Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 13, 2019 21:30

Well clearly I was wrong about the Patriots. I guess this is why they're the GOAT. I think there were big implications for them either way. If they lost, I think it would look pretty bad for them and questionable of their future. If they win? I think they then have a shot at getting to the super bowl but not winning it.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 13, 2019 22:45

RollingFreak
Well clearly I was wrong about the Patriots. I guess this is why they're the GOAT. I think there were big implications for them either way. If they lost, I think it would look pretty bad for them and questionable of their future. If they win? I think they then have a shot at getting to the super bowl but not winning it.

So much for weekend of great games. They've all been 1 sided affairs for the most part. & things could get real ugly in NO. We shall see. I guess I'm going to have to root for KC on AFC side although their defense played well yesterday, I think they are highly suspect. Mahones does seem to play with a lot of joy & shows remarkable poise for his age. Kind of refreshing to a certain extent. Chargers, choke as usual.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 14, 2019 00:15

Looks like Aints are back sad smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 14, 2019 00:21

Well THIS is a @#$%& game.

Date: January 14, 2019 01:08

RollingFreak
Well THIS is a @#$%& game.

Finally!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 14, 2019 02:52

Oh, when the Saints...

Date: January 14, 2019 02:53

ironbelly
Looks like Aints are back sad smiley

they got really lucky. i've never seen jeffrey miss an easy shallow route catch like that. it looked like the eagles had the offense rolling too

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 14, 2019 03:05

Wow, interesting weekend.

Final odds from fivethirtyeight.com:

Saints 33%
Chiefs 31%
Patriots 19%
Rams 17%

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 14, 2019 11:42

keefriff99
Wow, interesting weekend.

Final odds from fivethirtyeight.com:

Saints 33%
Chiefs 31%
Patriots 19%
Rams 17%
Never tell me the odds! winking smiley

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 15, 2019 05:29

Mr. Jimi
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
Patriots look like complete garbage...Brady is looking like his tank is finally empty. One TD pass in four games.

he actually started to look like that a bit late last year but then the playoffs started and he got a week off
Yeah exactly. It's kinda foolish to second-guess Brady...he's defied expectations since 2014, but he's 41 now. I think it's very close to the end, and he's going to regret not retiring after his comeback against the Falcons.

Indeed. Its starting to crumble. I think, however, they may have a last gasp, perhaps they will make it to their 8th straight AFC championship game, but alas, this team will not win the big one. I'm changing my pick for the superbowl. . .

Saints 31
Chiefs 30

Well yes indeed i believe i predicted (well kinda) that the Pats would make it to their 8th straight conference championship game. Not sure they can pull off the upset in KC but oh man when everyone picks against the Pats in a big game, thats when you put your money on them. We'll see what happens . . .

Date: January 15, 2019 15:35

Mr. Jimi
Mr. Jimi
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
Patriots look like complete garbage...Brady is looking like his tank is finally empty. One TD pass in four games.

he actually started to look like that a bit late last year but then the playoffs started and he got a week off
Yeah exactly. It's kinda foolish to second-guess Brady...he's defied expectations since 2014, but he's 41 now. I think it's very close to the end, and he's going to regret not retiring after his comeback against the Falcons.

Indeed. Its starting to crumble. I think, however, they may have a last gasp, perhaps they will make it to their 8th straight AFC championship game, but alas, this team will not win the big one. I'm changing my pick for the superbowl. . .

Saints 31
Chiefs 30

Well yes indeed i believe i predicted (well kinda) that the Pats would make it to their 8th straight conference championship game. Not sure they can pull off the upset in KC but oh man when everyone picks against the Pats in a big game, thats when you put your money on them. We'll see what happens . . .
I'm kinda done with underestimating the Pats at this point. I certainly agree that the odds of them winning it all this year are low, but I also wouldn't be totally shocked if they did.

