Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:23

timbernardis
I don't off the top of my head but I will look back and check. BTW Hairball, I was also at the MGM Grand show with the $85 tix (the nascent "Lucky Dips") and we were at the exact opposite end of the arena from the stage, and literally about 4 rows from the very top. Wish I had the guts to do what u did. But there 3 of us. But at least we had the guts to steal the vinyl 50 and Counting Merchandise roll up banner after the show. Good, one of a kind piece of Stones memorabilia.

plexi

I edited my previous post with more info - I think they were simply called "lottery" tickets.

As for that MGM show, we might have been pre-show seat neighbors for a few minutes before my friend Mike and I decided to make our escape down to the lower sections!
Nice you were able to get the merch banner - those freebies make for the coolest souvenirs!!! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 02:23 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:36

And that's not the only time we have stolen Stones advertising materials -- in 2006, we stole several of the ABB album placards on display on a roundabout near to and on our way to Twickenham, and in 2007, my wife and daughter arrived late to one of the O2 shows and before entering, first proceeded to peel off one of the huge (8 foot by 24 foot) vinyl billboard banners advertising the shows which was outside the arena. They simply stuffed it into a large shopping bag and brought it into the arena. We carried it home with us on the plane.

plexi

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 02:40 by timbernardis.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:49

timbernardis
One small note -- when "Lucky Dips" first debuted during the US 2013 50 and Counting tour, they were not called that. That particular moniker came later. Plus, the tix at that time were $85, and on later tours, less than that.
plexi

"Special $85 tickets" is how they sold them first go around.. I got fantastic seats.. Ronnie's (and Mick Taylorwinking smiley side).. Few rows up from the floor.

From the stones site:

"As a part of the general on sale, there are a variety of ticket prices including
over a 1,000 tickets per show at $85 (including service charges). Some will be among the best seats in the house in the Tongue Pit, with others spread around the arena. These tickets will be sold as a pair. You will find out your seat location when you pick them up the night of the show. These tickets are exclusively available via www.rollingstones.com/tickets"

They had them come back at least once even then..

$85 TICKETS
Special $85 tickets sold out immediately when they first went on sale. Now fans may have another opportunity to purchase a few additional seats at this price once production is loaded in and availability can be determined. To be part of the special opportunity register now! Be the first to know if these seats will be available for the show in your city. Notification will come the day of the show with sales on a first come basis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2018 03:41

Yeah, that is the way I remember it.

plexi

Date: February 15, 2018 03:59

While I struck out every time I tried (2 x nosebleeds, 1 x no luck getting a pair at all), and my sister also ended up with nosebleeds the one time she tried, a friend of mine - Gaff who occasionally posts here (and shiddoobee)- did get pit for one of the Staples Center shows...or maybe it was Vegas. I think he took his young son for his first Stones show, and they had the time of their lives. Being that he's a pretty good photographer, he took some great pics! Also have read here quite a few who ended up being very lucky with their tickets, but a majority have seemingly been poor. Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 15, 2018 04:10

Enough of this talk of cheap tickets. We travel from New Zealand to see "our boys" every year, and because of the travel costs, we have to make sure we can secure tickets before booking our airfares. Impossible to take advantage of cheap tickets, so get ripped off every time. Cost us $2000 NZ EACH for pit tickets in Amsterdam last year. Gutted that they could be picked up for $80 euro.

Hoping for an official announcement soon, air new zealand have a sale on airfares to UK at the moment.

Date: February 15, 2018 04:27

timbernardis
And that's not the only time we have stolen Stones advertising materials -- in 2006, we stole several of the ABB album placards on display on a roundabout near to and on our way to Twickenham, and in 2007, my wife and daughter arrived late to one of the O2 shows and before entering, first proceeded to peel off one of the huge (8 foot by 24 foot) vinyl billboard banners advertising the shows which was outside the arena. They simply stuffed it into a large shopping bag and brought it into the arena. We carried it home with us on the plane.

plexi

Haha nice thumbs up
Reminds me of being in Stockholm in '03 wandering around town and taking down the heavy cardboard Licks posters that were stapled everywhere . Ended up with a stack of about 10 - all in great condition- and gave a few away to friends who were attending either of those shows. Come to think of it, might have been the first time I met Matt Lee who asked for one! Having been to all three of the shows that week, some of the coolest souvenirs in my collection of freebies!

(image found on google search -not one of my copies)

I also have an identical version for the London shows, as well as a gigantic 40" x 60" subway poster of the same design that someone gave to me as a gift.

Looking forward to seeing the official artwork for the upcoming tour - hopefully it's a step above from the No Filter design.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2018 04:49

Kerryann
Enough of this talk of cheap tickets. We travel from New Zealand to see "our boys" every year, and because of the travel costs, we have to make sure we can secure tickets before booking our airfares. Impossible to take advantage of cheap tickets, so get ripped off every time. Cost us $2000 NZ EACH for pit tickets in Amsterdam last year. Gutted that they could be picked up for $80 euro.

Hoping for an official announcement soon, air new zealand have a sale on airfares to UK at the moment.

With respect, its far from impossible. I know its a long way to come without being sure you'll get the seats you want, but for shows on this scale, no one needs to be paying that much to get good ones. If it was a club show, then fair enough, but not for a stadium show. Maybe not for 'cheap' tickets but you should certainly be able to pick up seats for any show for far less than that.

