Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Keith, Patti and Life In Weston, Connecticut
Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: March 19, 2007 14:42

You still didn't answer the question:
HAS KEITH SAID YES? Has he said he would like to give you/the local newspaper an interview? That's not up to the local newspaper to decide, you know. It's entirely up to Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-19 14:46 by Tralala.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 19, 2007 15:53

Edit

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-19 17:16 by Baboon Bro.

Date: March 19, 2007 16:44

Precicely, Baboon. Keith doesn't give a damn about the money. He's in this with his heart. Not even thinking of a pension fund. And that would not have been necessary, either, since there are so many thousands of people who would have been willing to see to that he gets everything he needs after retirement.

And I think Mickschix is basing her statement - that Mick would be a huge success as a solo artist - on the experiences from one show... That seems a bit premature, from my point of view. But he's a great frontman. However, I did object to the fact that he negotiated a record real for himself, failing to inform his mates and business partners. That of course, pis*ed them off.

And perhaps the album sales are a bit disappointing? Well, the Stones is presently the band in the business who are making the most money. And after people started burning their own cd's, downloading etc, album sales have dropped. Their tours and the merchandising is their greatest source of income. Has been since 1981, I suppose.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: March 19, 2007 16:49

Keith isn't in it for the money? C'mon, everyone is in it for the money, when that much money is involved, it's silly to say otherwise IMO.

Keith seems to do more posing then playing at some shows. The Stones are performers, they don't get on stage and PLAY, no, they perform. That's to bad.

Date: March 19, 2007 17:15

No need start messin'round and pickin on Mick/Keith..
Sorry if I started something mean.. Will edit above.
Of course Keith is in it for the money too.
And Mick is in it for the music too.

The Story about Stones Pause in the 80s deals about another
thing too, if ya ask me: The sudden & momentary death or Rock
in mid-80s.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 19, 2007 18:10

Debra,

If the editors who offered you the assignment are local people (although you did not specify which publication they were affiliated with) your tone indicates it to be somewhat of community orientied publication, why would you try to turn it into a rock n roll interview for a music type read?

According to the guidelines you stated:

"They want it to be a couple interview"

This would seem to be completely off topic. According to your initial questions to your associates, you suggested a Keith and Patty interview. Are you being deceiving in your intentions? To drive it solely on Stones issues pretty much makes Patty a bystander. Does Keith's management require you to submit your questions for review prior to the interview?

The questions I proposed for you were "couple orientated". Maybe I misunderstood your intentions.

What type of journalism are you employed in? Newspaper, magazine, free lance?

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: March 19, 2007 20:45

The Sicilian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Debra,
>
> If the editors who offered you the assignment are
> local people (although you did not specify which
> publication they were affiliated with) your tone
> indicates it to be somewhat of community orientied
> publication, why would you try to turn it into a
> rock n roll interview for a music type read?
>
> According to the guidelines you stated:
>
> "They want it to be a couple interview"
>
> This would seem to be completely off topic.
> According to your initial questions to your
> associates, you suggested a Keith and Patty
> interview. Are you being deceiving in your
> intentions? To drive it solely on Stones issues
> pretty much makes Patty a bystander. Does Keith's
> management require you to submit your questions
> for review prior to the interview?
>
> The questions I proposed for you were "couple
> orientated". Maybe I misunderstood your
> intentions.
>
> What type of journalism are you employed in?
> Newspaper, magazine, free lance?

yes exactly, no matter what you may want to ask keith about the band, etc, i dont think that would be appropriate if that is not the type of article they want..

but im sure you could sneak a few in there lol

i would focus alot on them raising the girls up there as opposed to in NYC and why they decided that - better schooling, privacy, etc., and how they are dealing now that the girls are out on their own, ask about their favorite local restaurants & bars, keith's library - what is he currently reading, fav authors, etc..

do you have to submit an outline or something?

