Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith, Patti and Life In Weston, Connecticut
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:23

First of all, it STARTED as a dream but the magazine is into the topic now and I found out that Keith would be told by his manager/handlers to " go sit for the interview with such and such a person at a certain place at a certain time" and he just shows up. That's how it happens so he doesn't have to get jazzed at all; my job will be to turn him on to the interview and get him the mood to talk! That's why I started this thread, so I could pull some great ideas for topics. I do not want it to be a bore for him. Trust me, if it happens that the magazine ends up hiring me to do this on a certain date, I'll be there, prepared with a friend photog and a great tape recorder. I also found out that it is NOT as easy as it may sound, especially since he is not in Weston right now, like I said. This could realistically take years! They may hire me and it could get put on a back-burner until after the tour, who knows? Like I've said, my friend at Westport Magazne told me the Gene Wilder thing took almost 5 years to finish. Hey, I've got time! All I know at this point is that the editors are seriously into the theme and according to her, I could ask what I want; they, of course can suggest topics and those would be " family questions " I'd imagine, figuring that they know little about the Stones. SURPRISE, SURPRISE! My topics will include lots of music/blues/Stones questions. I am just finishing Keith's latest biography so that will be one source of info.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 21, 2007 01:27

Seriously, I envy you and I'm glad ya seem to be makin this dream come true.

Hope it will work out.

..Which would the latest bio be: I tend to lose track off them at times.

All luck, and, as I've said: feel free to mail me & I give ya some ideas.
As I have vague plans to do something similar one day; I wouldnt put it all out here, hope ya understand smiling smiley ...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 25, 2007 08:34

Don't you think Mickschix should take a printout of Rockman's Keith photo with Elton and Bono? He's bound to have something to say about each of those egomaniacs.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 4, 2007 17:11

(bump)

Snorting Bert?

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 02:06 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: April 5, 2007 22:15

Yes mickschix I have a few questions you could ask Keith.

I am from around New Orleans where Hurricane Katrina hit, but not in New Orleans. Anyway the Stones were on tour and were going to come to New Orleans but the Superdome arena experienced a lot of damage so they could not.
Is it a possibility that the Stones could come back and play New Orleans if they come back to the States? It would be nice to see them return.
Does Keith practice/rehearse a lot by himself on the guitar for a Stones tour?
Does Keith appreciate the fans? I am a huge fan of the Stones and hope they know the fans really care about the them to.
That is all.. I really wish I could see the stones live once again.
Thanks, drummer_dude

Posted by: littlesister ()
Date: April 5, 2007 22:40

Lucky you!!

Ask Keith for a tour of his library and ask if what he's reading at a particular time ever influences the music he's writing.

Date: April 6, 2007 01:53

There's always SOMEONE with a load of SOUR GRAPES and ALIMENTE, you get the old fart of the month award! Too bad YOU think it's BS to learn about the MAN, not just the music. A REAL Stones fan, I think would be intrigued to take a peak at his personal life outside of the band. I love articles about musicians that I love when the interviewer gets her subject off-track. The chat can take unexpected turns and with Keith, anything is possible. Now with all of the funny business about snorting ole Bert, how can I NOT ask about THAT? Like I've said before, this is not simply a rant or a fantasy of mine, it may become reality.....or it may never get off the ground. The topic is really interesting to the editors and I am not holding my breathe expecting it to go down next week. Having presented a long list of questions I would ask Keith, here I sit, waiting to see what they thought. I've been way too busy with other publications this week to even call the editor! The waiting game, it's the Stones favorite game from what I'm told.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2007 02:05

Good luck mickschix...Praying you make it thru...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 6, 2007 05:20

Yeah but I'd hold off on the snortin dad question if I was you.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 6, 2007 06:13

Does Keith vacuum and dust?

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2007 07:28

Keith

- Has any rolling stone ever been there or spent a night over at his house?
- Does he have a studio there?
- Where is his favorite spot to write?
- What does he do when he gets bored?
- How long does it takes for him to feel at home there when he gets back from touring?

That's all I have. I might come back later for more.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 6, 2007 12:04

mickschix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's always SOMEONE with a load of SOUR GRAPES
> and ALIMENTE, you get the old fart of the month
> award! Too bad YOU think it's BS to learn about
> the MAN, not just the music. A REAL Stones fan, I
> think would be intrigued to take a peak at his
> personal life outside of the band. I love articles
> about musicians that I love when the interviewer
> gets her subject off-track. The chat can take
> unexpected turns and with Keith, anything is
> possible. Now with all of the funny business about
> snorting ole Bert, how can I NOT ask about THAT?
> Like I've said before, this is not simply a rant
> or a fantasy of mine, it may become reality.....or
> it may never get off the ground. The topic is
> really interesting to the editors and I am not
> holding my breathe expecting it to go down next
> week. Having presented a long list of questions I
> would ask Keith, here I sit, waiting to see what
> they thought. I've been way too busy with other
> publications this week to even call the editor!
> The waiting game, it's the Stones favorite game
> from what I'm told.

well if you think so its ok that I am the BOF of the month! but how come you think you learn about the man himself with this homestory? Keith is professional since many decades and he only lets us know what he wants to let us know. at worst you get stories like the fathersnorting, and at best you get stories that fit his image in public best. Keiths interviews over the years were always funny and entertaining, and for many years I really enjoyed them. but there was a time I began to think it is all not too serious, hes playing a role, he serves his image, but this is not the real man. the real man is only known by his relatives and really close friends. and even in recent press conference (tour announcement) when the interviewer mentioned something that Keith has said did you see the funny glance in Jaggers eyes "oh, Keith!". Jagger did not continue further but it was all like "well, if you take Keith serious, its your problem!". it may be funny to do this story but if you really believe you can get through to "the man behind the music" or "the man behind his image" thats really ambitious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 12:17 by alimente.

