Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Date: December 24, 2018 00:00

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
funny that a 6-7 year span of good football the saints fans thinks that eliminates them being the aints. thats like my saying the jets don't stink and everyone else does because we were the first team not named the packers to win a SB

Technically, the Jets were the first team to win the Super Bowl. They've stunk ever since.

yes they played in the first SB which was later changed to SB.

btw the jets have been to i believe 4 AFC championship games after that so no way they always stunk.

After that? That was when? Recently? HA HA. OK.

they went in 2010 and 2011 to the AFC championship game

Date: December 24, 2018 00:04

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
funny that a 6-7 year span of good football the saints fans thinks that eliminates them being the aints. thats like my saying the jets don't stink and everyone else does because we were the first team not named the packers to win a SB

Your point is beyond hilariously absurd and has no connection at all with reality.

the saints won the super bowl during a year they were trying to hurt playerrs om purpose and then 4 of the next 8 seasons finished with a losing record and thats good to you? they also lost in the playoffs to a team with a losing record the year after the SB win. other than the year they won the SB the team with brees and payton as the coach are 4-5 in the playoffs.also the team has made the playoffs 7 years since brees and payton joined and missed the playoffs 6 so not exactly a powerhouse the scares people

Unfounded. Never proven. You keep going on about that when it's not the truth.

You're going on about what the Saints haven't done in regard to not winning the Super Bowl again and again - talk about the Jets. You think I don't know about how poorly the Saints have done? No where near as bad as when they were the Aints.

How many other teams have great playoffs records? Not many. Not sure what tail you are wagging but it seems that you are a bit... off. As if you have a complaint about a team that has a fantastic fan base. I don't know about the Jets and their fan base but I bet they feel a lot like people in Cleveland, who were good back when they kept losing to the Broncos. Since then... nothing except a reason to just delete them from the NFL, much like the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears and Jacksonville and Miami.

it was PROVEN period. you are the only saints fan who i know who won't admit it. several players said it happen. players who played for williams when he was on other teams said the same thing happened there. it happened

as far as the saints and the super bowls. i never said they should keep going but they can't even make the NFC championship game again. usually they don't even win a playoff game most seasons.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 24, 2018 01:15

now kids, play nice or santa won't visit! hohoho smileys with beer

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 24, 2018 02:55

Exciting back and forth game between Saints and Steelers.
Bears win a bit of a sloppy game against Niners. I love the fact that they no longer have a vanilla offense of run/run/pass/punt but sometimes they get too tricky. Looking forward to final game next week against Vikings.
Great game by Eagles against Houston. Nick Foles had an awesome game!

Date: December 24, 2018 04:55

seahawks playing well against KC. century link (site of stones show in may!) is tough on the visiting teams.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 24, 2018 05:48

keefriffhard4life
as far as the saints and the super bowls. i never said they should keep going but they can't even make the NFC championship game again. usually they don't even win a playoff game most seasons.

They made the NFC championship in 2007 and 2010. When you say "they can't even make the NFC championship game again", do you mean 2019? Or since 2010? If you meant 2010 then you're right. But what does that even matter? No one is screaming that the Buffalo Bills were AFC champions 4 years in a row.

They don't even win a playoff game most seasons? I supposed you're right, they've not won that many playoff games, other than 2010. Beaten by a better team as it turns out all the other times, except Philly. Even a 7-9 team, which many Saints fans thought if that game would've been played in New Orleans the Saints would've won, which I think they would not've.

This year's loss to Minnesota still hangs with them. At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't make the NFC championship, if not the Super Bowl, and win. But one never knows.

Date: December 24, 2018 05:51

Oh yeah...

Saints 31
Steelers 28

13-2

Very fortunate to be #1 period - NFC and NFL.

Won't matter in a few weeks.

Date: December 24, 2018 06:03

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

They made the NFC championship in 2007 and 2010. When you say "they can't even make the NFC championship game again", do you mean 2019? Or since 2010? If you meant 2010 then you're right. But what does that even matter? No one is screaming that the Buffalo Bills were AFC champions 4 years in a row.

They don't even win a playoff game most seasons? I supposed you're right, they've not won that many playoff games, other than 2010. Beaten by a better team as it turns out all the other times, except Philly. Even a 7-9 team, which many Saints fans thought if that game would've been played in New Orleans the Saints would've won, which I think they would not've.

This year's loss to Minnesota still hangs with them. At this point I'd be surprised if they didn't make the NFC championship, if not the Super Bowl, and win. But one never knows.

yes i meant since the 2010 season. saints fans act as if this team is a dynasty

Date: December 24, 2018 06:27

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

yes i meant since the 2010 season. saints fans act as if this team is a dynasty

I don't know of any Saints fans that think that (other than not wearing a grocery bag on their heads). You must be confusing them with Jets fans.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 24, 2018 07:30

Helluva game in Seattle tonight!!