I've been pessimistic on them all year (most of it justified) but they're right where they always are at this point in the year. We will almost certainly NEVER see a run like this in the NFL again in our lifetime.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 15, 2019 18:50

Quote:

Well yes indeed i believe i predicted (well kinda) that the Pats would make it to their 8th straight conference championship game. Not sure they can pull off the upset in KC but oh man when everyone picks against the Pats in a big game, thats when you put your money on them. We'll see what happens . . .[/quote]
I'm kinda done with underestimating the Pats at this point. I certainly agree that the odds of them winning it all this year are low, but I also wouldn't be totally shocked if they did.

I've been pessimistic on them all year (most of it justified) but they're right where they always are at this point in the year. We will almost certainly NEVER see a run like this in the NFL again in our lifetime.[/quote]

(Virgil)
I also have been pessimistic about the Pats they win the games they should lose and lose the games they should win. Brady looked awesome Sunday against the best road team in the league with two of the best pass rushers. For them to take a team of the chargers caliber to the woodshed like that is testament to the coaching staff and the team buying into their system of game planning different for every team.

Even if Brady only plays good next year the Pats have 12 draft picks coming this year they will get some good mileage out of that for restocking. Here they come again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-15 18:53 by virgil.

Date: January 15, 2019 20:01

my annual the saints are cheaters post that will be followed by me being told there was no proof. so Williams testimony and a tapes conversation that the audio was released exist for what reason? if Williams was innocent certainly no way he would testify talking about shutting something down if it never existed

On April 5, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon released audio of a meeting Williams held with his defense before their 2012 divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. In a profanity-laced speech, Williams instructed his defense to target several 49ers players. He ordered his men to try to knock out running back Kendall Hunter, even if it meant hitting him out of bounds. He specifically directed them to try to tear wide receiver Michael Crabtree's ACL, and to go after wide receiver Kyle Williams specifically because he had a history of concussions. Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on the media's effect on football from Pee-Wee all the way to the NFL, released the audio to Yahoo! Sports because he was sickened by what he heard.[25]

On December 12, the Associated Press reported that, according to a transcript of the bounty appeal hearing, Williams had testified that he had wanted to shut down the system after the league began investigating, but was overruled by Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt.[26] Vitt, however, denied the claims.[27]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2019 16:53

keefriffhard4life
my annual the saints are cheaters post that will be followed by me being told there was no proof. so Williams testimony and a tapes conversation that the audio was released exist for what reason? if Williams was innocent certainly no way he would testify talking about shutting something down if it never existed

On April 5, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon released audio of a meeting Williams held with his defense before their 2012 divisional playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers. In a profanity-laced speech, Williams instructed his defense to target several 49ers players. He ordered his men to try to knock out running back Kendall Hunter, even if it meant hitting him out of bounds. He specifically directed them to try to tear wide receiver Michael Crabtree's ACL, and to go after wide receiver Kyle Williams specifically because he had a history of concussions. Pamphilon, who was doing a documentary on the media's effect on football from Pee-Wee all the way to the NFL, released the audio to Yahoo! Sports because he was sickened by what he heard.[25]

On December 12, the Associated Press reported that, according to a transcript of the bounty appeal hearing, Williams had testified that he had wanted to shut down the system after the league began investigating, but was overruled by Saints linebackers coach Joe Vitt.[26] Vitt, however, denied the claims.[27]

It's 2019, not 2012. Get over it.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 17:02

NFL is rigged

Date: January 16, 2019 18:01

stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

well my team the jets hired the guy for years now I've been saying shouldn't have a job in the nfl anymore

Date: January 16, 2019 18:52

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

well my team the jets hired the guy for years now I've been saying shouldn't have a job in the nfl anymore
I kinda feel bad making fun of him over his googly-eyed press conference, but that was WEIRD. People are speculating about a medical issue or prescription drugs, but I don't know...

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 16, 2019 19:20

Don't know what to do here.
Rams getting 3.5 @Saints
Belichik & Brady getting 3 @Chiefs

Date: January 16, 2019 20:13

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

I kinda feel bad making fun of him over his googly-eyed press conference, but that was WEIRD. People are speculating about a medical issue or prescription drugs, but I don't know...

