Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 17, 2018 04:07

Bjornulf, do you know the whole schedule ahead of time and then leak bits like a King, or is this how you’re fed, too?

Babyblue there has been no info on when ticket sales,
I am sure that part will be announced Monday.

Re: Chicago Yesterday
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 17, 2018 04:14

timbernardis
Hairball
exilestones
Found it!

VIDEO: [www.jambase.com]

This would make a mighty fine litho!

So far we have seen no haphazard/scribbled No Filter yellow stuff and are blasting us with the classic tongue everywhere!
And while the tour itself might be an extension of No Filter w/same great stage, etc., looking forward to some changes - starting w/ the classic tongue is promising.

Dying to get the dates etched in stone...can make an educated guess, but will be nice to see it all confirmed! Currently in stage one of tour preparations in reconnaissance mode scouting out hotels, etc.
The fact that Phoenix, L.A., and SF are back to back to back makes this fairly easy, but can't count my chickens before they're hatched.
As it stands, leaning towards Phoenix and L.A. for sure, with SF being a maybe at 75%.

What happened to Denver, Hairball?

plexi

That was a preliminary pre-Phoenix/L.A./SF contingency plan as Denver was the closest to California at the time w/the rest of the shows rumoured on the East Coast.
Now that there's a show almost in my backyard 60 miles away (Rose Bowl), and a couple others within quick striking distance, Denver has been ditched along with John Denver and Rocky Mountain High.winking smiley
Hope to see you out here Tim!

bv
Rose Bowl Pasadena California Saturday May 11, 2019
Rose Bowl is 15 miles i.e. 25 km from Burbank Airport, easier access than LAX.

Some historic references to the Stones show at the Rose Bowl in 1994:

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

Hallelujah! smiling smiley

Now waiting patiently (anxiously) for Phoenix and SF dates!

Thanks Bjornulf - see you again back in Southern California in May, 2019. thumbs up

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 17, 2018 04:48

Madcap
Not sure how I feel about Chicago being the last stops on the tour. Hopefully they won't be tired by then!

The final few shows of No Filter 1 and 2 were the best of those legs of the tour.

plexi

Date: November 17, 2018 04:50

snoopy2
bv
We can not solve the word problems in a thread dedicated to The Rolling Stones USA Tour 2019.

This made me smile..

The word problems or the world problems? I think he meant both.

plexi

Date: November 17, 2018 06:48

nick
steffialicia
BitchKeepsBitchin
steffialicia
Does the Statue of Liberty mean a show in MSG or Brooklyn? NJ is not NY.

The Statue of Liberty is actually in NJ. So Metlife Stadium.

I beg to differ. The Lady belongs to all Americans, of course, but it is located in NY.

To address the statue: It is physically closer to NJ. NY & NJ agreed to "adjust" the territorial waters in 18something. I believe the land the statue is on technically is part of Manhattan Island. Under the water that is.
To address the rhetoric: Any concert at Giants/Metlife Stadium is a NJ concert and that's not subjective.

Well hey, it's all INDIAN COUNTRY!!!

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 17, 2018 07:35

MisterDDDD
mosthigh
If Rose Bowl is on the 11th, then Santa Clara would be no earlier than Wednesday the 15th, and Seattle Sunday the 19th, assuming that is the routing with no prolonged break. Seeing as Monday the 20th is a holiday in British Columbia, it makes a convenient date for us north-of-the-border dwellers. I hope after 12 years of absence from Vancouver, they could throw us at least that. (Not that it matters to me - I can take time off from work at a moments notice).tongue sticking out smiley

I'm betting on the Sat. 18th for Seattle.
I was hoping for Vancouver as well, I live closer to Seattle, but I have always enjoyed the shows there more.. (better stones crowd)cool smiley

I think the no show for Canada may be tied to the low Canadian dollar (25+% vs USD)
Sure they can charge a little more up there, but probably not the 25-30% over the Seattle price, and there's a lot of us who will gladly travel the relatively short distance to see them at either location.[/quote

Seattle I will be there plus one other place. Hoping for some decent merchandise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 07:37 by babyblue.

Date: November 17, 2018 07:39

babyblue
MisterDDDD
mosthigh
If Rose Bowl is on the 11th, then Santa Clara would be no earlier than Wednesday the 15th, and Seattle Sunday the 19th, assuming that is the routing with no prolonged break. Seeing as Monday the 20th is a holiday in British Columbia, it makes a convenient date for us north-of-the-border dwellers. I hope after 12 years of absence from Vancouver, they could throw us at least that. (Not that it matters to me - I can take time off from work at a moments notice).tongue sticking out smiley

I was hoping for Vancouver as well, I live closer to Seattle, but I have always enjoyed the shows there more.. (better stones crowd)cool smiley

I think the no show for Canada may be tied to the low Canadian dollar (25+% vs USD)
Sure they can charge a little more up there, but probably not the 25-30% over the Seattle price, and there's a lot of us who will gladly travel the relatively short distance to see them at either location.[/quote

Seattle I will be there plus one other place. Hoping for some decent merchandise.
Eg..band photo.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 17, 2018 08:11

babyblue
babyblue
MisterDDDD
mosthigh

Eg..band photo.

