Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2019 20:14

Mr. Jimi
GasLightStreet
2006-2014 - NINE YEARS the Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl. Yet a lot of people say they "always win".

The last 4 Super Bowls they've won 2. They won 2 in a row in 2004 and '005, and the first Brady one was in 2002.

That's not exactly dominating regarding they "always win", now, huh.

Still, they've been 7 times since 2002, hence, they "always win".

Kinda seems like they'll win their 6th, and possibly last with Brady, but the way things go these days, ha ha...

OMG. This is embarrassing. Really? You are really reaching. Yes they have dominated, its just a fact, just compare their record with other teams from 2001 to 2018 (regular season and playoffs) I mean c'mon man.

In Brady's 1st decade 2001-2010 they went to the superbowl 4 times. Thats 40% of the seasons during that decade the Pats are in the superbowl. Next 8 years 2011 through 2018 they have been in the superbowl 5 times (including this year). That's 63% the Pats have been in the superbowl in the last 8 years. They will be in their 9th superbowl in 18 years. Dude, that's 50% of the last 18 years, the pats have been in the superbowl. What are we talking about here.

Any other team come close? I mean during this stretch all the big games, c'mon man, be a football fan and not just a pats hater; its unbecoming.

At least you are not writing the crap Winning Ugly VXII is writing. Something about great teams don't need an offsides call. Man, WTH. does that guy watch any football? Its a game of inches, and is there luck? Sure is, every champion has luck on their side in every sport, c'mon man

You misunderstood my point. I'm not hating on the Patriots, just that when people say "they always win" it's simply not true. OTHER teams have won in the time span. I know they have dominated, with the most times in a Super Bowl of any team, with Brady, as well as overall.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 28, 2019 22:34

Is the NFL pro bowl the biggest waste of time in sports? I watched it for 30 seconds then turned it off. Is there any way to make the game relevant?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 29, 2019 00:02

The Rams are very nervous. I'm not sure this energy works in their favor. Gurley was inept vs Saints(whom should be in the Scool smiley Still, the Rams have the better team and although strange in school of any thought let's bet with our hearts and pull for the Rams. Also, The Rams need to shed any yellow colors- even from a psychological standpoint.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 29, 2019 04:00

The Sicilian
Is the NFL pro bowl the biggest waste of time in sports? I watched it for 30 seconds then turned it off. Is there any way to make the game relevant?

Absolutely painful to watch, it’s flag football for God sake.

Date: January 30, 2019 15:59

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
the cowboys went 5-1 in maybe the worst division in football this year. they went 5-5 against the rest of the league. the eagles went 4-2 against the same crap division and again 5-5 against the rest of the nfl. those are bad examples. the KC/Chargers example is at least better. KC went 5-1 in the division and and 7-3 against the rest of the nfl. thing is it was wins against the browns, cardinals, bengals, 49ers so 4 of those wins were against terrible teams. the chargers 4-2 against the division. 8-2 against the rest of the nfl. some of those wins were the browns, bills, bengals, arizona and 49ers. on paper imo the chargers have the more impressive wins but they were the wild card team

The NFC East WAS NOT the "worst division in football". Not by far. The AFC East was. As usual.

NFC East,like I said,2 teams in the final 8. Even Washington was decent before half of their team was injured. The worst team in the division (the Giants) could still beat one of the best in the entire AFC (the Texans).

It's a great example. If having some bad teams in a division meant that 2 other teams should reach the final 8,then the AFC East should ALSO have 2 teams in the final 8 every year. Think about it.

I can think of 2 times during the past 15 + years that has happened for the AFC East.

Every NFL team is going to have games against non-playoff teams. It is just a mathematical fact. 20 out of 32 teams don't reach the play-offs.

The afc east is not usually the worst. You pointed it out though. The winner of the nfc east only had to win 10 games. Some years the nfc east winner only wins 9 games

Buffalo hasn't won 10 games in TWO DECADES !!!!!

By the standard of the past decade and a half,winning 9 or 10 games is a stand-out season for three quarters of the AFC East (Buffalo,Jets,Miami).

2 AFC East teams HAVE NOT made it past the first (Wild Card) round of the play-offs since THE YEAR 2000 .... January of 2001 ..... Miami and Buffalo .... half of the division.

2009-2011 Jets making it that far only 2 times.

2002-2005 Jets making it past the Wild Card round 2 times.

How consistently bad can they be over such a long period of time??

