Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 16, 2018 02:48

Gazza
Rollin92
Other potential gigs; Cardiff (a dead cert surely), maybe Leeds?

As said above, unlikely if theres going to be one (or two) shows in Manchester, which isnt even an hours drive away.

Which one is unlikely Cardiff, or Leeds?
jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2018 03:30

Leeds

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 16, 2018 03:38

corriecas
Gazza
Rollin92
Other potential gigs; Cardiff (a dead cert surely), maybe Leeds?

As said above, unlikely if theres going to be one (or two) shows in Manchester, which isnt even an hours drive away.

Which one is unlikely Cardiff, or Leeds?
jeroen

I don't think Leeds is a viable option. My guess would be 2/3 shows in the south 1 in Manchester or Cardiff and 1 in Scotland. Possibly with options to add additional shows if they sell out. Gotta bare in mind there is a lot of bands out this year plus hundreds of festivals and Stones are gonna be charging a lot of money so I just don't see them doing a lot of stadium shows. I Hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 16, 2018 04:02

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]

This changes everything. Wasn't sure about making another expensive trip to UK this year after Europe just a few months ago. Might have to give the UK tour a miss in the hope this rumour comes off.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 16, 2018 05:28

yorkshirestone
Travelodge twickenham now booked up for Saturday 23rd. Teddington family rooms still available (just bagged a flexible one for 79 quid)

just tried to reserve a room there on the official Travelodge site and it seems that u have to pay up front now. I thought you could just reserve it now and pay when u get there. There is a 2pm cancellation policy up until the check-in date.

plexi

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 16, 2018 05:40

Kerryann
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
bye bye johnny
From Noise11:

"After Nashville, Exhibitionism will head to Sydney, Australia in November. The Rolling Stones are expected to announce an Australian tour soon for around the same time to coincide with the opening of the exhibition when they are in Sydney for the opening."

[www.noise11.com]

This changes everything. Wasn't sure about making another expensive trip to UK this year after Europe just a few months ago. Might have to give the UK tour a miss in the hope this rumour comes off.

Yes, an interesting tidbit in the press. To shake off ‘this is really the last time’ drama, or is it true plans?
I am waiting for Bjornulf to write his paragraph on ‘see the RS now, if you wait you are really rolling the dice’ LOL
But I have to wonder if some fans will put off UK travel...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 05:41 by 35love.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2018 05:42

timbernardis
yorkshirestone
Travelodge twickenham now booked up for Saturday 23rd. Teddington family rooms still available (just bagged a flexible one for 79 quid)

just tried to reserve a room there on the official Travelodge site and it seems that u have to pay up front now. I thought you could just reserve it now and pay when u get there. There is a 2pm cancellation policy up until the check-in date.

plexi

I paid up front as well..
There will definitely be a rush for refunds if the dates get changed/cancelled.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 16, 2018 06:44

timbernardis
Who is Ed Sheeran? Never heard of him and from the sounds of it, maybe I don't want to know.

plexi

see him play with the Stones here in 2015 (after being the opening act)
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 06:48 by little queenie.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 16, 2018 07:27

Tour announcement supposed to take place on Feb 26.
1 possible concert in France (Marseille)

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2018 08:10

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 08:18

Hey, now we're talking - là, on parle! =)

A Feb 26 announcement would suit me just fine. Getting my yearly bonuses on the 28th. (Or maybe it's the Stones who will "get" them)

Figured they'd announce by the end of February if the tour is to start in Mid-May. Need time to sell tickets. (And really, they are not going to sell out in "minutes" - just like last year they didn't with the prices they were charging)

Of course, the pending license applications might mean that the whole tour is not announced at once, just like it wasn't in 2014?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 08:32 by Topi.

Date: February 16, 2018 09:02

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:15

Good morning WARSAW !

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:22

Looking good for Cardiff - [www.walesonline.co.uk]

As much as I enjoy travelling to see them and visiting new places, still nice (and cheaper) to get on the train after the gig and go back to my own house!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:36

Welsh Stone
Looking good for Cardiff - [www.walesonline.co.uk]

As much as I enjoy travelling to see them and visiting new places, still nice (and cheaper) to get on the train after the gig and go back to my own house!

Indeed (I'm Bristol based). And the whole UK thing is just great... can drive the country in my camper and not need hotels for anywhere other than Dublin. Last year about half of my total costs were on travel and hotels, and when you're spending a lot on travel it makes you (well, me anyway), much less willing to take a risk on LDs. This year, about 90% of costs will be tickets and I can throw in however many extra shows I want and just take a chance on LDs. Looking forward to it. I was convinced that Stockholm 2014 was going to be the last time I ever saw them. I can't believe how many 'bonus' years I/they've been able to wring out.

syrel

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:10

Sandy you made my day.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:19

“Maybe the last time...but I don’t know.” However, I’m rhinking we are very close. With this tour, the circle is complete. Twickenham is so close to where they began. Will there be more? As long as the key four are healthy. Remember all four are in their mid seventies - this lowers the probability as all four must be healthy. If you live realitvly close, go see them. I would think any stones shows after this tour will be the encore. Long live our Rolling Stones!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:28

Healy52003
grzegorz67
Healy52003
paulywaul
Who the f**k does 'outdoors' in Ireland in May ? Lunatics, that's who !