Upon further investigation, I think Seattle will be Sunday the 19th. A few hotels I checked in the stadium area have significantly higher rates Sunday than the already high Saturday rates. There are Mariners games next door at Safeco Field both days, though Sunday is at 1:00pm, whilst Sat is at 7:00pm. It would be less of a clustef%ck to have the Stones Sunday.

That's all have to say about it...(for now)eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2018 10:24

I get lots of info about many sources every day, all day. It is a fulltime job to sort out everything these days. I never publish anything unless I have it from two or more sources. Some times good sources have old data and bad sources have new data, some times dates change by a day or so, this is a big puzzle. Also some dates are optional, I assume only one CHi and one NJ will go public initially. If they sell slow, there may be a backup plan. So keep all your travel plans flexible.

Bjornulf

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: November 17, 2018 10:49

Any information whether we may expect "european style" PIT, or all seated only?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 17, 2018 11:02

iHeartMedia is partnering with The Rolling Stones to announce their upcoming tour. Listen to Lonestar 92.5 this Monday at 2 pm as Jim Kerr will have an exclusive interview with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

[lonestar925.iheart.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2018 12:14

pospi

There have been very few GA shows since 1981, I don't really see any reason this would change now.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 17, 2018 13:13

Has anybody heard any talk of potential opening acts? There were some good ones in England last year.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 17, 2018 13:34

Lien
iHeartMedia is partnering with The Rolling Stones to announce their upcoming tour. Listen to Lonestar 92.5 this Monday at 2 pm as Jim Kerr will have an exclusive interview with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

[lonestar925.iheart.com]

Thanks Lien!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 17, 2018 13:44

I don't think they add the opening acts until they see how ticket sales are working. If everything is sold out, like Europe this year and last year, they may add any support they like, and we will get great acts. We had Liam Gallagher and many others great ones in Europe. If a venue is selling slowly, they may ramp up sales by a larger act, like they added Metallica in San Francisco some years ago, and then tickets moved faster of course. Or AC/DC more or less all over the shows in Germany some years ago. Often they do also use local acts.

Bjornulf

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 17, 2018 14:51

Would love to see Van Halen open up the Pasadena show...after all, they are a Pasadena band!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 17, 2018 15:04

FrogSugar
Would love to see Van Halen open up the Pasadena show...after all, they are a Pasadena band!

There is only one band from Hollywood who could do the opener proper and it ain't Van Halen.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 17, 2018 15:05

Thank you, BV! I've seen some good ones over the years (Solomon Burke, Susan Tedeschi, Peter Tosh, J Geils come to mind). Some really bad ones, too. Like Third Eye Blind, Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews (personal dislike, DMB are ok for that sort of thing I suppose.Just don't like the jam band stuff much). Motley Crue on ABB were interesting but not right for Stones show. They are ok musicians but that singer, ugh. The crowd mostly ignored them. It could get interesting with the stadium show here in Seattle. I don't think there was an opener in Vegas 2012, last show I saw. Katy Perry did "Beast of Burden" with them. Wasn't super wild about that. I had been hoping for BB King in the guest spot. Sadly, opportunity lost, RIP BB. Hopefully they won't be worried too much about who's currently on the charts. The mix in England last year was pretty good from where I sit. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 17, 2018 15:19

crholmstrom
Thank you, BV! I've seen some good ones over the years (Solomon Burke, Susan Tedeschi, Peter Tosh, J Geils come to mind). Some really bad ones, too. Like Third Eye Blind, Jason Mraz, Dave Matthews (personal dislike, DMB are ok for that sort of thing I suppose.Just don't like the jam band stuff much). Motley Crue on ABB were interesting but not right for Stones show. They are ok musicians but that singer, ugh. The crowd mostly ignored them. It could get interesting with the stadium show here in Seattle. I don't think there was an opener in Vegas 2012, last show I saw. Katy Perry did "Beast of Burden" with them. Wasn't super wild about that. I had been hoping for BB King in the guest spot. Sadly, opportunity lost, RIP BB. Hopefully they won't be worried too much about who's currently on the charts. The mix in England last year was pretty good from where I sit. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

To have J Geils Band and Peter Tosh on your resume is impressive. J. Geils Live (Full House) and Bush Doctor by Tosh are two of my favorite albums out of many.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 17, 2018 15:38

Chris Fountain

To have J Geils Band and Peter Tosh on your resume is impressive. J. Geils Live (Full House) and Bush Doctor by Tosh are two of my favorite albums out of many.

