Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 20 of 25
Re: OT: NFL Football 2018
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 21, 2019 23:30

I like both Brees and Rodgers...both of them should have 2-3 rings.

This Patriots era reminds me of the '90s Jordan-era in the NBA, where the Bulls' utter domination denied rings to some all-time great players (Barkley, Ewing, Drexler, etc.)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2019 23:37

keefriffhard4life
i don't need to be a broken record.

Yet you are, with your karma whining and crying about 2009 on and on.

It's hilarious.

Date: January 21, 2019 23:46

The Patriots don't utterly dominate anything. They always need to catch a break.

The Patriots had the game lost on an interception but,the Kansas City player lined up off-sides in the neutral zone.

That's a ridiculous error this late in the season. Maybe you could understand that during the pre-season or,to be generous,during the first few regular season games but,by this point .... it should not happen. And the Patriots had no control over it. Just luck for them as far as that goes.

I posted this last year. It has happened for them every time that they have won the Super Bowl except for the 2004/2005 season. It has also happened at least twice in years that they have made the Super bowl and lost.

As far as Brees and Rogers go,the Patriots have had nothing to do with their post-season failures as they have never faced New England in the post-season.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:10

crholmstrom
tony romo, overrated. he wasn't that great a player either

Romo wasn't a great player (mostly because he would very often make mistakes during the last four or five minutes of close important games) but,he was a very good player.

He didn't always have the best talent around him save for a couple of seasons. Was robbed of his best chance four years ago.

Victimized by a huge dropped pass against the Giants in the play-offs during the '07/'08 season.

It's funny in a way how these quarterbacks reputations are determined by specific plays that they have no control over.

Brady,for example,became annointed as the greatest because of something that happened when he wasn't even in the game. The bad play call on the goal line by Seattle in the Super Bowl that year. And by Atlanta not running the ball 3 times and kicking a field goal to give them a 10 point lead with 3 or four minutes left in the Super Bowl that year. The list goes on.

But,back to Romo,he is a good announcer,not great. He gets carried away with predicting what will happen instead of calling what happens. But,at least he knows what he is talking about. Still reads defenses from the broadcast booth. For example,he knew that Gronkowski would be a good option on a play where he caught a pass BEFORE the ball was snapped because he recognized the defensive alignment / scheme. Better than Joe Buck etc. anyway.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:14

Heard an interesting point of view about why Brady is the best compared to Montana - Montana had the same players, Brady has had so many different players.

Big difference.

Date: January 22, 2019 00:23

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

It's hilarious.

Easy enough tell the saints to prove me wrong

Date: January 22, 2019 01:27

Winning Ugly VXII
The Patriots don't utterly dominate anything. They always need to catch a break.

The Patriots had the game lost on an interception but,the Kansas City player lined up off-sides in the neutral zone.

That's a ridiculous error this late in the season. Maybe you could understand that during the pre-season or,to be generous,during the first few regular season games but,by this point .... it should not happen. And the Patriots had no control over it. Just luck for them as far as that goes.

I posted this last year. It has happened for them every time that they have won the Super Bowl except for the 2004/2005 season. It has also happened at least twice in years that they have made the Super bowl and lost.

As far as Brees and Rogers go,the Patriots have had nothing to do with their post-season failures as they have never faced New England in the post-season.
Talk about an embittered tirade.

Nine Super Bowl appearances in 18 years is domination. 16 division titles in 18 years is domination. 13 AFC championship games in 18 years is domination. You don't need to win every game 50-3 to dominate in the NFL.

Your theory that other teams just decide to give up and hand the win over to the Patriots doesn't hold water. If they're so sloppy and unremarkable as you assert, then just beat them.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 22, 2019 01:43

GasLightStreet
Heard an interesting point of view about why Brady is the best compared to Montana - Montana had the same players, Brady has had so many different players.

Big difference.

That’s an interesting thought, one that I won’t repeat to any men that live here, lol.
I saw a glimpse of Joe M @ the Chiefs game. Good football yesterday, here is a ‘girl’ question: just how cold does it have to be to call a game? Frozen thru cold brrr skin mottled white can’t move your face
You must be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough!
Cheers.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2019 02:34

35love
That’s an interesting thought, one that I won’t repeat to any men that live here, lol.
I saw a glimpse of Joe M @ the Chiefs game. Good football yesterday, here is a ‘girl’ question: just how cold does it have to be to call a game? Frozen thru cold brrr skin mottled white can’t move your face
You must be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough!
Cheers.