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 19, 2007 22:05

Well, I just got off the phone with my contact at the magazine and from what I'm understanding, they pretty much leave the questions up to the freelancer that they hire. Of course, they can suggest what NOT to ask, like maybe they wouldn't want drug related questions so the whole bust in Toronto might be off-limits. I am a free-lancer who has another day job. I used to write alot more in the 90's but they just care that the story is approved by Keith and the editors. In answer to an earlier question, it is now going to be put to Keith as to whether or not he's up for the interview. They sort of do things in reverse at this place, they are sold on the IDEA first. Lots went on today so I should know more soon. TRALALA, like I said, it could fall through but the magazine is liking the ideas and the feel of this. My contact told me about a similar article they did on Gene Wilder and it took 5 years to get to press( this can't take that long or it won't be of value) because he insisted on talking only about his deceased wife's project and not about himself. In the end, a compromise was met and the article was a blend of his life and her project. This could conceivably take quite awhile I suppose ; I'd imagine Keith would want to read the article before it runs.

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: March 19, 2007 22:12

im sure keiths 'people' will have to approve everything, good luck Debra hope you get to do it

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 19, 2007 22:42

Here's another question, have the Stones ever thought of doing a show in London
of just the sixties and seventies music with a special invite with the two
older members to be included: Mick Taylor & Bill Wyman?

MLC

Date: March 20, 2007 03:53

leave the kids out of the questions-not publics business. remember the people here are rabid fans. try to make it more for general public consumption. previous years fights and drama are probably personal and out of bounds.ask about "this place is empty". i saw patti video tape it at a show and she seemed really touched.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:15

Ask him why he hates cheese and what does he tell the Domino's guy/girl when he orders a pizza..... I mean, how can one eat a cheeseless pizza, that's just effing "weird city" man... no other way to put it, the sauce without the cheese? Just isn't done, no way.........

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 20, 2007 05:15

Dont speak about you liking the Eagles..and not liking gram Parsons.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 20, 2007 13:00

Very, VERY funny ROOSTER!! I love a sense of humor! Yes, Gram would not be at the front of my mind anyway, be assured! As for the Eagles, I'm not sure Keith doesn't like some of their less commercial stuff. Hey, late last night a friend who really about the Stones called and said Keith is not even in Connecticut now because his home is all torn about, major renovations being done. This is TRUE so I am not sure how this bodes for me; I'd bet NOT GOOD! He is living at his " other island home" and I'd rather not say which island. Most of what she tells me is not for public consumption. He told me all about what may or may not happen with this interview and he tried not to depress me, BUT this may not be a great time to catch up with Keith. He told me that perhaps this magazine is being a bit naive and not understanding all the steps it would take to put me in front of Keith...and there are quite a few. And Keith's willingness is not one of the problems but it's complicated beyond their imagining! Oh, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 20, 2007 13:13

What would you ask ? If you could interview Mick Jagger...woulnt you be nervous?! If you go to that island...dont get stoned! Talking is hard when stoned!And writing also as you can see!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-20 13:15 by rooster.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: March 20, 2007 15:09

Please don't take advice from people here and ask about dvds being released or Mick Taylor sitting in with them. Those seem like childish / obsessed fan type of questions and don't think Keith would say anything interesting.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: March 20, 2007 15:17

I think the less questions you ask about the Stones, the more likely Keith is to bring up the Stones, if you think about that for a minute.

Date: March 20, 2007 16:39

Don't listen to JJ Flash!!!

Taylor and Keith are FRIENDS!!!

Old Stones fans would like to hear one of the "original" lineup again just to
see what they would sound like. And I don't think it will be the first time Keith has heard that one.. Even his ex "Anita" told him she won't go see the
Stones live again unless they perform: Exile on Main Street...

MLC

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 20, 2007 17:07

MCDDTLC Wrote:
> Don't listen to JJ Flash!!!
>
> Taylor and Keith are FRIENDS!!!
>

>
> MLC

Keith, on Mick Taylor (Guitar World, 2003(?)):

"He's a really good (I'm going by memory - he may have said great) guitar player. It's too bad he found out the hard way that that's all that he is".

I think "old friends" may be more like it. I doubt that they talk much.

Date: March 20, 2007 17:38

Wmiller - Research a little more!

Taylor played on Keith's last solo effort, Taylor talk's to Jagger very often,
according to Taylor. Keith every once in a while get's in a dig at Taylor, like
that comment, but then you will see another where Keith mentions getting Taylor
to come to one of their get-togethers, not to socialize but to "PLAY" with him.

