Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 18, 2017 17:31

corriecas
Holland is one of the most dedicated and faithfull countries to the stones.thats why the band wanna play here so much
Jeroen

I think they mainly wanna play here because many Thousands of people can afford tickets for 300 Euro. Not because they especially love the Dutch.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 18, 2017 17:36

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Holland is one of the most dedicated and faithfull countries to the stones.thats why the band wanna play here so much
Jeroen

I think they mainly wanna play here because many Thousands of people can afford tickets for 300 Euro. Not because they especially love the Dutch.
Ofcourse..people are willing and can pay lots of money in holland.but the Dutch fans are very loyal to the Stones and the band Does know that.
Jeroen

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 18, 2017 18:16

Lots of fans are willing to travel to the Netherlands too. smoking smiley

Date: December 18, 2017 18:51

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

Ofcourse..people are willing and can pay lots of money in holland.but the Dutch fans are very loyal to the Stones and the band Does know that.
Jeroen

Yeah. But it seems to me - not sure if I'm right - that for instance the people in former Yugoslavia are also very enthusiastic about the Stones. The reports from 2007 sounded like that. They only have had almost no chances to show it. Anyway: If there are 40 or 42 shows in Europe in 2014/17/18 and none of them behind the former Iron Curtain, that would be a little cynical. (But U2 also doesn't normally play in Poland etc.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 19:02 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 18, 2017 18:59

corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

Jeroen

I always thought it was because Keith likes to smoke alot of weed!

Now that recreational use of pot is fully legal in California (beginning Jan 1st you can walk in to a store and buy) maybe he'll pay a visit here more often - with or without the Stones.
It's already legal in several other states, with several others about to follow suit.

But Keith probably has a prescription for medical marijuana for his head which is legal in most states and has been for quite awhile (legal in California since 1996 and Connecticut since 2012).

Anyhow, since there's no new album in sight according to Don Was, can the UK expect the same or similar setlists to the No Filter Tour? Will Dancing with Mr. D be the most talked about again?
Will they still play blues covers? Will the newest original songs played be over 20 years old? Same prices or higher? Will they play at least one theater/club gig? Same stage? Will they be the best shows ever?!!!

Date: December 18, 2017 19:18

Hairball
corriecas
Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

Jeroen

I always thought it was because Keith likes to smoke alot of weed!

Now that recreational use of pot is fully legal in California (beginning Jan 1st you can walk in to a store and buy) maybe he'll pay a visit here more often - with or without the Stones.
It's already legal in several other states, with several others about to follow suit.

But Keith probably has a prescription for medical marijuana for his head which is legal in most states and has been for quite awhile (legal in California since 1996 and Connecticut since 2012).

Anyhow, since there's no new album in sight according to Don Was, can the UK expect the same or similar setlists to the No Filter Tour? Will Dancing with Mr. D be the most talked about again?
Will they still play blues covers? Will the newest original songs played be over 20 years old? Same prices or higher? Will they play at least one theater/club gig? Same stage? Will they be the best shows ever?!!!

My expectations/speculations:

- probably a different stage, although this is a big waste of money
- of course similar setlists
- SFTD remaining opening song, only one new blues, no Mr D or Mixed Emotions, but 1-2 similar surprises
- newest original song from 1989 (Slipping Away) or 1997 (Out Of Control)
- same prices except maybe in London if they play O2 (I don't think higher prices are possible)
- something like Vegas 16 is more likely than "the best shows ever" - but it will be still good enough
- one club gig with some extra songs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 21:49 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: December 18, 2017 19:24

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 19:31 by jackflash27.

Date: December 18, 2017 19:33

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Rumors include a big show at 11 july in holland. Also there is no date (14th july is rumoured) for the werchter classic festival. This is the same festival the Stones played a few times.

I have no clue if it will happen, rumors are everywhere and i am definitly no insider or whatsoever.

Source? I read something on festileaks, but there seems no strong support for this rumour. Sounds like wishful thinking. Or do you have a better source for this rumour?