Date: January 30, 2019 20:16

Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
the cowboys went 5-1 in maybe the worst division in football this year. they went 5-5 against the rest of the league. the eagles went 4-2 against the same crap division and again 5-5 against the rest of the nfl. those are bad examples. the KC/Chargers example is at least better. KC went 5-1 in the division and and 7-3 against the rest of the nfl. thing is it was wins against the browns, cardinals, bengals, 49ers so 4 of those wins were against terrible teams. the chargers 4-2 against the division. 8-2 against the rest of the nfl. some of those wins were the browns, bills, bengals, arizona and 49ers. on paper imo the chargers have the more impressive wins but they were the wild card team

The NFC East WAS NOT the "worst division in football". Not by far. The AFC East was. As usual.

NFC East,like I said,2 teams in the final 8. Even Washington was decent before half of their team was injured. The worst team in the division (the Giants) could still beat one of the best in the entire AFC (the Texans).

It's a great example. If having some bad teams in a division meant that 2 other teams should reach the final 8,then the AFC East should ALSO have 2 teams in the final 8 every year. Think about it.

I can think of 2 times during the past 15 + years that has happened for the AFC East.

Every NFL team is going to have games against non-playoff teams. It is just a mathematical fact. 20 out of 32 teams don't reach the play-offs.

The afc east is not usually the worst. You pointed it out though. The winner of the nfc east only had to win 10 games. Some years the nfc east winner only wins 9 games

By the standard of the past decade and a half,winning 9 or 10 games is a stand-out season for three quarters of the AFC East (Buffalo,Jets,Miami).

2 AFC East teams HAVE NOT made it past the first (Wild Card) round of the play-offs since THE YEAR 2000 .... January of 2001 ..... Miami and Buffalo .... half of the division.

no the point was the nfc east is usually the only one where 10 wins is good enough for first place. no can the jest or bills or whoever do it. we know they would need probably 12 wins in order to win the afc east. the nfc east is always a 10 win will get your first place

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 30, 2019 22:17

I'm keeping quiet on this as I don't care for either team for different reasons. I drove by the new stadium in Vegas. It is going up fast. It's right behind Mandalay Bay on the other side of the freeway.

Date: January 31, 2019 12:24

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life

no the point was the nfc east is usually the only one where 10 wins is good enough for first place. no can the jest or bills or whoever do it. we know they would need probably 12 wins in order to win the afc east. the nfc east is always a 10 win will get your first place

Yes. The point was that teams in the NFC East can actually win 10 games.

You mock the NFC East for teams that win 10 games but,THREE QUARTERS of the AFC East can't do it (win 10 games) with decades worth of chances.

It's as simple as that.

The AFC East is the worst if really only one team can win any games since the '90's.

One team winning 12 or 13 games does not make the division better if every other team in the division is garbage.

Date: February 2, 2019 04:54

Without a doubt the Patriots are the dogs. They are hated by loads of folks across the USA because the Patriots BEAT their teams. If they lose, the mainstream media and the rest of the non-believers will gloat. Let's face it: the Patriots have excellent discipline (cue Tom Brady) and an excellent leader (cue Tom Brady and Bill Belichick). The other teams may be great but they are not as serious. I admire any team or anyone who has the resolve to be successful. The good news is that Brady feeds off this. We will win this game as a result and tie the Steelers once and for all. It's lonely at the top, boys, but doesn't it feel great?!?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: February 2, 2019 05:02

Anyone who suggests that the Patriots got this far because of an easy schedule is quite deluded. After all, the Patriots will have the most difficult schedule as a result of making it to the Super Bowl last year. Sure, playing the Bills is like playing your sister. And even though the Jets kind of suck, they effin' hate the Patriots and that team gears up to put on their best front against the hated Patriots. Ditto for the Dolphins who were actually a great team...and they almost always have been a great team. Shula and his arrogance helped corrode the integrity of that club. The Patriots played and BEAT this year during the regular season the Saints, the Chiefs, and the Bears. Nothing easy about that... The Patriots are winning the Super Bowl and you heard it here first. I just hope that the Patriots don't completely blow them out.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: February 2, 2019 16:23

Anyone who thinks the Dolphins are a great team during the last 15 seasons is VERY deluded.

The FACT is (as I posted earlier) Miami has really struggled for the past 15 seasons. 12 out of the past 15 years unable to finish above 8-8. 11-5 once (2008 / 2009 season). 10-6 once (2016 / 2017 season). 9-7 once (2005 / 2006 season).

12 out of 15 years either mediocre or bad.

And the NFL schedule is a predetermined rotation for 14 out of the 16 games. Only 2 games are determined by the prior year's record.

Also,it has NOTHING to do with the Super Bowl. Those 2 games are based off of the prior year's regular season standings.Next year's opponents were set as soon as the regular season ended.They just need to set the dates as they do every spring before the draft.The opponents are already set.

I am not saying that the Patriots got this far necessarily because of their schedule this year.

The Patriots got this far this year because the Kansas City defensive lineman lined-up offsides,wiping out an interception that would have put Kansas City in the Super Bowl.

