Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27
Re: OT: who will be the European Champion Football 2008?
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 19, 2008 12:13

carlitosbaez
we are gonna get you Italians on Sunday,
Carlitos
Tenerife

I'm very glad that you are so self confident and I sincerely hope that you're enjoying yourselves, but I'm sorry to say that this whole "Vendetta" story sounds just ridiculous to me... Tassotti hit the spanish player very hard, and he's been disqualified for a lot of matches and never played again with the national team, so he paid for what he had done. Anyway, things like these are nothing extraordinary in football, they happen everywhere in every competition. I remember the game in 1994: Italy won, Spain lost. This is sport, someone has to lose. So what's the big deal?? "Vendetta"??? Give us a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 12:57 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 19, 2008 13:07

Si, vendetta!!!!!
All the best to you and see you on Sunday, italians are goung to succumb at the end, then the GREAT Semi Final, Neteherlands Vs Spain, it will be a great match, lots of dutchs friends playing in the Spanish La Liga Tournament,
You have to tell, Italy is a very competitive team, lots of titles in their hand, but very lucky team ALWAYS, poor football always having great players,foul players and dirty ones, but let´s see, hoping Spain destroy them with a big win by a mile!!!
Vaaaamooossssss TORO!!!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
A por ellos!!!!! olé y OLÉ!!!! we don´t forget this 1994 US World Cup!!

Date: June 19, 2008 13:22

Maybe Spain is going to win... after 88 years... I mean, it has to happen sooner or later. If you Spanish feel comfortable speaking of "Vendetta" and conveying all this hatred through your press, it's not our problem and as far as we're concerned it's not a big deal to us. But just for the record, all of this talks about "Vendetta" don't sound any frightening to us, just a bit... ridiculous.

But once again if you're happy with that, then enjoy yourselves. Sunday we'll see how the game ends up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 13:25 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 19, 2008 13:26

Spain will win fairly easy: the Italians are too old, too slow. Romania, Oranje: it was just not good enough what the Azzuri had to offer. Luca Toni can not do it on his own!

Jelle

Date: June 19, 2008 13:40

Ok ridiculous, whatever, but you know what it means, to create an atmosphera for something? for Sunday for example?
Good luck to you on Sunday, you are gonna need it, after 88 years, it will happen,
enjoy yourself as well
Carlitos
Tenerife

Wild Slivovitz
Maybe Spain is going to win... after 88 years... I mean, it has to happen sooner or later. If you Spanish feel comfortable speaking of "Vendetta" and conveying all this hatred through your press, it's not our problem and as far as we're concerned it's not a big deal to us. But just for the record, all of this talks about "Vendetta" don't sound any frightening to us, just a bit... ridiculous.

But once again if you're happy with that, then enjoy yourselves. Sunday we'll see how the game ends up.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 19, 2008 13:57

If Spain lose, does it means that we dont have to see anymore a whole bunch of photos from spanish football plalyers!???So Go Italia

Date: June 19, 2008 14:06

Pictures continues because Spain will be at the final,
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 19, 2008 14:24

carlitosbaez
Ok ridiculous, whatever, but you know what it means, to create an atmosphera for something? for Sunday for example?
Good luck to you on Sunday, you are gonna need it, after 88 years, it will happen,
enjoy yourself as well
Carlitos
Tenerife

Wild Slivovitz

Yes, we know that an atmosphere before the match can be created by highlighing the competitive rivalry between the two teams, and not by raising the hatred with such strong terms as "Vendetta" ... in a smaller scale, that sounds like the same mistake of the German press two years ago, when before the World Cup semi-final all the Italians were portrayed as mafiosi who are only able to eat maccheroni etc. etc. I won't spend a single word commenting that, because we all know how the World Championship ended up.

Date: June 19, 2008 14:27

Same as you with irony, I am talking with irony, just read your words, vendetta is just a press comment, let´s wait til Sunday, the two most strongful Leagues face to face, vendetta?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 19, 2008 15:21

First Part of Eurocup is done, for you best of the best
for me,
best match, Turkey vs Chech Rep
best coach, marco van vasten
best player,Sneijder, Netherland
best support player, marcos senna, Spain
best rookie, Podolsky, Germany
best star/
spectacular player, Ronaldo, portugal and Peter Cech Chech rep
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:22

Italy always finds a way to win.
Spain always finds a way to lose.

Will history repeats itself?

It doesn't matter because neither team will be able to beat Holland on the semis.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:43

Come on Alemania tonight.

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:58

Wild Slivovitz

Derek, lascia perdere, aspettiamo domenica sera.
Sici

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 19, 2008 16:45

HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: June 19, 2008 16:53

only stones
Wild Slivovitz

Derek, lascia perdere, aspettiamo domenica sera.
Sici

Infatti... speriamo bene!!!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer

Date: June 19, 2008 17:07

It's a case of who will have the cazzo duro on Sunday night. May the best cazzo win.

Date: June 19, 2008 17:10

By the way, and keeping focused on the more current affairs, tonight Portugal and Germany are playing!!!!!!!! It's a great match!!!!!!!! I think it's very difficult to tell who's gonna win, what's your prevision?