Don't know if that question's been answered yet..
1967 NFL Championship (aka the Ice Bowl) was -13 below zero at kick off..

Last game to ever be cancelled by weather was 1935 before rule changes made canceling a game for weather not an option..

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: January 22, 2019 02:56

keefriff99

This Patriots era reminds me of the '90s Jordan-era in the NBA, where the Bulls' utter domination denied rings to some all-time great players (Barkley, Ewing, Drexler, etc.)

Clyde Drexler won a Ring with the Houston Rockets 1995.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 22, 2019 02:57

GasLightStreet

Big difference.

I would have to give the GOAT nod to Brady, but not as solidly as his teams success might suggest. As much as I dislike him, Belichick, I think, deserves more credit than Brady for their dynasty. Where with Montana, while surrounded by great players and coaches, was a more exciting, more all around skilled QB in my opinion.

Date: January 22, 2019 03:04

virgil
keefriff99

Clyde Drexler won a Ring with the Houston Rockets 1995.
Ah damn, had a feeling I was wrong on that one. And Jordan was out of the league that year, of course.

As far Brees/Rodgers not going up against the Pats directly, that's not the point. The entire complexion of the league has been affected by what the Pats have strung together.

Date: January 22, 2019 03:16

keefriff99
Winning Ugly VXII

Talk about an embittered tirade.

Nine Super Bowl appearances in 18 years is domination. 16 division titles in 18 years is domination. 13 AFC championship games in 18 years is domination. You don't need to win every game 50-3 to dominate in the NFL.

Your theory that other teams just decide to give up and hand the win over to the Patriots doesn't hold water. If they're so sloppy and unremarkable as you assert, then just beat them.

You can't change what has happened. It is what it is as they say.

The Patriots aren't sloppy. The teams that they have played have been. I never said they give up. They just make a critical mistake like they did yesterday.

All of the Patriots' championships have required some luck to go their way. That's other than the '04/'05 season.

Either a glaring critical error by the opposing team ..... or a bad short lived rule (like in the Raiders playoff game) .... or a bad call by the officials (Ravens and Jaguars recover a fumble but ruled down). It has happened almost every time. It's in the history books and can't be changed and not debatable.

The division titles are a joke. Only the Jets twice put up any competition and Miami once over this time period.

Buffalo and Miami have never been a contender since the very early 2000's. The Jets have been contenders 5 or 6 times in the past 36 years since I started watching football at five years old.

This has greatly helped the Patriots to always get a bye from the first round of the playoffs. Then usually 2 home games to get to the Super Bowl. Not so easy on the road as we saw yesterday when they needed that mistake to win. Not so easy if you need to win 3 playoff games instead of 2 in order to even reach the Super Bowl. But,then you have the Bills,Dolphins,and Jets to make life easier.

Date: January 22, 2019 03:33

I'm not arguing with you, but you cannot have a sustained run of success over 18 years and put it ALL down to luck. They out-plan and out-coach everyone else, and capitalize on mistakes other teams make that they typically don't.

Date: January 22, 2019 04:28

It is certainly absurd to suggest that the system that Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have created and tweaked over the years isn't the best ever in the NFL especially when you consider this has been done in the age of the salary cap (something Joe Montana or his coaches wouldn't know anything about) and when you consider that Belichick picks players in the lower tier of the draft but makes terrific athletes of. There is no doubt that Brady is the GOAT and that Bill Belichick is the most strategic mind in NFL coaching. It always comes to sixty minutes, boys. The Pats will be winning their sixth in a couple of weeks to tie the Pittsburgh Steelers for most Super Bowl victories--and to think that only one coach and quarterback combination did it is mind boggling. Props to the Rams for winning like thugs against the Saints. I can't wait to see the Pats destroy the Rams. After all, they already beat the Chiefs. That AFC Championship game against the Chiefs was the real Super Bowl. It was an impressive win given the noise at Arrowhead. And to the Patriots haters out there, you can always stay inside and cry in your pillow.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-22 04:30 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: January 22, 2019 06:10

Best ever at being really good for 18 years is different than actually being great for one season or for any span of time (four years as an example).

