Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 53
Re: Keith Richards guitar playing comments
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 23:33

That means you never heard a better SMU live version before (1981-2016).
Is it correct ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 23:41 by powerage78.

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:01

yes I thought so. But please, be easy on me, I may be wrong

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:02

With all the disagreements on how the band sounds, makes me wonder if it's as subjective as the taste of wine

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:13

smileys with beer
Night Manager
yes I thought so. But please, be easy on me, I may be wrong

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:32

stonehearted
It used to be the band follows Keith, now it's Charlie. I guess that means times have changed.

Ah, was just going to say this.
It sounds like they are following Chuck. (Which makes sense.)

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:47

Watch "Street Fighting Man" from the same show. Keith plays much better (not the best version of course, and he gets lost a bit at times, but he's largely "on") and yet, he's still not enjoying himself. There's no smiles. No looks. Mick comes by him twice bending over by Keith's guitar as he sings and Keith remains in his own world. No interaction with Ronnie or Darryl or Charlie. He's not happy though he's playing fairly well. Something was wrong. Whether his arthritis or his head or his monitor, I couldn't say, but you can see he's in a bad mood throughout much of the show.

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:02

engerling23
[www.youtube.com]

something is not right. Keith seems to be very pissed.

Looks like an issue with his monitors...

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:05

TheBlockbuster
laertisflash
I think it happened what Marclaff wrote on Spielberg's thread: "For me, Mick begins too early, Keith had to play an other "round around" to finish his intro".

Yes Mick started to sing with Charlie's beat instead of waiting for Keith. However Mick saved the song by following Charlie since it would have been a mess otherwise.
It sounds to me like Mick came in exactly when he was supposed to based on Charlie's beat, and Keith thought he was somewhere else.

I don't know, this is tough to watch and listen to. Three shows in and a lot of concern.

Date: September 18, 2017 01:08

stonehearted
If only he hadn't fallen off that shrub and hit his head, and, further, delayed seeking medical attention.
Do people still honestly believe he fell off a tree?

I think he flat-out had a stroke (perhaps induced by his cocaine intake), and their PR people concocted a semi-humorous anecdote to make it seem less dire.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Date: September 18, 2017 01:21

I believe everything they say. I believe Mick when he told Ed Bradley in 1994 that experimenting with bi-sexuality was something he left behind when he was young. I believe the band when they say they stopped taking hard drugs in the seventies. I believe the band when they say they stopped taking hard drugs in the eighties. I believe the band when they say they stopped taking hard drugs in the nineties. I believe Mick when he told Larry King he learned long ago not to take drugs when performing in concert. I believe Keith when he claims he bonked his head falling out of a tree that isn't natural to the environment he was in. He's right, we would laugh if we saw the tree he fell out of. It probably looks ridiculous on an island where there are no trees of that sort. I'm sure they didn't lie to avoid insurance people going nuts and causing the tour to be cancelled costing them millions in lost revenue and potential lawsuits when the tour inevitably collapsed. I'm sure they wouldn't lie to get people off their backs and let them attempt to live their lives without being under a microscope as far as health and habits are concerned. I also believe Keith and Ronnie when they say the band has never played better. I believe Keith when he said he was going to make a solo album year after year or when he said the Stones would make an album year after year. Sometimes they lie and sometimes it just takes a decade or two before something finally happens.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:26

.... I know a girl you lied to her grandmother ..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:28

keefriff99
stonehearted
If only he hadn't fallen off that shrub and hit his head, and, further, delayed seeking medical attention.

I think he flat-out had a stroke (perhaps induced by his cocaine intake), and their PR people concocted a semi-humorous anecdote to make it seem less dire.

No

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:35

keefriff99
stonehearted

Never doubted it, but you might have a point.

What I recall is it was first reported as a coconut tree, and then I think it was Ronnie who cleared it up by saying it was some sort of old shrub or bush.

Whatever the case, it was a close call and glad he survived!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:37

wonderboy
stonehearted
It used to be the band follows Keith, now it's Charlie. I guess that means times have changed.

Ah, was just going to say this.
It sounds like they are following Chuck. (Which makes sense.)

Chuck has been the de facto band leader for a long time now. He has the BPMs programmed on his keyboard and seems like he is the one always counting them in.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:37

latebloomer
keefriff99
stonehearted

No

Nope.
I believe he even sports the scar/indent that is a common result of the type of procedure he had on his head..

