Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:40

Might not even end in Marseille if the talk about Warsaw late June/early July holds true.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:51

yorkshirestone
steffialicia
Is anyone familiar with the location of Malmaison Hotel in Manchester? Suggestions about ways to get to the venue would be appreciated!

it's directly across from Piccadilly (main rail station in manchester) with fast/frequent trams to old trafford (10-15 minutes). If the venue turns out to be Etihad (see above post) you're a 20 minute walk away from Malmaison

Thank you so much!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:51

Booked hotel in Manchester , just in case for the First Night.
Jeroen

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:53

yorkshirestone
Gazza
steffialicia
Is anyone familiar with the location of Malmaison Hotel in Manchester? Suggestions about ways to get to the venue would be appreciated!

Slap gap in the centre, next to Manchester Piccadilly station so easy access to various forms of public transport.

Google maps will help get you from your hotel of choice to the venue.

Tram map [tfgm.com]
Nice hotel too

Thank you everyone!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 17, 2018 13:59

Rollin92
Still no Cardiff - perhaps it is one of the untrustworthy rumours BV spoke of?

That would be the patently ludicrous Australia story.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 17, 2018 14:21

I am ready....Think the Stones will end the tour in London....In the fall November/December O2 arena multiple night's Theatre show and a club one invite only....Booked for Dublin.....France on the card's and Poland if it happen's....Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 17, 2018 14:41

Stone601
It sounds strange that the UK tour ends in France .... but everything can be smiling smiley

B2B UK tour ended in cologne...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 15:00

Stoneswolf
Stone601
It sounds strange that the UK tour ends in France .... but everything can be smiling smiley

6 shows out of 10 on that tour were outside the UK,Plus the Club show at Shepherd's Bush.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 15:27

I hope they stagger the on sale date for each venue

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 15:41

grzegorz67
Stoneswolf
Stone601

6 shows out of 10 on that tour were outside the UK,Plus the Club show at Shepherd's Bush.

This is true, but I reasoned if this really should be the last tour .... obviously I hope not

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 15:41

I know it's all rumours at the moment, but where did man city ground come into it.

I have just booked a hotel next to old Trafford in which I can cancek.

Date: February 17, 2018 16:14

Rollin92
I hope they stagger the on sale date for each venue

Yeah, would be shite if they put the start of ticketsales of for instance southampton and edinburough at the same date.

well, we will wait for what will happen.

jeroen

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 17, 2018 16:41

I'm thinking if The Stones do take the show to continental Europe after Twickenham, there would probably be a 4-5 day break during the UK dates in mid-June... They haven't done this on every leg since 2012, but there have been longer breaks appear on the schedule more than once.

This could be the key for 2 months or so of activity, counting rehearsals and shows. Early May to early-mid July...

Something to consider, I think.

Looking forward to the prospects!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 16:47

I'm quite stoked about the Southampton rumours. St Mary's stadium is a short walk from my house. It's a small stadium though, so I imagine tickets will be difficult to get.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 17, 2018 17:02

sjs12
I'm quite stoked about the Southampton rumours. St Mary's stadium is a short walk from my house. It's a small stadium though, so I imagine tickets will be difficult to get.

You HAVE to get one. You will smileys with beer. A walk away, imagine that...

Date: February 17, 2018 17:04

sjs12

Yeah, this will be my Numer 1 gig to get tickets for. if i dont manage to get a PIT ticket, hope they do Lucky Dips for this one (and for the other gigs also).

jeroen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 17, 2018 17:26

Would not sweat about getting a ticket to a stadium show. Look at last year. Drops happened all the time.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 17:57

If Warsaw happens, I can imagine that there will be a huge run on the tickets, especially from international fans. Why? The exchange rates for the zloty are very attractive. See for example the Roger Waters concerts in Gdansk. The best tickets in the house (GA1 which is comparable with PIT I think) are 500 zloty (and that's with early entrance). This would be around 120 euro! The PIT tickets for a Stones show will be higher, but I don't expect it will be double as much. This is still a lot of money, but very cheap compared to the prices that PIT tickets will be in the UK. Let's wait and see...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 17, 2018 18:04

jackflash27
If Warsaw happens, I can imagine that there will be a huge run on the tickets, especially from international fans. Why? The exchange rates for the zloty are very attractive. See for example the Roger Waters concerts in Gdansk. The best tickets in the house (GA1 which is comparable with PIT I think) are 500 zloty (and that's with early entrance). This would be around 120 euro! The PIT tickets for a Stones show will be higher, but I don't expect it will be double as much. This is still a lot of money, but very cheap compared to the prices that PIT tickets will be in the UK. Let's wait and see...

