Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:32

MrMibbs
potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43
none of these shows will sell out

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Oh they will call it a sell out but it will not be full. 2015 is proof
So you are staying home and saving your money ??

Nope

Date: November 18, 2018 18:34

black n blue
Another stadium tour, blah!!!

agreed

Date: November 18, 2018 18:35

snoopy2
mosthigh
They often hold back good seats initially. Its better to wait an hour or so, especially if looking for singles. Also, sometimes the best seats get released a week or two before the show; and, if they think the expensive vip's won't sell, they'll drop them to regular price a few days before as well. I scored 6th row dead center to McCartney that way in 2016 - not to mention my famous front row score for the Stones in 2006, the day of the show - at 75% of face value from the box office no less. Hard to believe, but it happened.

That's what I learned from Zip Code.. in a panic my first show I bought "best avail." but then I realized weeks later I could still browse the site and tickets kept popping up..

Another question tho: anyone remember if all shows go online at once and a feeding frenzy occur, or do they space them out?

That's because they do not sell out. I bought a GREAT seat for Buffalo a few hours before the show. There were lots of seats available.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:38

MisterDDDD
syrel
Well, I am late to this party... How come it is all happening so quickly? Just spent all day reserving hotel rooms cool smiley

Great to hear you'll be making the trip over syrel!
You were SO helpful with travel tips in the UK, would be happy to return the favor if any assistance needed. What shows you planning on??

I've reserved rooms for Santa-Clara, Seattle, Denver, New York and Chicago. If it all pans out as expected, I will probably drop Denver as I will probably have a commitment in Montreal on 24-26 May. Then I'll come back for the last four shows. I'm not quite buzzing with excitement about these shows (yet), but a week in NY and week in Chicago will be neat, and I can throw in a couple of cool train journeys as well. And it all depends on scoring decent tickets.

syrel

Date: November 18, 2018 18:44

sounds like fun

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:46

syrel
MisterDDDD
syrel
Well, I am late to this party... How come it is all happening so quickly? Just spent all day reserving hotel rooms cool smiley

You were SO helpful with travel tips in the UK, would be happy to return the favor if any assistance needed. What shows you planning on??

I've reserved rooms for Santa-Clara, Seattle, Denver, New York and Chicago. If it all pans out as expected, I will probably drop Denver as I will probably have a commitment in Montreal on 24-26 May. Then I'll come back for the last four shows. I'm not quite buzzing with excitement about these shows (yet), but a week in NY and week in Chicago will be neat, and I can throw in a couple of cool train journeys as well. And it all depends on scoring decent tickets.

syrel

I've reserved rooms in Pasadena, Santa Clara, NJ and Chicago! Depending on ticket cost how many I can actually go to but for sure California and Chicago!!

Date: November 18, 2018 18:49

Nice!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:52

bv
CenturyLink Field Seattle will most probably be Wed May 22.

Soldier Field Chicago will probably be like the NJ double dates, with one show announced first, then the other one going on sale next, dates probably June 21 and 25.

Guess my wishful guesstimating for Seattle on the 18th or 19th is toast. I know a lot of folks in Vancouver won't be happy with this, but I'll be there nonetheless. Will also make tickets easier to come by, and probably won't conflict with any other major event in town that day.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:02

Dan, do you work for ticketing? I am suspicious but won’t give more except to note I had a hellicious time No Filter 2 by not PAYING THEN PRINTING
these companies are floating our money

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:14

sarahunwin

I've reserved rooms in Pasadena, Santa Clara, NJ and Chicago! Depending on ticket cost how many I can actually go to but for sure California and Chicago!!

Well if you're 'local' then it's worth taking a punt on the lucky dips and paying more for travel, but as I'm flying across the atlantic, I want to know I've got decent seats first, and accept that they'll be expensive. Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:22

potus43
snoopy2
mosthigh
They often hold back good seats initially. Its better to wait an hour or so, especially if looking for singles. Also, sometimes the best seats get released a week or two before the show; and, if they think the expensive vip's won't sell, they'll drop them to regular price a few days before as well. I scored 6th row dead center to McCartney that way in 2016 - not to mention my famous front row score for the Stones in 2006, the day of the show - at 75% of face value from the box office no less. Hard to believe, but it happened.

