Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: November 29, 2017 23:08

and anyway ..... our most famous Iain has the surname Stewart.

Pretty sure his ancestors didn't speak English

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:17

Any updates on the upcoming tour Bjornulf..
Jeroen

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:44

He gives information 1-2 months before the announcement usually - the time various towns "fight" for 2-3 gigs. Announcement might be not before March.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 13:44

Monsoon Ragoon
He gives information 1-2 months before the announcement usually - the time various towns "fight" for 2-3 gigs. Announcement might be not before March.

So, no detailed rumours / information from BV expected before january!

Date: November 30, 2017 13:53

jackflash27
Monsoon Ragoon

So, no detailed rumours / information from BV expected before january!

Yeah, I think so.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 1, 2017 12:55

I don’t know if I am reading too much into this but the layout for Hyde park (British Summer Time - Eric Clapton) this year is laid out like the stones had it in 2013... there is a split down the middle of the stage (so you can split the audience into the left side and right side) where on one side the general admission can get all the way to the front, and then on the other side of the split there is the two premium areas.

The last few years I’ve beeem to BST and the layout hasn’t been like this (there have been golden circles, diamond circles). It seems a particularly unique layout so I wonder whether the stones will return to Hyde park after all...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 1, 2017 13:07

What map are you looking at?
When I look at the layout on the AXS ticket site it doesn't look that way.

Nate

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: December 1, 2017 14:15

I saw something on the BST Facebook site... someone had posted a layout under a post about Clapton but I can’t work out if it’s definitely official or not...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2017 19:27

Here is the map being shown for Roger Waters (and I assume Clapton also):

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 1, 2017 19:49

Yes that's the same layout for Clapton so clearly you need to purchase the diamond circle ticket if you want to be front of stage.

Nate

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 2, 2017 00:11

I heard on the radio they could do 2 Canadian dates next year and also heard Seattle, Not sure where they are getting the info. will they add 4 North American dates and combine with Oz. Dont think Oz will be a full blown tour like
last time.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 2, 2017 00:38

babyblue
I heard on the radio they could do 2 Canadian dates next year and also heard Seattle, Not sure where they are getting the info. will they add 4 North American dates...

Wha...!!!!! Don’t tease me! Source, please and thank you. Nothing else in my world can be planned until the stoopid 2018 tour schedule is sorted. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: December 2, 2017 04:35

babyblue
I heard on the radio they could do 2 Canadian dates next year and also heard Seattle, Not sure where they are getting the info. will they add 4 North American dates and combine with Oz. Dont think Oz will be a full blown tour like
last time.

Well if they are indeed planning some Australian dates it would make sense to play North American dates first as it breaks up the flying time.

Date: December 2, 2017 04:52

ChrisMahavishnu
...Well if they are indeed planning some Australian dates it would make sense to play North American dates first as it breaks up the flying time...

[Indignant splutter] What - we're just a rest stop on the road to Melbourne?!?!

What am I saying...I'll take it! thumbs up

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 2, 2017 05:00

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
I am very happy that the UK is going to get a small tour next year. Ya'all do get short handed at times and I am very glad you are finally getting another ample chance to catch a series of shows in your area.

I want to ask .. is there / are there any word on a tour in the US. You would think with the release of an album this would be the gist of things.

A late spring / early summer tour of the UK and then a fall tour of the US would be so called for.

Any word on that?

Rumours of Australian dates abound Ian: Stones in OZ late summer 2018

By the way Ian, I always assumed you were from England, yet your post above gives the impression you're from somewhere else?

Howdy. No .. the name 'Ian' is English (Scottish) ... but actually I am in the U.S. ... (Ohio).

This would perhaps mark the first time since 1973 ... Goats Head Soup that The Stones will release a studio album without it's headlining tour (/world) starting first in the states .. Am I wrong there?