Cold n' wet ... no bloody thanks !!

The weather will be grand and it won't be cold

saw Bruce Springsteen outdoors in May 2016 and the weather was good

I presume you’re Irish? Accomodation in Dublin seems to be being booked up already around the rumoured gig date so the plans are clearly common knowledge!

yeah I'm Irish and a lot of places seem to be booked up for the 17th May. I live in Waterford about 2 hours away from Dublin so will get the bus up and down on the day

there's a tram called the Luas which can get u around Dublin city very easy plus there's lots of taxis and busses too. Croke Park is easily accessible and you can walk there from O Connell street (main street in Dublin city)

I’ve been to Dublin a couple of times in recent years - cracking city. But visits from Ed Sheehan and the Stones the same week is clearly going to put a lot of pressure on the city’s stock of Accomodation. O’Connell Street is s good landmark for getting my bearings in Dublin, especially that giant needle thingy on it that you can see from just about amywhere in the City Centre.

Date: February 16, 2018 10:43

Don't like Warsaw as a city. Dublin is great but hotels are just so expensive there altough i have a one night option at the Maldron. Should have booked earlier.

Hope to hear a rumoured date for Edinburgh fast because that one is on top of my list.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack, something was said about Warsaw again?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:44

Agree with GeordieStone, please do not mix man ure with The Stones, I threw up all my morning coffee on my computer seeing that, although nicely done, mix between man ure and the boys. It would feel very strange to walk in on the pitch at OT and watch and hear my favourite band perform at nme ground...

Please let them play at City of Manchester Stadium (Etihad) instead, the PSG shirts at Champs Elysee last year were rather nice, if there's one team in France I can't stand it's Marseille since the Taupie days. Although IF they do play the Theatre of Dreams maybe they could play some nice Stone Roses tunes before the show...

Come to think about it, the lads haven't played an "nme ground" since 1990 at Stadio delle Alpi 'cept for Djurgårdens Tele2 in 2014 but that is shared with the harmless Hammarby (kinda Stockholm's answer to Palace)... They shall avoid the following: White Heart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield Road, Nou Camp, Juventus stadium etc etc.

Can't wait for the announcements!!!!

smileys with beer

Date: February 16, 2018 10:46

zgredzik

Scroll up to Sandy Beach's post.

Date: February 16, 2018 10:49

zgredzik
Sandy Beach has proved to be reliable.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:53

Cardiff! Speaking of soccer, does anyone remember the old game "Football Manager 2" on the Commodore 64? Usually when you played your first match (you had to work your way up from Division 3 even with Man Utd ), Cardiff were the opponents.

Maybe it's time I visited.

Never been to Warsaw either...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 10:57 by Topi.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:04

great, hope to see or hear some more rumours about Warsaw soon smiling smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:27

Sandy Beach
Good morning WARSAW !

Some good news indeed! I suppose either late June or early July, after the UK leg. The stadium is rumoured to stage Beyonce/Jay-Z on 30th June but nothing confirmed yet.

Date: February 16, 2018 11:30

MadMax
Agree with GeordieStone, please do not mix man ure with The Stones, I threw up all my morning coffee on my computer seeing that, although nicely done, mix between man ure and the boys. It would feel very strange to walk in on the pitch at OT and watch and hear my favourite band perform at nme ground...

Please let them play at City of Manchester Stadium (Etihad) instead, the PSG shirts at Champs Elysee last year were rather nice, if there's one team in France I can't stand it's Marseille since the Taupie days. Although IF they do play the Theatre of Dreams maybe they could play some nice Stone Roses tunes before the show...

Come to think about it, the lads haven't played an "nme ground" since 1990 at Stadio delle Alpi 'cept for Djurgårdens Tele2 in 2014 but that is shared with the harmless Hammarby (kinda Stockholm's answer to Palace)... They shall avoid the following: White Heart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield Road, Nou Camp, Juventus stadium etc etc.

Can't wait for the announcements!!!!

smileys with beer

'Man Ure' - how old are you?! eye rolling smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 11:30

Topi
Cardiff! Speaking of soccer, does anyone remember the old game "Football Manager 2" on the Commodore 64? Usually when you played your first match (you had to work your way up from Division 3 even with Man Utd ), Cardiff were the opponents.

A blast from the past! Had a lot of fun with that game grinning smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:37

the upcoming tour is always the last one... no matter which tour smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-16 11:38 by MononoM.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 16, 2018 11:40

Topi

i want a c64 again smiling smiley i still have my atari 2600 smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home