Date: February 15, 2018 05:48

I'm certainly not interesting in flying halfway around the world to get tickets at the back of GA and Im not a gambler, so not gonna risk it. The shows are fantastic and their time is limited.......and you only live once.....so what the hell, just pay the money and enjoy. No regrets in life, it's for living and enjoying (can't take your money with you). Now to be able to sit down with Keef and enjoy a drink and a yarn with him and I'd really be in heaven. Don't want much eh? smileys with beer

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 06:49

Kerryann
I'm certainly not interesting in flying halfway around the world to get tickets at the back of GA and Im not a gambler, so not gonna risk it. The shows are fantastic and their time is limited.......and you only live once.....so what the hell, just pay the money and enjoy. No regrets in life, it's for living and enjoying (can't take your money with you). Now to be able to sit down with Keef and enjoy a drink and a yarn with him and I'd really be in heaven. Don't want much eh? smileys with beer

Wanted to write a leghty answer about how I bought a regular Amsterdam pit ticket 2 weeks before the show (yes, I also had to fly) since there is absolutely no way I could justify paying for packages (230 Euro is I think insane enough), but really...just three words...First World Problems...we are totally out of perspective. If one can justify payink 2K for a ticket, good for him, but seriously...how many clichés are the in one sentence? "time is limited.......and you only live once.....so what the hell, just pay the money and enjoy. No regrets in life, it's for living and enjoying (can't take your money with you)." If there wasn't something very important missing in our lifes, we wouldn't spend thousands on 2 hours of fun.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 06:54 by Happy24.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:19

Nothing missing in my life, Happy24, thats the whole point.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 15, 2018 07:29

Hairball
Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

I agree with you (and with me!), with the caveat that we are referring to local shows. Not sure we would want to go to the hassle of flying all over the globe just to get un-lucky dips in the back row of a stadium.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:48

DeanGoodman
Hairball
Worth a gamble? Absolutely yes when you consider the overpriced face value of regular tix - at $85 (or $75 now) can't really lose.

I agree with you (and with me!), with the caveat that we are referring to local shows. Not sure we would want to go to the hassle of flying all over the globe just to get un-lucky dips in the back row of a stadium.

Haha yes Dean - words of wisdom to all who are contemplating the gamble!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 10:25

DeanGoodman
Hairball

I am intending to treat myself this time and get the best tickets for at least one
of the concerts, saying that i tried to get the 2nd best standing tickets for Amsterdam and failed the first time after 4 hours and 4 tablets on the go and eventually got some a couple of weeks later.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 15, 2018 11:10

Gazza
slewan
Nate
Royal Albert Hall please.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

very unlikely – since there's some show at RAH nearly every day in May.
Beside that the accoustic in RAH is not that great

Correct. Its not great. Its actually fantastic.

It's definitely a brilliant venue, the best in London imo, especially since they finished the refurb with the mushrooms....

[www.royalalberthall.com]

But sadly can't see there being a Stones concert there, with capacity a little over 5,000, not enough £££££ in that for them is there.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2018 11:32

StonesSmeth99
The next Eurostar from London to Marseille post-Twickenham on the 23rd is on the Monday morning 25th June (GBP 57 at the moment...).

Will that be the Silver Train? winking smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 15, 2018 11:33

RAH & The Roundhouse have excellent acoustics.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 15, 2018 11:46

Same stage winking smiley

OEL 0011-2018

[www.dublincity.ie]

Date: February 15, 2018 11:54

TOTAL PERSONS

Diamond pit 1167
Gold 8333
GA Standing 14000
Disabled Platform 200
HOLDING CAPACITY TOTAL: 23700

Date: February 15, 2018 11:58

2 rehearsal days so i guess Croke Park tour opener

Date: February 15, 2018 12:02

So I read most of it.

same stage, same pit setup and Croke Park as a tour opener.

Also some great insight in how much work getting a gig done is. Wow.

Date: February 15, 2018 12:03

I Think they are using the locker rooms as camp x ray etc.. Cool insights.

[www.dublincity.ie][/i]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 12:06 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:00

Lien
Same stage winking smiley

OEL 0011-2018

[www.dublincity.ie]

great find!
Thus we know: Dublin will be the opening night and there will only be one show at Dublin (deconstruction will begin right after the show)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 13:16 by slewan.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.dublincity.ie][/i]

Nice "leak". Thanx! It's about the pitch level. So there might be some other PDF about the other levels.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:24

good news is: there's no reserved seating on the pitch

Date: February 15, 2018 13:32

MAF
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[www.dublincity.ie][/i]

Nice "leak". Thanx! It's about the pitch level. So there might be some other PDF about the other levels.
Thanks to Lien. I only searched the links she provided.

No seated indeed. Hopefully for the whole tour!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:44

Makes for a fascinating read. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:49

timbernardis
One small note -- when "Lucky Dips" first debuted during the US 2013 50 and Counting tour, they were not called that.

There was no name for them at that time. The promo on rs.com simply noted "Rolling Stones fans offered thousands of $85 tickets for US and Canada Tour"

[iorr.org]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:50

slewan

Good shout slewan. Hopefully they do the same on the rest of the tour.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2018 13:58

slewan

...and no admission to the pitch if under age 14, so for those looking to bring your kids, take note.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home