Like Ian Anderson (musician) and Ian Botham (cricketer) among others...anyhow, greetings from California. smileys with beer

You seem to be quite sure that the supposed new album will be released before or will coincide the UK tour - what is your reasoning behind this?!!! winking smiley

Monsoon Ragoon
There will be NO new album before the 18 tour I'm pretty sure. And if I'm wrong they won't play more than 2-3 songs off it.

I would tend to agree with this...I'm thinking new album in '19 at the earliest, but time will tell.

Lol .. it BETTER not be in 2019! grinning smiley ... I mean if that's the case I'm throwing in the towel mate. Im not sure the album will come out before the UK tour. I expect it by early fall either way.

I used to live in California as well .. Van Nuys and then Granada Hills .. 2006-2008

I hope it's sooner rather than later, but it's really hard to pinpoint anything based on what little we really know. That said, NEVER throw in the towel!!!

I went to Cal State Northridge for graduate school way back when - right next to Granada Hills.
You might be familiar with A & W Seafood Restaurant - really great Chinese food! smiling smiley

Anyhow, don't want to clog up this thread with mysterious new album news or Chinese food memories!

Anxious to hear any snippets of news and/or rumours regarding the upcoming UK tour...I thought the deal was as good as done!
But as long as they're touring and alive and well, and whether there's a new album or not, life is good with the Rolling Stones....55 years an counting...smileys with beer

If I heard we would have to wait until 2019 for the new album .. it would be the Guns N roses Chinese Democracy thing .. After a while.. you quit caring so much. Sure.. Id still grab it as soon as it came out but at that point it would be too late to get crazy over.

Chinese Democracy went well beyond the 'not caring' mind set.. I (and everyone else) simply said.. Guess what... I dont want to hear about it. Just dont release it ... Im done.

Finally when they did it was a good album but it was like... what .. a good 8 or 9 years far too late .. It didnt matter .. no matter how bloody good it was.

Ian

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 2, 2017 12:57

Hope its gonna be a beautiful summer 2018. Might do some long-distance walking to coincide with a few gigs in the UK.
Jeroen

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 13:05

I think that they could go to Asia and Australia in the fall or in early 2019 and then North America in Summer or in the fall 2019...If they'll make a new album this could be a very possible scenario...

Date: December 2, 2017 19:46

They do not get the album finished with just 14 live shows in (two months of) a year. How should they manage it with 20 or almost 30 shows? Maybe a normal UK tour (something like 2006, not 1971) plus a normal Australian tour is possible in the same year, but surely not more. 2006/07 (and even 2013/14) are past times. They're 71-77 years old next summer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-02 19:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: December 2, 2017 20:04

Wait and see! All imaginations!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 23:16

SomeTorontoGirl
babyblue
I heard on the radio they could do 2 Canadian dates next year and also heard Seattle, Not sure where they are getting the info. will they add 4 North American dates...

Wha...!!!!! Don’t tease me! Source, please and thank you. Nothing else in my world can be planned until the stoopid 2018 tour schedule is sorted. smiling bouncing smiley

What's stoopid about it?

Because they haven't announced it?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 3, 2017 08:35

Ah, nothing stoopid, just a planning thing I’m guessin’ on STG’s part and on most other fans North of the 49th Parallel ‘cause 2 CDN dates may mean TO. Nothin’ wrong with wishing.

Date: December 3, 2017 14:37

odean73
What's stoopid about it?

Yes. angry smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 4, 2017 12:39

SomeTorontoGirl
odean73
What's stoopid about it?

Yes. angry smiley

thumbs updrinking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 4, 2017 21:55

It ain't the Isle of Wight: headliners now announced as Liam Gallagher, Kasabian, the Killers and Van Morrison.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 7, 2017 02:14

rumours gathering momentum re Aussie dates in March
At Macca show last night promoter was quoted as saying the Stones are a lock for March.
Bernard was listed as touring with the Bowie tribute band, but has pulled out and no David Gilmour dates are due which means Chuck is free

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 02:14 by Deathgod.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2017 03:07

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen
I am very happy that the UK is going to get a small tour next year. Ya'all do get short handed at times and I am very glad you are finally getting another ample chance to catch a series of shows in your area.

