Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 16 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - August 2017
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:08

I am a believer spinning smiley sticking its tongue out and I do believe they're going to celebrate Blue and Lonesome success in the shows

nothing much more than that though

I am a mild believer I guess spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:12

Do we need a good dose of Star Star?smiling smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:16

bv
They did rehearse every day for hours. As usual. They were strong and sounded great, from where you could here in it side alleys where traffic and other noise were frequent. I don't see any point in posting a list of what they were rehearsing, as I have mentioned already. We will hear it all on Saturday.

I don't think so.
They used to rehearse lots of rarities like "slave" they never did on stage. We won't get this on saturday, maybe one song.. But this is, what fans are interested in. Nothing to do with stalking. That's about their music. Most of us don't care about their privat lifes.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:18

Song vote please!

Date: September 5, 2017 18:28

bv
They did rehearse every day for hours. As usual. They were strong and sounded great, from where you could here in it side alleys where traffic and other noise were frequent. I don't see any point in posting a list of what they were rehearsing, as I have mentioned already. We will hear it all on Saturday.

uh huh bv, with due respect, but to say that there's no point in a list of songs rehearsed before a tour on a RS fan site is a bit, 'er, surreal to say the least. anyway, for the record, maybe you can send a printed out version of the list in a sealed envelope to Nico Zentgraf, it will be much appreciated to read it there one time. I think

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 5, 2017 18:49

bv
The Rolling Stones London rehearsals 2017
[stoneslife.org]
Thank you for this !

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 5, 2017 19:05

gotdablouse
stargroover
Lets hope we have more rarities and less war horses.I don't buy the argument that it's because the majority want the famous songs.I think its lazyness on their part if they don't play obscure/rare stuff.

They tried in 2014 with "Silver Train" with poor results, both in terms of what it sounded like and audience reaction.

I don't think that "Silver Train" sounded that bad, but of course it is not 1973 any more, ist it? If they had played ita few more times it would probably have improved, but these rarities in Stones concerts are always great, aren't they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 19:06 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 5, 2017 19:07

maumau
bv

uh huh bv, with due respect, but to say that there's no point in a list of songs rehearsed before a tour on a RS fan site is a bit, 'er, surreal to say the least. anyway, for the record, maybe you can send a printed out version of the list in a sealed envelope to Nico Zentgraf, it will be much appreciated to read it there one time. I think

I second that. Perhaps you could publish the list after the tour.

Date: September 5, 2017 19:35

deardoctor
bv

I don't think so.
They used to rehearse lots of rarities like "slave" they never did on stage. We won't get this on saturday, maybe one song.. But this is, what fans are interested in. Nothing to do with stalking. That's about their music. Most of us don't care about their privat lifes.

"Hear it all", as in the whole setlist come Saturday- not every number they rehearsed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 5, 2017 19:35

saltoftheearth
maumau
bv

I don't see the point in NOT posting the list now.
Since when is it such a secret that the tunes they rehearse are not discussed and shared with others on this forum?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 5, 2017 19:39

Hairball
saltoftheearth
maumau
bv

Since when is it such a secret that the tunes they rehearse are not discussed and shared with others on this forum?

Contradicts "No filter".... so all should be published winking smiley

Date: September 5, 2017 19:47

mtaylor
Hairball
saltoftheearth
maumau
bv

Indeed.
I understand bv wanting to cherish his memories of the overall experience of being there without writing about all the details, but the tunes rehearsed should be shared with all imo!!!

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 5, 2017 19:51

Hairball
mtaylor
Hairball
saltoftheearth
maumau
bv

Indeed.
I understand bv wanting to cherish his memories of the overall experience of being there without writing about all the details, but the tunes rehearsed should be shared with all imo!!!

That's what I say ...

d.f

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 20:05

bv
The Rolling Stones London rehearsals 2017
[stoneslife.org]

Thank you - very glad for you and the others thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 5, 2017 21:20

bv

Thanks for sharing what you have bv.. and congrats!
The band is certainly entitled to keep private what they wish to be private.

