Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: OT Latest Amy Winehouse show
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 9, 2008 06:52

How late euro -time is it gonna start Sunday?smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-09 06:59 by rooster.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: February 9, 2008 12:50

It will be broadcasted live on PRO7 in germany - but very late on Sunday night to Monday morning. 2:00 - 6:40h.
I guess Netherland tv will have it...

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: February 9, 2008 13:25

Thanks Open G...damm have to wake up very early for work mondayconfused smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 9, 2008 17:46

I'm always free on monday drinking smiley

Date: February 9, 2008 17:54

Hele nach opbleve dan!!! Voh Amy!!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 9, 2008 18:17

A great, great talent.

Let's hope she can pull through all of this crap.

Date: February 9, 2008 18:22

Rehab Baby, Rehab!!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 10, 2008 00:20

Date: February 10, 2008 15:44

Any news about tonight?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 11, 2008 06:04

Just saw the Grammy Performance - Amy-no-visa "Live in London" (I get New York Channels on my Dish in LA). I have NO IDEA what you guys see/hear in her. She can't SING, she can't MOVE, The 2 songs she did (second one was her 1 and only hit REHAB - NO NO NO) were crap. I just don't get it. On top of all that she seemed somewhat high on something and she's just really SKANKY. Not putting her down on the Skank thing, she uses that whole "look" for her act, we all know that..... Man, check out lead singer Shirley Manson of GARBAGE, only about 1,000 times better, if you want a great female singer/performer... on top of that Manson has "stage presence", another thing Amy lacks big time..... Someone explain this mass hypnotism to me, PLEASE !!!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 11, 2008 06:09

"Winehouse, 24, won two key Grammys -- song of the year for her signature hit, "Rehab," and best new artist -- as well as awards for female pop vocal solo performance for "Rehab," and pop vocal album for "Back to Black," her breakthrough release."

An absolute triumph.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-11 07:56 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 11, 2008 09:51

Thanks Rooster!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 11, 2008 12:08

HelterSkelter
Just saw the Grammy Performance - Amy-no-visa "Live in London" (I get New York Channels on my Dish in LA). I have NO IDEA what you guys see/hear in her. She can't SING, she can't MOVE, The 2 songs she did (second one was her 1 and only hit REHAB - NO NO NO) were crap. I just don't get it. On top of all that she seemed somewhat high on something and she's just really SKANKY. Not putting her down on the Skank thing, she uses that whole "look" for her act, we all know that..... Man, check out lead singer Shirley Manson of GARBAGE, only about 1,000 times better, if you want a great female singer/performer... on top of that Manson has "stage presence", another thing Amy lacks big time..... Someone explain this mass hypnotism to me, PLEASE !!!

<<< I have NO IDEA what you guys see/hear in her >>>

Pretty much the same as the folks that contributed to her scooping all those grammys I'd guess. Come on, be serious. Forget the looks - OK, but that VOICE !! Maybe you should scoop some of that wax outa your ears ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 11, 2008 15:21

HelterSkelter
Just saw the Grammy Performance - Amy-no-visa "Live in London" (I get New York Channels on my Dish in LA). I have NO IDEA what you guys see/hear in her. She can't SING, she can't MOVE, The 2 songs she did (second one was her 1 and only hit REHAB - NO NO NO) were crap. I just don't get it. On top of all that she seemed somewhat high on something and she's just really SKANKY. Not putting her down on the Skank thing, she uses that whole "look" for her act, we all know that.....

Can't sing? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

One & only hit? On what planet's charts are you referring to?

"She seemed somewhat high on something"...uh, you're aware (cant see how you couldnt be) that she's in mid-rehab at the minute and probably had no more than a few hours rehearsal?

and yeah, sure, she's lost about 20-30 pounds in weight and become a heroin and crack addict solely to perfect a "look" for her act..... eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-11 15:22 by Gazza.

Date: February 11, 2008 15:29

Beelyboy
"Winehouse, 24, won two key Grammys -- song of the year for her signature hit, "Rehab," and best new artist -- as well as awards for female pop vocal solo performance for "Rehab," and pop vocal album for "Back to Black," her breakthrough release."

An absolute triumph.

She won five in all. I think she was nominated for six. Kanye West won four and Bruce won three.

For those of you in the UK, the Grammys are on ITV2 tonight from 9 - 11 pm.

Date: February 11, 2008 15:47

Amy Winehouse has every reason to be proud of her time fixating on "Rehab."

The 24-year-old Brit made a spectacle of herself—but not in a bad way—Sunday night, reminding fans why they care about her troubles in the first place by winning a leading five Grammy Awards, including Record and Song of the Year.

Winehouse, who only Friday was granted a visa that allows her to perform in the U.S. again, also won Best Pop Vocal Album for her platinum-selling sophomore effort Back to Black and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (again for "Rehab") and was named Best New Artist.

Even with the kudos, Winehouse's name had a question mark next to it for weeks. And on the day of, producers still weren't sure whether she would appear in the flesh, albeit via satellite.

And just when it seemed as if time had run out on the 50th Annual Grammy Awards and the most hyped performance of the evening—not to mention the most anticipated acceptance speeches—had yet to occur, they hooked up the satellite link to London and let 'er rip at about 7:41 p.m. ET.

