Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 61
Re: Mick Jagger "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost"
Posted by: z ()
Date: August 14, 2017 23:46

DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman

I demand to reduce two posts from DP's count.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 15, 2017 00:08

I could just type "." into thread after thread and surpass the post count of both DP and Rockman by the end of the month....

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 15, 2017 00:10

z
DandelionPowderman

DandelionPowderman

I demand to reduce two posts from DP's count.

Considering some of the other posts in this thread, I'd say those two DP posts deserve extra merit as opposed to a reduction penalty.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: August 15, 2017 06:22

Rocky Dijon
35love, your effusive remarks leave a bitter taste of positivism in our otherwise cynical, self-loathing, contemptuous thread. Kindly restrain yourself woman, lest you infect others with your example.

yes it's catching. I'm starting to feel pleasant and postive and it's pissing me off. Knock it off 35.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 15, 2017 06:25

Now you've done it. Now Hopkins is happy. "No wonder we keep him down in the fu*king basement."

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 16:29

The video for Gotta Get A Grip simply looks like trying to climb out of that hell hole of hell on earth into Heaven on earth.

Sorry to disturb the discussion.

Carry on. And keep climbing.

Date: August 15, 2017 20:27

Actual discussion on topic is welcome and long overdue. I didn't really much care for the video. Had they added Mick performing the song inside the club, I would have enjoyed it more. Apart from "Doom and Gloom," none of the Universal music videos have bothered showing the band as they are today. I've never really been comfortable with that since it appears Universal isn't comfortable with the fact that their ages.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: August 15, 2017 23:01

Rocky Dijon
Actual discussion on topic is welcome and long overdue. I didn't really much care for the video. Had they added Mick performing the song inside the club, I would have enjoyed it more. Apart from "Doom and Gloom," none of the Universal music videos have bothered showing the band as they are today. I've never really been comfortable with that since it appears Universal isn't comfortable with the fact that their ages.

Both videos were disappointing. As "maverick" as Mick's release approach was, these videos were so old school/retro as to be almost laughable. A real missed oppty, in my opinion.

"England Lost" is very funny; the arty b&w video is so earnest and obvs.

"Gotta Get a Grip" could have profited from the ridiculous energy and inventiveness of something like the video from DJ Snake's "Turn Down for What."

I'm digging Mick's songs a little bit more every day; haven't watched the videos since the first day.

Date: August 16, 2017 00:09

I've seen the videos twice. "England Lost" is really well done, but it plays like clips from a movie and doesn't really seem like a video at all.

I play the songs once every couple days. I like them, but like a lot of modern Stones (together and/or apart); I find I enjoy bits more than the whole. I often end up feeling I could have made something better of the tracks if they'd let me produce it. That's terribly arrogant considering I've never produced anything in my life; but as a fan and music lover, you can't help feeling you know better. Would it sell any better? Probably not. Would the artist be happier? Probably not. That's why God in His infinite wisdom created message boards.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 16, 2017 00:49

Gotta Get A Grip simply looks like trying to climb out of that hell hole of hell on earth into Heaven on earth.

Yep that's how I roughly saw it ... maybe not a heaven BUT at least climbing into a or escaping to better place on earth ...

.... EL vid ... "Where did you think you could go? ... pull yourself together" ... again carries the message .... You gotta get a grip

ROCKMAN

Date: August 16, 2017 00:49

Rocky Dijon
I've seen the videos twice. "England Lost" is really well done, but it plays like clips from a movie and doesn't really seem like a video at all.

I play the songs once every couple days. I like them, but like a lot of modern Stones (together and/or apart); I find I enjoy bits more than the whole. I often end up feeling I could have made something better of the tracks if they'd let me produce it. That's terribly arrogant considering I've never produced anything in my life; but as a fan and music lover, you can't help feeling you know better. Would it sell any better? Probably not. Would the artist be happier? Probably not. That's why God in His infinite wisdom created message boards.

F*ck message boards, Mr Dijon!

Download Audacity and knock yourself out!

