOLD OUT!

JR

Stone-relics, as a vinyl junkie, I am jealous! You must have the world's greatest Stones vinyl collection! Great photo... thanks much.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 18, 2008 03:20

JR (Stone-relics) is the man when it comes to vinyl! He is also one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet. Collecting drives some people crazy, fortunately JR isn't one of them (he was probably crazy to start with!). Just because I love you JR, here is the back of that first acetate......

Posted by: Francios Fucqua ()
Date: September 18, 2008 04:26

For you Woody and Barbarians fans.

Date: September 18, 2008 04:27

The CNIB braille program

Date: September 18, 2008 04:48

Truly lovely stuff again Francios..... (I really would love to hear from you, share collecting experiences etc... I'm on [email protected])

Here is a New Barbarian's Limo Bill.... (someone has a lot of explaining to do!)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 18, 2008 07:50

>> someone has a lot of explaining to do! <<

smile: yeah, on that april 25th itinerary too, since the Ann Arbor show was on april 24th :E
thanks Francios Fucqua and mattleeuk and go on go on

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 18, 2008 08:56

I forget - who is Lil?

Date: September 18, 2008 09:14

Lil Wein...glas? something like that. i think Jo Wood introduced her to Keith.

edit: okay found it! Bockris identifies her as Lilly Weinglass Green, a Swedish model with a great laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 09:17 by with sssoul.

Date: September 18, 2008 09:17

Oh yeah I know who you mean - thanks with sssoul.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 18, 2008 14:22

Some tapes and acetates from my collection.

Date: September 18, 2008 19:48

Some more Charlie stuff....

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 18, 2008 20:04

mattleeuk
Straycat58, an itinerary is a diary of hotels, transport times, venue info, emergency numbers etc... give to the crew or entourage. Most of those on eBay are crew ones because everyone from the truckers to the stage builders get them. The really desirable ones are the entourage ones which list the band hotels etc...

Tootough, send me an email and I will sort a scan of that page for you.

schillid, I have just been collecting it seriously for the last 10 years. Meeting people, swapping, buying, learning etc... etc... just like anything else. Alas I am just 32 so have only had the advantage of being there for the more modern stuff.

Francios, that is some incredible stuff, truly fantastic. I am guessing you were there at the time to collect stuff this awesome. I would really love to hear from you. I am working on a couple of things that could use your help / knowledge. I live in Ealing just a Stones throw from the Ealing Jazz Club and it is going to be destroyed. Myself and the local MP are the only people who pointed out its history. I am working with the developers to ensure the site is not forgotten. I am on mattleeuk@gmail.com Many thanks, Matt

The Ealing Jazz Club is going to be destroyed? I think people would be interested if you could go into a bit more detail about this (maybe in another thread) - it deserves more than just a mention in passing.

Many thanks to you and everyone for all the fascinating stuff in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-18 20:05 by Green Lady.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 18, 2008 20:46

Does anyone knows of this albums are rare?

The Rolling Stones Story - Volume 1

Special German Club Edition in Cooperation with "Bertelsmann Club Center"
3 LP Set of "The Rolling Stones", "Around And Around" and "Let It Bleed"
Released October 1982, TELDEC Club Edition 29 493 4

The Rolling Stones Story - Volume 2

3 LP Set of "The Rolling Stones No.2", "Between The Buttons" and "Out Of Our Heads" Released January 1983, TELDEC Club Edition 29 501 4

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 18, 2008 22:16

steffiestones
Does anyone knows of this albums are rare?

The Rolling Stones Story - Volume 1

3 LP Set of "The Rolling Stones", "Around And Around" and "Let It Bleed"
Released October 1982, TELDEC Club Edition 29 493 4

The Rolling Stones Story - Volume 2

3 LP Set of "The Rolling Stones No.2", "Between The Buttons" and "Out Of Our Heads" Released January 1983, TELDEC Club Edition 29 501 4

Not rare, they can easily be found on ebay, especially at german ebay.
These were released to coincide with the 1982 tour. My favorite tour!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: September 18, 2008 22:49

Back to the Barbs for a moment...no wonder the confusion about Ann Arbor..look at this itinerary! Notice it's refered to as the "Ron Wood Tour".