I want to ask .. is there / are there any word on a tour in the US. You would think with the release of an album this would be the gist of things.

A late spring / early summer tour of the UK and then a fall tour of the US would be so called for.

Any word on that?

Rumours of Australian dates abound Ian: Stones in OZ late summer 2018

By the way Ian, I always assumed you were from England, yet your post above gives the impression you're from somewhere else?

Howdy. No .. the name 'Ian' is English (Scottish) ... but actually I am in the U.S. ... (Ohio).

This would perhaps mark the first time since 1973 ... Goats Head Soup that The Stones will release a studio album without it's headlining tour (/world) starting first in the states .. Am I wrong there?

Like Ian Anderson (musician) and Ian Botham (cricketer) among others...anyhow, greetings from California. smileys with beer

You seem to be quite sure that the supposed new album will be released before or will coincide the UK tour - what is your reasoning behind this?!!! winking smiley

Monsoon Ragoon
There will be NO new album before the 18 tour I'm pretty sure. And if I'm wrong they won't play more than 2-3 songs off it.

I would tend to agree with this...I'm thinking new album in '19 at the earliest, but time will tell.

Lol .. it BETTER not be in 2019! grinning smiley ... I mean if that's the case I'm throwing in the towel mate. Im not sure the album will come out before the UK tour. I expect it by early fall either way.

I used to live in California as well .. Van Nuys and then Granada Hills .. 2006-2008

I hope it's sooner rather than later, but it's really hard to pinpoint anything based on what little we really know. That said, NEVER throw in the towel!!!

I went to Cal State Northridge for graduate school way back when - right next to Granada Hills.
You might be familiar with A & W Seafood Restaurant - really great Chinese food! smiling smiley

Anyhow, don't want to clog up this thread with mysterious new album news or Chinese food memories!

Anxious to hear any snippets of news and/or rumours regarding the upcoming UK tour...I thought the deal was as good as done!
But as long as they're touring and alive and well, and whether there's a new album or not, life is good with the Rolling Stones....55 years an counting...smileys with beer

If I heard we would have to wait until 2019 for the new album .. it would be the Guns N roses Chinese Democracy thing .. After a while.. you quit caring so much. Sure.. Id still grab it as soon as it came out but at that point it would be too late to get crazy over.

Chinese Democracy went well beyond the 'not caring' mind set.. I (and everyone else) simply said.. Guess what... I dont want to hear about it. Just dont release it ... Im done.

Finally when they did it was a good album but it was like... what .. a good 8 or 9 years far too late .. It didnt matter .. no matter how bloody good it was.

Ian

I listened to it. One time was more than enough. Horrible.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 7, 2017 03:12

Deathgod
At Macca show last night promoter was quoted as saying the Stones are a lock for March.
Bernard was listed as touring with the Bowie tribute band, but has pulled out and no David Gilmour dates are due which means Chuck is free

What? Australia in March? March WHAT, 2018? Please do not tell me you mean 2019.
WTF who can plan anything right now?>.

Date: December 7, 2017 04:32

35love
Deathgod

What? Australia in March? March WHAT, 2018? Please do not tell me you mean 2019.
WTF who can plan anything right now?>.

And...and what about Canada / Seattle en route to Aus?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 7, 2017 05:49

Deathgod

Who promoted Macca's current Aussie tour, wasn't it LiveNation? Gudinski did The Stones in 2014, yes? Is Live Nation tied up with him? Otherwise how would Macca's promoter know anything? I don't think The Stones would deal with anyone bar Gudinski down here...

Much as I would LOVE The Stones here again....

Rod

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 7, 2017 06:17

I've been asked not to say who, but is close to Gudinski

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10