Date: August 16, 2017 02:58

Kind of you, LongBeach. For my purposes, I would need earlier takes that haven't been released or circulated. I wouldn't really want to polish what has come out. Basically, I want to take away the fairy dust and hear what sounds like a live studio take. And to be fair, even if an early take made the file sharing rounds, I still wouldn't really spend the time. At the end of the day, I pay for my ticket even if I do complain.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2017 16:46

Rocky Dijon
Kind of you, LongBeach. For my purposes, I would need earlier takes that haven't been released or circulated. I wouldn't really want to polish what has come out. Basically, I want to take away the fairy dust and hear what sounds like a live studio take. And to be fair, even if an early take made the file sharing rounds, I still wouldn't really spend the time. At the end of the day, I pay for my ticket even if I do complain.

And, have you bought any tickets lately? Non-Filtered?

Date: August 16, 2017 17:34

I fear not. I've had the pleasure of seeing the Stones three times in my life. The last was Cleveland 2002.

"Pay for your ticket and don't complain" was a line I was deliberately mangling from Dylan's "Silvio."

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: August 16, 2017 18:03

Rocky Dijon

My favourite video has got to be Jagger's 'Lets Work'!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 16, 2017 18:18

mattstones

My favourite video has got to be Jagger's 'Lets Work'!

directed by genius Zbigniew Rybczynski

by the way I think that the lyrics video to EL is brilliant

Date: August 16, 2017 18:32

Didn't Rybczynski also do "Say You Will" or was that Mary Lambert?

In any event, I'm happiest with Julien Temple, David Mallet, or Michael Lindsay-Hogg.

Date: August 16, 2017 19:54

England Lost is GREAT.

Mick has once again showed that he is exceptioanlly gifted to understand the key of the new trends and wisely mix them with his own roots.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 16, 2017 20:45

Rocky Dijon
Didn't Rybczynski also do "Say You Will" or was that Mary Lambert?

In any event, I'm happiest with Julien Temple, David Mallet, or Michael Lindsay-Hogg.

Now I just think you're showing off a steel trap memory ;-)
Anyway, can't remember if you're a periscoper, but it is nerve wracking jolly fun

Date: August 16, 2017 21:08

I don't watch on periscope, but I follow the threads in real time until I get the set list. I rely on RS.com for video clips. If I watch uploads from cell phones, I get crabby...or at least crabbier.

And no, I really do like Temple, Mallet, and Lindsay-Hogg's videos best!

Date: August 16, 2017 23:04

You guys are all such fogeys! I'm older than alla youse put together and even I'm taken aback by the dinosaurs on parade here.

Shld you want to ck out a hot music video director who's not 100 years old:

Kahlil Joseph

Date: August 16, 2017 23:34

You think that's bad LongBeach, I still watch silent movies.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 17, 2017 00:31

Rocky Dijon

A serious case, indeed.

Date: August 17, 2017 01:20

I see myself more as a man of, if not wealth, at least taste.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 17, 2017 02:12

retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

A serious case, indeed.

Douglas Fairbanks!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 17, 2017 02:25

bleedingman
retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

A serious case, indeed.

Douglas Fairbanks!

Tina Russell!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 17, 2017 02:31

............ Pandora's Box

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: August 17, 2017 04:17

Rockman
Gotta Get A Grip simply looks like trying to climb out of that hell hole of hell on earth into Heaven on earth.

Yep that's how I roughly saw it ... maybe not a heaven BUT at least climbing into a or escaping to better place on earth ...

.... EL vid ... "Where did you think you could go? ... pull yourself together" ... again carries the message .... You gotta get a grip

Yes, Rockkeeeeee

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: August 17, 2017 07:16

Rocky Dijon
I fear not. I've had the pleasure of seeing the Stones three times in my life. The last was Cleveland 2002.

That was a damn good show! Opened with SFM. Five tracks from "Exile". Stray Cat Blues on the B-stage. My favorite Licks Tour show. cool smiley

Date: August 17, 2017 17:18

It was a great show. If it's the last time I attend a concert, it was a good way to bow out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2141
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home