I was talking about our new defensive guru not the head coach

Date: January 16, 2019 23:00

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

AHH, THE IRONY IS DELICIOUS! grinning smiley

Date: January 17, 2019 02:13

crholmstrom
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

LOL, what's that now? I'm seriously not getting your point.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:28

More ‘Controversy’. I skipped over it. It’s not personal, per say.
I coulda told y’all the Patriots had Lady Luck shining down
When they staked the Stone’s tongue on the screen, cheerleaders in the tees, back in November. ;-)
I’m a sap and think it’d be special if the Patriots won this last trophy,
And everyone goes home to bed. Retire all together. .02 cents from the weird gallary.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 17, 2019 02:35

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

I was talking about our new defensive guru not the head coach

I was hoping you weren’t making fun of Bill Belichick.

Date: January 17, 2019 02:37

35love
More ‘Controversy’. I skipped over it. It’s not personal, per say.
I coulda told y’all the Patriots had Lady Luck shining down
When they staked the Stone’s tongue on the screen, cheerleaders in the tees, back in November. ;-)
I’m a sap and think it’d be special if the Patriots won this last trophy,
And everyone goes home to bed. Retire all together. .02 cents from the weird gallary.

Nah. Brady has enough.

It's time for Brees to get his second - and very likely last - Super Bowl. His time is running out fast.

Date: January 17, 2019 09:03

keefriff99
crholmstrom
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

LOL, what's that now? I'm seriously not getting your point.

Sorry, I put it on the wrong post! I was sneak posting at work. I will fix now, haha.

Date: January 17, 2019 09:04

keefriffhard4life
stickyfingers101
NFL is rigged

Ahhhhhh.....the irony is delicious! winking smiley grinning smiley smileys with beer

Date: January 17, 2019 18:46

It's funny how the talk was about the Chargers going to the SB and how good they were, while NE was spiraling down... yet the Chargers merely showed up against NE and got shownt - you're still the Chargers.

Watch NE collapse in KC.

Date: January 17, 2019 18:58

GasLightStreet
It's funny how the talk was about the Chargers going to the SB and how good they were, while NE was spiraling down... yet the Chargers merely showed up against NE and got shownt - you're still the Chargers.

Watch NE collapse in KC.

Yup...but, only b/c the Pats don't have an illegal audio/video taping system in Arrowhead like they do in Foxboro....in other words, it's harder for them to cheat on the road.

they also won't have a ref that just happens to sit on the Board of Directors for the company that was Project Manager for Gillette Stadium (aka Foxboro)....and he just happens to be the ref that bro-hugged Brady BEFORE the Chargers game.

I'm not making this up: Ref = Ron Torbert; Company = Barton Marlow

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.bartonmalow.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: January 17, 2019 18:58

GasLightStreet

Watch NE collapse in KC.

well to be honest no reason the team with the 2nd best record in the AFC had to fly from the west coast to the east coast 2 weeks in a row. that's the issue with the NFL's playoff system

Date: January 17, 2019 19:23

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Watch NE collapse in KC.

well to be honest no reason the team with the 2nd best record in the AFC had to fly from the west coast to the east coast 2 weeks in a row. that's the issue with the NFL's playoff system

that's b/c the NFL isn't about "fairness." It isn't even about "competition."

Hell, it isn't even registered as a "sport" (it's registered as "entertainment")

it's all about profit...the Chargers play in a stadium that high-schoolers in Texas would mock....KC is the marketable team in their division already....Cheatriots are far more marketable than basically any other team (which is why they have 4 creampuffs in their division even though Buffalo is clearly in the NORTH and Baltimore is clearly in the EAST) and Chargers are the 2nd team in LA....nobody wants "LA vs. LA" in the StupidBowl.

NFL is so rigged. I just wish I was in on it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home