Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Rolling Stones NO FILTER Tour Rehearsals - August 2017
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 1, 2017 04:37

bye bye johnny
wickerman
bye bye johnny
Where might you have heard that?

One of the guys who apparently showed up outside the rehearsals yesterday and were talking to someone from Stones camp. Could be BS though.

Could be. Could be true, too.

Guess we'll have to wait for Karl Denson's daily rehearsal photo. ;-)

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2017 04:40

Charlie used to say he kills time on tour doing sketches of the inside of his hotel room...there was an article or a video showing some of the sketches, and if memory serves I have to say they were pretty darn good!

edit: unfortunately no images found, but from 1996 interview:

Hotel room sketches

Q:Have you considered doing another book like Ode to a High Flying Bird?
A: I keep a diary of drawings. I've drawn every bed I've slept in on tour since 1967. It's a fantastic nonbook. I used to take a lot of things that keep you awake, and I'd have nothing to do. So I have all these hotel rooms recorded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 04:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 1, 2017 05:09

why won't they live stream one of their rehearsals?
Come on Mick and Keith...just do it.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 1, 2017 06:45

Rip This
why won't they live stream one of their rehearsals?
Come on Mick and Keith...just do it.

Man that is a good idea!!!
Id pay something per day to peak in on a live feed of rehearsals... even if it was actually time delayed so they can edit out "vetoed sections".

It would just be really cool to hear them playing live... jamming...

Maybe they could do an evening next day recap of 5-10 songs which they played happily all the through and Mick/Keef are happy with the take and they give the thumbs up for that one to be included in the recap show....

.. or something... it is not like I am jonesing for live Stones or anything...
I am fine.. I don't need it all... I can quit anytime I want...

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 1, 2017 07:11

memberberries that one time... on that one tour when IORR suggested SWAY...
and then at some tour stops, we were there, and all of sudden they played Sway!!!!
Yeah winking smiley that was awesome

The Stones are awesome live in concert... 9 days to go!!!
Its just that demon life that gots me in its sway

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 1, 2017 09:42

Well they might jet back to London while in Europe but i was talking about world tours in general.

Also the city outings mentioned by Mick and Charlie are just a few isolated trips.
I can't remember the last time i saw Keith out and about visiting.
Think Keith finds it harder than the others to get out.

Its not only the tour, just look at the isolation of rehearsals, no one has even seen them, they are almost always hiding from public view with minders and bodyguards around them. This is not a walk in the park that we can enjoy as people. They can't just go out for a walk in the park or go to the shops and be anonymous or take a meal on their own. Having to constantly empty a place or scrutinize a place of interest like a restaurant so they they can go out and eat must be tiresome, especially in Europe. They can't relax properly with security and bodyguards all around them. They are on constant show.

I still say living out of a suit case is a bit sad when you are 76 like Charlie.
He can't take his Country life with the horses on tour with him.
Keith lives in Connecticut with all his family where he can go to town and restaurants without being bothered. He can't take all his family with him on tour, of course it is a sacrifice for him and a bit sad. I have seen Keith fall off the wagon countless times on these tours, it must get boring for him after a while stuck around in hotels with alcohol as a constant temptation.
The amount of times i have seen Keith looking healthy at the start of these mini tours and finishing up looking terrible.
It's shallow not to see the sad side of touring at their ages.

Perhaps Ronnie and Mick love it but the same can't be said for Keith and Charlie.
This is just one aspect of touring and its just my view, i could be entirely wrong as has been said above, but these guys are only human and like any of us it can get a bit depressing being away from home especially when you live under this degree of fame, they just can't go out and about like we can, Keith has expressed this countless times. He says he finds it too much hassle to go out.
It's a sacrifice they make and we are all pleased they make this incredible effort so we still get to see them perform, but it can't be easy for them.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 1, 2017 10:06

stone4ever
It's a sacrifice they make and we are all pleased they make this incredible effort so we still get to see them perform, but it can't be easy for them.

Remember: They don't have to do that! I think everybody has enough money to allow him a luxurious lifestyle. Therefore, they must know what they do, and I neither envy nor pity them.

Date: September 1, 2017 10:46

saltoftheearth
stone4ever

Remember: They don't have to do that! I think everybody has enough money to allow him a luxurious lifestyle. Therefore, they must know what they do, and I neither envy nor pity them.

I look at it this way, if Mick says he wants to go on the road, and one of them says they would rather not. Would Mick replace Charlie, Ronnie or Keith.
I'm sure Ronnie is happy now to do his paintings and spend what time he has left on earth with his twins, especially after lung cancer
How would that band member feel if they were replaced. Not good.
So its a choice to go on the road for all of them, their own choice, but do they really want to do it deep down. Imagine Keith, Ronnie or Charlie watching someone else taking their place. I don't think they could handle it.

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: September 1, 2017 10:47

stone4ever
Well they might jet back to London while in Europe but i was talking about world tours in general.

Also the city outings mentioned by Mick and Charlie are just a few isolated trips.

Its not only the tour, just look at the isolation of rehearsals, no one has even seen them, they are almost always hiding from public view with minders and bodyguards around them. This is not a walk in the park that we can enjoy as people. They can't just go out for a walk in the park or go to the shops and be anonymous or take a meal on their own. Having to constantly empty a place or scrutinize a place of interest like a restaurant so they they can go out and eat must be tiresome, especially in Europe. They can't relax properly with security and bodyguards all around them. They are on constant show.