The point that I am making with the AFC East division,is that over the course of this 18 year run,the Patriots have not had much competition for the division championship. which means that they rarely have to go on the road in the playoffs. And by winning the division every year,it means that they only have to win 2 games in the playoffs to reach the Super Bowl. At least 1 of them at home,usually both of them at home.

Never in this 18 year run have they had to go in as a wild card team. Which would require 3 playoff victories to even reach the Super Bowl. In that scenario at least 2 of those 3 playoff games would be on the road.Most likely all 3 would be on the road unless the AFC Championship game were between both of the 2 wild card teams.

Date: February 2, 2019 21:18

Drew Brees on the idiot, I mean, the commissioner. And about how they didn't do what they could've done to win regardless of the non-call.

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 2, 2019 21:50

Winning Ugly VXII
I am not saying that the Patriots got this far necessarily because of their schedule this year.

The Patriots got this far this year because the Kansas City defensive lineman lined-up offsides,wiping out an interception that would have put Kansas City in the Super Bowl.
I'm a Patriots fan, but THIS should be the ONLY topic of conversation.

He LOST THE GAME at that moment, but got bailed out on an unrelated penalty. It was deserved and it was the right call, but the Patriots lucked out incredibly at the right time.

Sure, he was great in overtime, but they don't get there without that off-sides call, and Brady has a 3 INT game. Everybody keeps trying to sweep that under the rug to proclaim how great he still is. Bottom line is he was super-shaky all year, but had moments of brilliance when it counted.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:33

I just don't see it. You make some good points about the AFC East, especially the Bills. Miami has New England's number when the Pats play them at Joe Robbie. The Pats just don't beat the Dolphins often. The impressive thing about the Patriots two defeats of the KC Chiefs was the last one, which was played in a very hostile and loud Arrowhead Stadium. I just don't see the Pats losing here...I could be wrong because anything's possible. Good discussion. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Here's the skinny on what happened to the Pats this year: we lost to teams with less than .500 records (exception to Pittsburgh which was actually a good time this year I thought), but we did win against teams like this: Saints, Bears, and the Chiefs in the regular season.

What is everybody eating for tomorrow? I'm going for two lobster rolls with sweet potato fries and mayonnaise. Maybe I'll have a soda but I stay away from those things mostly because they're so bad for you.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

"If that guy doesn't cool it, then..."
Keith Richards at Altamont.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 02:49 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:36

A penalty is a penalty. Its seems silly to say "Oh, if it weren't for this and that, then ... would have occurred. I'm not talking about things like the blown Saints-Rams d.p.i. that wasn't called--that's totally different because they were missed and they clearly showed that the outcome would have 100% been different. The win at Arrowhead was impressive even though it was close. KC was at home. They should have won that game. Go Patriots!

P.S. Don't even get me started on the blown call in the December 1976 playoff game against the Raiders. It was shown that Hamilton never touched the Raider player. The Snake went in for the touchdown with eight seconds left and won the game.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-03 02:41 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:52

charlesbaudelaire
I just don't see it. You make some good points about the AFC East, especially the Bills. Miami has New England's number when the Pats play them at Joe Robbie. The Pats just don't beat the Dolphins often. The impressive thing about the Patriots two defeats of the KC Chiefs was the last one, which was played in a very hostile and loud Arrowhead Stadium. I just don't see the Pats losing here...I could be wrong because anything's possible. Good discussion. Looking forward to tomorrow's game.

Here's the skinny on what happened to the Pats this year: we lost to teams with less than .500 records (exception to Pittsburgh which was actually a good time this year I thought), but we did win against teams like this: Saints, Bears, and the Chiefs in the regular season.

What is everybody eating for tomorrow? I'm going for two lobster rolls with sweet potato fries and mayonnaise. Maybe I'll have a soda but I stay away from those things mostly because they're so bad for you.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I have no idea. I'm not sure if I'm watching the game - I'll actually be busy doing something that keeps me away from a TV. There are 2010 Super Bowl video parties going on around the area instead of watching Super Bowl LIE, as it's being called here in Louisiana. If I get finished in time I may end up at one.

Date: February 3, 2019 03:11

charlesbaudelaire
A penalty is a penalty. Its seems silly to say "Oh, if it weren't for this and that, then ... would have occurred. I'm not talking about things like the blown Saints-Rams d.p.i. that wasn't called--that's totally different because they were missed and they clearly showed that the outcome would have 100% been different. The win at Arrowhead was impressive even though it was close. KC was at home. They should have won that game. Go Patriots!

P.S. Don't even get me started on the blown call in the December 1976 playoff game against the Raiders. It was shown that Hamilton never touched the Raider player. The Snake went in for the touchdown with eight seconds left and won the game.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869
No, I get all that...I'm simply saying that the people who say Brady is also the LOAT (luckiest of all time) HAVE a point after that game.