Winehouse, sporting her signature beehive and looking healthier than tabloid readers have seen in a long time, tore into "You Know I'm No Good." Then, appearing to lose the nerves as she went on, she segued into her smash hit "Rehab," once again making people wonder, upon looking at her fragile frame, where that devastatingly mature voice comes from.

The overseas connection was made just in time for Winehouse to look positively flabbergasted at hearing her name called for Record of the Year. She immediately disappeared into the hugs of her band and various supporters, and the intimate crowd assembled to hear her performance in London started chanting "Amy, Amy!"

"Thank you to everyone at Island Records, everyone at EMI Music Publishing...to my mum and dad, to my Blake incarcerated...and to London, this is for London!" the quirky songbird shouted.

[www.eonline.com]

Date: February 11, 2008 15:57

HelterSkelter

Helter doesn't get it! Big news, eh?
What I don't get: you've been ranting about Amy so many times, why do you even bother?
I'm just glad that your opinion counts as much as any other ones? it's just one.
...and you're obviously out-numbered.
You can rant on for ever - it won't take one of the five Grammy Awards away from Amy - it just tells more about you^^

Date: February 11, 2008 16:05

F***in' delighted for her. Hopefully this will be a good shot in the arm for her (oops)

"Amy, Amy, Amy..."

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: February 11, 2008 16:21

I thought her performance was not as good as some of her past performances. But that's OK. My question is : What did she say at the end of her acceptance? Someting about "burn, London, down.." !?!

Date: February 11, 2008 16:47

Duane in Houston
I thought her performance was not as good as some of her past performances. But that's OK. My question is : What did she say at the end of her acceptance? Someting about "burn, London, down.." !?!

What she said is pretty much at the end...

"Thank you to everyone at Island Records, everyone at EMI Music Publishing...to my mum and dad, to my Blake incarcerated...and to London, this is for London - because Camden town is burning down!"
There was a big fire in Camden
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 11, 2008 18:59

Fun performance, she seemed to be in good spirits, but Best new artist!?

New!? confused smiley

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: February 11, 2008 20:46

She could need a bit more flesh to her bones,she is quit a beauty.
What a pity the USA government sticks their nose again in other ones
busines.
If she wants to take drugs,let her,Keith survived,she will.

Date: February 12, 2008 01:17

MTFan
busines.

Not to state the obvious, but her lack of flesh is somewhat directly linked to the drug habit you're encouraging her to continue to pursue.

Why does every junkie have to be compared to Keith? Daft argument. They're hardly made of the same stuff. She's a 24 year old woman for God's sake.

If someone 'sticking their nose' in means saving someone from themself, then its hardly a bad thing. Do you think Keith would still be around today - let alone have cleaned up - had he not been forced to do so by someone else ?

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:49

Love her or hate her, her talent wins out. Somehow, her substance issues need to be separated from her singing career.
Why is that so hard to do? You can appreciate Van Gogh's paintings or you can get stuck in the groove of going on about "his ear" but the two points are not the same.
Whether or not Amy gets off the dope is her problem. Sympathy abounds and help will be needed but in the end she has to control herself, no one can do it for her.
She is a GREAT singer, I am glad she won. Maybe it's good she did not get to come to the USA yet...the cops are lurking, they read the papers too. Good luck to her! I hope she has a long and prosperous career.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 12, 2008 03:36

[www.myspace.com] <<< A nice blues singer out of philly...Gina Sicilia. [www.ginasicilia.com]

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 12, 2008 04:50

sweet things, you're gonna compare Van Gogh to Amy WineHype, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING !!!!

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: February 12, 2008 10:21

I had tickets for her show in SF that was canceled with all of it, but now it will be much more difficult to score tickets if/when she does come.

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: February 12, 2008 13:06

Gazza
MTFan
busines.

Not to state the obvious, but her lack of flesh is somewhat directly linked to the drug habit you're encouraging her to continue to pursue.

Why does every junkie have to be compared to Keith? Daft argument. They're hardly made of the same stuff. She's a 24 year old woman for God's sake.

If someone 'sticking their nose' in means saving someone from themself, then its hardly a bad thing. Do you think Keith would still be around today - let alone have cleaned up - had he not been forced to do so by someone else ?

I am not encouraging her,it'her own choice,and you can advice people not to use drugs,you cannot force them.

Date: February 12, 2008 15:16

Saying "let her" and assuming she'll 'survive' based on the flawed logic that she'll do so just because Keith (who's a freak of nature) did, sounds pretty much like 'encouraging' to me.

Keith would probably not be alive today - and the Stones would probably not have existed into the 80's - had he not been busted in Toronto, told to show he was in the process of cleaning up and threatened with incarceration, so yeah, in some cases 'forcing' someone to sort themselves out can have a positive effect. The recent tabloid frenzy of Amy being pictured smoking crack probably led directly to her seeking help for her problem shortly afterwards, not only to save her career but probably her life. Thankfully it seems to be working so far. [news.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-12 15:30 by Gazza.

Date: February 12, 2008 18:11

lonely at the top I thought she was great..even Rehab sounded good...what a voice!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home