Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14
Re: OT Latest Amy Winehouse show
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 12, 2008 18:13

It was a great performance, I thought so too

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 12, 2008 18:22

smileys with beer
Erik_Snow
It was a great performance, I thought so too

Date: February 20, 2008 09:08

Tonight at the BRIT awards look for more news on SKY.COM news

Date: February 20, 2008 09:17

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 21, 2008 08:58

Guys did you see her last night at the Brit Awards? Absolutely brilliant, it's been years since i've liked a modern act this much. Link below! Enjoy!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 21, 2008 10:15

flairville
Guys did you see her last night at the Brit Awards? Absolutely brilliant, it's been years since i've liked a modern act this much. Link below! Enjoy!

not sure about this performance, but her second of the night, looked mimed,
to me.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 21, 2008 11:10

Heh? Get outta here......

Date: February 21, 2008 11:15

ablett
Heh? Get outta here......

i was channel-hopping and paying little attention, but thats the way
i saw it.

Date: February 21, 2008 11:20

She was good my friend. Kept singing of mike slightly so it can't have been taped.

Macca was also very good but the voice was strained.

Osbournes were a waste of space mind!

Date: February 21, 2008 14:47

I really liked it uhmmm ''Valerie'' what other song did she? and is it on you tube?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 21, 2008 15:10

Hey, she wasn't bad here, a BIG improvement over the Grammy performance... She took command of the stage and really took charge in her singing and in her moves, had the song down solid... See, I'm not above changing my mind when I see major improvement... BTW, where's the second number? AND, what did Macca do (what songs?)....

Date: February 21, 2008 15:17

Hey Jude, Live and Let Die and Dance tonight of the new album

Date: February 21, 2008 15:29

HelterSkelter
Hey, she wasn't bad here, a BIG improvement over the Grammy performance... She took command of the stage and really took charge in her singing and in her moves, had the song down solid... See, I'm not above changing my mind when I see major improvement... BTW, where's the second number? AND, what did Macca do (what songs?)....
Soon you be a Amy fan to!! desperate on the hunt for tickets to see her show....to see her live will not be easy cause she is getting real big now...glad you changed your mindwinking smiley

Date: February 21, 2008 15:30

But what was the second song??smileys with beer

Posted by: Brumstone ()
Date: February 21, 2008 15:43

Love is a losing game

With a smile on your face and a tear right in your eye

Date: February 21, 2008 15:44

Thats my fav!! Can we see it??!!smileys with beer

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 21, 2008 18:06

Amy Winehouse, Love is a Losing Game, Brit Awards 08

Date: February 21, 2008 18:42

thanks Open G!! this version kills the studio vers...beautiful!smileys with beer

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 22, 2008 00:57

Yeah, that was pretty good (Amy - song #2) too but I like the first SONG a bit more. Gotta say Macca was a disappointment cause it reminded me of rushing through the 12 minute Super Bowl Show (American Football Half Time show). LIVE AND LET DIE is a "no-brainer" cause that's always been the one you can fire off all the rockets and stuff... HEY JUDE, another "no brainer" crowd pleasure - big sing-a-long at the end and all that, needed a new idea IMHO.... poor guy, that Divorce must be really doing a number on him, What a BAD MOVE falling for Heather.... Anybody know if she can walk the streets of London without being yelled at every minute or two ? Macca fans are "hard core - loyal", that's for sure - hope she has a lot of headphones (iPod's) to keep the "street noise" out......

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 22, 2008 01:41

She's a really nature born artist

Date: March 13, 2008 15:48

A good read in today's Daily Telegraph

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: March 13, 2008 19:03

Always good to hear about Amy Winehouse....been checking the world charts and she's been number 2 almost every week since Christmas...if they added the sales of the deluxe edition she would be number one.

Funny to see an album I like scale such heights.....it has not been thus for quite a few years ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 19:04 by mofur.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 14, 2008 01:06

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: March 14, 2008 01:23

She can flat out sing. I have a boot recorded in Amsterdam, February 2007 and it blows away the album. She's the real deal.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 16, 2008 20:37

High praise: Richards says that Amy Winhouse is the only current singer he rates, but added that he didn't think she'd 'be around for long' unless she cleaned up her act

In an exclusive interview for The Mail on Sunday's Live magazine, 'Keef' spoke frankly of his own drug-taking.

The guitarist - who inspired Johnny Depp's character Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates Of The Caribbean - said he still listens to his old blues heroes such as Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and Jimmy Reed.

Asked which modern artists he rated, he said: "There's only one person. That girl Amy.

Scroll down for more...
Amy and Mick Jagger

Amy Winehouse and Keith's bandmate Mick Jagger perform together at the 2007 Isle of Wight festival

"Mind you, that girl isn't going to be around long unless she sorts herself out pretty quick. Amy's got to get smart."

Richards, 64, said he did not expect her to listen.
He said: "I'm not a preacher. But I've been there and you have to pass it on."

The former heroin addict admitted he still "smokes weed all the damn time" and said he was once so high on drugs he let a firework burn his finger to the bone.

Scroll down for more...
Stones

'I'm not a preacher': Keith, pictured with bandmate Ronnie Wood (left), has spoken frankly on his drug-taking in an interview with the The Mail on Sunday's Live magazine

He said: "When this band started, I never gave it more than two years. Forty-odd years later, I now think we're just about getting it tight.

"I don't see the problem of performing when you are 80. Chuck Berry can do it."

Jagger, also 64, spoke of the band's trouble with the police over drugs in the Seventies.

He said: "It completely took over our lives creatively and we couldn't do this and couldn't do that.

"You had to spend all your time trying to deal with the police. The same thing has happened to Amy Winehouse."

The pair were speaking ahead of next month's premiere of the Stones film Shine A Light.

Jagger added: "Performing is like sex, an addiction. But to do it well, you can't do it all the time."

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: March 16, 2008 20:52

sir doug, could you please post the boot from amsterdam? would like to hear it

thx

Date: April 7, 2008 17:05

is she in the studio? or what...i hear nothing lately

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 7, 2008 20:15

Rooster
Maybe this will help [may need to scroll down a bit]
[movies.msn.com]

Date: April 7, 2008 21:41

Thanks man!!

Date: June 23, 2008 13:53

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Singer Amy Winehouse has the lung disease emphysema, possibly caused by smoking crack cocaine and cigarettes, her father has said.

Mitch Winehouse told the Sunday Mirror his daughter has early stage emphysema and an irregular heartbeat.

"Doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs, it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her," he said.

Emphysema is a progressive lung condition which leaves sufferers struggling for breath.

"She's got emphysema - it's in its early stages, but had it gone on for another month they painted a very vivid picture of her sitting there like an old person with a mask on her face struggling to breathe," Mr Winehouse said.

'Stay away'

"With smoking the crack cocaine and the cigarettes her lungs are all gunked up. There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She's got 70% lung capacity."

Mr Winehouse also called for his daughter's drug dealers and circle of drug addict pals to stay away from her.

"I'm saying to those drug dealers, and they know who they are, if they are supplying crack to Amy, then they've got to take responsibility," he said.

"I don't want her hanging out with her mates like Pete Doherty either. What hope does she have if people are taking drugs around her?"

A spokesman for Winehouse said: "If that's what Mitch says, that's what he says. It sounds right."

The 24-year-old fell ill last week after fainting at her London home.

She is due to perform at the Glastonbury Festival and Nelson Mandela concert this weekend.

Emphysema is caused by gradual damage to the structure of the lungs, which makes it harder to exhale.

It usually affects older people as it is due to culmulative damage over a long period, such as a lifetime of smoking.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 12 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home