Keith still holds Taylor in very high regard, musically
and Taylor still answers when asked: YES I'd like to sit-in with the Stones,
at least one more time.....

MLC

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 20, 2007 17:46

>> Taylor played on Keith's last solo effort <<

no he didn't - it's Keith's first Winos album that Mick T played on

>> Even his ex "Anita" told him she won't go see the
Stones live again unless they perform: Exile on Main Street <<

no she didn't - she said she was interested in going to one of the Licks shows
where Exile was the featured album (and it wasn't some kind of "ultimatum" -
she was at at least one of the Twickenham 06 shows)

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: March 20, 2007 18:04

MCDDTLC Wrote:
> Wmiller - Research a little more!
>
> Taylor played on Keith's last solo effort, Taylor
> talk's to Jagger very often,
> according to Taylor. Keith every once in a while
> get's in a dig at Taylor, like
> that comment, but then you will see another where
> Keith mentions getting Taylor
> to come to one of their get-togethers, not to
> socialize but to "PLAY" with him.
>
> Keith still holds Taylor in very high regard,
> musically
> and Taylor still answers when asked: YES I'd like
> to sit-in with the Stones,
> at least one more time.....
>
> MLC

MLC - I wasn't doing a research project (that's another threadsmiling smiley) .... but thanks for supporting my point that Keith and Mick T's realtionship is more like "old friends", as opposed to "buddies".

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: March 20, 2007 18:15

MLC, I think you should do your own research, like mentioned above Taylor played on Keith's first solo album and that was almost 20 years ago... and you are misquoting Anita, I know exactly the story you are referring to and she didn't say that.

Why turn every thread into something else about Taylor

Date: March 20, 2007 18:31

I'm not mis-quoting Anita, if I remember correctly her words were:

I told Keith that the "ONLY" way I'd go see the Stones again live was if they
would perform: Exile on Main Street, to which Keith didn't answer.

What do you remember?

Sorry - I don't keep up with Keith's or Jagger's latest solo projects but I
thought I read something about Taylor being on a more recent Keith solo project,
but again, it wasn't that long ago when I read that comment from Keith about
a party they had, Taylor showed up and Keith's quote about taylor being there was: You don't just Taylor to show up, you get him to PLAY!!!

And Wmiller - Keith's quote on Taylor not that long ago: We're MATES!!

MLC

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 20, 2007 18:38

Hey, Mike, did you send me Trident mixes and a couple of Let it Bleed outtakes? I've lost one of 'em. If it was you, please let me know.

Thanks!

Scotty

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 20, 2007 20:56

Anita was up front at both Twickenham 2006 shows....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 20, 2007 21:43

Rockman Wrote:
> Anita was up front at both Twickenham 2006
> shows....

Yes, and looking better than I've seen in photos of her the last few years.

But Mickschix: I get the impression that doing the interview is a dream - not yet approved by Keith and Patti. Right?

Date: March 20, 2007 21:54

Scotty,

No it wasn't me who send you those. On another note, Getting a 1973 or 75 Marshall Tucker show, New Years Eve from San Fran. You can go hear it at: Wolfgangs Vault.com.
Need special software that a friend has that can record anything that comes out of your speaker.. Check it out!!

Toy and the boys were ON that night..

MLC

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 20, 2007 22:59

eeeexcuse me, buuuuuut "Keith, Patti and Life In Weston, Connecticut" this is typical celebrity homestory shit for housewifes, I mean who really cares? Im not a voyeur, Im into Stones music so I care a shit about how Keiths livingroom or cellar looks. funny how such boring housewife stuff can create 3 pages in this thread. I mean, Stones are Rock'n'Roll, and Rock'n'Roll is not about celebrity homestories "Keith, Patti and Life In Weston, Connecticut" for bored housewifes who buy all these celebrity magazines with papparazzi fotos!!! that surely not decent in case of Stones! and asking Keith and Patti about social life in Weston, I mean how low can it go??? without Keith, nobody outside of Weston would be interested in this town. you could ask Keith about the secret sex life of the sowbugs in the cellar rooms instead, it would make a much more exciting reading!!!! well thats my take on this "Keith, Patti and Life In Weston, Connecticut"bullshit!!!

Date: March 20, 2007 23:00

Many people gather points here.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home