A "great" team doesn't NEED someone on the opposite team to line up offsides in a championship game in order to win.

And a "great" team doesn't need all of the other mistakes that were made by the various opposition in critical junctures of past championship games (Super Bowl and/or conference championship).

It is possible to win a game WITHOUT the other side botching it up and choking. Believe it or not. It may not seem like it these days but,it can be done.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 22, 2019 09:04

charlesbaudelaire
It is certainly absurd to suggest that the system that Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have created and tweaked over the years isn't the best ever in the NFL especially when you consider this has been done in the age of the salary cap (something Joe Montana or his coaches wouldn't know anything about) and when you consider that Belichick picks players in the lower tier of the draft but makes terrific athletes of. There is no doubt that Brady is the GOAT and that Bill Belichick is the most strategic mind in NFL coaching. It always comes to sixty minutes, boys. The Pats will be winning their sixth in a couple of weeks to tie the Pittsburgh Steelers for most Super Bowl victories--and to think that only one coach and quarterback combination did it is mind boggling. Props to the Rams for winning like thugs against the Saints. I can't wait to see the Pats destroy the Rams. After all, they already beat the Chiefs. That AFC Championship game against the Chiefs was the real Super Bowl. It was an impressive win given the noise at Arrowhead. And to the Patriots haters out there, you can always stay inside and cry in your pillow.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Don't get ahead of yourself. The Chiefs game was no Super Bowl. The Chiefs put essentially a rookie quarterback on the field and a mediocre defense. Yeah Brady is the best but he's a punk. We know quite well up here in Buffalo. It took Goff a good half before he got his act together. He was certainly intimidated by the crowd. He won't have that the crowd to deal with but the stage. It might be overwhelming for him. I fully expect the Rams defense to terrorize Brady just as the Eagles did but even more. If the Rams can stop the short passes in the flat, then the Patriots are in serious trouble. A big IF. There is no better feeling than watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl. Believe me, 90% of America will be hoping for that outcome too.

Date: January 22, 2019 15:23

The Sicilian
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Don't get ahead of yourself. The Chiefs game was no Super Bowl. The Chiefs put essentially a rookie quarterback on the field and a mediocre defense. Yeah Brady is the best but he's a punk. We know quite well up here in Buffalo. It took Goff a good half before he got his act together. He was certainly intimidated by the crowd. He won't have that the crowd to deal with but the stage. It might be overwhelming for him. I fully expect the Rams defense to terrorize Brady just as the Eagles did but even more. If the Rams can stop the short passes in the flat, then the Patriots are in serious trouble. A big IF. There is no better feeling than watching the Patriots lose the Super Bowl. Believe me, 90% of America will be hoping for that outcome too.

I heard the saints were pumping in extra taped crowd noise whenever the rams had the ball on offense

Date: January 22, 2019 21:40

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

It's hilarious.

You're a Jets fan. Nothing important and in dire need of cheese for your whine.

Date: January 22, 2019 21:47

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

It's hilarious.

what whine? I've heard nonstop the last 2 days about how the saints complain about the call and integrity of the game but had no issues when the players were trying to hurt people on purpose. every media outlet has had been going on about this as I knew they would.

all the saints have to do to shut people up is go back to the superbowl again. they haven't . number of jets SB wins 1. number of saints, also appears to be 1

Date: January 22, 2019 21:57

charlesbaudelaire
The Pats will be winning their sixth in a couple of weeks to tie the Pittsburgh Steelers for most Super Bowl victories--and to think that only one coach and quarterback combination did it is mind boggling. Props to the Rams for winning like thugs against the Saints. I can't wait to see the Pats destroy the Rams. After all, they already beat the Chiefs.

If winning like thugs means that they got the game essentially handed to them, with 2 of the refs from the Los Angeles area and missing a call that people on the other side of the world saw, then yeah, thugs it is.

Although the word thug and how the Rams won have nothing to do with each other, it's more like granted thieves.

After the game, referee Bill Vinovich responded to questions about the play. His answer was nearly as offensive as the no-call itself: He said he hadn’t seen the play. The joke, of course, is that none of the officials saw the penalty...

