Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Date: February 16, 2018 16:18

Gazza
Healy52003
a worry id have would be all dates except Dublin will be announced on the 26th Feb with Dublin possibly being annonced at a later date due to the licence issue

What to do take a gamble and organise a trip to the uk or wait for a dublin date tba ???

Dublin would be suite me way way more tbh

Youre worrying over nothing. Theres nothing to gamble. You'll easily get a face value ticket for any stadium show, regardless of whether its advertised as 'sold out' or not.

If youre thinking about going to GB for a show and might change your mind, just book a fully refundable hotel room.

i agree, however the hotels are allready expensive, minimum 400euro for 2 nights for a decent hotel. I booked the Dean (2 nights) and the Maldron (1 night). Depending on my plans i am pretty flexable now.

It is a bit of a difficould thing because the price of one overseas show with 2 persons (500 hotel, 300 flights, 400 tickets, 300 food and drinks) is half of the price i paid for 3 europe shows in 2017 including all costs (one time a hotel).

Also be prepared for not the best show on opening nights (althought the setlist tension might be worth it)

So i am waiting for all the dates and then deciding my plan. Best would be a affordable Edinburgh show and one mainland show.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 16:51

hopefully we will all have a bit of breathing space in the next 10 or so days when the dates are confirmed

only going to do 1 concert and will be my first time seeing the band.
number 1 is Dublin, 2 is Manchester and 3 is Cardiff or Southampton. Rumoured dates for London don't suite me at all

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 16, 2018 16:58

Healy52003
hopefully we will all have a bit of breathing space in the next 10 or so days when the dates are confirmed

number 1 is Dublin, 2 is Manchester and 3 is Cardiff or Southampton. Rumoured dates for London don't suite me at all

You will enjoy it !!
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 16, 2018 17:39

Healy52003

The first time I watched them play I also already had a ticket for the next show and thought I would watch them and then maybe sell my ticket for the next show.
Within 5 seconds of them hitting the stage I knew I would be going to see them at every opportunity I had in the future.

Nate

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2018 18:50

I have been told the Old Trafford stadium shows in Manchester might be set for Sat Jun 2 and Tue Jun 5. See the updated IORR tour list:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 16, 2018 18:57

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
While I struck out every time I tried (2 x nosebleeds, 1 x no luck getting a pair at all), and my sister also ended up with nosebleeds the one time she tried, a friend of mine - Gaff who occasionally posts here (and shiddoobee)- did get pit for one of the Staples Center shows...or maybe it was Vegas. I think he took his young son for his first Stones show, and they had the time of their lives. Being that he's a pretty good photographer, he took some great pics! Also have read here quite a few who ended up being very lucky with their tickets, but a majority have seemingly been poor. Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

Lucky Dips for Anaheim 1 landed us fifth row side stage on Ronnie's side. For Anaheim 2 we scored Pit. Vegas was midway up side stage Ronnie's side, while LA1 and LA2 landed us in the rafters.

Haha thanks Gaff for clarification - was going off memory. On average you did very well considering others like myself who got burned every time (but nothing a bit of manuevering couldn't take care of winking smiley ).
The Pit for Anaheim2 alone made all the other gambles worthwhile for you!!! Aside from LA1 (I was in Hawaii), we attended all of the same shows that tour...but didn't you also go to Staples III?

Staples 3! Yeah man I was backstage for that one!

smileys with beer

You've elevated your status nicely vs. the days of old and slumming it with the rest of us lowly riff raff. winking smiley

Salt Of The Earth taught me to never forget the common folk! ;-)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:08

Only able to be away for two weeks starting mid June and am really hopeful to catch three shows- four if I'm extremely fortunate. Hopeful the Twick dates hold up as that would be a relatively easy two and as they appear to be headed to Marseille directly from there; Where they play directly ahead of the Twick gigs is becoming hugely important if I'm going to be able to hit more..

Of the potential sites rumored so far, there was one mentioned in this article about the Cardiff site that I hadn't heard discussed yet..

"It is believed the band are lining up the UK tour with early rumours suggesting the dates could include gigs in Dublin, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, and London.