That's what I learned from Zip Code.. in a panic my first show I bought "best avail." but then I realized weeks later I could still browse the site and tickets kept popping up..

Another question tho: anyone remember if all shows go online at once and a feeding frenzy occur, or do they space them out?

That's because they do not sell out. I bought a GREAT seat for Buffalo a few hours before the show. There were lots of seats available.

I also bought two seats to the Buffalo show a couple hours before. Our seats were next to people who paid $300. I paid $100 for each seat. I was scanning for tickets all afternoon and just a couple hours before, out of the blue, a block of seats suddenly showed up, I grabbed them instantly. It's a crap shoot because you never know. I felt great about it but people next to me weren't so thrilled. The seats were about 15 rows up from the field just in front of the runaway.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:32

>I felt great about it but people next to me weren't so thrilled.

Yeah, sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. When I told the lady next to me I scored my [front row] seat for $100, she said scornfully: "Where's your real seat?".

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:56

sarahunwin
syrel
MisterDDDD
syrel

syrel

But Sarah, u live in the Bay Area, why get a room in Santa Clara when u can just drive?

Hopefully we'll c u in Chicago.

plexi

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:58

syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:00

bv
... Philadelphia, which is THE city with the most astronomous hotel prices during the Stones tour, if you ignore Pasadena, always expensive, I suppose.

Boy you're are not kidding! I tried last night for Philly, some of the Choice motel brand which are usually on cheap end were over $300! For Philly I may stay further out and drive in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 20:47 by snoopy2.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:01

[/quote]
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.[/quote]

Jazz Fest should have a standing pit, they always do.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:02

MAF
syrel
Hoping for a pit/seat layout like they had in Germany last year. But if it's all-seated, I managed to get 5th, 8th and 10th rows for my zip code shows. I'd be happy with that again.

syrel
I think alle the venues in the US are/will be all-seated. No pit like in Europe.

Pits were absent for all U.S. Zip Code venues, if I recall correctly.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:03

Any IORR Band gigs before this tour?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:12

GasLightStreet
potus43

Zero of them.

Wow.

Potusdramus.

The whole nonsense was worthwhile for that line.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:17

cmc
MAF
syrel

syrel

Pits were absent for all U.S. Zip Code venues, if I recall correctly.

Indianapolis was all standing, but, of course, not a stadium.

All stadia will be all seated. Last time they weren't was 1981!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:30

Waiting on Santa Clara/SF date!
Large gap between Pasadena May 11 and Seattle May 22...with Santa Clara falling somewhere in between...
Could be the 15th, 16th, 17th, or 18th?

Leaning towards either of the latter two as they're Fri. and Sat, but unsure?!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:52

syrel

syrel

thumbs up
I'll likely drive to the Santa-Clara show (from Seattle) with a friend.
The coastal train from SF to Seattle is a great ride, but if it all works out would be happy to offer a ride...
Seattle to Denver train is also very cool cool smiley

Denver for me is also up in the air.. Booked a room, but will probably take another event (cool non-stones Red Rocks or Montana show) to get me to drive it again... nice drive though cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 20:54 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 18, 2018 20:59

Hairball
Waiting on Santa Clara/SF date!
Large gap between Pasadena May 11 and Seattle May 22...with Santa Clara falling somewhere in between...
Could be the 15th, 16th, 17th, or 18th?

Leaning towards either of the latter two as they're Fri. and Sat, but unsure?!!!

It is a long gap, makes me wonder if either LA or SF is also in line for a second show depending on sales. Doubtful, as bv would have already mentioned..
Would love to see the Phoenix show land after LA, but also doubtful.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:00

MisterDDDD
The coastal train from SF to Seattle is a great ride, but if it all works out would be happy to offer a ride...

