Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 53
Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:48

Gazza
Some dont love having the whole back catalogue reissued every few years - when they're trying to finance going to a few shows?

I wonder why.

Again my friend: You have the albums, so don't buy them if you don't want to. Get the possible extra tracks on iTunes, and you're home free. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Universal Records are to give 19 Rolling Stones albums a makeover "deluxe versions"
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 4, 2009 03:09

mickijaggeroo
Let me get back on that.

Hi Vilhelm--

Were you able to check with your contact?

Thanks,
Drew

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: February 4, 2009 10:03

Some time ago I told you:

Universal is going to release the Rolling Stones catalog for download. They have done.

I told you about The Biggest Bang on Blueray, this release is postponed to later this year.

I told you about the release on heavy vinyl, the complete Stones catalog was pressed these days by Pallas in Germany,according to Spiegel [www.spiegel.de]

And I told you something more going on in 2009.

Now we have Febr. 4th, .....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 4, 2009 10:15

HighwireC

Universal is going to release the Rolling Stones catalog for download. They have done.

I told you about The Biggest Bang on Blueray, this release is postponed to later this year.

I told you about the release on heavy vinyl, the complete Stones catalog was pressed these days by Pallas in Germany,according to Spiegel [www.spiegel.de]

And I told you something more going on in 2009.

Now we have Febr. 4th, .....

I well remember your post. It made me jump and scream of joy. What was it that will be going on more in 2009? New album and tour right?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 4, 2009 10:31

... Let's Drink To The Hard Working People ...

;-)

Date: February 4, 2009 15:00

HighwireC

The "real" Universal Episode will start in 2009, with "Deluxe Editions", 190gr vinyl LPs and some very new stuff.

HighwireC, are the Deluxe Editions still going to happen in 2009?

Drew

Date: February 5, 2009 13:23

It is very disappointing that none of those people who claimed to have "inside knowledge" that Universal would be releasing deluxe editions of the Stones catalog in 2009 are now willing to confirm those claims.

Drew

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 5, 2009 16:08

HighwireC

Yes, they "have done". But what have they done? They just took over the old Virgin Remasters without any bonus stuff for download.

If Universal really has new remasters at hand, even with bonus tracks, it does not make sense to release the old masters without bonus tracks for downloads. Well, they might think that download customers dont care for quality and are not interested in bonus tracks anyway, but this would be the only explanation, otherwise it makes no sense.

Doesnt look like a fresh start with Universal at all for me, and I hope, no I pray that Im wrong, but it doesnt look very promising that the CD versions will be much, if at all, different from the Virgin remasters.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 18:34 by alimente.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 5, 2009 17:43

Just start at the beginning of this thread and go through it and you'll see what screwmaster means by those people with inside knowledge. Taking over for Virgin on iTunes or whatever - yeah, that's getting it done alright - that's doing nothing while providing the same exact thing.

Which is all the Stones are about anyway these days...so far.

IF these so called Deluxe Editions come out with bonus material that will say something about the Stones. If they don't...then it's finished with. One could say something is at stake with their catalogue - it's on the fringe of getting a lot better or being completely static and pointless, with exception to the nostalgic Big Hits/Hot Rocks/Forty Licks warhorse (maybe it should be changed to warwhores) set lists.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: February 5, 2009 18:59

drewmaster
It is very disappointing that none of those people who claimed to have "inside knowledge" that Universal would be releasing deluxe editions of the Stones catalog in 2009 are now willing to confirm those claims.

Drew

I don´t have any news since I have´nt got any right now. But posting news here only seem to generate a lot of negativity and questioning of my credibility for some reason.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 19:00 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 5, 2009 19:08

it's the way things are round here Vilhelm...dont bother much
we are all here hanging around waiting for some good news about our band but some of us are always attracted by the dark side of it all

take a look at the last thrad about the possible new tour....

Date: February 5, 2009 19:48

maumau
it's the way things are round here Vilhelm...dont bother much
we are all here hanging around waiting for some good news about our band but some of us are always attracted by the dark side of it all

take a look at the last thrad about the possible new tour....

hmmmm.....I can only speak for me, but Im definitely not attracted by the dark side.....if anything, after 40 years as a Stones fan I lost my optimism a bit in recent years - simply too many disappointments with my band: excessive ticket prices, mediocre & unimaginative shows, lukewarm record releases, and the list continues. Considering this, Im just not too optimistic, but as Ive mentioned before: I hope, no, I pray that they will prove me wong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 19:49 by alimente.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 5, 2009 19:51

Iit's almost as if Stones fans are as frustrated as Star Wars fans.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: February 5, 2009 20:36

jamesfdouglas
Iit's almost as if Stones fans are as frustrated as Star Wars fans.

We even have our own Ja Ja Binks... Chuck Leavell!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 6, 2009 04:48

I hope its not just another remaster of the catalog, what a complete waste of everyones time

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 6, 2009 06:20

melillo
I hope its not just another remaster of the catalog, what a complete waste of everyones time

Yeah it'll probably be just that.

Date: February 6, 2009 11:25

alimente
HighwireC

Yes, they "have done". But what have they done? They just took over the old Virgin Remasters without any bonus stuff for download.

If Universal really has new remasters at hand, even with bonus tracks, it does not make sense to release the old masters without bonus tracks for downloads. Well, they might think that download customers dont care for quality and are not interested in bonus tracks anyway, but this would be the only explanation, otherwise it makes no sense.

