Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Met any big stars
Posted by: BH ()
Date: November 21, 2009 04:37

Met BiLL & HiLLary in the Lobby at the Beacon. As they walked by at the end of the bar he said hi so I said hello happybirthday & shook his hand-said hi & shook her hand too. I was holding a rather large beer at the time too! It was a good start to things as I had just gotten in the place after standing outside all day with no friggin ticket.

Posted by: whirlegreg ()
Date: November 21, 2009 06:05

Long time lurker sometime poster...
wanted to say that as a teen I met John Wayne and Lorne Greene...
Others along the way...but...
1st R n R Fantasy Camp had Leslie West, Derringer, Nils and a bunch of others.
Since then a few more but Today!!!

Meg White!!

Not Impressed

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 27, 2009 10:20

Sir Steve Redgrave

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 27, 2009 12:45

Graham Gooch

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 27, 2009 15:38

Ray Davies - at record store signing CD's. I told him how his song Days helped me deal with the loss of a friend and he held my hand and said thanks

Kevin Costner - at airport right after he wrapped Bull Durham, very nice, cool guy

Lemmy - in elevator. His assistant was carrying alot of liquor for him.

Billy Gibbons - in Amsterdam flower market

Rick Derringer - after show signing

Eddie Money - after show signing

Roger McGuinn - in airport, not very friendly

Robert Cray - after show, signing nice guy

Date: November 27, 2009 17:02

The lead singer from Embrace

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 27, 2009 17:28

Pee Wee Ellis and I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-27 17:30 by Bitches Brew.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 28, 2009 00:05

keith richards- a true english gent.great moment in my life meeting THE MAN.
ronnie wood- super cool and gabby. down to earth and fan friendly.
mick taylor- shy but very nice
tony iommi- super cool, long conversation with him, a truly great guy.
paul mccartney- brief hello but very nice to everyone and fan friendly
mick fleetwood-super nice and tall
john mcvie-super nice and short.
ian astbury/billy duffy-the cult- two great guys.
al stewart- very nice guy.
bryan ferry- one of the nicest guys around. looks great for his age. very stylish.
ian hunter- super cool- took off shades for my girlfriend after the gig.
cher-nice and down to earth. she looked hot dressed in black.
farrah fawcett- beautful woman and very nice. class act.
jackson browne- short and cool
daryl hannah-foxy gal and very cool
telly savalas- one of the nicest guys that i have ever met.
dave pirner-soul asylum- very nice
kris novoselic-nirvana- very intelligent and down to earth. at the top of the list as far as nice,cool,friendly and intelligent famous celebs. loved him.he asked me as to how to play "cant you hear me knockin",the open-g tuning and the leads guitar riffs when we taking about the Stones.he took notes on a small note pad he had in his pocket.gave him a guitar lesson. is that cool or what?
bill frissel-jazz guitar legend- great guy.
dr. jerry buss-owner LA Lakers- super cool and chatty.loves to party.
chuck connors-the rifleman- OK guy but a dick to my brother
elliott gould- actor. nice
richard chamberlain-actor. very nice
patrick ewing- cool but kinda shy
brian bosworth- very cool.
tom skerritt- actor.super nice
danny trejo- super nice guy. plays the bad guy in alot of movies.
a bunch of misc. athletes and actors too numerous to mention.

stood next to mick and charlie, but did not have the chance to shake hands.

Date: December 13, 2009 15:48

Vanessa Feltz

Date: December 13, 2009 15:52

Adrian-L
Big Al
Met Peaches Geldof last week eye rolling smiley

not a great experience?

Bit late with this response!

No, she is spoilt rich girl and a complete sourpuss. She was all smiles at first, before deciding to ignore me and play with her Blackberry.

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: December 13, 2009 19:47

Ronnie,Keith,Leslie West,Springsteen,

Date: January 22, 2010 14:23

Bitches Brew

Pee Wee Ellis and I

nice photo

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: January 22, 2010 14:50

Woody Hayes - was eating a burger at a crowded Wendy's back in the '70s between classes at Ohio State. Had my head in a book and heard someone ask if they could sit down. I said "sure". Next thing i knew, i was eating lunch with Woody. He was very polite and we chatted about my courses.

Pamela Anderson Lee - accidentally copped a cheap feel of her rear end back in the '90s. she did not seem to notice. If memory serves me correct, she was wearing a very slinky long white gown. it was a pretty good feel. nice butt, not too hard but not mushy. it happened at the Hard Rock in Vegas. Stars kept coming in with their entourages and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. After the feel, I asked a bystander who it was, and only then found out it was Pamela. Then I asked what was going on and the gal said the Stones were playing here tonight! Heck, I didn't even know it. was just there by coincidence on vacation.