Only Brady would throw his third (and game-ending) interception of the game and have it overturned on a penalty. Again, it was a blatant penalty and it deserved to be called, but that had nothing to do with Brady's bad throw.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2019 03:12

charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I'm in a world of hurt (arthritis with a side of intense back pain) so don't have much of an appetite. i've got some good leftover pizza & chicken wings to get me through.

Date: February 3, 2019 03:16

Probably gonna grab a big sausage parmigiana grinder and an order of mozzarella sticks from one of my favorite pizza restaurants. Maybe some wings too...

Hey, I'm going to the gym tomorrow, I deserve it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2019 05:07

My wife is intent on making her "famous" spinach artichoke dip (ugh), while I'm going to BBQ a massive side of beef.winking smiley

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: February 3, 2019 07:30

Deviled Eggs are a must.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 3, 2019 13:07

They will make a movie of this Super Bowl:

The Silence of the Rams

All jokes aside, I do not know have a feel for this game - those L.A. DTs better put pressure on Brady.

Date: February 3, 2019 14:24

charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Not to extend the argument but,the Patriots did not play the Saints this year. That game was near the beginning of the 2017 season.

No AFC team will ever play both the Saints and the Bears in the same season unless one of them is in the Super Bowl ..... or unless the rotating schedule formula is changed.

Teams play all of the teams in ONE division from the opposite conference. This year,the NFC teams that New Englnd played were Green Bay,the Chicago Bears,the Minnesota Vikings, and the Detroit Lions. The NFC North division.

And Miami usually beats New England in Miami but,still almost never contends for the division championship ..... 15 years running. One exception was the year Brady went down with an injury.

Date: February 3, 2019 14:57

Winning Ugly VXII
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Not to extend the argument but,the Patriots did not play the Saints this year. That game was near the beginning of the 2017 season.

No AFC team will ever play both the Saints and the Bears in the same season unless one of them is in the Super Bowl ..... or unless the rotating schedule formula is changed.

Teams play all of the teams in ONE division from the opposite conference. This year,the NFC teams that New Englnd played were Green Bay,the Chicago Bears,the Minnesota Vikings, and the Detroit Lions. The NFC North division.

And Miami usually beats New England in Miami but,still almost never contends for the division championship ..... 15 years running. One exception was the year Brady went down with an injury.

the 2 randoms are always AFC teams if you play in the AFC and NFC if you play in the NFC?

Date: February 3, 2019 15:02

GasLightStreet
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I have no idea. I'm not sure if I'm watching the game - I'll actually be busy doing something that keeps me away from a TV. There are 2010 Super Bowl video parties going on around the area instead of watching Super Bowl LIE, as it's being called here in Louisiana. If I get finished in time I may end up at one.

1 how is the SB this year a lie? unless the rams have paid off refs or something they played the game the way it was called on the field and won

2 didn't you say the saints fans are gracious losers? a lot of the team is still whining about the bad call and by your post the entire state of Louisiana appears to be whining still by showing replays of a 9 year old game

3 saints fans appear to care more about a blown call than their DC testifying in under oath that players were paid to try and hurt other players. whatever reason Williams said this under oath, save his own skin, get his job back, blame someone else, etc he still said it so as far as the free world cares it happened

Date: February 3, 2019 17:26

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

1 how is the SB this year a lie? unless the rams have paid off refs or something they played the game the way it was called on the field and won

2 didn't you say the saints fans are gracious losers? a lot of the team is still whining about the bad call and by your post the entire state of Louisiana appears to be whining still by showing replays of a 9 year old game

3 saints fans appear to care more about a blown call than their DC testifying in under oath that players were paid to try and hurt other players. whatever reason Williams said this under oath, save his own skin, get his job back, blame someone else, etc he still said it so as far as the free world cares it happened

You know zero about Louisiana. Keep it going, you're at an extremely high level.

Date: February 3, 2019 17:33

They are sore losers and whiners. They didn’t care about the bad calls in the Vikings vs saints nfc champion game that favored them and helped them win but now they are up in arms over this. Don’t make me post the espn crew showing you 5 missed or bad calls from that game that helped the saints each time

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 3, 2019 18:04

Rams 31 Pats 28

Date: February 3, 2019 18:23

Ket
Rams 31 Pats 28

even if it was pats 31 rams 28 I'd be happy. I just want a good game. the NFL and college playoffs have been mostly blowouts

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 3, 2019 18:26

The key is to rush Brady form the inside he hates that rush pressure that's how the NY Giants beat Brady in those two superbowls. The rams have a great pass rush and the best defensive player in the league in aaron donald

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home