Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 80 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2019
Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:34

A Saturday show at Foxborough. Tailgating here we come...

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:37

timbernardis
35love
syrel
For those local to California... What is Santa Clara like? When I travel, I rely on public tansport (even in the US!). If I spend 3 days in Santa Clara, would I be able to get anywhere? Is there anything worth seeing? Or is it just big suburban sprawl with nothing for a carless visitor?

thanks

syrel

You could easily take BART which is our underground train
to San Francisco, Santa Clara itself is next to the city San Jose.
Lots to do in the Bay Area.

Actually, BART does not go all the way to Santa Clara from SF. You will have to connect with a commuter train. But yes, u can get around the entire Bay Area via public transit though it may not be as efficient as, say, Paris or London.

plexi

As plexi advised BART does NOT run to Santa Clara. For that you need Cal Train.

Here is the link to the Cal Train site.

[www.caltrain.com]

There is a separate system that runs from the Cal Train Santa Clara station to Levi's

[www.capitolcorridor.org]

I have no experience using these systems during big events.

There may be some special shuttle buses running from SF to Levi's for the concert.

I would highly recommend you stay in San Francisco and not Santa Clara, although if you can find a room near Levi's for the night of the show that might good. In San Francisco of course many sights to visit and decent transportation to get around without a car.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 19:40 by coloradocanyons.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:38

dougingb
mitchrambler
kovach
Any suggestions for a safe hotel near soldier field?

I booked something on the Magnificant Mile but that's certainly not within walking distance which would be ideal.
I booked Marriott Marquis on south prarie .08 mile to stadium

The Hilton Chicago on Michigan Avenue is about a mile from Soldier Field.

[www3.hilton.com]

My room is booked there for both shows smiling smiley

Date: November 19, 2018 19:40

35love
sarahunwin
MisterDDDD
35love
Rolling Stones Rolling Stones
2 Cali shows 2 Saturday’s 2 weekends in May
hot smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
You doing three shows, sarah??
Whoo whoo whoo.. cool smiley

At least three, but possibly 4-6 - depends on how much it costs me to get in the first few rows!!!!!

Oh Sarah Sarah is my name too 3-4 you are Sarah the rail queen !

Tru dat - but there won't be a rail in the USA so I am screwed trying to extricate myself from the rip off Ticketmaster packages to get in the first few rows - that's why I may only be able to go to 3 shows - if only I were rich!!!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:47

grzegorz67
The Sicilian
bv
Dates addet to the IORR list of rumoured tour dates:

NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
State Farm Stadium (University of Phoenix Stadium), Glendale AZ (near Phoenix)
Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Broncos Stadium at Mile High, Denver, CO
FedExField, Landover MD (near Washington DC)

The list is complete.
Total of 16 shows, one show every four days normally.
A break of one week between the two California shows in Pasadena and Santa Clara.

[iorr.org]

Wow! No Toronto, or NYC. If it's not MSG, then it's not NYC. Which might mean that there may be a fall arena tour.

No it doesn't. It's 1 tour a year nowadays. This is your chance. These guys are not young.

I see a high probability of a small fall indoor tour.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:52

Thanks to those who have replied about Santa Clara. Have a hotel booked near the venue for the show, but looks like I should San Francisco beforehand rather than spend more time in SC.

syrel

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2018 19:59

The Sicilian

Wow! No Toronto, or NYC. If it's not MSG, then it's not NYC. Which might mean that there may be a fall arena tour.

This is a stadium tour. Also, Metlife Stadium a.k.a. Giants Stadium is just half an hour by a short bus ride from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on 41th st right in Manhattan NYC. Just Hudson River separating these places, it can't get muchg closer. Also, I don't think everyone in NYC lives in Manhattan...

Bjornulf

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:00

The Sicilian
grzegorz67
The Sicilian
bv
Dates addet to the IORR list of rumoured tour dates:

NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
State Farm Stadium (University of Phoenix Stadium), Glendale AZ (near Phoenix)
Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Broncos Stadium at Mile High, Denver, CO
FedExField, Landover MD (near Washington DC)

The list is complete.
Total of 16 shows, one show every four days normally.
A break of one week between the two California shows in Pasadena and Santa Clara.

[iorr.org]

No it doesn't. It's 1 tour a year nowadays. This is your chance. These guys are not young.

