Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:04

Who the f**k does 'outdoors' in Ireland in May ? Lunatics, that's who !

Cold n' wet ... no bloody thanks !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:13

paulywaul

The weather will be grand and it won't be cold

saw Bruce Springsteen outdoors in May 2016 and the weather was good

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:17

Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
While I struck out every time I tried (2 x nosebleeds, 1 x no luck getting a pair at all), and my sister also ended up with nosebleeds the one time she tried, a friend of mine - Gaff who occasionally posts here (and shiddoobee)- did get pit for one of the Staples Center shows...or maybe it was Vegas. I think he took his young son for his first Stones show, and they had the time of their lives. Being that he's a pretty good photographer, he took some great pics! Also have read here quite a few who ended up being very lucky with their tickets, but a majority have seemingly been poor. Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

Lucky Dips for Anaheim 1 landed us fifth row side stage on Ronnie's side. For Anaheim 2 we scored Pit. Vegas was midway up side stage Ronnie's side, while LA1 and LA2 landed us in the rafters.

Haha thanks Gaff for clarification - was going off memory. On average you did very well considering others like myself who got burned every time (but nothing a bit of manuevering couldn't take care of winking smiley ).
The Pit for Anaheim2 alone made all the other gambles worthwhile for you!!! Aside from LA1 (I was in Hawaii), we attended all of the same shows that tour...but didn't you also go to Staples III?

Staples 3! Yeah man I was backstage for that one!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:18

Healy52003
paulywaul

I presume you’re Irish? Accomodation in Dublin seems to be being booked up already around the rumoured gig date so the plans are clearly common knowledge!

Date: February 15, 2018 23:31

grzegorz67
Healy52003
paulywaul

I presume you’re Irish? Accomodation in Dublin seems to be being booked up already around the rumoured gig date so the plans are clearly common knowledge!

yeah I'm Irish and a lot of places seem to be booked up for the 17th May. I live in Waterford about 2 hours away from Dublin so will get the bus up and down on the day

there's a tram called the Luas which can get u around Dublin city very easy plus there's lots of taxis and busses too. Croke Park is easily accessible and you can walk there from O Connell street (main street in Dublin city)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:31

The fact that accommodation in Dublin is heavily booked/expensive that week has to do with the three Ed Sheeran shows as well, I guess. Or at least that doesn't exactly help us Stones fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 23:31 by Topi.

Date: February 15, 2018 23:35

Topi
The fact that accommodation in Dublin is heavily booked/expensive that week has to do with the three Ed Sheeran shows as well, I guess. Or at least that doesn't exactly help us Stones fans.

I would say not...and to make matters worst you will have to hang out with ED Sheeran fans!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:43

jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

I would say not...and to make matters worst you will have to hang out with ED Sheeran fans!

Why not? They are mainly 20-year-old chicks... drinking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 15, 2018 23:56

TooTough
jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

Why not? They are mainly 20-year-old chicks... drinking smiley

Yes but their taste in music doesn't bode well for their other attributes.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 16, 2018 00:23

an ed Sheeran appearance perhaps ?

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 16, 2018 00:27

Healy52003
an ed Sheeran appearance perhaps ?

Not again, please.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 16, 2018 00:32

jumpontopofmebaby
Topi

I would say not...and to make matters worse you will have to hang out with ED Sheeran fans!

grinning smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: February 16, 2018 00:36

I was booked over a month ago, or thought I was, to do a hike in May - The Wicklow Way - starting in Dublin. No wonder the adventure tour operator hasn’t got back to me with accommodation details (I’ve had one message - “we are working on it”) - I’ve been scuppered by Ed Sheeran!

Wait a minute, just checked my hiking details. Stay overnight in Dublin May 22nd, start hike from Dublin May 23rd. Still no accommodation booking confirmation. Blame it on The Stones (sorry Ed). I will not start the hike if they play May 23rd, must see show and get those Lucky Dip things if available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 07:02 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 16, 2018 00:49

grzegorz67
geordiestone
35love
corriecas
Topi
Somebody on Rocksoff.org found this photo on Twitter.

