Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 138
Re: Hackney Diamonds - New Rolling Stones album due out soon!
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 2, 2023 08:09

does anyone remember that image steve jordan posted of himself with stevie wonder in the studio together when and where the stones where working in los angeles last year

with a caption that said something to the effect of "it was great playing with stevie wonder" or something like that

it's just that people bring up elton john, paul, ringo, and bill but never bring up stevie wonder

did i miss something that implied or proved he's not on the album?

frankly short of bill i'm much more excited to hear his contribution to the album then any of the others

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 2, 2023 08:25

found the image and caption from instagram nov 6, 2022

Just a couple of Steve’s in the studio. I first met and played with Stevie when I was 17 and he changed my life
It was so great to play with him again.

Let's salute the 40th Anniversary of "Superstition" as well.

Love you Stevie....

Angry - new Single https://youtu.be/hkyZMopTvLI?si=O9IqWC6B97SUjtdJ
Posted by: sotob ()
Date: September 2, 2023 02:36

Angry - new Single [youtu.be]

Re: Angry - new Single https://youtu.be/hkyZMopTvLI?si=O9IqWC6B97SUjtdJ
Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: September 2, 2023 04:30

I love the opening! Excited for Tuesday!!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 2, 2023 06:47

In the words of my best friend, when he heard this… “I’m angry I don’t get to hear the whole song”

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: September 2, 2023 08:14

I predict for thr new tour, it will open with Matt Clifford playing an opening fanfare on his horn, followed by reading the nights setlist based strictly on warhorses, except the opening track which will then obviously be “Dont get angry with me” as a nod to the hard core fanbase;-)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 2, 2023 09:14

RollingStoner
I love the opening! Excited for Tuesday!!

The announcement is Wednesday.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 2, 2023 09:19

sotob

There is a comment quoting the Superheavy song 'I Can't take It no more'. That was my first thought as soon as i heard this snippet.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 2, 2023 09:30

Topi
MAF
Who's on the drums on "Angry"?

Sounds like Jordan.

Yes, must be Jordan.

The swing, the groove, the beat, the feel...
That's not Charlie.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 2, 2023 09:38

GasLightStreet
kid killowatt
StonedRambler
I'll tell you a secret. In 2023 in popular music barely anybody records guitar through a real tube amp anymore. They're all just using amp simulation plugins. Since this is produced by Andrew Watt, it can very well be that the guitar is just going through some Guitar Rig preset...

Also, whoever played this - in modern pop productions everything gets time aligned (quantized) to the grid in Pro Tools. That could be why it's so super clean and exact timing wise.

You are right....but...somebody like i.e. Mike Campbell & his band The Dirty Knobs still record guitars in the studio through Fender valve amps with a mic in front of it......obviously the point of that is to get a more organic guitar sound.

Jason Isbell
Drive-By Truckers
The Cult
AC/DC
The Rolling Stones
U2
Pearl Jam

Probably quite a lot of other bands/artists that use valve(tube) amps. It's the best sound.

As I said, in popular music. The things that Andrew Watt usually does - Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, Post Malone, Justin Bieber

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 2, 2023 09:47

sotob

I like it! I like it!

Posted by: winos ()
Date: September 2, 2023 10:21

To quote Led Zeppelin "Rock n roll: It's been a long time since I rock and rolled...." just be thankful there's a new album coming after all those years!
Maybe we might get lucky and get some leftovers as well.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 2, 2023 11:52

Funny to read all these references this few second teaser inspires... People here so many things there...

Since I don't trust my own ears, I played the snippet to my old lady. She just laughed, and said 'if that doesn't sound like the Stones, nothing does!'. I translated that to mean pretty generic sounding piece.

But I like it, like it, yes I do.

- Doxa

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: September 2, 2023 11:54

Personally, hearing the intro I hope that the songs evolve a lot later in the song smiling smiley

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 2, 2023 12:04

ProfessorWolf
found the image and caption from instagram nov 6, 2022

Just a couple of Steve’s in the studio. I first met and played with Stevie when I was 17 and he changed my life
It was so great to play with him again.

Let's salute the 40th Anniversary of "Superstition" as well.

Love you Stevie....

I agree that some participation from Mr. Wonder on the new record would be pretty cool. Certainly wouldn't be the first time he's worked with the Stones.