The haters will have plenty of time to bisch about the set-lists soon enough..

Date: September 5, 2017 21:25

MisterDDDD
bv

what you talkin about? HATERS my a** I just politely albeit a bit ironically ask to share some info that are interesting for sure for rs fans

and this is no diminishing of bv work for this site and the band

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-05 21:27 by maumau.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 5, 2017 21:58

I would say that it is up to every single person what is private and what is public. I have shared a lot, more than many, of what I see and hear related to the Stones since I became a fan in 1971, which is adding up to 46 years now, still counting.

Most of the stuff I write on IORR is copied and re-published on other copy-sites, without any credits, adding commercial material for the personal income of those who own these sites. IORR is still 100% non-profit. This is one of many reasons why I don't share everything I experience privately. Still, I will share a lot in the time to come. Just please do not take me for granted, it would be a bad habit. And I don't like to be told what to share and what to write.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 5, 2017 21:59

The Rolling Stones just arrived into Hamburg from London. This thread is now closed. Please use the Hamburg thread for further discussions related to the Hamburg events in the days to come. The Hamburg thread is sticky from now on and until show day Hamburg.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 5, 2017 23:36

Thanks bv.

I will not be in Hamburg, been there, done that.

Looking forward to the setlist as rehearsed in London though.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 5, 2017 23:39

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2017 23:49

bye bye johnny

[www.instagram.com]

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 5, 2017 23:57

Those guitars seem to be the perfect choices for some B&L tunes thumbs up

Date: September 6, 2017 00:03

maumau
MisterDDDD
bv

what you talkin about? HATERS my a** I just politely albeit a bit ironically ask to share some info that are interesting for sure for rs fans

and this is no diminishing of bv work for this site and the band

True enough maumau, but might as well keep the peace and let it pass.

BUT...if the band wished to keep what they rehearsed as private, they wouldn't have invited a group of "outsider" fanatics loitering outside of their rehearsal space to listen in.
In fact, they probably wouldn't mind at all, and probably would expect it. Unless the fanatics were sworn to secrecy which sounds unrealistic.

Anyhow, tour starts in a couple days - looking forward to what the setlist will look like....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 6, 2017 00:18

maumau
bv

I think you are female, yes? ((compliment))

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 6, 2017 00:23

bv
I would say that it is up to every single person what is private and what is public. I have shared a lot, more than many, of what I see and hear related to the Stones since I became a fan in 1971, which is adding up to 46 years now, still counting.

Most of the stuff I write on IORR is copied and re-published on other copy-sites, without any credits, adding commercial material for the personal income of those who own these sites. IORR is still 100% non-profit. This is one of many reasons why I don't share everything I experience privately. Still, I will share a lot in the time to come. Just please do not take me for granted, it would be a bad habit. And I don't like to be told what to share and what to write.

Hey, I've called you General before. Not Commander, General.
grinning smiley
xxoo we love you IORR

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 6, 2017 07:00

The fact that we cannot know the list of songs rehearsed in private that they will never play in public is quite ... well, it's an outrage.

An outrage, I tell you!

Date: September 6, 2017 09:06

peace 'n' love
amen

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 6, 2017 09:46

LongBeachArena72
The fact that we cannot know the list of songs rehearsed in private that they will never play in public is quite ... well, it's an outrage.

An outrage, I tell you!

Strong words... Can't see how that could be an outrage.
What they want to rehearse is up to them. What we have to care about is what the play at shows. That's what really matters.

They use to rehearse song before every tour that they not intend to play live, as it seems. Just to get in the right mood, maybe. Or they have find a way to work. Why do we have to know about that?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 6, 2017 10:05

MonkeyMan2000
Those guitars seem to be the perfect choices for some B&L tunes thumbs up

My 1 st thought AND Chuck Berry numbers thumbs up

sc uk

Date: September 6, 2017 14:21

straycatuk
MonkeyMan2000