Leak? Fake?

I think a fan made it.its nice though.
Jeroen

It is nice (to whomever made it) I copied it.
The RS aren’t the only ones selling tickets.
If The Stones used that they would alienate a huge proportion of this country let alone Manchester City and Liverpool fans. A lot of people including myself can't abide Man U, so to see my favourite bands logo integrated with their badge? No thanks, If a fan made it for themselves and other Man U fans then cool but please don't tell me this is real.

Apparently Sunderland turned them down. If that show had gone ahead, would it have put Magpie Stones fans off attending grinning smiley ?
It would definitely be very strange entering enemy territory to watch something entertaining. It would be a first for the Mackems since Oasis played there 2009.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:26

geordiestone
grzegorz67
geordiestone
35love
corriecas
Topi
Somebody on Rocksoff.org found this photo on Twitter.

Leak? Fake?

I think a fan made it.its nice though.
Jeroen

It is nice (to whomever made it) I copied it.
The RS aren’t the only ones selling tickets.
If The Stones used that they would alienate a huge proportion of this country let alone Manchester City and Liverpool fans. A lot of people including myself can't abide Man U, so to see my favourite bands logo integrated with their badge? No thanks, If a fan made it for themselves and other Man U fans then cool but please don't tell me this is real.

Apparently Sunderland turned them down. If that show had gone ahead, would it have put Magpie Stones fans off attending grinning smiley ?
It would definitely be very strange entering enemy territory to watch something entertaining. It would be a first for the Mackems since Oasis played there 2009.

***Hey the Paris soccer team was licensed ‘No Filter’ and made $290. sweatshirts.
No-one was complaining then (not sure if any sold/ speciality shop) but it was legit RS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 01:27 by 35love.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:40

paulywaul
Gazza
slewan
Dublin – I still think it's stupid to play an open air show in Ireland in May – historical average temperatures for Dublin in mid May are between 6°C (low) and 15°C (high) and an average of 12 rainy days. It was cold enough in Hamburg and Munich in September…

Like I said earlier in this thread, Ive been to about ten outdoor shows in Dublin in May.

And I dont recall an unpleasant experience weather-wise at any of them.

Lying toe-rag .... you froze your Northern Irish a** off at all of them !! Confess !! grinning smiley

Us Northerners are just naturally harder than you Souuthern poofters.

Hope to see you at Twickenham, mate. And maybe elsewhere.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:44

Other potential gigs; Cardiff (a dead cert surely), maybe Leeds?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:48

Rollin92
Can’t see Leeds and Manchester - an hour or so drive or train between the two (tho it would be great if they did my house is about halfway between the two!)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:50

From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 16, 2018 01:56

Been struggling to login on here for a while but sorted now (Thanx Bjornulf)
I am the guilty party. It was My dodgy handywork done on MS Paint for a bit of fun. As I said to Bjornulf I work in the live entertainment biz as a lowly chef. I've heard this show is "being worked on" but no more than that as I don't know any Stones guys and girls personally. I am quite hopeful it will happen though.

As a Mancunian I know this. Its VERY unusual for Old Trafford (Football ground) to hold concerts, they really don't like them nor need them. They have not had one there in many years I think the last one they held was Simply Red only cos Hucknell was a big United fan. So it was a big surprise when they made an exception for Billy @#$%& Joel! This might be due to Man City stadium being very busy with gigs. Either way if the Stones were gonna secure a show there this would be the year and would make sense to do it around the time Joel plays as they will have structure in place for them to roll in and set up.

I think the cricket ground is a no go as you cant get too many in there and it is pretty awful that said many big acts like Foo Fighters and Beyoncé and last years huge charity gig were all done there. It is a favoured venue probably cos its a very easy load in/load out.

So to some up If Manchester get the Stones it will most likely be Old Trafford Football ground or City Stadium. Oh and I'm a Real Madrid fan NOT A RED !