Date: April 6, 2007 14:45

I didn't really say that I was confident that I'd get him to reveal the TRUE Keith, but pieces of the real guy would be NICE! Do you recall the Ed Bradley interview back about 7 years or more? Now THAT was an interview!! Ed Bradley was magic with Mick and Keith, getting Mick to dance down the street in New Orleans, really cool. He didn't PRESS, that was the secret. He just let it flow, looked him right in the eye, very calm and not phased at all by who he was interviewing. I'll have to look back at that interview for hints, I haven't looked at it in years but it could be very helpful. And yes, in answer to your question, I am aware Keith loves to " pull the legs" of interviewers! Always the jester, so maybe I can play into that somehow.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 6, 2007 14:58

Ask him why they don´t honor their history, and open the vaults, and let some of the good stuff get proper releases.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 6, 2007 17:22

mickschix Wrote:
> I didn't really say that I was confident that I'd
> get him to reveal the TRUE Keith, but pieces of
> the real guy would be NICE! Do you recall the Ed
> Bradley interview back about 7 years or more? Now
> THAT was an interview!! Ed Bradley was magic with
> Mick and Keith, getting Mick to dance down the
> street in New Orleans, really cool. He didn't
> PRESS, that was the secret. He just let it flow,
> looked him right in the eye, very calm and not
> phased at all by who he was interviewing. I'll
> have to look back at that interview for hints, I
> haven't looked at it in years but it could be very
> helpful. And yes, in answer to your question, I am
> aware Keith loves to " pull the legs" of
> interviewers! Always the jester, so maybe I can
> play into that somehow.

Now i want to see that interview...more than ever now!!! Can ya post it??

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 6, 2007 19:52

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Ask him why they don´t honor their history, and
> open the vaults, and let some of the good stuff
> get proper releases.

yes, thats also what I really like to know. why dont they honor their history? much more interesting than learning about the social life in Weston, Ct.!!! and its a topic that really frustrates a lot of Stones fans. in fact, Im jealous when I see how much archive material is released by other bands and how happy fans of other bands can be. Im not really interested to get another 4DVD set with concert by the current band or another live album by current band. I prefer to get classic shows from classic tours in best possible sound on official releases, CD and DVD. and great outtakes and BBC stuff too!!! why is this not possible with Stones? they always try to please the masses, but it is time to please us hardcore fans too. I really like to know Keiths opinion about this. why do they shit on their glorious past?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-06 19:53 by alimente.

Date: April 6, 2007 20:06

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Ask him why they don´t honor their history, and
> open the vaults, and let some of the good stuff
> get proper releases.

That is the main and best question!!!!!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 6, 2007 20:37

Ok, I will ask about archive material and that is a very valid question. I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of that material!! Hopefully I will get the chance to ask it.

Date: April 6, 2007 20:50

Well cheers from holland...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-08 18:36 by rooster.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 7, 2007 03:58

.... show up with a sleepin bag and a case of hard liquor, your first question

should be, "where do i set this stuff, i need to hang with ya fer a week??" ....

Posted by: Lord Sinclair ()
Date: April 8, 2007 17:38

I suggest you do a little homework on the subject yourself first.
Keith and Patti were featured in Vanity Fair magazine with their daughter back in the fall of 1992 when he did his Main Offender solo album. Much was written about their daily life.

Having grown up around other music celebrities I can tell you that most don't really want to get into their daily lives too much unless they are promoting an album or tour and your readership is their demographic.

Keith has no need for an episode of MTV Cribs and Patti and their girls get enough attention without yet another lifestyle piece. Especially now after the ashes comment.

My advice is the follow the suggestio on another thread and focus on Keith. His recovery from the head injury-tennis, riding his bike, etc... and leave the family out of it. Besides, the man has done so many interviews what could you possibly ask him anyway.

You might as well find another story because I don;t think you've got one here.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 8, 2007 17:49

What are Patti and the girls' tastes in music - and does it ever cause arguments?

Keith - never mind the guitar - who taught you to play the piano? Or are you one of those lucky people who can do it by ear? Can you read music? (I'm sure there are people on this board who know the answer to that one, but I dont...)
When did you start getting into the classical stuff that you sometimes talk about? And is it really true that you still listen to choral music sometimes (as someone who was once very good at it!)

Date: April 8, 2007 18:39

Is death the end?

Date: April 8, 2007 18:39

Is death the end?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2007 18:45

smile: Keith's been asked that, Rooster - he says he's been sworn to secrecy. :E

Date: April 8, 2007 18:46

rooster Wrote:
> Is death the end?

Yes it is.

Date: April 8, 2007 18:50

Do you really think so? Im not sure at all.

Date: April 8, 2007 18:53

Well since I've never been dead,I don't have any first hand info on the subject. But I'll let you know in about another 30,40 years hopefully.smiling smiley

Date: April 8, 2007 19:05

with sssoul Wrote:
> smile: Keith's been asked that, Rooster - he says
> he's been sworn to secrecy. :E

Thanks S SSSoul!!! I remember something like that...have to search....Do ya have a ticket??..stupid thing to ask i know!!..and Sweet Charm...there is no escape life will go on and on...pffff!!!

Date: April 8, 2007 19:08

I hope so rooster.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home