Date: June 19, 2008 17:15

Well I hope Germany as I'm half German. They are a strange team - they can let you down when you expect them to win and then play amazing like against Argentina in the 2006 World Cup. But I don't expect much from them tonight. I think man for man with the exception of Ballack Portugal are individuals. They say they have a plan for tonight but then everyone has a plan, don't they.

Date: June 19, 2008 17:39

their plan is to play in the same strategy as holland does, 4-2-3-1

hope the germans will win, since almost every dutchmen hates the portugal team

Posted by: only stones ()
Date: June 19, 2008 17:59

Wild Slivovitz
By the way, and keeping focused on the more current affairs, tonight Portugal and Germany are playing!!!!!!!! It's a great match!!!!!!!! I think it's very difficult to tell who's gonna win, what's your prevision?

I hope Purtugal, i think Germany
Sici

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 19, 2008 18:01

Because Im Portuguese I have to support my team, even if dont have any hopes for it!!
Even if read that the german side isnt playing what they really can, the portuguese side isnt either!! We got big players, but the biggest of them all is yet to come, after a long and brilliant season with Man United!If Ronaldo wakes up, then maybe we got a chance, otherwise both teams are , I think and the 3 and 4 places on the World Cup 2006 shows that, are on the same level. May the one who shows better football win in the end, on a fair way!
My predictions in the end is that Holland is gonna win the cup...fantastic football that reminds me of the Clockwork Orange dutch team in the 70´s, but you never know, cause sometimes the ball is round. Lets hope for a good and balanced work from the swedish referee.

Date: June 19, 2008 18:05

Wow Tell Me...Sister M - a Dutchman wanting the Germans to win. I can't believe it. The only thing better than that is an Englishman supporting the Germans but that will never happen as they hate us so much. Yeah, for me Holland has played absolute great football and so reminiscent of the great Cruyf and Neeskens team from the 70s. How can you not love a team like that? I can't see anyone standing in your way. My tip for the final is still Holland 2 Croatia 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 18:31 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: June 19, 2008 18:25

tell u what, IF germany wins tonight, they'll be european champions for sure. either croatia or turkey in the semi-finals, come on...

and btw Silver Dagger, I know quite a few englishmen who support germany. Germany even came 1st in the guardian poll "who should we back in the cup asd england's out?"

Date: June 19, 2008 18:36

That's amazing therollingmanu. (Is that manu as in Man Utd?). I have to go to Spain to cheer the Krauty boys on for fear of getting a good hiding in English pubs. Maybe the long hatred is finally subsiding. If they do it tonight they would probably play Croatia again and they made mince meat of us in the qualifying round. They are tight and compact. Germany always plays better against teams that like open play and try to attack instead of sitting back like thhe Austrians did the other night. How I wish we had a Klinsmann in the team. Anyway, should be an exciting match tonight as I reckon both teams will try to attack all the way.

Date: June 19, 2008 18:46

Silver Dagger
Wow Tell Me...Sister M - a Dutchman wanting the Germans to win. I can't believe it. The only thing better than that is an Englishman supporting the Germans but that will never happen as they hate us so much. Yeah, for me Holland has played absolute great football and so reminiscent of the great Cruyf and Neeskens team from the 70s. How can you not love a team like that? I can't see anyone standing in your way. My tip for the final is still Holland 2 Croatia 1.

i want them to win so we can beat them in the final

Date: June 19, 2008 18:48

Heh heh. Good answer. You won't get the chance as we won't make it there.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 19, 2008 19:06

carlitosbaez
You have to tell, Italy is a very competitive team, lots of titles in their hand, but very lucky team ALWAYS, poor football always having great players,foul players and dirty ones, but let´s see, hoping Spain destroy them with a big win by a mile!!!
Vaaaamooossssss TORO!!!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
A por ellos!!!!! olé y OLÉ!!!! we don´t forget this 1994 US World Cup!!

Italy lucky?
Come on ... be honest ... we lost at penalties at the 1990 world cup, we lost at penalties at the 1994 world cup, we lost at penalties at the 1998 world cup, we lost with a golden goal at the 2000 European games, we lost at the 2002 world cup because of a bribed referee, we were out of the 2004 European games because Sweden and Denmark did the exact required final score to get us out of the cup.
Finally we managed to win in Germany by annihilating Germany in the semi-final, came back in the final after a penalty agains us at the very beginning of the game, so we can't really say we're a lucky team.

The fact that we almost always end up in the final part of every single tournament means being consistent, can we say the same about Spain?

How many world cups?

Louder, I can't hear ya (read as if you were Paul Stanley of Kiss)

Ah, ok, this place is empty ... smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 19:12 by dunhill.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 19, 2008 19:12

My prevision: germany - portugal 1-3

Deustchland Kaput>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:15

Half an hour for the game to begin. Getting excited now. Sure hope we can keep the atmosphere in this thread peacefull and humorous. We already are on page 11 on an OT thread. It would be great if we could go on with it. So please, keep it nice. Rivalry, yes of course. But hatred no.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:19

I do agree with you Rolling Hansie!

Already this is a great tournament! Sing this all together (and see what happens!)

I'm getting excited too.......

Well, let's spend the night together....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home