Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 18, 2018 09:14

daspyknows
Hairball
Jeter1984
I've bought VIP no problem to several shows and also used Stub Hub. If you wait until closer to the show, prices on Stub Hub drop and you have a lot of choice. For 50 and Counting, I bought one VIP Pit ticket on TM and one on Stub Hub for half the price. The ticket from Stub Hub said 'comp' and when I got to the Pit the security asked how I scored it. Clearly from the band.

For Zip Code, I used only StubHub for got 2 rows from the stage right beside the catwalk in Milwaukee and Buffalo.

Very wise.

And in many/most (if not all) cases, there will be massive price drops of entire sections officially. And if that doesn't do the trick, more Lucky Dips will be added as was the case in Europe recently.

I remember my sister paying a hefty price for tix in lower loge during 50 and Counting, and not long after that the prices dropped quite a bit in her entire section - didn't have the heart to tell her and she enjoyed the show. And Desert Trip - the massive discounting and dumping of unsold tickets - first being offered via Costco, and ultimately on stubhub for 75% off official face value. And the lone two arena shows of *Vegas '16 which would have sold out quickly in the old days - not in this case. Well before the first show cancellation, entire sections were having official price drops for both shows. And after the cancellation of the first show, stubhub was offering tix at a fraction of the price.

Best to be patient, and while it's tempting to get caught up in the excitement of the initial pre-sales, etc. if you can wait it out while the "flex pricing" runs it's course you'll probably get very lucky - especially in massive stadiums, and extra especially in cities that have two shows. That being said, hard to turn down Lucky Dips at $75, and they're good to have as inurance to get in the show in case it truly "sells out", but everyone knows by now that will probably never happen. And if you're truly lucky w/lucky dips, you just might end up with great seats.

Since I am taping as you know, I am very picky on the specific seats. I will buy as soon as I can for the right seats but if it is not possible will wait it out. Since I am open to which shows I hit I will just play it all by ear. For the Zipcode tour I had a prime seat in San Jose, but for Oakland ended up doing the LD route and was in the last row on the side. Sound was awful but recording actually better.

Are u taping video?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2018 10:41

Looked it up. Back on Zip Code, the announcement was made on March 31 and the tickets - to all dates - went on sale April 13 with an Amex presale on April 8.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 12:10 by Topi.

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:07

Any updates about Phoenix and Seattle dates??

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:14

El Mocambo's new owner "hoping" Rolling Stones return for grand opening in 2019

Wekerle would love the Stones — rumoured to be touring on this side of the pond in spring of 2019 — to return for the grand opening and has travelled far to make that request.

“I’m hoping and crossing my fingers,” he said. “I’ve reached out to their management team when I was in Prague to go see them.”

[torontosun.com]

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:22

Dan
Also print at home is being rapidly phased out in favor of "Go Mobile" or maybe charge you an extra $5 to mail you hard tickets.

That's @#$%& up. I'll be coming from Europe and don't even know if my mobile will work in the US (it didn't in England!)...also, how many people are going to show up and their batteries are dead? Mobile phones are the worst route they could choose; the day I can't print my ticket at home is the day I stop going to concerts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:48

CenturyLink Field Seattle will most probably be Wed May 22.

Soldier Field Chicago will probably be like the NJ double dates, with one show announced first, then the other one going on sale next, dates probably June 21 and 25.

Bjornulf

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:07

Wonder will Denver be May 18 or 26.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:09

FrogSugar
Dan
Also print at home is being rapidly phased out in favor of "Go Mobile" or maybe charge you an extra $5 to mail you hard tickets.

That's @#$%& up. I'll be coming from Europe and don't even know if my mobile will work in the US (it didn't in England!)...also, how many people are going to show up and their batteries are dead? Mobile phones are the worst route they could choose; the day I can't print my ticket at home is the day I stop going to concerts.

Take a picture of your ticket on your phone. It works just the same. I do this for boarding passes too.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:18

bv
CenturyLink Field Seattle will most probably be Wed May 22.

Soldier Field Chicago will probably be like the NJ double dates, with one show announced first, then the other one going on sale next, dates probably June 21 and 25.
there is a country music festival June 21st half mile away I can't see them playing when that is going on I'd say the 20th and 24th.i was hoping u would know dates on Chicago already bv..thanks for your hard work regardless

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:23

If they played on the 20th that would only give them 2 full days off after Metlife. Not saying it's impossible, but the breaks seem to be at least 3 full days this time.

Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:24

Topi
If they played on the 20th that would only give them 2 full days off after Metlife. Not saying it's impossible, but the breaks seem to be at least 3 full days this time.
maybe first show will be 24th then..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:30

Whoo whoo!!...
Been a while for Seattle! (2006)

Will be very nice to drive home after a show again.
My son also manages at a great bar/restaurant very close to the venue! Gonna put the word in when he visits this week to see about a pre-show hangout spot..

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:31

Topi
I sure hope they'd stagger the sales and not put every show on sale once. In Europe this year and last year, different countries at least had different on-sale dates or times which made things a bit easier. Can't remember what they did with ZipCode back in 2015.

At least with the size of the U.S., with shows going on sale normally at 10am local time, this will make it a bit easier for those looking to go to multiple shows in different time zones.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: November 18, 2018 15:52

potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43
none of these shows will sell out

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Oh they will call it a sell out but it will not be full. 2015 is proof
So you are staying home and saving your money ??

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 18, 2018 16:15

Correct time:
It seems like there will be a tour announcement tomorrow Monday at 3pm EST i.e. 9pm = 21:00 central European time, 8pm UK, noon pacific us time
Quote from bv.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 18, 2018 16:22

MrMibbs
potus43
JumpinJeppeFlash
potus43
none of these shows will sell out

Most of them will for sure but it will probably take some time.

They are still the greatest rock n roll band in the world and still make many people happy, enough to sell out huge stadiums.

Oh they will call it a sell out but it will not be full. 2015 is proof
So you are staying home and saving your money ??

No ... Potus will be going to MSG.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 17:21 by corriecas.

Date: November 18, 2018 16:57

babyblue
Wonder will Denver be May 18 or 26.

Denver is after Seattle

Bjornulf

Date: November 18, 2018 17:00

I don't understand why hotel prices are so high in Chicago. Not just on the show days June 21 and 25, but all of that week, and the week before. Same with Philadelphia, which is THE city with the most astronomous hotel prices during the Stones tour, if you ignore Pasadena, always expensive, I suppose.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:07

bv
I don't understand why hotel prices are so high in Chicago. Not just on the show days June 21 and 25, but all of that week, and the week before. Same with Philadelphia, which is THE city with the most astronomous hotel prices during the Stones tour, if you ignore Pasadena, always expensive, I suppose.

Maybe there are other concerts or sports events on there at the same time. Perhaps some locals can tell us?

It was a huge problem in Dublin in May when there were 3 Ed Sheeran shows on the same week as the Stones and accomodation prices went through the roof.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:08

Well, I am late to this party... How come it is all happening so quickly? Just spent all day reserving hotel rooms cool smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:11

FrogSugar
Dan

There have been sporadic problems with the system not working and hundreds of fans still outside when the show begins (it was rolled out incrementally in smaller markets the past few years) but Ticketmaster decided to forge ahead. A big difference from financial crisis time when they were begging people to see top acts for $20, now it's if you want to see your favorite band, you are going to pay through the nose and you are going to do it our way.

Now Avett Brothers at Red Rocks, a flash seats only venue, are offering collectible tickets (not valid for entry) for an additional $10.

At the Nick Cave show I was inside with an unused ticket and I just gave it to a random person on the Facebook event page who was ripped off by a Nigerian scammer by taking a screenshot in the Ticketmaster app and sending it thru Facebook. It worked.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:14

Chris Fountain
mitchrambler
Looks like 1st show of Chicago is probably gonna be June 21st or 22nd,which is the wknd..alot of hotels already sold out on those dates

Is it possible that the Hotel situation is Baseball related as well? That weekend the Cubs are home playing the Mets. The Cub following is passionate and may have fans from same region. They may try to catch both the Cubs and Stones. I can hear a dedicated regional Cubs fan now, that may not be an actual Stones fan. "Hey the Stones will be in Chicago same weekend we play the stinking Mets. Let's do both!"

Also weekend clashes with Lake Shake (Country Music Festival - 3- Day event in same area) as reported in thread and verified by Google.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:28

live in Sarasota...may have to drive over to Miami for the show....unless they're headed to Tampa?....opening in Miami is cool though.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: November 18, 2018 17:28

Probably many factors, not the least of which is that it's the start of summer.

Both O'Hare and Midway report some of their busiest days are in June.

Date: November 18, 2018 17:39

This is happening now because the tour was finalized recently. Then they need to distribute marketing material and include more people into the loop. Then they started to place tongue teasers in stadiums a week ago, that was the start of their marketing plan.