I think 120 Euro plus is an extremely (unfair) high price for the Polish people, comparable with 300-400 in Germany.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 17, 2018 18:13

My hope is that they circle back to London and maybe end at the O2 at the beginning of July smiling smiley

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 17, 2018 18:14

I hope that I can buy tickets for Stones in Poland if they will be there. I know that bigger half of tickets will sold out in few minutes by 500zl, and later will be on viagogo for 1500zl. And people from UK etc. will buy them, because still it will be great bargain for you. We don't earn so much here in Poland and for you it will be much cheaper than gig in London for example. Maybe it's a great chance for all of you to come for polish concert, but I think that I bought tickets to Spielberg more easier than I maybe will buy for Rolling Stones in June in Poland. For comparision - Metallica was announced in March 2017, gig will happen in April this year. 13rd months before concert and tickets totally sold out in few minutes. I can't even imagine what will happen in Poland if Stones announce gig here.. I mean - people will be fighting like animals to get tickets grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 18:16 by zgredzik.

Date: February 17, 2018 18:19

zgredzik
I hope that I can buy tickets for Stones in Poland if they will be there. I know that bigger half of tickets will sold out in few minutes by 500zl, and later will be on viagogo for 1500zl. And people from UK etc. will buy them, because still it will be great bargain for you. We don't earn so much here in Poland and for you it will be much cheaper than gig in London for example. Maybe it's a great chance for all of you to come for polish concert, but I think that I bought tickets to Spielberg more easier than I maybe will buy for Rolling Stones in June in Poland. For comparision - Metallica was announced in March 2017, gig will happen in April this year. 13rd months before concert and tickets totally sold out in few minutes. I can't even imagine what will happen in Poland if Stones announce gig here.. I mean - people will be fighting like animals to get tickets grinning smiley

Well, wasn't the show in 2007 visited by only 40.000 people (although they didn't play in Berlin, Prague or Kiev a few days earlier or later)?

Date: February 17, 2018 18:25

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

Well, wasn't the show in 2007 visited by only 40.000 people (although they didn't play in Berlin, Prague or Kiev a few days earlier or later)?
Yes, and it was 11 years ago. People - like me - who was 10-13 years old then and couldn't be there right now don't want to miss this great chance. If you will read posts on social media and how warm Polish people are writing about the Stones you will get it. There is a lot of people, who wanted to be on some of their gigs in 80s-90s but can't be there too. And the prices will be maybe more affordable than in Berlin for example. BTW. gig in Poland in 2007 was because of cancellation of Ukraine show. And it was announced by the last minute. It was the reason of poor sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 18:26 by zgredzik.

Date: February 17, 2018 18:31

zgredzik
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

Yes, and it was 11 years ago. People - like me - who was 10-13 years old then and couldn't be there right now don't want to miss this great chance. If you will read posts on social media and how warm Polish people are writing about the Stones you will get it. There is a lot of people, who wanted to be on some of their gigs in 80s-90s but can't be there too. And the prices will be maybe more affordable than in Berlin for example. BTW. gig in Poland in 2007 was because of cancellation of Ukraine show. And it was announced by the last minute. It was the reason of poor sales.

All true. I wish I had been there, would have been my only show ever with ATPTB and without the horrible SFTD. It's not too far from here (Dresden). But I was in Chorzow.
Only thing I wanted to say is that I doubt they will sell 10.000s of tickets within hours at prices that are probably significantly higher than 2007. The stadium is known for poor acoustics which means many people will remain at home.

Date: February 17, 2018 18:40

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

All true. I wish I had been there, would have been my only show ever with ATPTB and without the horrible SFTD. It's not too far from here (Dresden). But I was in Chorzow.
Only thing I wanted to say is that I doubt they will sell 10.000s of tickets within hours at prices that are probably significantly higher than 2007. The stadium is known for poor acoustics which means many people will remain at home.

In the PIT the sound will be good.
Jeroen

Date: February 17, 2018 18:46

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

Not this time, everyone wants to see "Dinousaurs of Rock N Roll", as polish media and Poles call The Rolling Stones grinning smiley I hope I will get one ticket for me! grinning smiley I bought Lucky Dip for Spielberg and get place high on tribune. But go to GA and had lot of fun. I don't think same thing will happen in Warsaw - only rafter nosebleeds will be available grinning smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 17, 2018 18:46

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik
Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

Concerts of big stars sell very well in Poland, usually at German prices. On one hand it's good because they come here to play. On the other hand there is no reason for promotors to lower the prices.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 17, 2018 18:50

jackflash27

That's not the pit, this is golden circle price and the GC will be at least half of the field, usually it is 2/3 of the field. Yes, Live Nation Poland are pricks. I think this is a casual GC Roger Waters price in Europe. The Stones price will probably be a lot higher

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 17, 2018 19:26

Monday February 26 2018
Official Tour Announcement

(I have this correct?)
On a Monday. Smoke signals from Keiths house? Mick texts an ‘ok’ from the gym?
The conference table at RS headquarters agreeing WTF, let’s do it again?
And Charlie’s so remote and hidden, it takes days and secret messengers for communicating. He really is the smartest one, isn’t he?
Alright, I’ll wait until the 26th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 19:40 by 35love.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 19:38

35love
Monday February 26 2018
Official Tour Announcement

lets hope its the whole tour being announced at once and all rumoured dates are included

Sounding like it will be a continuation of the 2017 No Filter Tour if the stage is set to be the same ????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-17 19:39 by Healy52003.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home