I see a high probability of a small fall indoor tour.

Sounds like the line from the movie Dumb and Dumber "You mean I have a Chance?" You might be right. The over/under is 1 show. I'll take the under.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:02

I skimmed and really out of place but Paul (y Wauly)
I saw you San Diego airport 2015 you actually sang to me
‘need salvation once in awhile’
Come to Northern CA
Tour the Pacific Ocean in dark blue strength
We welcome you fellow Stones freak
:-)

Date: November 19, 2018 20:03

syrel
Thanks to those who have replied about Santa Clara. Have a hotel booked near the venue for the show, but looks like I should San Francisco beforehand rather than spend more time in SC.

syrel

Yes!!!

Posted by: rara ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:03

Irix
Topi

Anybody figure out how to listen to iHeart radio stations outside North America?

Works for me via an US-Elite-Proxy: [www.ProxyNova.com] , [PremProxy.com] . Just insert the IP-Address/Port of the Proxy into the LAN-Settings of your Browser or Network.

iHeartRadio Lone Star 92.5 - Mon, 19-11-2018, 2pm (Dallas, TX) - [www.iHeart.com] - [iorr.org] .

You can listen to the station outside the US using this link: [radiostationusa.fm]

Date: November 19, 2018 20:04

35love
I skimmed and really out of place but Paul (y Wauly)
I saw you San Diego airport 2015 you actually sang to me
‘need salvation once in awhile’
Come to Northern CA
Tour the Pacific Ocean in dark blue strength
We welcome you fellow Stones freak
:-)

We will miss you Paulywauly!!! Is Beast making the journey?

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:07

There's a week off between the rumored Pasadena and Santa Clara dates. Wonder if they have another small gig in the works?

Date: November 19, 2018 20:11

Javadave
There's a week off between the rumored Pasadena and Santa Clara dates. Wonder if they have another small gig in the works?

Normally there is a (resting) break in the middle of the tour.

Bjornulf

Date: November 19, 2018 20:12

Not sure how urgent getting tickets will be the day they go on sale.

The Zip code tour Dallas was a hard ticket to get.

Nashville and Kansas City had great seats lots of them just a few days before the show.

I also looked at Atlanta and Columbus Ohio and they also had great seats a few days before.

I think Miami might be a hard one to grab. Not sure about Houston.

I am going to be patient I think there will lots of great seats to be had if you watch closely.

They play the now you see them now you don't ...oh wait there they are again ticket games to create urgency. But there will be good tickets if you keep an eye out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 20:13 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:14

bv
The Sicilian

This is a stadium tour. Also, Metlife Stadium a.k.a. Giants Stadium is just half an hour by a short bus ride from the Port Authority Bus Terminal on 41th st right in Manhattan NYC. Just Hudson River separating these places, it can't get muchg closer. Also, I don't think everyone in NYC lives in Manhattan...

I understand the logistics of site, but the stadium is in New Jersey, not NY. I just see a huge opening in the fall for some major markets while the equipment is still in the USA. Venues such as: MSG, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville, St. Louis, etc...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:20

Kurt
I hope they don’t overuse that hideous flag logo...
are those stripes green?!

Haha...yes Exorcist green...could be worse (bright nauseous yellow for instance)

I kind of like it! winking smiley

Dates are sealed, and deals are almost done.thumbs up
Phoenix....Pasadena...Santa Clara....

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:29

coloradocanyons
timbernardis
35love
syrel
For those local to California... What is Santa Clara like? When I travel, I rely on public tansport (even in the US!). If I spend 3 days in Santa Clara, would I be able to get anywhere? Is there anything worth seeing? Or is it just big suburban sprawl with nothing for a carless visitor?

thanks

syrel

You could easily take BART which is our underground train
to San Francisco, Santa Clara itself is next to the city San Jose.
Lots to do in the Bay Area.

Actually, BART does not go all the way to Santa Clara from SF. You will have to connect with a commuter train. But yes, u can get around the entire Bay Area via public transit though it may not be as efficient as, say, Paris or London.

plexi

As plexi advised BART does NOT run to Santa Clara. For that you need Cal Train.

Here is the link to the Cal Train site.

