Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:21

two nights in Manchester would be fabulous - first time i can drive home in 45 minutes since Sheffield in 2006. Also booked a (cancellable) travelodge for Twickenham Saturday night (can hopefully swing an overnight with work on the Tue...)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:51

syrel
Has there been any reliable speculation about whether we are talking about Old Trafford football or cricket ground? To me, the cricket ground makes more sense (although Lancs have a home match starting 9th June).

syrel

The football stadium, i.e. not Cricket ground.

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2018 22:53

I'd love to hear something (more) about shows in continental Europe…

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 16, 2018 23:12

I think what I might do is stay at my daughters in Stoke on Trent may/June time.
So I travel from home in Windsor to Stoke in my car, and do the Trafford gig.
Then hopefully if there's any more dates in the midlands I be in a good position to attend.
Then drop down to Cardiff for the stadium show,
Then back home to Windsor.
I will as usual buy my tickets on the day of each show about an hour before the gig.
Just take a load of dosh, and get a good deal, it's worked well for me in the past.
It's gonna be like old times again, just now waiting on the tour to be announced.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 23:12

hooked
Topi
Great news if Manchester falls on a Saturday, could make it a weekend trip with max 1 off day needed. Hotels/apartments near Old Trafford being booked up as we speak!

Better to book hotels by Old Trafford or near the city centre? Is there much around the Old Trafford area besides the stadium? We have one hotel held near the stadium and another in the centre. Thanks in advance.

I for one prefer not having to take transit after a show and staying as close to the venue as possible. This also helps with lining up on show day if needed. That being said I've never been to Manchester so no idea of the different areas.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2018 23:13

hooked
Topi
Great news if Manchester falls on a Saturday, could make it a weekend trip with max 1 off day needed. Hotels/apartments near Old Trafford being booked up as we speak!

Better to book hotels by Old Trafford or near the city centre? Is there much around the Old Trafford area besides the stadium? We have one hotel held near the stadium and another in the centre. Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend staying in the city centre instead unless youre just going to be in Manchester on the night of the show.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 16, 2018 23:16

Gazza
hooked
Topi

I'd recommend staying in the city centre instead unless youre just going to be in Manchester on the night of the show.

Thanks Gazza - btw, I'm friends with Marisa Alberti. We met before one of the O2 shows in 2007. Hope to see you on tour this year!

Date: February 16, 2018 23:21

bv
I have been told the Old Trafford stadium shows in Manchester might be set for Sat Jun 2 and Tue Jun 5. See the updated IORR tour list:

[iorr.org]

Thanks. Thats interesting as for a two-night stand in a stadium its more common to sell the weekday show first (as its a harder sell) and then add the extra 'weekend' night.

This would suggest to me they're going to confirm both Manchester shows at the same time.

Date: February 16, 2018 23:28

hooked
Gazza
hooked
Topi

Thanks Gazza - btw, I'm friends with Marisa Alberti. We met before one of the O2 shows in 2007. Hope to see you on tour this year!

Ah yes indeed! My New York 'host' for the 2002 and 2006 NYC shows. I dont see her on facebook much. Lovely girl. Tell her I said hi.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:09

bv
Some rumours here are simply not to be trusted.

Thank you BV, back to searching out the best airline deals to UK

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:19

Any rumors as to where/when the IORR Band will play? lol I happen to be in Dublin in April and prob won’t go back in May. But before an UK show...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:22

2120Joe
Any rumors as to where/when the IORR Band will play? lol I happen to be in Dublin in April and prob won’t go back in May. But before an UK show...

I believe they are due to hit the stage about an hour after the Stones finish their support set.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:29

Nate
2120Joe

I believe they are due to hit the stage about an hour after the Stones finish their support set.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Ya, wondering the same.smiling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 17, 2018 00:34

Decided to wait for ticket sales to see where/ if I can land another show. Meanwhile, the ‘No Filter’ S sleeveless T from the RS store is on the way
Happy weekend smoking smiley Stones fans

Posted by: martin0113 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 01:01

Etihad Stadium
Manchester City FC
June 2nd
June 5th

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 17, 2018 01:04

Etihad ? When did that change ?

sc uk

Date: February 17, 2018 01:20

straycatuk
Etihad ? When did that change ?

sc uk

Sounds like City are outbidding everyone again! grinning smiley

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 17, 2018 02:26

Is anyone familiar with the location of Malmaison Hotel in Manchester? Suggestions about ways to get to the venue would be appreciated!

Date: February 17, 2018 02:41

steffialicia
Is anyone familiar with the location of Malmaison Hotel in Manchester? Suggestions about ways to get to the venue would be appreciated!

it's directly across from Piccadilly (main rail station in manchester) with fast/frequent trams to old trafford (10-15 minutes). If the venue turns out to be Etihad (see above post) you're a 20 minute walk away from Malmaison

Date: February 17, 2018 02:42

steffialicia

Slap gap in the centre, next to Manchester Piccadilly station so easy access to various forms of public transport.

Google maps will help get you from your hotel of choice to the venue.

Date: February 17, 2018 02:47

Gazza
steffialicia

Slap gap in the centre, next to Manchester Piccadilly station so easy access to various forms of public transport.

Google maps will help get you from your hotel of choice to the venue.

Tram map [tfgm.com]
Nice hotel too

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 17, 2018 08:11

Booked a flight to Manchester. 1 show. 30€. Worth the gamble

Date: February 17, 2018 08:21

30 € is worth the gamble, you can barely get two beers for that at a Stones show!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 17, 2018 09:30

Harm
Booked a flight to Manchester. 1 show. 30€. Worth the gamble

I’ll show you around Harm! I live by the airport.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 17, 2018 09:32

2120Joe

There are some rumors this band will play in London in june.
Only rumors.... nothing sure yet.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 11:47

Marseilles now 'officially' rumoured on the tour section of IORR! Date should be 26th June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 11:51 by jackflash27.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 12:08

Still no Cardiff - perhaps it is one of the untrustworthy rumours BV spoke of?

Date: February 17, 2018 12:31

Cardiff is mentioned in the press so I wouldn't rule it out yet. Local media talking about a show is usually a good sign it will happen - not a guarantee, of course.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:16

It sounds strange that the UK tour ends in France .... but everything can be smiling smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:23

Stone601
It sounds strange that the UK tour ends in France .... but everything can be smiling smiley

and it's not even Calais…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 13:25 by slewan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2179
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home