Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:13

Could this finally be the year Chargers win Super Bowl?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 3, 2018 15:26

Chris Fountain
They're definitely a team a lot of people are sleeping on...I think the ranking of AFC contenders looks like this right now:

Chiefs
Chargers
Patriots
Steelers

The Chiefs took a step back with Kareem Hunt being released, but they're still #1.

Chargers/Patriots are almost interchangeable but I give them an edge because the Pats' offense still isn't 100% clicking for some reason.

Steelers are talented but sloppy and erratic.

The playoffs look like a real tossup at this point.

Date: December 3, 2018 15:31

keefriff99
Chris Fountain
They're definitely a team a lot of people are sleeping on...I think the ranking of AFC contenders looks like this right now:

Chiefs
Chargers
Patriots
Steelers

The Chiefs took a step back with Kareem Hunt being released, but they're still #1.

Chargers/Patriots are almost interchangeable but I give them an edge because the Pats' offense still isn't 100% clicking for some reason.

If you have Pittsburgh in this group, I'd also mention Houston. Both of them are a bit erratic; and I'd actually place the Patriots with that sub-group, not with Chiefs, Chargers. There is something not right with Pats this year. Maybe this is the year that the magic is over for Brady/ Belichik.

Date: December 3, 2018 15:51

Palace Revolution 2000 post CF response:

Houston or Deshawn Watson are improving every game played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-03 15:57 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 3, 2018 15:57

Palace Revolution 2000
keefriff99
Chris Fountain

Chiefs
Chargers
Patriots
Steelers

If you have Pittsburgh in this group, I'd also mention Houston. Both of them are a bit erratic; and I'd actually place the Patriots with that sub-group, not with Chiefs, Chargers. There is something not right with Pats this year. Maybe this is the year that the magic is over for Brady/ Belichik.
Very good point. Forgot about the Texans.

The Patriots appear to not be as good as their record indicates. Brady is having a strange season...he's had a real TD drought, his INTs are way up, but he's still managing the game adequately. Gronk looks slow and ready to retire, and Edelman and Gordon haven't contributed as much as I thought they would, although both have had their moments.

I agree with you...it's Chiefs/Chargers as the toast of the conference, with the other three potentially able to spoil their fun.

For some reason no one ever talks about the Chargers. They have a weird fanbase being historically from San Diego, and then moving to LA where it appears no one wants them.

Date: December 3, 2018 16:44

brady looks close to his age finally

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 3, 2018 16:49

[quote="Palace Revolution 2000

I'd actually place the Patriots with that sub-group, not with Chiefs, Chargers. There is something not right with Pats this year. Maybe this is the year that the magic is over for Brady/ Belichik.[/quote]

As a Pats fan I agree you could be right. On the other hand how many times have we heard this argument over the past 5 or 6 years. A 9 and 3 record is pretty good considering the weapons they have been missing and now there are starting to come together. Only 1 turnover in the last 5 games , great pass rush against the Vikes. They have beaten the Chiefs, Texans, Bears on the road, Greenbay.

I would not doubt the Pats getting bumped early in the playoffs but also would not be surprised if they stumbled into the SB. How many times have they out smarted or out coached a more talented team or a more talented team getting poopy pants and out smarting themselves with stupid coaching mistakes and penalties.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 3, 2018 17:29

Pats aren't great this year but a bad Pats team in this day and age is still better than like 75% of the league. They still win games and they are still on the lower tier of locks for the playoffs. This isn't a Super Bowl year for them but they'll get close, as they have most of the last 20 years. Team's not great this year but they've done fairly well all things considered and while I agree Brady is maybe starting to actually look his age, he's still phenomenal. Breaking whatever record he did yesterday for QB rushing, you KNEW he was aware of it. He knows how awesome he is. Which is annoying but also when you're that great, you might as well bask in it. He's kept a middling team going this year.

And thats all coming from a non-Pats fan. I don't know if that team and the Brady/Belichik magic will ever fade. I think its just gonna stop. Whenever one of them (Brady) feels like retiring it'll just happen, I really don't think you'll see a steep decline.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2018 19:22

Chris Fountain

Uh, no, seeing that the Super Bowl this year was in February...

Date: December 7, 2018 19:55

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

Thanks! my mistake and apologies to all in this thread- I should have said football season as opposed to year. Great Catch!!!

Date: December 7, 2018 22:36

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

Thanks! my mistake and apologies to all in this thread- I should have said football season as opposed to year. Great Catch!!!

Always make sure to dot your Ts and... whatever that saying is.

Date: December 8, 2018 15:19

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain

Always make sure to dot your Ts and... whatever that saying is.

Ok - back to the playoff situation! No more silly discussions smiling smiley

Date: December 8, 2018 21:11

RollingFreak
crholmstrom
The Cowpies beat the Saints. That was some ugly football. Really dislike the Cowpies intensely. sad smiley

The Cowboys didn't win that game, the Saints lost that game.

They sure did.

I read on sbnation.com just how the Cows could beat the Saints - and it's exactly what happened. Saints played as if Led Miles was calling the plays.

It doesn't matter how good a team is, there will always be stumbles. Even the 17-0 Miami Dolphins had some stumbles considering their record - a 16-14 win over the Vikings, a 24-23 win over the Bills, 28-24 win over the Jets.

Date: December 9, 2018 01:00

Its been a weird season. Lots of unexpected games. Many due to bad playing than actually rising to the occasion. It just seems like there's very few "good" teams this year and a lot of sucky or middling ones that are gonna get lucky. Some of those divisions are just complete trash, possibly minus one team of the four.