I still say living out of a suit case is a bit sad when you are 76 like Charlie.
Keith lives in Connecticut with all his family where he can go to town and restaurants without being bothered. He can't take all his family with him on tour, of course it is a sacrifice for him and a bit sad. I have seen Keith fall off the wagon countless times on these tours, it must get boring for him after a while stuck around in hotels with alcohol as a constant temptation.
The amount of times i have seen Keith looking healthy at the start of these mini tours and finishing up looking terrible.

Perhaps Ronnie and Mick love it but the same can't be said for Keith and Charlie.
This is just one aspect of touring and its just my view, i could be entirely wrong as has been said above, but these guys are only human and like any of us it can get a bit depressing being away from home especially when you live under this degree of fame, they just can't go out and about like we can, Keith has expressed this countless times. He says he finds it too much hassle to go out.
This is true, but it is only one aspect. Another aspect is that they love playing in front of an audience. And they earn a lot of Money for doing what they love doing.

Date: September 1, 2017 10:50

Absolutely RockingLoneStar, its just one negative aspect of touring.
I just felt that no one on here has mentioned that aspect.

Date: September 1, 2017 11:13

RockingLonestar
stone4ever

This is true, but it is only one aspect. Another aspect is that they love playing in front of an audience. And they earn a lot of Money for doing what they love doing.

For some reason, it was the other way around on the 14 On Fire-tour. Keith was zombie-like on the first show (Oslo) and in great shape on the last show (Roskilde).

Then again, we all remember Hyde Park 2013...

Date: September 1, 2017 11:15

DP just wondering what we remember about Hyde Park ??

Could you add more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 11:16 by stone4ever.

Date: September 1, 2017 11:45

Date: September 1, 2017 12:25

haha the infamous Scarf Me Up

I thought he played well the rest of the show though.

I'm convinced Keith did that on purpose on the second show at Hyde Park.

I just find it impossible to believe Keith could make this mistake twice in a row and it be an accident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 12:34 by stone4ever.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 1, 2017 12:29

O whoops, you'd have thought he'd have trained those naughty fingers of his to come down on the 2nd & 4th strings by now ... instead of whatever the bloody hell he managed to do instead !! Bad boy ... subtract ten points and go stand in the corner for an hour !! cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: September 1, 2017 12:32

Well, blaming it on the scarf is er ....... a little far fetched and would be cutting him a lot of slack ! More a case of him forgetting which notes to suspend when in open-g, which was quite an accomplishment for someone that's been using that tuning for a cool 40 years or so !! Silly boy !!

Date: September 1, 2017 12:37

paulywaul
Well, blaming it on the scarf is er ....... a little far fetched and would be cutting him a lot of slack ! More a case of him forgetting which notes to suspend when in open-g, which was quite an accomplishment for someone that's been using that tuning for a cool 40 years or so !! Silly boy !!

As i said he did it on the second Hyde Park Show too, for some reason Keith didn't want to start with SMU. He new all the cameras were rolling, i see it as a mini protest about something. We will never know.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 1, 2017 13:05

Maybe Keith is a setlist whiner too!

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: September 1, 2017 14:01

Other than the fluffed intro to Start Me Up my memory of Hyde Park (week 2) was that Keith (and the whole group for that matter) were playing great. The version of Happy was a little loose however.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 1, 2017 14:03

Are these the most secretive rehearsals ever (at least in the modern age)? Only a couple of photos released by the band members themselves, but no arriving/leaving fan photos, no excited reports (or recordings) of songs half heard...

A shame really, I used to love reading the breathless reports from the LA parking lots etc

Date: September 1, 2017 14:07

ChrisMahavishnu
Other than the fluffed intro to Start Me Up my memory of Hyde Park (week 2) was that Keith (and the whole group for that matter) were playing great. The version of Happy was a little loose however.

And Bitch? winking smiley

Date: September 1, 2017 14:16

peoplewitheyes
Are these the most secretive rehearsals ever (at least in the modern age)? Only a couple of photos released by the band members themselves, but no arriving/leaving fan photos, no excited reports (or recordings) of songs half heard...

A shame really, I used to love reading the breathless reports from the LA parking lots etc

Totally agree with you, this band is getting so top secret its laughable.

I too miss all the reports and the pics of them arriving etc.

If i see Karls ugly mug one more time i'm outta here, where are the boys, Keef , where are you !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-01 14:25 by stone4ever.

Date: September 1, 2017 14:18

DandelionPowderman
ChrisMahavishnu

I thought Happy and Bitch were pretty good, well as far as recent outings go winking smiley

Date: September 1, 2017 14:33

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
ChrisMahavishnu

I thought Happy and Bitch were pretty good, well as far as recent outings go winking smiley

Bitch fell apart, and Clark started singing in wrong places. It was a mess.

I enjoyed it just the same, but it's probably the poorest version of Bitch I've ever heard.

The version with «Mr. No dynamics», Dave Grohl, is a good second...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 1, 2017 14:40

Enough time for a small club gig in UK?

Date: September 1, 2017 15:41

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
ChrisMahavishnu

Bitch fell apart, and Clark started singing in wrong places. It was a mess.

I enjoyed it just the same, but it's probably the poorest version of Bitch I've ever heard.

The version with «Mr. No dynamics», Dave Grohl, is a good second...

This is a good version 2015 Arrowhead Stadium
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 1, 2017 16:03

Half the fun is the run up rehearsal chat - Pauliwall where are you when we need you ?

Date: September 1, 2017 16:15

EJM
Half the fun is the run up rehearsal chat - Pauliwall where are you when we need you ?

At home ... why ?

Date: September 1, 2017 16:18

I hope our «correspondents» get many experiences like this

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 1, 2017 17:02

You promised stalking, photographing, information - it was all lies

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

This Thread has been closed