Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 78 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:16

I'm ready to fly from the UK to the States for this. Need the official dates then I'll book my flight.

Looking at going to Boston but hotel prices don't seem too cheap. Might have to opt for a hostel...

Anyone know how easy it will be after the show to get back to Boston itself? Will they put on buses or other methods of transport?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:18

Been thinking about who would be good opening acts. Sturgill Simpson would be awesome. People think of him as country but he totally rocks. Great guitar player, too.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:23

Thank you bv. I wonder why they now decided to do 3-6 days breaks between the shows as two days seemed to work on the last few tours. I'm always a bit concerned with these breaks because I fear that they are not able to get in full tour mode at that pace. Imagine Keith who really needs a few shows to get well into groove, I hope he can make it with breaks of 3 - 6 days in between.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:28

The guys are not getting any younger. This is why longer breaks are needed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:32

The US Tour 2019 is made up by large capacity stadiums and there is a lot of cost and crowds involved. I think it is smart of them to add an extra day so that every band member may rest and be more prepared for each show. So the new coincept of four days between shows makes sense. Less risk for fatigue, more chance for success of the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 14:40

Topi
The guys are not getting any younger. This is why longer breaks are needed.

This, in a nutshell. If Bjornulf's dates turn out to be exactly correct (and he's usually pretty close), the shortest gap between shows on this upcoming tour will be 4 days. 16 shows too - 2 more than usual.

And may I add my thanks to Bjornulf for his efforts.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:12

Many thanks Bjornulf for all your efforts in keeping everyone up to date smiling smiley

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:12

€ days between shows might be an insurance thing. More time to recover from things that 2-3 days could be a stretch for. Plus logistics, less presure etc. Anything that keeps the boys on the road longer is cool with me :-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:17

If you add up the crowd size values, it comes to 1.02 million. That's a lot of people, a lot of tickets, a lot of revenue ... they're earning more in their 'retirement' than they ever probably did in their earlier 'working lives' !! Ironic ... grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:19

MisterDDDD
RoughJusticeOnYa
Kurt
I hope they don’t overuse that hideous flag logo...
are those stripes green?!

Yep, they are! a.o green of envy that we in Europe had PiT, and GA, and Lucky Dips, and more reasonable prices, and two B&L tracks each nite... grinning smiley

**DISCLAIMER** just toying with ya, guys - remember: you'll get 2 new songs!! (If they really finished two by then,that is.) smoking smiley

Oh yeah????
Well... we'll have Lucky Dips, and ..
probably more Lucky Dips, and.. Seats, and probably even more seats.. Soooo there >grinning smiley<

(so glad I made the trip over there, y'all had a way better setup)

Making the trip over, Filip?

Depending on what will finally be confirmed (places ànd dates): we might, Mike.

my Wife Petra (you haven't met her; she couldn't make it to Cardiff, due to professional circumstances) is a life-long aficionado of the great-great city of New York (she's been there more than a dozen times already... about 5 or 6 times together with me); and it 's been a phantasy of ours to go a see the Stones in 'the Big Apple'.

But, as it stands nów, the New Orleans Jazz Fest looks even more thrilling - if that one comes through, it sure as 'Voodoo' will be thàt one.
(Might work out smoothly; 'cause May 1 is a national holiday ion our part of the world... and the follow-up dates 2 & 3 are mostly used by employer to grant their employees an extra long weekend. So we're actually looking at 5 days vacation at hand - short but feasable for a powerful 'blitz' to Louisiana back & forth.

Mind you: all thàt is depending on the actual 'price tag' (all-in) as well...

So you see: the jury is still out.

But I'll let you know for sure!

Date: November 19, 2018 15:20

Seeing as I'll be giving USA 2019 a big miss, I'm more curious now to see 'where & what' in 2020. Well, I think we already know the 'what' (it'll invariably be NO FILTER Part IV with no format changes from 2017/2018/2019) ... but the question will be: the 'where' ?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:25

stereomanic
I'm ready to fly from the UK to the States for this. Need the official dates then I'll book my flight.

Looking at going to Boston but hotel prices don't seem too cheap. Might have to opt for a hostel...

Anyone know how easy it will be after the show to get back to Boston itself? Will they put on buses or other methods of transport?

The Train (MBTA) usually runs extra trains to/from Boston & Foxboro for big events.