Date: December 18, 2017 21:36

I have heard from numerous sources and festileaks forum is one of them. It is a well known forum somit might be THE source.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 18, 2017 21:52

Hairball
Anyhow, since there's no new album in sight according to Don Was, can the UK expect the same or similar setlists to the No Filter Tour? Will Dancing with Mr. D be the most talked about again? Will they still play blues covers? Will the newest original songs played be over 20 years old? Same prices or higher? Will they play at least one theater/club gig? Same stage? Will they be the best shows ever?!!!

No reason to not expect the same set lists, which includes the blues songs. With few exceptions it's basically been the same songs since 2012.

Hopefully they will do Dancing With Mr D in 2018.

The newest original will be from... either 1981 or 1989!

It would make sense to use the same stage.

No, they will not be the best shows ever.

Date: December 18, 2017 23:27

In 2012 they did:

Wild Horses
The Last Time
I Wanna Be Your Man
Get Off Of My Cloud
It's All Over Now
Before They Make Me Run
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot

And occasionally:

Lady Jane
All Down The Line
Champagne And Reefer
I'm Going Down

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 20, 2017 14:50

"In a new interview, Keith Richards looks back at The Rolling Stones‘ ’60s BBC sessions and forward to the group’s next tour and plans for 2018 – “I think there’s a tour in the works,” he tells Uncut. “I miss the old joint.”

[www.uncut.co.uk]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 24, 2017 00:58

Nate
Do people really believe that they will play shows in Australia,Canada,USA and the UK all next year.
I realise people have hopes but you have to be realistic.

Nate

I do just do a min of Australia nad 3-4 in us/can.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 24, 2017 10:51

well, in about 2 months we will know about some dates and places.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:08

babyblue
Nate
Do people really believe that they will play shows in Australia,Canada,USA and the UK all next year.

Nate

Not a chance in hell. The logistics of moving stages and crew around and Tour Economics mean that it’s not cost effective to move all their stuff half way around the World for 1 or 2 shows. The strong rumour is a British Isles Tour and at a push, a show or 2 in nearby continental Europe e.g Belgium. Their days of mini tours of more than 1 continent in a calendar year are at an end. These guys are now 10 years past State Retirement age.

Date: December 24, 2017 18:24

grzegorz67
babyblue
Nate

Nate

Not a chance in hell. The logistics of moving stages and crew around and Tour Economics mean that it’s not cost effective to move all their stuff half way around the World for 1 or 2 shows. The strong rumour is a British Isles Tour and at a push, a show or 2 in nearby continental Europe e.g Belgium. Their days of mini tours of more than 1 continent in a calendar year are at an end. These guys are now 10 years past State Retirement age.

Why should they choose Belgium as the only continental show? They've been there four years earlier and in 2017 they were not in Belgium, but there were many shows 100-200 km around. Wouldn't make a show in Budapest or Zagreb much more sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-24 18:26 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 24, 2017 18:28

Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
babyblue
Nate

Nate

Why should they choose Belgium as the only continental show? They've been there four years earlier and in 2017 they were not in Belgium, but there were many shows some 100 km around. Wouldn't make a show in Budapest or Zagreb much more sense?

I merely quoted Belgium as an example as it’s nearby and wasn’t visited in 2017. Budapest or Zagreb would be nice and I would go, but it all comes down to money and I’m not convinced these cities could withstand 2018 ticket prices.

Date: December 24, 2017 18:38

grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
babyblue
Nate

Nate

Why should they choose Belgium as the only continental show? They've been there four years earlier and in 2017 they were not in Belgium, but there were many shows some 100 km around. Wouldn't make a show in Budapest or Zagreb much more sense?

I merely quoted Belgium as an example as it’s nearby and wasn’t visited in 2017. Budapest or Zagreb would be nice and I would go, but it all comes down to money and I’m not convinced these cities could withstand 2018 ticket prices.

You mean they tour because of the money?? Ha ha ha. Maybe in fall 2020 we had 50 or more European shows incl. UK from 2012-20 and none of them was behind the former Iron Curtain. There was indeed a rumour about Werchter 2018 and also Holland I think (Nijmegen?).