Lewis, the receiver who was, as Robey-Coleman said, “whacked” Sunday, bounced up after the contact wondering which penalty was coming—a helmet-to-helmet hit or pass interference. “Either one,” he said. Of course, neither was coming. The refs never said anything to him on the field.

[www.theringer.com]

Date: January 22, 2019 22:24

Huh.

Date: January 22, 2019 23:30

there were multiple missed calls for both teams in both games that could have changed the outcome of either game. the end result is what it is. if the Rams had 12 men on the field or something I'd be complaining more. twice the saints got a play off in the game after the play clock expired and both times guys from the rams were pointing at the clock before the ball was snapped and nothing was called

Date: January 23, 2019 04:41

Missed calls in both games? Huh? The only missed call of any import was that DPI (defensive pass interference) that was not called in the Saints game. I watched both games. Sure there are small questionable calls all the time, but there are NONE that were game changing in the way that the Rams took advantage of. It' s hilarious that anyone in Saints nation thinks that clownbo Roger Goodell will do anything to set the record straight for Saints fans. He is a total NYC fat-cat loser who cares ZERO about the integrity of the game. On the other hand, he sure looks dapper all the time, and he has a nice smile.

And if 90% of the USA wants to see the Pats lose, then I will especially rejoice once the hot Pats defense has its way with the inexperienced Rams offense. This will be either a blowout or a 10-point win by the Pats. Why do so many people in the USA have to be spoiled sports. It just makes them look petty.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 04:42 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: January 23, 2019 05:41

keefriffhard4life
The Sicilian
charlesbaudelaire

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

I heard the saints were pumping in extra taped crowd noise whenever the rams had the ball on offense

You heard fake news.

Date: January 23, 2019 05:44

keefriffhard4life
gaslightstreet

what whine? I've heard nonstop the last 2 days about how the saints complain about the call and integrity of the game but had no issues when the players were trying to hurt people on purpose. every media outlet has had been going on about this as I knew they would.

I've seen nothing about it. Old news. As usual, you lean on that crutch hard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 17:58 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 23, 2019 05:50

2006-2014 - NINE YEARS the Patriots didn't win a Super Bowl. Yet a lot of people say they "always win".

The last 4 Super Bowls they've won 2. They won 2 in a row in 2004 and '005, and the first Brady one was in 2002.

That's not exactly dominating regarding they "always win", now, huh.

Still, they've been 7 times since 2002, hence, they "always win".

Kinda seems like they'll win their 6th, and possibly last with Brady, but the way things go these days, ha ha...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 23, 2019 05:57

Hoping the same ref who blew the call is working the Super Bowl - winking smiley - he might as well have been wearing a Rams jersey.

I hear there's a petition in New Orleans with over 600,000 signatures already demanding that the game be replayed this Sunday...lol...GET OVER IT!!!

Seriously though, absolutely horrible call, and the results from it will taint anything the Rams may accomplish in the Superbowl (win or lose) - there should even be an asterisk next to their name.

Go *Rams!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-23 05:58 by Hairball.

Date: January 23, 2019 05:59

charlesbaudelaire
Missed calls in both games? Huh? The only missed call of any import was that DPI (defensive pass interference) that was not called in the Saints game. I watched both games. Sure there are small questionable calls all the time, but there are NONE that were game changing in the way that the Rams took advantage of. It' s hilarious that anyone in Saints nation thinks that clownbo Roger Goodell will do anything to set the record straight for Saints fans. He is a total NYC fat-cat loser who cares ZERO about the integrity of the game. On the other hand, he sure looks dapper all the time, and he has a nice smile.

And if 90% of the USA wants to see the Pats lose, then I will especially rejoice once the hot Pats defense has its way with the inexperienced Rams offense. This will be either a blowout or a 10-point win by the Pats. Why do so many people in the USA have to be spoiled sports. It just makes them look petty.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Sonthe saints scoring a TD on a play after the game clock didn’t change or have any impact on the game?

Date: January 23, 2019 06:02

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

I've seen nothing about it. Old news. As usual, you lean on that crutch hard.[/quote]

The go watch some more espn and listen to some sports talk radio every now and again

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 20 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1551
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home