Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 86
Re: Add photos of your rarities....
Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 13, 2008 17:28

seeing Matt putting new foto in, so I do ...

... and here is Keith ...
(Yes, as you see I'm very vinyl oriented) winking smiley

Andreas

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 13, 2008 17:28

I found the pic of the three WLP 1st LPs.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:30

straycat58

this one is a very sad story... anyway, I need another vinyl to replace mine.

... I think I read in another iorr thread, that your record got broken while in the post ... is this right?....

But now this thread is getting interesting, because this Canadian Club issue is also on my Want List....

Andreas

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 13, 2008 17:32

Andreas, I will probably be at Utrecht, I have done it at least once a year for the last 10 years. The "Birds, Birds" is indeed very tough to find in really clean condition (I gave one to the obvious band member). Is your EP a 5-66 or a 6-66 (reverse bottom), I have an ultra clean 6-66 but am looking to upgrade my 5-66.

A nice little collection of the "Learning Annex" stuff.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:33

stone-relics
Poison Ivy's are Tough. Its one of the records I need. I dont know anyone who has one.

ARG...

JR

Yeah, I'm alslo NOT owner of a poison Ivy copy, but a friend of mine held one in his hands ca. 8 years ago --- And did not buy it, what a shame, really. But as mentioned earlier such a Stones collection is (probably?) never complete (while you are very very close to it, when I see all the pcs etc.)

Andreas

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 13, 2008 17:34

arc-angel
straycat58

this one is a very sad story... anyway, I need another vinyl to replace mine.

... I think I read in another iorr thread, that your record got broken while in the post ... is this right?....

But now this thread is getting interesting, because this Canadian Club issue is also on my Want List....

Andreas

Yes , the vinyl arrived broken in three parts.. I'm still suffering!

Date: September 13, 2008 17:37

stone-relics
.. I found the pic of the three WLP 1st LPs.
]

Wow !!!, what a copy of "Best of the Beat" this is exactly the qualitiy of the cover I'm looking for (grin!) (do you have a spare to sell ?, probably not)
The pic with the three copies is great ...

Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 17:38

Satanic velvet pad: not mine but I saw it personally. I received the pix from somebody else and I think it deserves space in this thread. Maybe a unique piece.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 12:22 by straycat58.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:41

straycat58

Satanic velvet pad: not mine but I saw it personally. I received the pix from somebody else and I think it deserves space in this thread. Maybe a unique piece.

This is AMAZING....I REALLY didnt think it existed. how deep is the box? Can we get a photo of the inside?

JR

Date: September 13, 2008 17:44

Straycat58, JR, I too didn't believe it existed. It looks like a regular album to me with the 3D missing and some velvet writting instead. I was always led to believe the whole sleeve was "padded" which this doens't look like it is. Can you describe what you saw Straycat58? Was this photo exactly the same as the one you held? Were you convince they weren't just made buy a couple of people having fun?

Date: September 13, 2008 17:45

John, if I remember correctly the inside is the standard one. The inner sleeves are different; I'm in rush now, I'll post the inner sleeve later.
I hope the owner will not blame me for posting it... anyway, I didn't name hin and the pix were sent to me from another guy.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:46

mattleeuk
Andreas, I will probably be at Utrecht, I have done it at least once a year for the last 10 years. The "Birds, Birds" is indeed very tough to find in really clean condition (I gave one to the obvious band member). Is your EP a 5-66 or a 6-66 (reverse bottom), I have an ultra clean 6-66 but am looking to upgrade my 5-66.
]

Matt, here detailed pics.

Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 17:48

straycat58

Straycat58, THIS IS THE KILLER ... never seen, only in listings of record collector magazin etc., but this is absolutely fantastic and definitely a unique item !!!

Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 17:56

Here is a rare instore promo poster from 1970, likely for Ya Yas. Note it say 209 reasons, rather than 211 Reasons, is it says on the flier that came with the original Hot Rocks Lps. This thing is huge, too. Its about 5 feet high by 3 feet wide...cassette tape at bottom for scale!

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-13 17:58 by stone-relics.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:56

ok, this is the inner with mistake "majestis" and inside cover.
There's a neverending debate between us, who have seen the cover between people thinking it's a self-made one and others saying it's original. What can I say?
When I saw it I wondered who, on earth, thinks to build something like this?

My personal opinion: it's a wonderful unique original piece!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 12:23 by straycat58.

Date: September 13, 2008 17:59

straycat58

ok, this is the inner with mistake "majestis" and inside cover.
There's a neverending debate between us, who have seen the cover between people thinking it's a self-made one and others saying it's original. What can I say?
When I saw it I wondered who, on earth, thinks to build something like this?

My personal opinion: it's a wonderful unique original piece!

Now, I am getting ill...