[www.caltrain.com]

There is a separate system that runs from the Cal Train Santa Clara station to Levi's

[www.capitolcorridor.org]

I have no experience using these systems during big events.

There may be some special shuttle buses running from SF to Levi's for the concert.

I would highly recommend you stay in San Francisco and not Santa Clara, although if you can find a room near Levi's for the night of the show that might good. In San Francisco of course many sights to visit and decent transportation to get around without a car.

There is a joint-ticket with caltrain and VTA so you only have to buy it once and can get on both to get to Levis. Its usually no waiting getting there but a 20 minute or so wait to get on a VTA after games. Caltrain is usually a fun atmosphere going to games or concerts, they allow alcohol before 9pm. Take a bullet train if you're coming from the city otherwise it's over an hour just to the VTA transfer in Mountain View.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:36

[www.ridecabin.com]

Something to consider for those planning on both the Pasadena and Santa Clara shows if you won't be driving from one location to the other.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:37

Hairball
Kurt
I hope they don’t overuse that hideous flag logo...
are those stripes green?!

Haha...yes Exorcist green...could be worse (bright nauseous yellow for instance)

I kind of like it! winking smiley

Dates are sealed, and deals are almost done.thumbs up
Phoenix....Pasadena...Santa Clara....

thumbs up
Miami...Santa Clara...Denver...Chicago lining up nicely so far for me!
cool smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:39

Pasadena, Santa Clara and one more TBD......probably New Orleans

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:43

Made hotel reservations for Pasadena and Santa Clara hotels today, waiting until after official news today to make plane reservations from San Diego to San Jose. Hoping that there will be a shuttle for Rose Bowl from Pasadena as rumored. Would be fun to get together with other IORRs beforehand. Too bad about AZ being in the middle of the week, too many complications to get to that one, etc etc. May should be cool in the evening.

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:46

thanks BV for everything you do. I will be flying to New Orleans and the Rose Bowl and then sleeping in my bed for my 2 hometown shows of Chicago to finish off the tour. Cannot wait, cheers everyone, happy Monday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 20:47 by 1985jayer.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:46

Where can we follow the announchment from the Netherlands/Europe?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:50

Listen to Q104.3 at [www.cxradio.com.br] at 21:00 Central European Time.

Posted by: thistrain ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:56

jumpontopofmebaby
thistrain
jumpontopofmebaby
Whoopieeee

Got Rooms reserved in Houston , Denver and Chicago

Houston and Denver great price...and Chicago not all that bad

All close to the Stadiums!
Great deal! Can I asked where you reserved a room at for Houston and how much? I heard the hotels near the venue weren't too good. Thanks.

Spring Hill Suites
1400 Old Spanish Trail
Houston

It is maybe 2 blocks from the stadium

Not sure exact price I use Marriott Points.

Looks like less than $200 with advance purchase now

Was cheaper earlier this morning
Thank you very much!

Date: November 19, 2018 20:57

The Sicilian
bv
The Sicilian

I understand the logistics of site, but the stadium is in New Jersey, not NY. I just see a huge opening in the fall for some major markets while the equipment is still in the USA. Venues such as: MSG, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville, St. Louis, etc...

There is a huge opening fall, winter, spring, supper every year for more Stones shows in Europe, Japan, Australia, South America, North America. Still, normally, from history 2012 - 2018, the Stones do approx 14 shows and one tour per year.

So unless they break the pattern, the 2019 tour, next year, will be the tour they do next year. Then of course, if they get bored of their wifes, and Ronne don't want to see his twins grow up at home, and Charle loves to be in hotel rooms more than at home, and Keith do want to tour all year, and Mick do not fancy any personal projects for a change, there might happen a miracle.

Never say never, but don't count on it. This might be the last tour in USA, and we are still five months away from it happening. So why talk about the tour after the next tour even half a year before the next tour is happening? I don't understand why I nede to say this. It is like saying to people this is the last train. And they just ignore it. Then there will not me any more trains for a while. And unlike trains, which tend to go and go, day by day, the Stones won't last forever, unfortunately.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 20:59

Duplicate post deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-19 21:05 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:02

I'm torn between Chicago shows. Friday is easier to get off but Tuesday is the last night of the tour! Probably not going to be able to do both.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 19, 2018 21:05

But ":both" is the correct answer!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182Next
Current Page: 80 of 82

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home