Date: September 18, 2008 22:51

Woodie's press schedule was a work in progress too.

Date: September 19, 2008 00:26

wow, the Barbarians were planning at one point to take St Louis?! cool to know!
thank you Francios Fucqua - this is fascinating

Date: September 19, 2008 02:37

US Big Hits variations...common, and not so common...

Notice that some have MONO at top others bottom, and some have a gold STEREO sticker over the mono....weird..

Alt Cover...dont have this one yet...

Picture disc Through The Past, Darkly...they used big hits for the image, but it plays side one of TTPD

Side 2, same record as above, but plays Ten Years After, SHHHHHHH...even though the image is Stonedhenge...funny about the choice....

Finally, Altamont Concert Poster...these go for HUGE money, although they were printed after the gig...no real posters ever printed, as the gig was moved so many times. Sometimes, just the Stones LORE, creates collectibles. I sold this beat up copy for about 5 grand ten years ago...Hey Cindy C, thats how I can afford the good stuff...its called rE-Bay...

JR

Date: September 19, 2008 03:20

mattleeuk
JR (Stone-relics) is the man when it comes to vinyl! He is also one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet. Collecting drives some people crazy, fortunately JR isn't one of them (he was probably crazy to start with!). Just because I love you JR, here is the back of that first acetate......

Thank YOU, Matthew..BUT, I WANT THAT ACETATE.....probably can work a trade...call me in your copious amounts of free time...ha...Funny thing, about Matthew, Frenchy and me...we are all busy as HELL in our day jobs, but somehow find the time to get these collections together....and I dont think its a star sign attribute, but something, deeper, more primeval...I am an Aries....so it makes sense for me. I MUST LEAD...

JR

Date: September 19, 2008 03:49

stone-relics
RE, creates collectibles. I sold this beat up copy for about 5 grand ten years ago...Hey Cindy C, thats how I can afford the good stuff...its called rE-Bay...

JR

HAHAHA - That's fantastic!

Date: September 19, 2008 03:53

CindyC
stone-relics
RE, creates collectibles. I sold this beat up copy for about 5 grand ten years ago...Hey Cindy C, thats how I can afford the good stuff...its called rE-Bay...

JR

HAHAHA - That's fantastic!

Yeah, in a way, I feel bad, but Knowledge is knowledge, and as we all know, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! I got three acetates outta that poster....and only paid around $400 for it.

JR

Date: September 19, 2008 04:11

1972 Tour pendant (sterling) and chami cloth bag...no longer have it, sold it to buy promo records, but cool nevertheless...

However, have both variations here...Still got both, sans scrotum...

Sterling and stainless here.

Note sterling stamp on brighter one...

DB

PS...not bad getting some death promos for the bag....
DB

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-19 06:03 by stone-relics.

Date: September 19, 2008 04:24

This is getting addicting..anyway, a mid 60's German penicl case.

Date: September 19, 2008 04:38

Hey Frenchie, can you post some candid photos....hehehehehehehe

JR

Date: September 19, 2008 04:48

Maybe the BEST photograph of the Stones EVER....and I think the band did a pretty good job following the text..Please note the symbology...Brian is out front, and was fired and subsequently died (I never got over this..._) and how Bill is in the back, far away...hmmmmmmm...oooooo Freaky...hahahaha..I guess its better to stand on the left side...

DB

Date: September 19, 2008 05:58

Sold this one too....But in for the Chance to get a BIG collection of official US singles...Altamont 8o's release on MVC..one of 25 numbered copies..I think mine was 23, back in those days, I Wasnt as careful as I am now....

A few more rare bootleg vinyls I used to have...When I sold these, there were tear stains on the box...they basically went to two guys, one in Chicago, and one in Albequerque...

This is sick, I once had TWO copies of this, both MINT, one in ORIGINAL SHRINK WRAP...

Nice LiveR than....TMOQ, but with original Lurch Matrices...

Ain't gpt this no more either..

DB

DB

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home