JR

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 13, 2008 18:04

Besides the misspelling of Majesties, there is also a dot above the captal "I" in the word ROLLiNG, and the first of the two "L":s in the same word don´t seem to be 90° (in fact the whole "THE ROLLING STONES", seems to be a bit amateurish). Maybe too many mistakes to be the real deal, I don´t know. But it makes me think twice. I´m no expert. But did you ever hold this in your hand, it would be quite easy to tell if it´s homemade or not, don´t you think?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-13 18:08 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 13, 2008 18:18

stone-relics
I guess I am bored today. Please add on Matthew, et al.

or just want to show off...

DB

I hope you get bored more often!winking smiley

This is VERY interesting; I'm afraid I cannot contribute to this, I'm watching with my mouth open!

Does any of you guys have the LP "16 Hip Hits" by the Andrew Oldham Orchestra?

I got this around 1974, but without the cover!! Still felt like a king back then!!

Anyway, can anybody mail the artwork to me or put it up here? I've never seen it.

Thanks in advance!

Date: September 13, 2008 18:27

Your wish is my command..

JR

Date: September 13, 2008 18:32

Thanks a lot!
Now once you hold it in your hands, may i ask if there's any information about the musicians on the back of the cover?

Date: September 13, 2008 18:39

Rank Stranger
stone-relics
I guess I am bored today. Please add on Matthew, et al.

or just want to show off...

DB

I hope you get bored more often!winking smiley

This is VERY interesting; I'm afraid I cannot contribute to this, I'm watching with my mouth open!

Does any of you guys have the LP "16 Hip Hits" by the Andrew Oldham Orchestra?

I got this around 1974, but without the cover!! Still felt like a king back then!!

Anyway, can anybody mail the artwork to me or put it up here? I've never seen it.

Thanks in advance!

JR was faster, but here with some other related records.
Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 18:40

Thanks both of you!

Date: September 13, 2008 18:56

stone-relics
.... This thing is huge, too. Its about 5 feet high by 3 feet wide...cassette tape at bottom for scale!

JR

talking about huge posters. here is one showing Keith (a bit stoned ?). Its from Gottfried Helnwein (well known austrian artist - photographer. painter ...) and also signed and numbered by him. But this one is too large to frame it, but I like this poster !

Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 19:18

Factory Sample copy

Not much info on the back cover of 16 Hip Hits, just more, typical Andrew writings.

DB

Date: September 13, 2008 19:35

What I know about Maggie May is that Alan Judge, from the Fenmen, played in it. He sold me the testpressing and wrote on the inner sleeve a few words for me saying that he was using the same studios with the Stones and made a few jigs along with them.

Tonight I'll post it the pix of the testpressing and the pix of Alan Judge writing. I guess I've two copies of Maggie May, if somebody is interested.

took me years to get this one. Think the rarest ALO work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 12:29 by straycat58.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 13, 2008 19:51

Mick Taylor action figure

Date: September 13, 2008 20:03

straycat58
What I know about Maggie May is that Alan Judge, from the Fenmen, played in it. He sold me the testpressing and wrote on the inner sleeve a few words for me saying that he was using the same studios with the Stones and made a few jigs along with them.

Tonight I'll post it the pix of the testpressing and the pix of Alan Judge writing. I guess I've two copies of Maggie May, if somebody is interested.

Back to the TSMR velvet, as I said, the matter is controversial. All of my collector friends have seen it and studied and still there's no unique conclusion.

took me years to get this one. Think the rarest ALO work.

... can you provide the label number of this rare EP (or a better pic showing the label). This is interesting, and also new to me.

btw. I'm interested in your "Maggie May" LP from ALO (contact via iorr possible - mailadress seen in my profile)

Thanks
Andreas

Date: September 13, 2008 21:39

While we are on a Ronnie theme. A CC Club concert poster signed by the whole band including Slash and Andrea Corr.

A signed art poster...

A first album UK promo poster (I never got this one signed as it is the only one I have ever had, it is very rare indeed).

Date: September 13, 2008 21:44

Probably my weirdest piece os memorabilia! This is a promotional bag of rubbish. When you entered the end of tour party on the Licks Tour they had men in riot police gear banging their sheilds and strobe lighting to Street Fighting Man. To make it look more like a street the enterance was piled up with these bin bags. On the way out I managed to blag one. The only other goodie was the lolly you got when you left. The invite was a really nice custom tin with a wristband inside (I would post a pic of that but it is somewhere safe in my storage, Tim has already explained how difficult it is to find stuff in my place).

Date: September 13, 2008 22:06

Haha, Matthew, LOVE the bag of trash!

My Jamaican Black Label London FFRR Let it Bleed. Talk about weird, just a sticker atop the Decca Logo from a standard UK sleeve!

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-13 22:07 by stone-relics.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home