Date: December 10, 2018 01:47

I see the Cowboys are looking to, yet again, try their hardest to lose a game. Curious if they pull it out and if they do its completely out of luck.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 10, 2018 08:31

They say Defense wins championships! Bears totally shut down LA tonight, only 6 points! Almost felt like I was watching the 85 Bears again.

Also, what a last second win by Miami over New England!

Bear Down Chicago Bears.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 10, 2018 13:38

For me, tonight is huge. GO SEAHAWKS!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: December 10, 2018 13:44

After years of totally futility my Browns have found a franchise quarterback(Baker Mayfield) and are showing signs of life---GO BROWNS!

Date: December 10, 2018 14:20

crholmstrom
For me, tonight is huge. GO SEAHAWKS!

Well we got them in Seattle.

Carolina found another way to lose. Who is their coach? Santa Claus?

Date: December 10, 2018 14:36

RollingFreak
Pats aren't great this year but a bad Pats team in this day and age is still better than like 75% of the league. They still win games and they are still on the lower tier of locks for the playoffs. This isn't a Super Bowl year for them but they'll get close, as they have most of the last 20 years. Team's not great this year but they've done fairly well all things considered and while I agree Brady is maybe starting to actually look his age, he's still phenomenal. Breaking whatever record he did yesterday for QB rushing, you KNEW he was aware of it. He knows how awesome he is. Which is annoying but also when you're that great, you might as well bask in it. He's kept a middling team going this year.

And thats all coming from a non-Pats fan. I don't know if that team and the Brady/Belichik magic will ever fade. I think its just gonna stop. Whenever one of them (Brady) feels like retiring it'll just happen, I really don't think you'll see a steep decline.

Great post. Agree w/ everything you say. Also some earlier post someone said A 75% Pats team is still better than most the NFL. True. It is such a weird season. The last two Sundays - were I a big betting man I would be broke by now. I mean look at the W/L from yesterday - crazy!
The Rams have shown their weak side; and what I don't get, is that they go two games! without involving the best runner in NFL, who also can be used in receiving.
Chiefs still looking strong.
Pats - I think should not worry about the Loss. That was a fluke.
Chargers are superb.
Bears getting better, but it is their D. I thought Trubisky was becoming good, but not so much.
Saints excellent despite the L.
What about those damn Giants though? reminds of that year where they found their mojo toward season end and won the Superbowl.

Date: December 10, 2018 14:39

The Giants have a lot of talent. They are starting to come around.

Date: December 10, 2018 14:47

Giants are coming around just late enough to @#$%& up their draft pick. Its so classic Giants you couldn't even write it. All season they've had a good team (even though they've really gotta get an Eli replacement) and its finally starting to show right when it would actually matter that it didn't. Stay bad, get the QB pick, then start doing well. But its what keeps the Giants middling.

Lotta good games yesterday. That last minute Jets touchdown, that Dolphin's play which was one of the best things I've ever seen in recent memory. Also, WTF was with the 49ners not letting Kittle break that record. He needed 5 yards, they literally just had to throw him one screen pass. 210 yards in the first half and then not ONE target all second half?! What the hell was with them actively trying to squash that. It would have been cool to see.

Date: December 10, 2018 15:23

RollingFreak
Giants are coming around just late enough to @#$%& up their draft pick. Its so classic Giants you couldn't even write it. All season they've had a good team (even though they've really gotta get an Eli replacement) and its finally starting to show right when it would actually matter that it didn't. Stay bad, get the QB pick, then start doing well. But its what keeps the Giants middling.

Lotta good games yesterday. That last minute Jets touchdown, that Dolphin's play which was one of the best things I've ever seen in recent memory. Also, WTF was with the 49ners not letting Kittle break that record. He needed 5 yards, they literally just had to throw him one screen pass. 210 yards in the first half and then not ONE target all second half?! What the hell was with them actively trying to squash that. It would have been cool to see.
Completely agree about the Giants screwing up their draft position by playing hard NOW when it doesn't matter, but this isn't a good QB draft class this year.

Not sure how they break out of this Eli cycle, but they've got a bright future with Saquon and OBJ (if he doesn't completely lose his mind).

Date: December 10, 2018 15:50

keefriff99
RollingFreak

Completely agree about the Giants screwing up their draft position by playing hard NOW when it doesn't matter, but this isn't a good QB draft class this year.

Not sure how they break out of this Eli cycle, but they've got a bright future with Saquon and OBJ (if he doesn't completely lose his mind).

Option 1

If Clemson wins the national Championship- and - Trevor Lawrence turns pro - TAKE HIM

Option 2

Ryan Finley - NC State - Fits the Giants Mold Consistent doesn't beat himself. Great Arm and very accurate.

No Option -

Murray The Heisman Winner from OU too many potential off field issues.

Date: December 10, 2018 22:30

I hope the Seahawks beat the immortal hell out of the overrated Vikings. Score in mind is more like Seattle 20 Minn 10.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 11, 2018 01:08

Chris Fountain
I hope the Seahawks beat the immortal hell out of the overrated Vikings. Score in mind is more like Seattle 20 Minn 10.

thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 11, 2018 02:39

DaveG
Chris Fountain

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs uphot smiley

Date: December 11, 2018 05:16

god this game stinks

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2018 05:59

Go Hawks!!
Much closer game than the final score would indicate.
Wagner gets called for the push off on the blocked field goal, likely would have seen a different outcome. We'll take it though!

Date: December 11, 2018 06:10

MisterDDDD
Go Hawks!!
Much closer game than the final score would indicate.
Wagner gets called for the push off on the blocked field goal, likely would have seen a different outcome. We'll take it though!

or the missed facemask early in the game

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home