Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 127
Rolling Stones in Poland June 2018
Posted by: piotrek ()
Date: December 27, 2017 00:08

According the newspaper "Rzeczpospolita" the Stones will be in Poland in june '18
[www.rp.pl]

Re: Rolling Stones in Poland June 2018
Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 27, 2017 00:52

[Translation]:"As we learn from well-informed sources, the game enters the show in June. Also, the British media have reported that the band Mick Jagger and Keith Richards perform in England, as well as on the mainland stadiums. At the same time the British fans Jagger apologized for the fact that there was a chance to play this year under the banner "No Filter Tour"."

confused smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 27, 2017 08:26

As I expected: they seem to plan a 6-7 date tour in mainland Europe to make the 6-7 date UK tour possible. They would get many critical media comments if not at least one show in the decade would be in Eastern Europe. That's the only reason they might do one or two shows in Poland, Prague or Budapest, former Yugoslavia.
But it is still a rumour; Warsaw is rumoured nearly every year and then almost never gets a show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 09:12 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 27, 2017 08:47

piotrek
According the newspaper "Rzeczpospolita" the Stones will be in Poland in june '18
[www.rp.pl]

Best news I've heard all year (2017), and if or when it's confirmed - it'll be the best news I will probably have heard in 2018. Especially as I'm currently living/working here in Poland ... thumbs up hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:09

paulywaul
piotrek
[www.rp.pl]

Best news I've heard all year (2017), and if or when it's confirmed - it'll be the best news I will probably have heard in 2018. Especially as I'm currently living/working here in Poland ... thumbs up hot smiley

I know Warsaw well and would go to the show on 1 condition: The gig does NOT take place at the Stadion Narodowy. Fine Modern Stadium as it is, I'm told by my Warsaw friend that concert acoustics there are an absolute car crash, so bad that you sometimes can't tell what song's being played.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:15

grzegorz67
paulywaul
piotrek
[www.rp.pl]

I know Warsaw well and would go to the show on 1 condition: The gig does NOT take place at the Stadion Narodowy. Fine Modern Stadium as it is, I'm told by my Warsaw friend that concert acoustics there are an absolute car crash, so bad that you sometimes can't tell what song's being played.

Is it also bad at the Fos,pit area?
Jeroen

Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:24

Count me in!!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:49

This journalist writes a lot of bull so take it with a grain of salt. This article does not even seem to be written in proper Polish. If it happens and I hope it will, it might be one of the festivals. There is Warsaw Orange Festival and Open'er Festival in Gdynia. For the latter it would be the first time I would not need to travel to a Stones concert.

Posted by: kwoznica ()
Date: December 27, 2017 12:50

corriecas
grzegorz67
paulywaul
piotrek
[www.rp.pl]

Jeroen

I was there on the pitch at McCartney's gig and it wasn't so bad. However, people on seating areas were complaining

Date: December 27, 2017 13:04

kwoznica
corriecas
grzegorz67
paulywaul
piotrek
[www.rp.pl]

Jeroen

I was there on the pitch at McCartney's gig and it wasn't so bad. However, people on seating areas were complaining

My friend was at that show on the floor and said the sound was awful where he stood. Open'er in Gdansk would be a fantastic choice, or even the Stadion Slaski, finally ready after years of delays, having already hosted the Stones on BtB in 1998 - an excellent show which I attended.

Date: December 27, 2017 13:52

Gdansk? Warsaw or Chorzow will get the show I think (if there is one).

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: December 27, 2017 14:59

I was at AC/DC concert on National Stadium in Warsaw and it was the worst sounding gig I have ever been. But I think that there is a great chance to see them in Chorzów (standing place is bigger and there is more seats). And about this article - RP.pl 'Rzeczpospolita' is not a junkie tabloid but opinion-forming daily magazine. So something maybe is happening. We will know - maybe - in March?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 14:59 by zgredzik.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: December 27, 2017 16:59

This thread has moved to 'sticky' status- that's usually a good sign!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:01

Yep

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:43

Adams
This journalist writes a lot of bull so take it with a grain of salt. This article does not even seem to be written in proper Polish. If it happens and I hope it will, it might be one of the festivals. There is Warsaw Orange Festival and Open'er Festival in Gdynia. For the latter it would be the first time I would not need to travel to a Stones concert.