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 2, 2023 12:27

tiffanyblu
Personally, hearing the intro I hope that the songs evolve a lot later in the song smiling smiley

Let's say, positively, that they have left a lot of room for that.. grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-02 12:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 2, 2023 12:59

sometimes it is hard to feel at home here.
fans that define sh*t stones songs of the recent past and devotees to the cult of sh*t fans that think differently
other fans proclamate awesome a 19 seconds snippet of a new song and feel annoyed by those not as in awe as them
uuuuuh

agree with Drew: don't get angry people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-02 13:01 by maumau.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: September 2, 2023 13:25

18 years of waiting and some statements by Jagger talking about a 'great album' created very high expectations.
Honestly, i didn't expect from this first snippet something more reminiscent of solo Jagger than the Stones.
I've listened to it on loop dozens of times and i keep hearing the Jagger of 'I Can't Take It No More' or a Primitive Cool outtake or Eazy Sleazy vibes.
That's the feeling I get...but I hope to be totally proven wrong when the single and album come out.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 2, 2023 13:40

HardRiffin
18 years of waiting and some statements by Jagger talking about a 'great album' created very high expectations.
Honestly, i didn't expect from this first snippet something more reminiscent of solo Jagger than the Stones.
I've listened to it on loop dozens of times and i keep hearing the Jagger of 'I Can't Take It No More' or a Primitive Cool outtake or Eazy Sleazy vibes.
That's the feeling I get...but I hope to be totally proven wrong when the single and album come out.

thumbs up .. I was thinking "Goddess in the doorway" outtake.....

Don't call me up
Don't tell me when something is beautiful
Don't tear me up (Wandering spirit)..
Don't get angry with me.......

...but it was only 19 seconds so we'll see......

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 2, 2023 13:43

Not a critique, just an observation: I think the snippet sounds very happy and "nice". For me personally the Stones were always about sounding dangerous and having a certain darkness in their music. So it's gonna be interesting if this continues to be the mood of the song and maybe the whole album (not that they didn't have happy sounding songs in the past, songs like "Don't Stop" come to mind)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-02 13:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 2, 2023 13:50

Lucky me! I happen to like Let´s Work, Sweet Thing (even Dirty Work) and two-chord anthems. Now he´s telling us not to be angry - cool. Too bad for others who expected interesting chord-structures, melodies and a bit of Lovin´Cup and Soul Survivor. If you go to the "School of Rock" in California, they will analyze JJF and GS - not this, and certainly not Losing My Touch and Thief In The Night. Have a wonderful Saturday! smiling smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 2, 2023 14:11

They're really teasing us, aren't they? 'Snippets' are usually 30-seconds in length on i-tunes, etc!

Date: September 2, 2023 14:17

There is a good broad range of opinions and viewpoints on this board, but there are some posts I can't help but feel go beyond the bounds, and if that is coupled with direct and personal insults, it's hard not to react negatively. But yes, anger has no place here, while the new music does, and I like it, and I can't wait to hear the full song, the finished album, and see how and where it settles in my listener's discography of the Stones. Like, it took years for B2B to sink in as a very special later-career album. So let's be diamond geezers...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 2, 2023 14:50

Big Al

They're really teasing us, aren't they? 'Snippets' are usually 30-seconds in length on i-tunes, etc!

Looks rather this 16-sec snippet is a "intended leak". Preview-snippets on Apple Music (former iTunes) are since many years 90 seconds long, while other online-stores still have 30 seconds only.

The website 'DontGetAngryWithMe.com' was btw registered on 23-Aug-2023 and is owned by Universal Music - [www.WhatsMyDNS.net] . So it's an "intended leak", similar to "bootlegging the bootleggers".

[www.YouTube.com] - the snippet was taken from the Universal Music website [DontGetAngryWithMe.com] . "New Music Fridays" - in this case it appeared first on 1-Sep-2023.

In the source code of the 'Angry' website is an ASCII graphics version of the Hackney Diamonds tongue logo - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] - (if you do a quote of the latter post then it's displayed correctly).

Another part of the source code, showing the dates:
www.dontgetangrywithme.com/#website"},"datePublished":"2023-08-29T22:52:49+00:00","dateModified":"2023-09-01T01:17:12+00:00","description":"HEAR A NEW ROLLING STONES TRACK · Tell us what you think","breadcrumb": .

The [DontGetAngryWithMe.com] website was officially posted by the Rolling Stones' social media on 2-Sep-2023 - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-03 01:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: September 2, 2023 14:55

No preorder for HD. Is this usual?

Date: September 2, 2023 15:00

Putty

Yes, it's usual since the album wasn't officially announced yet (will be Sept. 6th).

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 2, 2023 15:01

Putty
I guess after the announcement on Wendsday

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 2, 2023 15:02

Well, when they tour behind the new album, I hope they do live downloads soon after the gigs, like other bands are doing. I just downloaded Springsteen at Wrigley Field, and it sounds great: soundboard recording supposedly.

Date: September 2, 2023 15:06

dkwalika

I hope they do live downloads soon after the gigs

This would indeed require "a new Stones era" since they haven't this done until now. But probably they'll keep the things as they were.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 2, 2023 15:08

If it’s as good as Bridges to Babylon I will be overjoyed

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 138

This Thread has been closed

Previous page Next page First page IORR home