Eric Clapton - he spends some time here in town every now and then. almost ran over him with my bicycle, once. he yelled at me, but i was too stunned to remember what he yelled.

1st Lady of the state of Oklahoma, 1977 - got drunk with her the night before the Ohio State vs Oklahoma football game at the Thirsty Eye lounge. did not know who she was until a limo came to pick her up. the evening started out confrontational in an amusing sort of way, both of us bragging about how bad our team would beat the other's. by the time we got loaded, we were slobbering all over each other in admiration for each other's team.

almost forgot the best one!...

Todd Rundgren - had a front row seat to one of his one-man solo shows a few years back at the Ohio Theatre, just right of center. to my left were a group of 4 who thought it was a rock & roll show. they kept yelling and acting up. behind me was a guy who kept whistling loudly. between a couple of numbers, Todd spoke the following (roughly)..." you know, everybody knows a voice that they can't stand. a voice that just grates on their nerves whenever they hear it". then he looked right at me and said.. "and buddy, YOUR'RE that voice that I can't stand". he went on to threaten to kick me out. well, I had been putting up with the goons beside and behind me for too long, and was not about to take it, so I shouted back..."One, you're NOT my buddy.. and two, the a**-hole behind me is the one whistling, NOT ME." then i got up and walked out. he yelled at me a few times while I walked out, and I shouted a few choice words back at him. security met me at the door, trying to act macho, I guess.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 16:06 by josepi.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 22, 2010 17:04

Worked and lived with for 2 years Eric Lindros who is a famous NHL player(Ice hockey)in Canada and USA when he played for the Philladelphia Flyers,he is retired now,had a lot of concussions.

Posted by: BH ()
Date: January 23, 2010 05:27

Todd Rundgren-Last sept. also in Ohio after the wizard a true star show,the hotel bar at 2a.m. alot of people around he's sitting there at the bar. Walked up next to him ordered a beer and said to the guy on my right who's this guy everyone is so excited about anyhow pointing at Rundgren? He says to me Keith Richards. I said yeah I wish then i'd REALLY be excited!!! Rundgren cracked up we talked for a little while. He was very gracious this nite.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 23, 2010 05:51

josepi
Woody Hayes - was eating a burger at a crowded Wendy's back in the '70s between classes at Ohio State. Had my head in a book and heard someone ask if they could sit down. I said "sure". Next thing i knew, i was eating lunch with Woody. He was very polite and we chatted about my courses.

Pamela Anderson Lee - accidentally copped a cheap feel of her rear end back in the '90s. she did not seem to notice. If memory serves me correct, she was wearing a very slinky long white gown. it was a pretty good feel. nice butt, not too hard but not mushy. it happened at the Hard Rock in Vegas. Stars kept coming in with their entourages and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. After the feel, I asked a bystander who it was, and only then found out it was Pamela. Then I asked what was going on and the gal said the Stones were playing here tonight! Heck, I didn't even know it. was just there by coincidence on vacation.

Eric Clapton - he spends some time here in town every now and then. almost ran over him with my bicycle, once. he yelled at me, but i was too stunned to remember what he yelled.

1st Lady of the state of Oklahoma, 1977 - got drunk with her the night before the Ohio State vs Oklahoma football game at the Thirsty Eye lounge. did not know who she was until a limo came to pick her up. the evening started out confrontational in an amusing sort of way, both of us bragging about how bad our team would beat the other's. by the time we got loaded, we were slobbering all over each other in admiration for each other's team.

almost forgot the best one!...

Todd Rundgren - had a front row seat to one of his one-man solo shows a few years back at the Ohio Theatre, just right of center. to my left were a group of 4 who thought it was a rock & roll show. they kept yelling and acting up. behind me was a guy who kept whistling loudly. between a couple of numbers, Todd spoke the following (roughly)..." you know, everybody knows a voice that they can't stand. a voice that just grates on their nerves whenever they hear it". then he looked right at me and said.. "and buddy, YOUR'RE that voice that I can't stand". he went on to threaten to kick me out. well, I had been putting up with the goons beside and behind me for too long, and was not about to take it, so I shouted back..."One, you're NOT my buddy.. and two, the a**-hole behind me is the one whistling, NOT ME." then i got up and walked out. he yelled at me a few times while I walked out, and I shouted a few choice words back at him. security met me at the door, trying to act macho, I guess.

