Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 22
Re: ANGRY - official video
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 13:37

2 days: 10 million on YT

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 13:39 by 1962.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 8, 2023 13:49

Brenda has good weekend.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2023 14:58

matxil
maumau
I was refreshed too hearing Mick speak like that about his songwriting and the band output.

I wonder, though, if there is on earth an artist that would openly confess in a PR event to write trying to guess what the majority of the audience might like

The big question for me about Angry is: where is the "unmapped territory" that Mick is willing so bad to adventure in that the 'conservative' Keith can't tolerate, to the point they need years and in studio mediators to get an album finished.

At least this is how we hear the story through the grapevine

Is there an ounce of "experiment" in Angry? question both to Mick that talks about "trying different things" and Keith that gets angry with him and "his" trendy producers.

All this time and fuss and walls hit to get an "ok/good/great" Stones tune in Hyperstones' style.

Hypestones style that has been perfectly translated in pictures in the video with the band through the eras lipsynching the song

Preordered the record and looking forward to find out more

The sound and the chorus of Angry have a modern ring to it. The riff and the verses are more old-school Stones. Maybe that's the sort of compromise you're hinting at?

Maybe that is Matxil, and maybe that's where Andrew Watt has come in the picture

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:10

BFR
I can’t believe how many people are scandalized by this video on a Rolling Stones fan forum confused smiley The Stones are known for being overtly sexual in every way from their lyrics, to Mick’s on stage wardrobe and dance moves (to say nothing of his numerous sexual dalliances!!!), to the long line of women who have danced on stage and in their videos…everything about them is sexy! Hell, their emblem is a lascivious mouth with a lapping tongue!!

There is no nudity in the video, not even simulated sex! Just a scantily clad woman dancing by herself in a car. She looks sexy but anyone that’s ever seen Euphoria has seen a lot more of her body than is shown in this video. Sydney is a beautiful woman who is fully aware of her public image and has not only embraced it, but has become wildly popular for her provocative roles. Anyone who sees her as degraded or objectified is projecting.

Couldn't agree more, and very well said.

smileys with beer

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:19

BFR
I can’t believe how many people are scandalized by this video on a Rolling Stones fan forum confused smiley The Stones are known for being overtly sexual in every way from their lyrics, to Mick’s on stage wardrobe and dance moves (to say nothing of his numerous sexual dalliances!!!), to the long line of women who have danced on stage and in their videos…everything about them is sexy! Hell, their emblem is a lascivious mouth with a lapping tongue!!

There is no nudity in the video, not even simulated sex! Just a scantily clad woman dancing by herself in a car. She looks sexy but anyone that’s ever seen Euphoria has seen a lot more of her body than is shown in this video. Sydney is a beautiful woman who is fully aware of her public image and has not only embraced it, but has become wildly popular for her provocative roles. Anyone who sees her as degraded or objectified is projecting.

thumbs up

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:19

BFR

So very true, but let them moan. Probably think they are political correct and think they are «better» than the rest. They are a joke.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:43

VoodooLounge13
Still streaming!!! Been streaming alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day when not in a zoom meeting! Will go all night again too!!!!

Torture

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:45

bisonvodka

Brenda has good weekend.

Let's not forget Keiths fairy dust winking smiley

Hoping the next single is a more Keith style track, you know Keith @#$%& the Rock I'm more about the Roll, let's have some Roll baby smoking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:02

Bastion
VoodooLounge13
Still streaming!!! Been streaming alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day when not in a zoom meeting! Will go all night again too!!!!

Torture

I have my laptop sound turned off so I don't wear out my appreciation for the song while I bump the streams!!! Wish more were joining me in this endeavor for our boys!!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:54

How do I feel about the “hot chick” bit for the Angry video? So clichéd! Been there done that. So many times. So obsolete.

This is 2023. Not 1972. They are now seventy and eighty-something. I wish the boys moved on.

But that’s the Stones for you, after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 17:00 by RisingStone.

Date: September 8, 2023 17:01

RisingStone
How do I feel the “hot chick” bit for the Angry video? So clichéd! Been there done that. So many times. So obsolete.