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Birmingham? Has that been discussed?
Not sure, but the more rumored sites the better..cool smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:16

Please Birmingham.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:19

BV has not put Cardiff as rumoured - can we expect this soon?

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:32

With No Filter Tour Stones hinted on their social media about something goin on one week before announcement. Right now they are sharing some pictures from Hamburg etc. on Facebook. So its one week to official announcement? grinning smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 16, 2018 19:42

bv
I have been told the Old Trafford stadium shows in Manchester might be set for Sat Jun 2 and Tue Jun 5. See the updated IORR tour list:

[iorr.org]

Thank you Bjornulf, you must be wildly busy with this tour unfolding. Appreciate the info.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:02

Rollin92
BV has not put Cardiff as rumoured - can we expect this soon?

[dai.ly]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:02

PaintMonkeyManBlack
zgredzik
PaintMonkeyManBlack, something was said about Warsaw again?
Sandy Beach has proved to be reliable.

I'm assuming they would tack on Warsaw and a few other cities immediatly after the UK.
Then a quick trip down under in November, followed by a return to the US in Spring '19 to coincide with the new album. thumbs up

Date: February 16, 2018 20:13

zgredzik
With No Filter Tour Stones hinted on their social media about something goin on one week before announcement. Right now they are sharing some pictures from Hamburg etc. on Facebook. So its one week to official announcement? grinning smiley

10 days, I believe..

Date: February 16, 2018 20:16

Hairball
PaintMonkeyManBlack
zgredzik
PaintMonkeyManBlack, something was said about Warsaw again?
Sandy Beach has proved to be reliable.

I'm assuming they would tack on Warsaw and a few other cities immediatly after the UK.
Then a quick trip down under in November, followed by a return to the US in Spring '19 to coincide with the new album. thumbs up

The down under-"rumour" came from the least trustworthy source in the world (Cashmere)...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:37

GAFF
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
While I struck out every time I tried (2 x nosebleeds, 1 x no luck getting a pair at all), and my sister also ended up with nosebleeds the one time she tried, a friend of mine - Gaff who occasionally posts here (and shiddoobee)- did get pit for one of the Staples Center shows...or maybe it was Vegas. I think he took his young son for his first Stones show, and they had the time of their lives. Being that he's a pretty good photographer, he took some great pics! Also have read here quite a few who ended up being very lucky with their tickets, but a majority have seemingly been poor. Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

Lucky Dips for Anaheim 1 landed us fifth row side stage on Ronnie's side. For Anaheim 2 we scored Pit. Vegas was midway up side stage Ronnie's side, while LA1 and LA2 landed us in the rafters.

Haha thanks Gaff for clarification - was going off memory. On average you did very well considering others like myself who got burned every time (but nothing a bit of manuevering couldn't take care of winking smiley ).
The Pit for Anaheim2 alone made all the other gambles worthwhile for you!!! Aside from LA1 (I was in Hawaii), we attended all of the same shows that tour...but didn't you also go to Staples III?

Staples 3! Yeah man I was backstage for that one!

smileys with beer

You've elevated your status nicely vs. the days of old and slumming it with the rest of us lowly riff raff. winking smiley

Salt Of The Earth taught me to never forget the common folk! ;-)

Very wise as it's the common folk who make the world go round. thumbs up
But now I'm curious..how did you manage to get backstage?

Were you invited after they saw your awesome photos?
Was it part of a VIP package?
Did you sneak in back there? winking smiley

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:42

So if the opening is 17th May (Dublin) and they do a gig every 4 days (give or take) then Southampton, Edinburgh and ONE MORE would fit before Manchester on the 2nd June...

Then we have a 2 week gap at the minute between the 2nd Manchester (5th June) and the 1st London (19th June) so there could perhaps be room for 3 MORE gigs in those 2 weeks...

So that's a potential 4 gigs not on the rumoured list so far.

Maybe one will be Cardiff then maybe there could be 3 more... North-east (Newcastle), Northern Ireland, Midlands? OR do people think the stones will take a longer break between some gigs?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:50

GJB
So if the opening is 17th May (Dublin) and they do a gig every 4 days (give or take) then Southampton, Edinburgh and ONE MORE would fit before Manchester on the 2nd June...