Denver for me is also up in the air.. Booked a room, but will probably take another event (cool non-stones Red Rocks or Montana show) to get me to drive it again... nice drive though cool smiley

Curious about the coastal train.. Probably will fly out for west shows (Bay Area and Seattle) and wondered how I was going to get between those two cities, does it run pretty regular?

For other shows I'm planning NOLA, Philly, NY/NJ, and Chicago all of which I'll most likely road trip between.

Date: November 18, 2018 21:01

Rocky Dijon
GasLightStreet
potus43

Zero of them.

Wow.

Potusdramus.

smileys with beer

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:05

MisterDDDD
Rocky Dijon
GasLightStreet
potus43

Zero of them.

Wow.

Potusdramus.

smileys with beer

thumbs up

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:09

potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Those of us who go to a lot of Stones shows around the world know that the 2015 tour of small markets in the US was a bit of an aberration. Even on that tour, San Diego was a complete sellout from day 1. There were no ticket drops, and secondary market prices never came down. It will depend on the venue, location and pricing. Sometimes, demand is much greater than supply. For example, you can usually count on getting in to the show by going to the venue on the day of the show. But, I remember the O2 Arena in 2012, where a couple hundred fans listened from outside, unable to score tickets at any price. It’s hard to predict - in 2007, I was able to get great tickets in a “ticket drop” for Stade de France a month before the show; the stadium was not sold out, with large blocks of seats covered by tarp. In 2014, getting a decent ticket at that same venue was was a real challenge, and sure enough, all upper sections were full.

Date: November 18, 2018 21:12

snoopy2
MisterDDDD

Curious about the coastal train.. Probably will fly out for west shows (Bay Area and Seattle) and wondered how I was going to get between those two cities, does it run pretty regular?

For other shows I'm planning NOLA, Philly, NY/NJ, and Chicago all of which I'll most likely road trip between.

I believe it runs about twice a day as I recall(am/pm).. takes about 24 hours.
Busses (Greyhound, Bolt) are also decent, less expensive options, I will definitely post if I end up driving and would be happy to fill the car cool smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:24

The Sicilian
potus43
snoopy2
mosthigh

I also bought two seats to the Buffalo show a couple hours before. Our seats were next to people who paid $300. I paid $100 for each seat. I was scanning for tickets all afternoon and just a couple hours before, out of the blue, a block of seats suddenly showed up, I grabbed them instantly. It's a crap shoot because you never know. I felt great about it but people next to me weren't so thrilled. The seats were about 15 rows up from the field just in front of the runaway.

Buffalo is an extremely small market and the stadium there hosts very few live shows (maybe one every couple of years? I’m not sure). I would not use experiences at that venue as a guide for, say, New York or LA.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 18, 2018 21:26

drbryant
potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43

Those of us who go to a lot of Stones shows around the world know that the 2015 tour of small markets in the US was a bit of an aberration. Even on that tour, San Diego was a complete sellout from day 1. There were no ticket drops, and secondary market prices never came down. It will depend on the venue, location and pricing. Sometimes, demand is much greater than supply. For example, you can usually count on getting in to the show by going to the venue on the day of the show. But, I remember the O2 Arena in 2012, where a couple hundred fans listened from outside, unable to score tickets at any price. It’s hard to predict - in 2007, I was able to get great tickets in a “ticket drop” for Stade de France a month before the show; the stadium was not sold out, with large blocks of seats covered by tarp. In 2014, getting a decent ticket at that same venue was was a real challenge, and sure enough, all upper sections were full.

Regarding San Diego '15 - it was the only stadium show west of the Rockies - the next closest show was Kansas City over 1,500 miles away.
Of course they would sell it out as almost every Stones fan on this side of the States wanted to go - not to mention the many fans from the rest of the country and around the world given the fact it was the opening show!
But then you have the two slow selling *Vegas '16 arena shows where there were price drops, etc. Yes there were two Desert Trip shows prior, but after that those were the only two shows in the States. You would think they would have had no probelm selling them out immediately, but alot of people were probably turned off by the particularly high prices of those shows. Whatever the case, tickets should be much more reasonable for the stadium shows on average, and while some may come close to selling out, others will be wide open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 21:28 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home