This is 2023. Not 1972. They are now seventy and eighty-something. I wish the boys moved on.

But that’s the Stones for you, after all.

Not all their (potential) fans are, though smiling smiley

When that is said, this is the third time they've done the «girl in a car»-video in 20 years (Don't Stop, Ride 'Em On Down and Angry), and perhaps that's enough.

The billboards were awesome, though. They also had billboards with B&L-pics in the Ride 'Em on Down-video, btw smiling smiley

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: September 8, 2023 17:34

BFR

Thank-you BFR, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I guess this video and the various reactions brought to surface yet again a "new" kind of divide within populations and apparently also within the Stones fan community.

This divide may be a geographical issue or a generational one but most likely it is an intellectual one. On one hand you have the unbiased viewers, instinctively and consciously free thinkers, faithful to their core beliefs while keeping them immune from the constant external manipulation attempts. This fraction has no problem whatsoever with the "Angry" video, in fact they would love to see a lot more of this kind. On the other hand you have the, let's say "moulded generation" whose principles and priorities have been irreversibly polluted by overblown sexism issues, #metoo, diversity utopia and an ocean of fake morals so blue they can't even recognize its phoney existence. Representatives of this second group are indeed a nuisance, especially when they try to gain members from the first group using artificial arguments spiting human nature. At the same time I feel sorry for them, going insecurely through life asking themselves "Am I allowed to like this?", "Is it OK to laugh at this joke?", "What will my friends think if they see I am enjoying this?". Paradoxically do they keep standing in the way of their own pleasure and entertainment, building their own mental cell, even seeking comfort within. In the context of Rolling Stones music and in a room full of devoted fans, that attitude has the smell not only of betrayal but even worse so: of complete misunderstanding.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2023 17:59

Almost 11 million views as of this morning, trending #2 in 'music' (though I don't quite understand, #1 has 7.7 million after 2 days)

[www.youtube.com]

For whatever you think of the video or song, it is doing absolutely fantastically.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 8, 2023 18:59

TIRED
BFR

I guess this video and the various reactions brought to surface yet again a "new" kind of divide within populations and apparently also within the Stones fan community.

This divide may be a geographical issue or a generational one but most likely it is an intellectual one. On one hand you have the unbiased viewers, instinctively and consciously free thinkers, faithful to their core beliefs while keeping them immune from the constant external manipulation attempts. This fraction has no problem whatsoever with the "Angry" video, in fact they would love to see a lot more of this kind. On the other hand you have the, let's say "moulded generation" whose principles and priorities have been irreversibly polluted by overblown sexism issues, #metoo, diversity utopia and an ocean of fake morals so blue they can't even recognize its phoney existence. Representatives of this second group are indeed a nuisance, especially when they try to gain members from the first group using artificial arguments spiting human nature. At the same time I feel sorry for them, going insecurely through life asking themselves "Am I allowed to like this?", "Is it OK to laugh at this joke?", "What will my friends think if they see I am enjoying this?". Paradoxically do they keep standing in the way of their own pleasure and entertainment, building their own mental cell, even seeking comfort within. In the context of Rolling Stones music and in a room full of devoted fans, that attitude has the smell not only of betrayal but even worse so: of complete misunderstanding.

thumbs up Amazingly well-put, I say. Can I borrow your words for future discussions I might have with representatives of the "moulded generation"? winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2023 19:14

TIRED
BFR

Hey, I like you, like the video. But why in the ever-livin' F*CK would you make this political?

I'm frankly TIRED of this.

Re: ANGRY - new Stones single and video
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 8, 2023 19:21

Have any of you been to a concert or music festival lately and seen what people are wearing? Especially the girls?

It seems like the hot chick in the video is leering at The Stones rather than the other way around. It's only Rock N' Roll not a Poly-Sci class.

Geez...
Rock On or get off.
Better yet Rock On and Get Off.

Long Live The Rolling Stones.