I'd rate J Geils as my favorite opener of all time..
Opened for them here in Seattle '81 for a couple shows, my two favorite bands.. was in Heaven. Prince was also supposed to be on the bill as a third act, but after being very poorly received at the LA shows, was replaced with the Greg Kihn Band.

One memory that stuck with me from those shows is Mick being "caught" in disguise by a local reporter taking the elevator down in the Kingdome to watch J Geils perform from the crowd. Left me wondering how many times he did that over the decades if much at all..

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 17, 2018 15:54

MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain

I'd rate J Geils as my favorite opener of all time..
Opened for them here in Seattle '81 for a couple shows, my two favorite bands.. was in Heaven. Prince was also supposed to be on the bill as a third act, but after being very poorly received at the LA shows, was replaced with the Greg Kihn Band.

One memory that stuck with me from those shows is Mick being "caught" in disguise by a local reporter taking the elevator down in the Kingdome to watch J Geils perform from the crowd. Left me wondering how many times he did that over the decades if much at all..

Nice Post. I guess Prince was early in his career. He became a sensational performer by the 1990s. Great guitarist as proved by his tribute solo for George Harrison (While my Guitar Gently Weeps) during one of the RR Induction to HOF shows. Also the concert Sign -o-Times movie is further proof.

I hate the fact that I never had the chance to see J Geils Band Live. Both of their live albums are great.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 17, 2018 16:07

On pits, if they are using the same stage set-up for stadiums as they did for No Filter 1 and 2, wouldn't there be pits A and B in the US, or do we know yet?

Bjornulf?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2018 17:31

glmmr_twn
FrogSugar

There is only one band from Hollywood who could do the opener proper and it ain't Van Halen.

Take me down to the paradise city!

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 17, 2018 17:54

treaclefingers
glmmr_twn
FrogSugar

Take me down to the paradise city!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 17, 2018 17:59

bv

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

I've lived here in Pasadena for more than 20 years. DM me if you have questions on what parts of Pasadena to stay. The areas where you want to be are in the $300-400 range on May 11. If you find a bargain price, it is likely a part of town you want to avoid. There are deals to be found though - for example the Green Tree Motel on Arroyo has great prices and is only a couple blocks from Old Town.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 17:59 by Kennedy.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 17, 2018 18:15

Its amazing pits amazing people are talking about warm up bands. Sorry

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 17, 2018 18:23

pospi

Jass Fest should , they have always had "Grand Marshall" pits in front of the main stages. For the rest no ideal.

Date: November 17, 2018 18:56

You think many shows will be sold out?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 17, 2018 18:59

Kennedy
bv

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

I've lived here in Pasadena for more than 20 years. DM me if you have questions on what parts of Pasadena to stay. The areas where you want to be are in the $300-400 range on May 11. If you find a bargain price, it is likely a part of town you want to avoid. There are deals to be found though - for example the Green Tree Motel on Arroyo has great prices and is only a couple blocks from Old Town.

What about the Hotels/Motels at East Colorado Boulevard? All help is very much appreciated!

/Jesper from Sweden.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 17, 2018 19:34

Kennedy
bv

[www.youtube.com]

[iorr.org]

[www.deseretnews.com]

I trust your local knowledge, but for what it's worth I've stayed at a couple of semi-decent/semi-bargain places near Pasadena City College (Howard Johnson Wyndam for one). While not in the thick of Old Town, it's less than two miles down the road on Colorado Blvd. - basically a hop. skip, and a jump. And while it might not be the "happening" area with all the bars and nightlife, I wouldn't call it a part of town to avoid either- after all this is not South Central L.A. The bottom line it's a decent place to stay for a night, especially when the rates are so much less than two miles down the road. And if they have a Rose Bowl shuttle to and from the college, very convenient. That said, for Arroyo Festival wkd., I was lucky to get a room at the Sheraton Pasadena by the Convention Center and Old Town for apprx. $150/night via priceline express deal which I now see is going for astronomical rates for May 11th on most sites, but this one is currently offering it for a "reasonable" $242 and is refundable ( Sheraton ), though that deal won't last very long. Very nice and ideally located for sure (and my wife loved it), but personally I would have been just as happy staying at the Wyndham by Pasadena College ( Wyndham ).

Can you recommend any great Mexican food in the area? I know there's a King Taco, and I've been to Amigos which was pretty good standard fare, but any other suggestions?

JumpinJeppeFlash
What about the Hotels/Motels at East Colorado Boulevard? All help is very much appreciated!

See above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 19:36 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home