Date: December 24, 2018 15:03

DaveG
Helluva game in Seattle tonight!!

SEAHAWKS!!!!!!! hot smiley

Date: December 25, 2018 15:14

Seahawks have serious momentum. The other time on a roll are the Ravens. I just have a huge problem always with the type of QB that Lamar is. It'll last for maybe half a season. Shannon Sharpe said it best "Opposing teams begin to figure him out; they will start to treat him as a RB and hit him so f*ckin hard, he will re-think coming out of the pocket". If someone seems to have the goods to do that though, it probably is Lamar.

My team has always been the PAtriots. This goes way before the Brady/Belichik days. I am really curious to see if Brady comes back next year. I'd hate for him to go out with such a wimper. They look terrible this year. The organization seems to take some kind of perverse pleasure every year in stripping him of talent, and seeing if they can re-build careers. I don't know how they are still winning; sort of. Just shows how weak their division is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-25 15:19 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: December 25, 2018 15:21

Palace Revolution 2000
Seahawks have serious momentum. The other time on a roll are the Ravens. I just have a huge problem always with the type of QB that Lamar is. It'll last for maybe half a season. Shannon Sharpe said it best "Opposing teams begin to figure him out; they will start to treat him as a RB and hit him so f*ckin hard, he will re-think coming out of the pocket". If someone seems to have the goods to do that though, it probably is Lamar.

Seahawks just signed Pete Carroll to a 3 year extension @ 11 million a year. That locks him & GM John Schneider in through 2021 season. Pete will be 70 when it ends. He sure doesn't seem to be slowing down. Great coaching job this season & I think the Hawks will be dangerous in the playoffs. If they beat Arizona Sunday, I like their chances against the Cowboys in the wildcard round.

Date: December 25, 2018 15:27

Palace Revolution 2000

My team has always been the PAtriots. This goes way before the Brady/Belichik days. I am really curious to see if Brady comes back next year. I'd hate for him to go out with such a wimper. They look terrible this year. The organization seems to take some kind of perverse pleasure every year in stripping him of talent, and seeing if they can re-build careers. I don't know how they are still winning; sort of. Just shows how weak their division is.

the division is weak this year because the bills let go of everyone after last year and the jets are in the 2nd year of a rebuild. the dolphins were ok

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 25, 2018 17:14

It has been an absolute horrible season being an OAKLAND Raiders fan this season and seeing them move again fills me with anger and sadness but at least they won last night in what will be most likely the last time they play in their true home.
Just have a feeling the whole Vegas thing will be a disaster for them.

Date: December 25, 2018 22:00

Of course there's no telling who the Saints will play in mid-January but it could be Minnesota, Seattle or Dallas. No matter what... ha ha. I'm guessing the Saints will finish 14-2, which doesn't really matter since they pretty much locked everything up with 12 wins. Whoever comes to New Orleans... only time will tell.

Date: December 25, 2018 22:51

GasLightStreet
Of course there's no telling who the Saints will play in mid-January but it could be Minnesota, Seattle or Dallas. No matter what... ha ha. I'm guessing the Saints will finish 14-2, which doesn't really matter since they pretty much locked everything up with 12 wins. Whoever comes to New Orleans... only time will tell.

Remember the Beastquake? winking smiley

Date: December 30, 2018 02:41

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Huh?

No.

Brees will not get his 13th season in a row of 4000 yards passing since he's not playing tomorrow (Sunday). So one record he won't break is that one.

Date: December 30, 2018 03:21

Of the New Orleans Saints 2010 Super Bowl win, 3 people remain:

Coach Sean Payton
QB Drew Brees
K Thomas Morstead

I don't know how that ranks regarding team histories that have gone back to the Super Bowl in a ten year time frame but if the Saints do in 2019 that will be talked about and it will probably become a factor somehow.

Date: December 30, 2018 17:58

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Huh?

No.

Brees will not get his 13th season in a row of 4000 yards passing since he's not playing tomorrow (Sunday). So one record he won't break is that one.[/quote

Seattle beats NO on Lynch run in playoffs. Seattle had losing record but managed to beat NO. Big upset. Lynch run literally caused minor earthquake

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 02:29

Bears put an exclamation point on the regular season beating the Vikings! A mean nothing game early on with LA leading San Fran by a lot so they knew they would finish third seed. Lots of people saying the Bears would rest their starters in the second half but if you have a chance to knock out a division opponent you do it!
Vikings fans are probably not pleased with QB Kirk Cousins after signing him to a huge 3 year guaranteed contract worth over $80 million. Didn't play a great game although Bears D pressured him the whole game.