Love your whole post, but especially getting yelled at by BOTH Eric Clapton AND Todd Rundgren! Classic!! I hope Todd Rundgren realized his mistake after you got booted and those hee-haws behind you kept it up. I love your response tho -- hilarious story!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: January 23, 2010 08:11

swiss
Love your whole post, but especially getting yelled at by BOTH Eric Clapton AND Todd Rundgren! Classic!! I hope Todd Rundgren realized his mistake after you got booted and those hee-haws behind you kept it up. I love your response tho -- hilarious story!

the Clapton incident was scary! i was riding on the sidewalk and he walked out of a store right in front of me. my fault, should not have been riding on the sidewalk! anyway, i looked back, noticed it was him and started thinking "oh crap, that's Eric Clapton...i almost ran Clapton down". put me in a panic and i high-tailed it home, too scared to apologize or say anything. I got home, lit up a doob, and sat around in stoned paranoia for awhile. the wife got home from shopping shortly afterward. when i told her about it, she did not see why i thought it was such a big deal to almost run over Eric Clapton. thinking about it now, maybe it should be a bigger surprise that Pamela Anderson did not have me arrested! (i didn't the wife about that one!)

re; Todd... on my way out, i yelled back at him something to the effect of that my only regret was wasting $100 to see a prima donna has-been.

thinking back on it again... seems kind of like a waste that of my 5 "big star encounters", the only decent one was the Woody Hayes lunch.

well,,, the Pamela incident was not bad either, i guess. nothing to jerk off about, though. it happened so fast and was unexpected, so i didn't really have any time to get "in the mood" first.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-23 08:43 by josepi.

Date: March 9, 2010 14:39

bumped into Lorraine Kelly in Marks & Spencer, the other day.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 9, 2010 16:09

Peter O'toole
Bill Wyman
Mick Taylor

Date: March 9, 2010 17:09

Anneka Rice - for us Brits old enough to remember!

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: March 9, 2010 18:17

Peter O'toole

PETER O'TOOLE???? Roll73, do tell.

Date: March 19, 2010 10:37

Mick Avory

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:17

GeneGenie
Peter O'toole

PETER O'TOOLE???? Roll73, do tell.

Sorry for the delayed response GeneGenie...

It was in Tel Aviv, Israel of all places. Getting on for 20 years ago now.
I was there with some friends on holiday - we'd met some girls on the beach that day and arranged to meet them at their hotel that evening.

We were waiting in the reception area and there he was - way over 6 ft tall, wearing a white linen suit and a straw panama hat. He was pretty drunk (surprise!) and I seem to remember him grabbing one of the receptionists and waltzing her round the foyer! My friend and I went and asked if we could have a photo with him - to which he gladly obliged. As he draped himself over our shoulders for the photo I asked him what he was doing in Israel - drunken mumbling followed so I just said thanks and good to meet you etc.

I still have the photo somewhere (pre-digital of course). Will try and dig it out.

Date: April 11, 2010 18:20

great encounter- thanks for sharing

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 11, 2010 19:51

Bill Wyman
Chris Jagger
Bernard Fowler
Lisa Fisher
Chuck Leavell
Watty (exploited)
Charlie Harper (UK subs)
Reg Presley (the troggs)

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 11, 2010 22:30

Jimmy Nail.. most mornings walked passed our building site in Kilburn London on his way to the shop to a get paper.Always said something some of the things he used to come out with..hes a real laugh I dont think his Bricklaying was as good as he made out on in the British TV series*Auf Wiedersehen Pet*...he played the part as OZ a Geogie Bricklayer...Wayne said a few times in the programme he was a Ronnie Wood look a like.Gee I loved that programme. Jimmy Nail had a 1992 hit with *Aint No Doubt*.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2010 22:55

Adrian-L
bumped into Lorraine Kelly in Marks & Spencer, the other day.

Did you see her 'growler' ?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 11, 2010 23:01

too fricken many and i wish they would go back to bel air and bev hills. the wesside by the water is ruined....

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 11, 2010 23:17

Very impressive...My only claim to fame is a very brief chat with Robert Plant in 1980. Despite all my best efforts, I've never managed to meet any of the stones. It is my greatest regret in life that I wont get to shake at least one of them by the hand and say thanks.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 12, 2010 00:25

In Wellington in the early hours after the ABB Concert I was heading to a good Bar I know.While waiting at a pedestrian crossing this Dude comes up from behind me and stands beside me and we both sort of turn around and look at each other (as ya do).Bernard Fowler (backing vocalist for The Stones)gave each other bit of a smile and nod..now hes one cool looking Dude he had his hair cut shorter on that Tour.Then he just sat at a table outside a bar lit up smoke while at the same time looking at a few women in short skirts...It didnt take long before people recognised him........And another one Rod Stewart was invited to our local Racecourse he backed a few winners.Rod was married to one of our local girls Rachael Hunter then back.Rod Stewart hes another cool looking Dude..I like him.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home