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:06

GAFF
Hairball
GAFF
Hairball
While I struck out every time I tried (2 x nosebleeds, 1 x no luck getting a pair at all), and my sister also ended up with nosebleeds the one time she tried, a friend of mine - Gaff who occasionally posts here (and shiddoobee)- did get pit for one of the Staples Center shows...or maybe it was Vegas. I think he took his young son for his first Stones show, and they had the time of their lives. Being that he's a pretty good photographer, he took some great pics! Also have read here quite a few who ended up being very lucky with their tickets, but a majority have seemingly been poor. Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

Lucky Dips for Anaheim 1 landed us fifth row side stage on Ronnie's side. For Anaheim 2 we scored Pit. Vegas was midway up side stage Ronnie's side, while LA1 and LA2 landed us in the rafters.

Haha thanks Gaff for clarification - was going off memory. On average you did very well considering others like myself who got burned every time (but nothing a bit of manuevering couldn't take care of winking smiley ).
The Pit for Anaheim2 alone made all the other gambles worthwhile for you!!! Aside from LA1 (I was in Hawaii), we attended all of the same shows that tour...but didn't you also go to Staples III?

Staples 3! Yeah man I was backstage for that one!

smileys with beer

You've elevated your status nicely vs. the days of old and slumming it with the rest of us lowly riff raff. winking smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:07

Who is Ed Sheeran? Never heard of him and from the sounds of it, maybe I don't want to know.

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:08

bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]
thumbs up

May/June - UK

Aug/ Sept- US

Nov/Dec- Austrailia
winking smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 02:09

kevos
Been struggling to login on here for a while but sorted now (Thanx Bjornulf)
I am the guilty party. It was My dodgy handywork done on MS Paint for a bit of fun. As I said to Bjornulf I work in the live entertainment biz as a lowly chef. I've heard this show is "being worked on" but no more than that as I don't know any Stones guys and girls personally. I am quite hopeful it will happen though.

As a Mancunian I know this. Its VERY unusual for Old Trafford (Football ground) to hold concerts, they really don't like them nor need them. They have not had one there in many years I think the last one they held was Simply Red only cos Hucknell was a big United fan. So it was a big surprise when they made an exception for Billy @#$%& Joel! This might be due to Man City stadium being very busy with gigs. Either way if the Stones were gonna secure a show there this would be the year and would make sense to do it around the time Joel plays as they will have structure in place for them to roll in and set up.

I think the cricket ground is a no go as you cant get too many in there and it is pretty awful that said many big acts like Foo Fighters and Beyoncé and last years huge charity gig were all done there. It is a favoured venue probably cos its a very easy load in/load out.

So to some up If Manchester get the Stones it will most likely be Old Trafford Football ground or City Stadium. Oh and I'm a Real Madrid fan NOT A RED !
Agree with that. Cricket ground is pretty awful for gigs. Saw the one love thing with the kids from the seats (it being shallow stands there aren’t enough of these to sell I reckon) and Radiohead from the pitch (v lacking in atmosphere). Only been to the football ground for one gig, Springsteen from GA standing and was great.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:10

bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

[www.noise11.com]

Wow ... smiling smiley...more new developments in the never ending saga that is the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:10

BV, are any mainland European dates still planned? I am hearing rumours about Polish show all the time... Similar with 2 German dates and 1-2 others... So is it possible that the tour will be half-half between Ireland/UK and mainland Europe?

Date: February 16, 2018 02:11

Travelodge twickenham now booked up for Saturday 23rd. Teddington family rooms still available (just bagged a flexible one for 79 quid)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:26

timbernardis
Who is Ed Sheeran?

One of (if not the) biggest acts in popular music right now. Coming to a stadium near you in 2018.

[www.edsheeran.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 02:31 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:40

Rollin92

As said above, unlikely if theres going to be one (or two) shows in Manchester, which isnt even an hours drive away.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:48

Gazza is that you...............welcome back...........

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2155
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home