Date: December 24, 2017 18:46

Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
babyblue
Nate

Nate

You mean they tour because of the money?? Ha ha ha. Maybe in fall 2020 we had 50 or more European shows incl. UK from 2012-20 and none of them was behind the former Iron Curtain. There was indeed a rumour about Werchter 2018 and also Holland I think (Nijmegen?).

They certainly have big financial demands and that cannot be denied or ignored. Warsaw was in line to take the Tel Aviv gig slot in 2014 if the latter fell through. But Tel Aviv went ahead so Warsaw didn’t happen.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: December 24, 2017 19:14

Why all the talk of Belgium and Australia and everywhere else that hasn't been played for god knows how many years......The thread is titled 2018 Tour of UK !!!

Also I am sure BV posted earlier in this thread that there was a 5 year plan from 2012 - 2017 to include a UK tour at the end. Plans do change and they are going into the extra year due to UK dates being postponed earlier this year due to Woody's medical.

Date: December 24, 2017 19:22

Because they won't play only UK probably.
Also I don't think 2018 is the last touring year. The best times are long gone, but they're still too fit ... and not rich enough.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 24, 2017 19:30

Will they be the best shows ever?!!![/quote]

Not unless Mick finds a time machine to 1973.

Date: December 25, 2017 09:01

Unfortunately no Stones on Werchter...
[m.hln.be]

To be short: in this interview with someone of the organisation of TW Classic, the strong rumor of the Stones headlining this 1 day festival, is denied.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 25, 2017 10:02

Monsoon Ragoon
Also I don't think 2018 is the last touring year. The best times are long gone, but they're still too fit ... and not rich enough.

I mostly agree, except they do seem to be rich enough. However, I think the stones will keep going as long as they are healthy enough to do so and are able to somehow convince Charlie to come along. As stated before: probably just one tour per year and at least three days in between each show. A couple surprises in the setlist but the bulk will be the usual. Not grim at all if you consider what we will be faced with in a few years or less. The other possibility is the UK tour is the last. Ending where it began does make a compelling and convenient ending to the stones story.

Date: December 25, 2017 10:04

swimtothemoon
Monsoon Ragoon

I mostly agree, except they do seem to be rich enough. However, I think the stones will keep going as long as they are healthy enough to do so and are able to somehow convince Charlie to come along. As stated before: probably just one tour per year and at least three days in between each show. A couple surprises in the setlist but the bulk will be the usual. Not grim at all if you consider what we will be faced with in a few years or less. The other possibility is the UK tour is the last. Ending where it began does make a compelling and convenient ending to the stones story.

I think it'll finish in London, but 2021/22, not 2018.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 25, 2017 10:25

Monsoon Ragoon
swimtothemoon
Monsoon Ragoon

I think it'll finish in London, but 2021/22, not 2018.

Very possible...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 25, 2017 15:22

jackflash27
Unfortunately no Stones on Werchter...
[m.hln.be]

To be short: in this interview with someone of the organisation of TW Classic, the strong rumor of the Stones headlining this 1 day festival, is denied.

Thanks for the update.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: December 25, 2017 16:44

First the sun and then the moon
One of them will be around soon

thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 25, 2017 17:08

Monsoon Ragoon
corriecas
Jeroen

One of the worst memories of my life as a fan was facing a bunch of mid-50's Dutch Keef wanna-be's eye rolling smiley complete with the phoney "hard" stare, the bottle of booze in one hand and the pack of Marlboros in the other eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley They reminded me of these pitiful Johhny Halliday look-a-likes I sometimes come across in France.
And the Keef wanna-be's were looking down on me... grinning smiley

Mick don't ever play in the Netherlands again (just kidding).

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: December 26, 2017 02:34

Found this in The Economist, includes fun interactive graphs of bands and their live set including Stones. I guess this what to expect in UK 2018.

[www.economist.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 03:29 by tommyturbo76.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home