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:44

TheBlockbuster
Hairball
While the "new" sax player Karl can obviously play, that solo in Brown Sugar is...not very good in comparison to the classic Bobby solos from the past.
Maybe he was also distracted by all of the tension and chaos on stage.

As much as I loved Bobby Keys sound I still think it's fun to hear a new fresh improvised solo every night, Bobby played the same solo note for note every night.

but it was a real good one! grinning smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 18, 2017 01:46

keefriff99
stonehearted

entirely in the realm of possibility. having lived with strokes in the family, some things in his manner are consistent with that.

Date: September 18, 2017 01:47

He had the procedure, certainly. Of course, subdural hematoma could always be a result of an aneurysm. Whatever it was was his business. If they weaved an anecdote around it, they did so with good reason. I would have done the same. And have done on many occasions. Like with that grandmother of the girl Terry knows.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 18, 2017 02:00

I think he did fall down, out of tree or not. People who drink have accidents. Alcohol abuse is probably a big factor in his behavior/playing on stage.
I agree with the point that everything these guys say is only true if it can be independently checked out.

Date: September 18, 2017 02:00

Not trying to be conspiratorial...I know there are other people here who have questioned the official story. Just seems too kooky and wacky, given that it's Keith.

But as Rocky said, it's his personal business. Frankly, for all the bitching we've done about his playing here, he's in better condition than he has a right to be given what happened to him and what he's put himself through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 02:01 by keefriff99.

Date: September 18, 2017 02:18

keefriff99
stonehearted

If he did have a stroke, it makes sense if they covered it up. In Keith's case, as he has been under the influence of various substances onstage for all these years, people can always think he had one screwdriver too many. He does look very withdrawn in that video. I hope everything's fine.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 18, 2017 03:12

DeanGoodman
Mick and Chuck made an instant executive decision, presumably going with Charlie's beat. A little later Ronnie walked over to Darryl to pat him on the shoulder as if "don't worry, not your fault." Keith's reaction was something you'd expect from a 5-year-old who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas. But it was fun to watch.

Lot of pressure (100,000 people) watching,
he was pissed it started off a mess and it was completely off the rail
Mick saved it/ turned it around
Ronnie also handled it tops
JMO from this N CA sofa critic grinning smiley

Date: September 18, 2017 03:43

Do.not.piss.off.Keith.Richards.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2017 05:56

Just be glad he hasn't pissed himself again.

Date: September 18, 2017 06:06

Many an elderly person struggles with controlling their kidneys. Elderly people who drink even more so. There are few who risk doing so in a packed stadium, having it filmed by several thousand phones, uploaded online, and then have message boards devoted to them with people commenting about it for their children to read. And then they get to get up and try it again a few nights later and continue doing so for the next two months. If that's what happened a few nights ago, I would prefer to let the man keep his dignity.

Sorry to be a downer about it, Hairball. Just my opinion. And yes, I realize you were just being witty. Your humor and timing are as sharp as ever so forgive me if I seem a killjoy about that topic. I'm not surprised if there is more evidence of Keith struggling with his instrument than in the past. It's to be expected, though others sometimes react as if it isn't understandable at all. The other situation is one I just think is below the belt in every sense. And yes, I know you meant no harm. You're a true fan, a good guy, and a quick wit so please don't take this as an attack on you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 06:10 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: September 18, 2017 06:41

Wait, wait...Keith pissed himself? I didn't even hear this...not sure I want to... sad smiley

Date: September 18, 2017 07:05

Not factual, there appeared to be a wet spot at the opening night. Chatoyancy said he spilled his drink on himself during the show. Others speculate an accident. It's the sort of thing we do here. I prefer to wonder just why Matt Clifford is onstage except that he blows well. The French horn I mean.

Date: September 18, 2017 07:20

Rocky Dijon
Not factual, there appeared to be a wet spot at the opening night. Chatoyancy said he spilled his drink on himself during the show. Others speculate an accident. It's the sort of thing we do here. I prefer to wonder just why Matt Clifford is onstage except that he blows well. The French horn I mean.

IORR is not for sissies. Tough crowd.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 18, 2017 07:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 08:06 by Rip This.

Date: September 18, 2017 08:25

Rocky Dijon

But he doesn't- Matt has @#$%& up the YCAGW-intros on this tour grinning smiley

For some reason, this is actually true..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home