Already then quite a few people had the tour info locally, each city have their own insiders and rumours. As more and more rumours are coming out it is easier and easier to sort out false and good rumours.

Also it is easier to see the pattern of one show every four days when there are more than just a few known dates confirmed by some cities, it is like a puzzle, when ther are just 5-6 pieces missing, it is easier to finish the puzzle.

Bjornulf

Date: November 18, 2018 17:50

Denver still has fairly reasonable hotel rates for the weekend of May 25th.
Booked a great refundable rate for Saturday thru Tues.. (through Hotels dot com)

They play Seattle on Wed. the 22nd, I'm thinking the Denver show will likely fall on the following Sat.(26th) or Sun.
Booked an extra day in case it's on the Monday.

It's also a long weekend (Memorial Day) that weekend, booking before the official announcement will likely pay off for this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 17:57 by MisterDDDD.

Date: November 18, 2018 17:55

syrel
Well, I am late to this party... How come it is all happening so quickly? Just spent all day reserving hotel rooms cool smiley

Great to hear you'll be making the trip over syrel!
You were SO helpful with travel tips in the UK, would be happy to return the favor if any assistance needed. What shows you planning on??

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:09

bv
This is happening now because the tour was finalized recently.

Also it is easier to see the pattern of one show every four days when there are more than just a few known dates confirmed by some cities, it is like a puzzle, when ther are just 5-6 pieces missing, it is easier to finish the puzzle.

Thank you for everything...I appreciate you.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:10

babyblue
daspyknows
Hairball
Jeter1984
I've bought VIP no problem to several shows and also used Stub Hub. If you wait until closer to the show, prices on Stub Hub drop and you have a lot of choice. For 50 and Counting, I bought one VIP Pit ticket on TM and one on Stub Hub for half the price. The ticket from Stub Hub said 'comp' and when I got to the Pit the security asked how I scored it. Clearly from the band.

For Zip Code, I used only StubHub for got 2 rows from the stage right beside the catwalk in Milwaukee and Buffalo.

Very wise.

And in many/most (if not all) cases, there will be massive price drops of entire sections officially. And if that doesn't do the trick, more Lucky Dips will be added as was the case in Europe recently.

I remember my sister paying a hefty price for tix in lower loge during 50 and Counting, and not long after that the prices dropped quite a bit in her entire section - didn't have the heart to tell her and she enjoyed the show. And Desert Trip - the massive discounting and dumping of unsold tickets - first being offered via Costco, and ultimately on stubhub for 75% off official face value. And the lone two arena shows of *Vegas '16 which would have sold out quickly in the old days - not in this case. Well before the first show cancellation, entire sections were having official price drops for both shows. And after the cancellation of the first show, stubhub was offering tix at a fraction of the price.

Best to be patient, and while it's tempting to get caught up in the excitement of the initial pre-sales, etc. if you can wait it out while the "flex pricing" runs it's course you'll probably get very lucky - especially in massive stadiums, and extra especially in cities that have two shows. That being said, hard to turn down Lucky Dips at $75, and they're good to have as inurance to get in the show in case it truly "sells out", but everyone knows by now that will probably never happen. And if you're truly lucky w/lucky dips, you just might end up with great seats.

Since I am taping as you know, I am very picky on the specific seats. I will buy as soon as I can for the right seats but if it is not possible will wait it out. Since I am open to which shows I hit I will just play it all by ear. For the Zipcode tour I had a prime seat in San Jose, but for Oakland ended up doing the LD route and was in the last row on the side. Sound was awful but recording actually better.

Are u taping video?

Nope high quality audio. Not the phone crap that seems to pass for audio these days. Something like this. Weekend 2 of Desert Trip recorded from the back of the pit.

[spaces.hightail.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 18:16 by daspyknows.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:20

DeanGoodman
Kennedy

You’ll want to connect your eyebrows with a sharpie if you stay in Glendale.

Ouch! A little Armenian humor. I quite like the town myself. It's clean, which is more than can be said for the rest of Los Angeles. A lot of Armenian restaurants, obviously, as well as Persian and Middle East. It's also home to the Alex Theatre, subject of a Seinfeld episode. With Uber to the Rose Bowl at about $20 each way, it could be a worthwhile option.

Yes, in seriousness Glendale is actually quite a good option. Given its proximity to the Rose Bowl, it’s as convenient as anything in East Pas. No shortage of awesome restaurants. Porto’s (Cuban Bakery) is worth the visit alone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home