Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:42

Kerryann
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]

This changes everything. Wasn't sure about making another expensive trip to UK this year after Europe just a few months ago. Might have to give the UK tour a miss in the hope this rumour comes off.

ah, good old Paul Cashmere. The guy who broke the world exclusive news about ten years ago that Charlie had left the band, and still insisted he would be proved right even after the Stones issued a press release to say it was nonsense.

Date: February 16, 2018 11:46

LOL, Cashmere, a legend! grinning smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:47

Gazza
Kerryann
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]

This changes everything. Wasn't sure about making another expensive trip to UK this year after Europe just a few months ago. Might have to give the UK tour a miss in the hope this rumour comes off.

ah, good old Paul Cashmere. The guy who broke the world exclusive news about ten years ago that Charlie had left the band, and still insisted he would be proved right even after the Stones issued a press release to say it was nonsense.

*You are good Mr. Gazza, drinking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:52

When have they ever actually played where Exhibitionism was up?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:53

Some rumours here are simply not to be trusted.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:19

bv

I hope that doesn't refer to Cardiff?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:23

bv

It ain't gonna be a UK tour? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:31

Topi
When have they ever actually played where Exhibitionism was up?

Two events are completely unrelated other than that they are both RS "events"
My guess would be that Australia and NZ has seen the last of the Rolling Stones

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:40

bv
European rumours about Poland or Australia rumours? Please be more exact smiling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:47

Kaleo is a possibility as an opening band again for May as they have a tour ending in march and resuming in June. They were a great band in my opinion, hope they come back!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 16, 2018 12:56

Buddy Guy would be great to open for the Stones.
Jeroen.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 13:09

bv

Can you comment on Poland or mainland Europe shows? Poland rumours are very, very solid this time incl. date booked at the stadium and confirmation from the industry people.

Australian tour won´t happen this year guys, Exhibitionism has nothing to do with the tour. Stones will just do 14-15 shows on one continent, as usual.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 13:15

Wickerman, which date is rumored for Warsaw?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 13:23 by Topi.

Date: February 16, 2018 13:15

Dont know how likely this is, but heard last night that Snow Patrol are being mentioned as an opening act for Dublin.

They do have a new album out the following week plus a few festival appearances from late May onwards so I guess its not implausible, even if theyre a big enough act in Ireland to be playing large scale venues in their own right.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 13:22

Topi
Wickerman, what date is rumored for Warsaw?

No exact date specified or at least leaked, just late June / early July.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 16, 2018 13:34

corriecas
Buddy Guy would be great to open for the Stones.
Jeroen.

Yes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out thumbs up

Nate

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 13:55

Doc
Tour announcement supposed to take place on Feb 26.
1 possible concert in France (Marseille)

it will be so annoying if they don't announce the full tour at once. Not fair on fans wanting to plan

hopefully the Dublin licence will be sorted by then

Date: February 16, 2018 14:03

Healy52003
Doc

it will be so annoying if they don't announce the full tour at once. Not fair on fans wanting to plan

Its not a case of it not being 'fair'. Different shows in different countries have different promoters and there's the added complication of requiring licenses for each outdoor concert. The applications arent all going to come through at once.

Plus its impractical to announce more shows than there is demand for. They'll have options on additional shows if there is. Cancelling shows because not enough people have bought tickets is a lot more unpleasant.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:12

Cardiff announcement soon:

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:19

Gazza
Healy52003
Doc

Its not a case of it not being 'fair'. Different shows in different countries have different promoters and there's the added complication of requiring licenses for each outdoor concert. The applications arent all going to come through at once.

Plus its impractical to announce more shows than there is demand for. They'll have options on additional shows if there is. Cancelling shows because not enough people have bought tickets is a lot more unpleasant.

Always looks better - and makes more news - to add a show rather than cancel. Look at the way they handled the Paris dates last Oct

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:22

Gazza
Healy52003
Doc

But that's what they did e.g. in France 98, Germany 06/07 to name some extreme examples. Nowadays the Stones people are a lot more professional.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:27

Doc

too early for me. As I mentioned before: because of reasons to complicated to explain I don't want tickets to go on sale before March 16th… (I just can't make any plans prior to this date)

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:22

Feb 26? it's "only" 10 more days...
If the rumoured dates are correct I will probably be in Dublin and the 23 june Twickenham show :-)

See some of you soon on the road! thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:26

This is all sounding good. If the rumours come to fruition, there will be 4 shows within 70-80 miles of where I live - Cardiff, Southampton & Twickenham x 2. Happy days smileys with beer Definitely want to go to Dublin though if I can get a ticket as opening nights are always special. Usually a more adventurous setlist but often combined with a slightly wobbly performance winking smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 15:37

a worry id have would be all dates except Dublin will be announced on the 26th Feb with Dublin possibly being annonced at a later date due to the licence issue

What to do take a gamble and organise a trip to the uk or wait for a dublin date tba ???

Dublin would be suite me way way more tbh

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 15:53

Healy52003
a worry id have would be all dates except Dublin will be announced on the 26th Feb with Dublin possibly being annonced at a later date due to the licence issue

What to do take a gamble and organise a trip to the uk or wait for a dublin date tba ???

My concern about Dublin is not so much getting a ticket but Accomodation. With Ed Sheeran in town the same week, the extra pressure on a city of half a million or so will be vast! I might have to persuade my mate from Belfast, who'll probably attend the show with me to drive down and we can then get a place out of town somewhere. Small cities always struggle with a vast influx of tourists, my own national capital (Edinburgh) being similar around the fringe festival time. You're obviously fine coming in from Wexford.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:04

Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
Healy52003
Doc

But that's what they did e.g. in France 98, Germany 06/07 to name some extreme examples. Nowadays the Stones people are a lot more professional.

Theyve certainly cancelled PLANS to play other shows since then due to slower than anticipated sales. The 2013 US tour was supposed to end with three shows in Philly but as sales were slow in the two that they put on sale first, they played Washington DC instead of adding a third night.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:06

grzegorz67
Healy52003

My concern about Dublin is not so much getting a ticket but Accomodation. With Ed Sheeran in town the same week, the extra pressure on a city of half a million or so will be vast! I might have to persuade my mate from Belfast, who'll probably attend the show with me to drive down and we can then get a place out of town somewhere. Small cities always struggle with a vast influx of tourists, my own national capital (Edinburgh) being similar around the fringe festival time. You're obviously fine coming in from Wexford.

There'll almost certainly be travel companies/record shops organising day trips from Northern Ireland by coach (or possibly train) enabling concertgoers to return home the same night.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:09

Healy52003

Youre worrying over nothing. Theres nothing to gamble. You'll easily get a face value ticket for any stadium show, regardless of whether its advertised as 'sold out' or not.

If youre thinking about going to GB for a show and might change your mind, just book a fully refundable hotel room.

To be honest, I dont think they'll announce a tour until the Dublin issue is resolved - because thats the opening show of the tour and its therefore going to be a more high profile announcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 16:11 by Gazza.

Date: February 16, 2018 16:14

grzegorz67
Healy52003

may i suggest looking for hotels outside of Dublin

Meath, Kildare and Wicklow are very near Dublin with many buses going to and from there

Try Citywest hotel and Green isle hotels (about 40 mins away from Dublin city centre and the last time there was a suttle bus into Croke Park for Bruce Springsteen from the citywest hotel )

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home