Date: September 8, 2023 19:29

"How many people are scandalized?" very few, I would say, browsing this thread - some simply does not like so much the video, find it a bit tacky or a bit outdated, or, like myself, repetitive of something they've already done i.e. formulaic, not that creative.

Those who have articulated that kind of criticism that scandalize many here, have done so politely, imo.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: September 8, 2023 19:30

The video is great, very enjoyable with the sound off, I only play the music at the 2:00 minute mark ... the second half of the song.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2023 19:41

treaclefingers
TIRED
BFR

Hey, I like you, like the video. But why in the ever-livin' F*CK would you make this political?

I'm frankly TIRED of this.

There always are some Angry (sic) people who cannot resist spreading their political propaganda if there is a slightest excuse for that.

Besides, BFR's fine post is not political and do not support that kind of bullshit. Namely, what is said there about Ms. Sweeney is something, say, third-wave feminists would say as an example of empowered woman, owning her own sexuality. She can be as hot as she pleases.

Now, that's horrifying, huh? That the women are not to be defined solely by the way men view them? But to be agents and subjects of their own. (Sarcasm)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 19:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: September 8, 2023 19:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 15:48 by Dorn.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 8, 2023 20:13

TIRED
BFR

You seem to claim that you are 'unbiased' and 'true to your core beliefs' and anyone who disagrees with you is being 'manipulated'. That kind of thinking is how nations become divided. I disagree with you but I don't doubt your integrity.

Date: September 8, 2023 20:20

bakersfield
TIRED
BFR

You seem to claim that you are 'unbiased' and 'true to your core beliefs' and anyone who disagrees with you is being 'manipulated'. That kind of thinking is how nations become divided. I disagree with you but I don't doubt your integrity.

thumbs up

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 8, 2023 20:53

11 Million views on YouTube, what is everyone seeing on Spotify for number of streams? I see about 257K but it doesn't look like my desktop Spotify is updating so maybe it's way higher.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 21:01

Please, people, keep politics out of this. Everyone here has the right to express what they like and what they don't like about the video and how they would put it into context. Many have tried to do so respectfully. Others only see ideology. We can talk about this video without turning it into a stupid wokeness-debate, calling people names or questioning their ability to think for themselves.

If art is taken seriously and the artists stand behind their work, a civil discussion needs to be possible and bearable.

Posted by: gostonesforever ()
Date: September 8, 2023 21:01

Listen to The Rolling Stones - Angry - Played Backwards! And sounds pretty good as well :.)

Date: September 8, 2023 21:02

Jimmy C
11 Million views on YouTube, what is everyone seeing on Spotify for number of streams? I see about 257K but it doesn't look like my desktop Spotify is updating so maybe it's way higher.

I see 719k

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 8, 2023 21:10

Best song in more than forty years,and you are talkin about more Keithsounding songs?Bullshit as always from you.Did you not hear Keith in this song,than you have to be deaf.This is typically a Jagger/Richards song

Date: September 8, 2023 21:13

gostonesforever
Listen to The Rolling Stones - Angry - Played Backwards! And sounds pretty good as well :.)

genius

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 8, 2023 21:18

I appreciate your post, TIRED. I, too refuse to be shackled by the morality police. The Stones’ gritty, provocative and Devil-may-care attitude is what has always appealed to me. This video is a depiction of the joy and freedom I feel when I see their performances and hear their music.

If someone is off-put by a woman who is no doubt being paid handsomely and gaining even more star power by starring in this video, then that’s their own cross to bear. She wasn’t coerced or even needed any convincing, she by her own statements at the press conference this week, was thrilled and honored to be asked to do it. She’s the modern poster girl for an untold number of women who have been delighting in the greatest rock & roll rebels for over 60 years.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 8, 2023 21:21

maumau
Jimmy C

I see 719k

It is, so first full day with around 450k streams. Much lower than expected (you need 1m+ to be on top 200). So YT and iTunes is doing great but generation Z have not really picked it up. Also, their all time monthly listeners is not reached yet either, but probably will by tomorrow. But still millions behind likes of Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Queen, Elton John, AC/DC etc who all have had revivals in the last couple of years.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home