Then we have a 2 week gap at the minute between the 2nd Manchester (5th June) and the 1st London (19th June) so there could perhaps be room for 3 MORE gigs in those 2 weeks...

Maybe one will be Cardiff then maybe there could be 3 more... North-east (Newcastle), Northern Ireland, Midlands? OR do people think the stones will take a longer break between some gigs?

I still think 8 or 10 stadium gigs in UK/Ireland would be probably too many, unless the prices are much lower than last year.
What about using the "gap" for rumoured continental dates like Warsaw, Berlin, Stuttgart, Marseille? London ist already the final stop perhaps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 20:54 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:52

Great news if Manchester falls on a Saturday, could make it a weekend trip with max 1 off day needed. Hotels/apartments near Old Trafford being booked up as we speak!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 20:52 by Topi.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:22

Topi
Great news if Manchester falls on a Saturday, could make it a weekend trip with max 1 off day needed. Hotels/apartments near Old Trafford being booked up as we speak!

Better to book hotels by Old Trafford or near the city centre? Is there much around the Old Trafford area besides the stadium? We have one hotel held near the stadium and another in the centre. Thanks in advance.

Date: February 16, 2018 21:22

Monsoon Ragoon
GJB

I still think 8 or 10 stadium gigs in UK/Ireland would be probably too many, unless the prices are much lower than last year.
What about using the "gap" for rumoured continental dates like Warsaw, Berlin, Stuttgart, Marseille? London ist already the final stop perhaps.

The rumored Marseille date has been June 26th, perhaps making it the last stop(?)
[www.leprogres.fr]
"Olympique Lyonnais was hoping to see the Rolling Stones perform at Groupama Stadium on. But the plan failed. "We were really hoping but we were competing with another French stadium made on a PPP (public-private partnership) model. We were more demanding, and we did not get it"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 21:29 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:25

MisterDDDD
Monsoon Ragoon
GJB

The rumored Marseille date has been June 26th, perhaps making it the last stop(?)
www.leprogres.fr

rather unlikely, I'd say. I don't think it makes sense to leave the UK between the shows in Manchester and Twickenham to do 2-3 shows in Europe, than do Twickenham and return to Europe to play just one more show in Southern France

Date: February 16, 2018 21:33

Couldn't have messed my last cut/past/translate post any more if I tried..

Seems like a pretty solid rumor for the 26th.. but I hope not as well as I wouldn't be able to make it..

"Olympique Lyonnais was hoping to see the Rolling Stones perform at Groupama Stadium on June 26th. But the plan failed. "We were really hoping but we were competing with another French stadium made on a PPP (public-private partnership) model. We were more demanding, and we did not get it. After we will have two semi-finals of Top 14, and France-USA will be a match of a tone higher than a traditional concert. At this time we will take the opportunity to remake the lawn, "says Jean-Michel Aulas. It is the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille that would have won the piece. Decidedly, Marseille has a tendency to double Lyon right now."

[www.leprogres.fr]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:34

Have they ever played Nottingham?? What about Isle of Man?

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:48

booked the ibis budget hotel Salford quays for tues 5th June. £44

free cancellation anyway

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:00

Healy52003
booked the ibis budget hotel Salford quays for tues 5th June. £44

free cancellation anyway

I did the same June 1 through June 6

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:01

Staying Central Manchester. Plenty of transport links to and from Old Trafford . Booked both dates, cancellable of course !

sc uk

Date: February 16, 2018 22:08

GJB

I like how you think. Any clues why you think southampton first and them edinburgh? And what would be the most likely date for edinburgh then? 22/23/24?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 22:09 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: February 16, 2018 22:16

Just booked pendulum hotel 1-3june manchester. Keepimg options open. Cheap flights, never seen the city and would love to see old trafford. Good option.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:19

Has there been any reliable speculation about whether we are talking about Old Trafford football or cricket ground? To me, the cricket ground makes more sense (although Lancs have a home match starting 9th June).

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home