Doesnt look like a fresh start with Universal at all for me, and I hope, no I pray that Im wrong, but it doesnt look very promising that the CD versions will be much, if at all, different from the Virgin remasters.

hmmm, dear alimente,

what would you have done, if you were The Rolling Stones ore Universal? Would you have released the new or remasterd tracks before you can release them as CDs (incl. DVDs etc )????

Or is it a little better thought to let sell out all the old "virgin" material (resting in the stores all over the world till now, but melting ...), put some stuff to i-tunes for download and go in studios to work hard for good new stuff, Deluxe Editions and new material, and let them out in a very new campaign, starting with some new anouncments in the middle of 2009 ...?

Meanwhile Universal is still selling SAL, Rolled Gold and Forty Licks, too, and don't forget the SHM-releases in Japan ...

... Let's Drink To The Hard Working People ...

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 6, 2009 11:54

mmmh alimente i was not talking about optimism but responding to mickijaggeroo frustration about people here questioning his/her credibility as "insider" as the drewmaster's post he/she replied to.

optimistic? it's good to be if you can. Realistic? Also. Anyone can express affection to the stones as they want. Me myself find it hard to be optimistic about a new (great) stones release and also a bit skeptical about the quality of deluxe reissues if only Mick and his ideas about "quality" and "love" for the archives are in charge of the project.

but

I dont think it's very nice to attack people just because they dont have any news to share as if they HAVE to have and share.

It's been years now that i hang out in here and I think mickijaggeroo has proved to be a reliable source of info about the band that i thank him/her for. And certainly not the kind of person that pretend to be "The Source".

Date: February 6, 2009 13:37

maumau
mmmh alimente i was not talking about optimism but responding to mickijaggeroo frustration about people here questioning his/her credibility as "insider" as the drewmaster's post he/she replied to.

optimistic? it's good to be if you can. Realistic? Also. Anyone can express affection to the stones as they want. Me myself find it hard to be optimistic about a new (great) stones release and also a bit skeptical about the quality of deluxe reissues if only Mick and his ideas about "quality" and "love" for the archives are in charge of the project.

but

I dont think it's very nice to attack people just because they dont have any news to share as if they HAVE to have and share.

It's been years now that i hang out in here and I think mickijaggeroo has proved to be a reliable source of info about the band that i thank him/her for. And certainly not the kind of person that pretend to be "The Source".

I hear you! and if someone attacked mickijaggeroo, it certainly wasnt me. but things are as they are - theres a lot of jealousy amongst Stones fans towards people who may be a little bit closer to the source, and its nothing new, so if someone makes a public statement he better be prepared that other fans jump into his face, so to speak. I know people who are more insiders than we are, but they keep their mouths shut here on this board just for this reason. the only thing I can blame mickijaggeroo for is that after all these years, he should know these mechanisms and that he probably wasnt careful enough.

I mean, if I know something and am not allowed to publicly announce it, I just dont do it, I dont even give vague hints - because its perfectly clear how other fans will react.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-06 13:45 by alimente.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 6, 2009 14:20

Justin
melillo

Yeah it'll probably be just that.

yep - i agree...in fact, i'd bet my house on it !

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: February 8, 2009 13:36

? THERS ALSO A BOX WITH 22 CD'S ..

Date: February 8, 2009 17:57

I haven't seen Forty Licks anywhere. Only SAL.

Date: February 8, 2009 19:23

LastStopThisTown
We even have our own Ja Ja Binks... Chuck Leavell!

>grinning smiley<

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 9, 2009 02:20

Who was Matt? Princess Leia?

Date: February 9, 2009 02:44

No, he's Lobot.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 9, 2009 08:53

someone mentioned Barnes & Noble (huh, thought they sold books) pulling all the Stones Virgin releases -- nowhere in sight and suggested that this meant something was 'going to happen' or somthun like dat.

far too little to go on, but could be one piece or indicator, who knows

Date: February 9, 2009 16:35

I did. They have a record/movie section as well. They've always had Licks, Fingers, etc...and none of them are there anymore. Took a while but they are gone.

Date: February 10, 2009 12:57

timbernardis
someone mentioned Barnes & Noble (huh, thought they sold books) pulling all the Stones Virgin releases -- nowhere in sight and suggested that this meant something was 'going to happen' or somthun like dat.

far too little to go on, but could be one piece or indicator, who knows

Could be!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Drew

Date: February 10, 2009 17:10

I really doubt any place that carries records is going to know before the internet does. Best Buy, for example, doesn't seem to know, overall, what is coming out every Tuesday.

I'm sure there will be some kind of announcement about the reissues before they come out. What I'm wondering is if they follow the protocol of moving to or from a(nother) label and issue a hits comp to kick off the new campaign.

Date: February 10, 2009 19:54

So just curious - who is going to get what first? Since I've lost my Virgin GHS I'll get that one first (unless, of course, I find it used somewhere). I plan on getting SF, EOMS, GHS, IORR, BAB and TY and that's it as far as sound quality goes. The rest won't really sound any better.

Extra tracks wise - IF there are any - I will get them all. But I'm going to go for the sound issue first I think.

If there are no extra tracks I will just find a used Virgin of Soup and leave it at that and not bother with getting this round of reissues.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home