[www.mbta.com]

there's also Trailways bus:

[webstore.trailways.com]

there are some hostels in Boston:

[www.hostelworld.com]

there are also hotels closer to Foxboro which might be cheaper than staying in Boston itself....but, you might need a car. Do a basic search for "Hotels near Foxboro" and see what you can find.

You might be better off renting a car and staying in someplace like Plymouth or Cape Cod and making a weekend at the beach out of it. Plymouth is only like 20 min. to Foxboro and the Cape is like 1 hour, depending where you stay.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:32

bv
The US Tour 2019 is made up by large capacity stadiums and there is a lot of cost and crowds involved. I think it is smart of them to add an extra day so that every band member may rest and be more prepared for each show. So the new coincept of four days between shows makes sense. Less risk for fatigue, more chance for success of the tour.

Makes a lot of sense and also reminds all that, despite Mick's slim and time-baffling figure, these men are 75 years old! thanks bv for your work and feed of info

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 15:44

paulywaul
Seeing as I'll be giving USA 2019 a big miss, I'm more curious now to see 'where & what' in 2020. Well, I think we already know the 'what' (it'll invariably be NO FILTER Part IV with no format changes from 2017/2018/2019) ... but the question will be: the 'where' ?

2020 Asia Pacific has to be a good bet. Or alternatively South America.

Health permitting, I think there's a good chance they'll hang on and bow out in their home city of London with a 60th anniversary show, perhaps even on the very day of it.

I'm surprised you're giving this US Tour a body swerve. You must be confident they'll be back closer to home at some point winking smiley ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 15:44 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:00

I remember now, I think I noticed at some of the no filter 2018 shows that Micks voice was partly gone at the last few songs. When I was at the Prague, Berlin and Warsaw concerts I took notice of it and did a quick look at some videos from other shows where the problem was the same. Maybe Mick having to save his voice too much is the reason for longer breaks.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:01

2020 Asia, South Africa and Oceania likely in February...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:10

RoughJusticeOnYa

Depending on what will finally be confirmed (places ànd dates): we might, Mike.

my Wife Petra (you haven't met her; she couldn't make it to Cardiff, due to professional circumstances) is a life-long aficionado of the great-great city of New York (she's been there more than a dozen times already... about 5 or 6 times together with me); and it 's been a phantasy of ours to go a see the Stones in 'the Big Apple'.

But, as it stands nów, the New Orleans Jazz Fest looks even more thrilling - if that one comes through, it sure as 'Voodoo' will be thàt one.
(Might work out smoothly; 'cause May 1 is a national holiday ion our part of the world... and the follow-up dates 2 & 3 are mostly used by employer to grant their employees an extra long weekend. So we're actually looking at 5 days vacation at hand - short but feasable for a powerful 'blitz' to Louisiana back & forth.

Mind you: all thàt is depending on the actual 'price tag' (all-in) as well...

So you see: the jury is still out.

But I'll let you know for sure!

My wife, daughter and I will be using our vacation for the New York show!!

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make the first show due to school and work conflicts, and we will likely have to wait until second show's official announcement to book air etc.

Jazz Fest, I believe is for certain, but I'm betting we won't get the details (or possibly even the announcement) until next month when they announce their schedule.. Hope I'm wrong on that.
I'm also waiting for the actual price tag (and logistical details) for the JF, but combined with all the great music the rest of the festival weekend, and the rest of New Orleans entertainment.. it makes it the destination of the tour, no doubt.
Hope to see you at one of the locales if it works out!

Date: November 19, 2018 16:26

Whoopieeee

Got Rooms reserved in Houston , Denver and Chicago

Houston and Denver great price...and Chicago not all that bad

All close to the Stadiums!

Date: November 19, 2018 16:42

grzegorz67
paulywaul

2020 Asia Pacific has to be a good bet. Or alternatively South America.

Health permitting, I think there's a good chance they'll hang on and bow out in their home city of London with a 60th anniversary show, perhaps even on the very day of it.

I'm surprised you're giving this US Tour a body swerve. You must be confident they'll be back closer to home at some point winking smiley ??

I'm not. 3 NO FILTER shows in Europe 2017, 7 NO FILTER shows in UK/Europe 2018, and in years gone by - seen them in the legendary MSG, upstate NY, Giants Stadium, Philadelphia, went to the three 2012 shows in NYC/New Jersey (Barclay Centre and Prudential Centre) ... etc. The locations for the upcoming 2019 excursion really hold no great interest for me, as these days I like to combine Stones' shows with good ole fashioned tourism. I simply don't want/need to be a tourist in any of the stops on this particular tour, that's all. No offence to the cities in question, but they're just not for me ....