Gdynia would be great. Visited it last summer and I would be more than happy to get back there for a Stones gig!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:00

Gaetzi
This thread has moved to 'sticky' status- that's usually a good sign!

I think it's because Ronnie is scheduled for some interview(-s?) on BBC etc. - he usually spills the beans; so probably BV reckons that'll be as good as any official announcement... smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:39

As I get older and hear the way people say things in a different context I'm starting to think that, just as with how people say "the Lower 48" when there is no "Upper 48" since "Lower 48" implies there are 48 "upper" states (how come no one ever says "It's going to snow in downstate New York?), "the Stones just keep going, man" is a bit... much. I think people like the idea of it more than understanding it. My dad says 'The Stones, they're still kicking ass' - yet he has no idea what they've been doing, he just sees something on Google News or whatever and wow, man, they're still going.

They're no where near hitting the road, they just fly around for a little while. Especially not in 2008-2011. That's 4 years, without throwing in the end of '007 and the front portion of '012.

Taking so much time off is not relative to "keeping going", really. Look at Bob Dylan. Or Willie Nelson. BB King kept going and he was 300 years old and didn't take such big breaks.

And, with all that time the Stones had off, no new album has come about...

I get it, how the Stones "keep going". I just laugh about it a bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-27 18:39 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:48

I don’t want to be a wet blanket, but here is my honest opinion.

On Ronnie’s Christmas greeting video, he said:
We just don’t know what 2018 is going to bring.

I took his heartfelt, meaningful message implied
The RS are waiting and seeing.
I have a feeling nothing is signed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:58

Great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

Date: December 27, 2017 19:45

35love

I think Ronnie has aged very much during the last 2-3 years. Hope there isn't something serious upcoming..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 27, 2017 19:45

35love

It just means that Ronnie doesn't know anything. But does an employee always know a company's future plans?

Date: December 27, 2017 19:55

Hairball
Great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

Steady, it's not news yet so don't get too excited. Only a rumour so far, fuelled by a newspaper article. Loads of gig rumours in all sorts of places have come to nothing in times past!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 27, 2017 20:00

Indeed grzegorz67, but officially published rumours are better than no rumours at all!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:51

slewan
35love

It just means that Ronnie doesn't know anything. But does an employee always know a company's future plans?

No, it means he's learned to keep his mouth shut after his boss, Mick Jagger, got pissy at him.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: December 28, 2017 02:59

Play MSG!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 28, 2017 15:09

potus43
Play MSG!

2018 is UK and European gigs. USA had their fair share of gigs. Maybe in 2035 they will hit msg.
Jeroen

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: December 28, 2017 16:04

potus43
Play MSG!
Done Deal !

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:23

According to polish music journalist Piotr Metz from Polish Radio 3 (which is very reliable source) Stones will play in Poland in 2018. Probably it will be National Stadium in Warsaw. The capacity of the stadium is about 72000 for concerts.
This is bad news - the sound there is awful. Anyway it seems like it's going to happen.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:32

thrak
According to polish music journalist Piotr Metz from Polish Radio 3 (which is very reliable source) Stones will play in Poland in 2018. Probably it will be National Stadium in Warsaw. The capacity of the stadium is about 72000 for concerts.
This is bad news - the sound there is awful. Anyway it seems like it's going to happen.

I thought he was the source.
Not sure when we talked about it exactly but didn't he have the same kind of info in 2014 which resulted in nothing?
Probably some company is bidding but I'm afraid that's all at the moment

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:36

Yeahh but i think Metz wouldn't say it on air if he wasn't sure

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10