Bear Down Chicago Bears!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 03:48

Fivethirtyeight.com's latest Super Bowl odds:

[projects.fivethirtyeight.com]

Saints 21%
Chiefs 20%
Patriots 14%
Rams 13%

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 31, 2018 06:17

keefriff99
Fivethirtyeight.com's latest Super Bowl odds:

[projects.fivethirtyeight.com]

Saints 21%
Chiefs 20%
Patriots 14%
Rams 13%

Seahawks coming in at 4%.

Updated Vegas odds are 25-1 for the Hawks to win it.
I don't gamble much, but did parlay some Vegas bets when they went in 2006, and made out well.. I'd probably put $50 on the Seahawks if I were in Vegas cool smiley

Date: December 31, 2018 07:40

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Huh?

No.

Brees will not get his 13th season in a row of 4000 yards passing since he's not playing tomorrow (Sunday). So one record he won't break is that one.

Seattle beats NO on Lynch run in playoffs. Seattle had losing record but managed to beat NO. Big upset. Lynch run literally caused minor earthquake

Oh.

That's when people were saying if they had come to New Orleans... with the way the Saints were run down with injuries, Cleveland probably could've beat them. There's no way the Saints would've won at home in 2011.

Just goes to show how the NFL "rewards" losing teams, that Seattle "won" their division at 7-9 and made the playoffs for some inane reason. A complete joke that Seattle hosted New Orleans. A disgrace, really. Just like Thursday night football. I wouldn't surprise me if a 6-10 team "wins" their division and hosts a playoff game in the future.

Lynch didn't "literally" cause an earthquake. I guess you'll be telling me Keith fell out of a palm tree next. #FakeNews

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-31 07:48 by GasLightStreet.

Date: December 31, 2018 07:42

DGA35
Bears put an exclamation point on the regular season beating the Vikings! A mean nothing game early on with LA leading San Fran by a lot so they knew they would finish third seed. Lots of people saying the Bears would rest their starters in the second half but if you have a chance to knock out a division opponent you do it!
Vikings fans are probably not pleased with QB Kirk Cousins after signing him to a huge 3 year guaranteed contract worth over $80 million. Didn't play a great game although Bears D pressured him the whole game.

Bear Down Chicago Bears!

Cousins sucks.

Bears won't get past the Saints... if they make it that far.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 09:53

I admit that I know nothing about the NFL, but I was watching a program about it and I've got a question for the Americans amongst us.......

Why do so many of the stadiums not have a roof? At first I thought it was because it must be played in the summer, but obviously it's not. It's played in the winter when it pisses down with rain and snow, and yet no roof.

Why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-31 09:53 by strat72.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 31, 2018 13:23

strat72
I admit that I know nothing about the NFL, but I was watching a program about it and I've got a question for the Americans amongst us.......

Why do so many of the stadiums not have a roof? At first I thought it was because it must be played in the summer, but obviously it's not. It's played in the winter when it pisses down with rain and snow, and yet no roof.

Why?

Because the weather has always been a big part of the game, I suppose.

Playing in the rain, snow, mud and freezing temps add elements to the games that make it more exciting and less predictable. Most of the games are played in the fall, and the only time weather becomes a consideration for the league is when they choose the sites for the Super Bowl, where they mostly choose warm weather cities or covered stadiums.

Date: December 31, 2018 13:44

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Huh?

No.

Oh.

That's when people were saying if they had come to New Orleans... with the way the Saints were run down with injuries, Cleveland probably could've beat them. There's no way the Saints would've won at home in 2011.

Just goes to show how the NFL "rewards" losing teams, that Seattle "won" their division at 7-9 and made the playoffs for some inane reason. A complete joke that Seattle hosted New Orleans. A disgrace, really. Just like Thursday night football. I wouldn't surprise me if a 6-10 team "wins" their division and hosts a playoff game in the future.

Lynch didn't "literally" cause an earthquake. I guess you'll be telling me Keith fell out of a palm tree next. #FakeNews

the crowd caused it. the stadium sits on fill in what used to be part of the harbor. the quake was measured on the seismograph at the university of washington. it was the first playoff appearance in the pete carroll era. btw: russell wilson has the same amount of playoff wins as the saints do in their entire history. GO HAWKS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-31 13:46 by crholmstrom.

Date: December 31, 2018 19:06

From what I've read, it wasn't an earthquake, the energy that was captured was the equivalent of a magnitude 1 earthquake. I get the fun of it though. That is quite tremendous.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 31, 2018 19:26

MisterDDDD
strat72

Why?

Because the weather has always been a big part of the game, I suppose.

Playing in the rain, snow, mud and freezing temps add elements to the games that make it more exciting and less predictable. Most of the games are played in the fall, and the only time weather becomes a consideration for the league is when they choose the sites for the Super Bowl, where they mostly choose warm weather cities or covered stadiums.

I don't mean a roof that covers the pitch, I'm talking about one that covers the crowd.

I can only assume that it comes down to saving money?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home