No, not at all. At their age, I think it's inappropriate to be 'confident' about anything at all, it would be unrealistic not to think that (heaven forbid) it could possibly all end abruptly and at any time. We all hope it doesn't of course, but hey ... lets get real ! But assuming it doesn't, and they do indeed do something or other in 2020, I'll see where it is before deciding .... only hope it's somewhere I've not been to and that holds some appeal as a 'travel destination'.

As for a '60th in London' ... well that would be an absolute triumph, and would possibly (if they can hang on and if they were to actually do it) be 'their very own finest hour' - to quote Winston !

THAT ... no-one in their right mind should miss out on !

Time will tell ...

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:43

stickyfingers101
stereomanic

The Train (MBTA) usually runs extra trains to/from Boston & Foxboro for big events.

[www.mbta.com]

[webstore.trailways.com]

[www.hostelworld.com]

there are also hotels closer to Foxboro which might be cheaper than staying in Boston itself....but, you might need a car. Do a basic search for "Hotels near Foxboro" and see what you can find.

You might be better off renting a car and staying in someplace like Plymouth or Cape Cod and making a weekend at the beach out of it. Plymouth is only like 20 min. to Foxboro and the Cape is like 1 hour, depending where you stay.

Amazing thanks for the info and the links! Hostels seem like the way forward if im going alone.

Posted by: thistrain ()
Date: November 19, 2018 16:50

jumpontopofmebaby
Whoopieeee

Great deal! Can I asked where you reserved a room at for Houston and how much? I heard the hotels near the venue weren't too good. Thanks.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:07

10 different hotels bookedsmiling smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:14

paulywaul

I don't know about 2 years time. Look at their ages. Also health. For me I see them each tour as it could be the last time, oh no oh no.

Date: November 19, 2018 17:28

thistrain
jumpontopofmebaby
Whoopieeee

Great deal! Can I asked where you reserved a room at for Houston and how much? I heard the hotels near the venue weren't too good. Thanks.

Spring Hill Suites
1400 Old Spanish Trail
Houston

It is maybe 2 blocks from the stadium

Not sure exact price I use Marriott Points.

Looks like less than $200 with advance purchase now

Was cheaper earlier this morning

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:32

Great to see all the dates up! In for Rose Bowl. Denver and Chicago tour closer. Quite possibly Jazz Fest if I can get some buddies to rally.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 19, 2018 17:45

Not a fan of Levi stadium, so I was eyeing N.O. and Jazzfest, but living in Oakland, Ca. i'll stay and use the extra cash to UPGRADE our seating!!! We'll be fine. RAWK!!! P.S. bringing the kids ages 11 and 14.

Date: November 19, 2018 17:50

stereomanic
stickyfingers101
stereomanic

[www.mbta.com]

[webstore.trailways.com]

[www.hostelworld.com]

Amazing thanks for the info and the links! Hostels seem like the way forward if im going alone.

you might also want to try some Air Bn'B options.

Note: I would NOT recommend renting a car if you are staying in Boston. It is THE WORST city in the world to drive in/to/from....THE WORST. So, if you get a car, I would stay closer to Foxboro (or enjoy beautiful Cape Cod). You can do a day-trip into Boston.

You've been warned!!!

Date: November 19, 2018 18:00

stickyfingers101
stereomanic
stickyfingers101
stereomanic

[www.mbta.com]

[webstore.trailways.com]

[www.hostelworld.com]

you might also want to try some Air Bn'B options.

Note: I would NOT recommend renting a car if you are staying in Boston. It is THE WORST city in the world to drive in/to/from....THE WORST. So, if you get a car, I would stay closer to Foxboro (or enjoy beautiful Cape Cod). You can do a day-trip into Boston.

You've been warned!!!

Follow up: Driving into/out of Boston can be more tolerable on weekends...so, this might work IF the concert ends up being on Saturday, June 8.

Driving into/out of Boston any weekday averages (literally) like 10mph (appprox. 12kmph)...it's horrible.

if you don't know your way around, driving around IN Boston is difficult any day of the week.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2018 18:01

With the Levi Stadium date looks like I will need to change my flight back from London. My week of music will be Monday, Wednesday and Thursday Eric Clapton at Royal Albert Hall, Stones in Santa Clara on Saturday.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 19, 2018 18:03

Maybe it's already discussed it, but is there already any info about Lucky Dip tickets for the 2019 tour?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 78 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home