Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 9, 2017 14:25

Toru A
kowalski
Japan SHM-CD edition - yes, a small postcard is included... and a "vintage" poster too :

Received it with a poster today. What a fond memory!
Nice!
Just a stupid question. Is Japanese mastering any different from European? Could you kindly provide DR values.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 9, 2017 15:11

ironbelly
Toru A
kowalski
Japan SHM-CD edition - yes, a small postcard is included... and a "vintage" poster too :

Received it with a poster today. What a fond memory!
Nice!
Just a stupid question. Is Japanese mastering any different from European? Could you kindly provide DR values.

I can't exactly tell what the sound is because I ripped all tracks to 24bit/96KHz by dBpoweramp as soon as I receive it.

I guess the same mix as in the movie as you mentioned earlier on. (awful sound all around here and there)
Japanese version is in paper sleeve, though.winking smiley

Date: June 9, 2017 15:34

Toru A
ironbelly

Nice!

I can't exactly tell what the sound is because I ripped all tracks to 24bit/96KHz by dBpoweramp as soon as I receive it.

I guess the same mix as in the movie as you mentioned earlier on. (awful sound all around here and there)
Japanese version is in paper sleeve, though.winking smiley
Thank you! I expect the same mastering too. Judging the fact they utilizes the same mastering for all recent Vault releases. As a matter of fact Marquee 71 CD from Ward records is 1-to-1 digital clone to regular European CD.
Regarding papersleeves - I am not big fan of those. I prefer old-good heavy jewel cases (especially those with smooth sided covers) winking smiley. It is different tactile feeling, you know, 70-80gr for papersleeve vs. 120-130gr for jewel case. Although, extras with the Japanese CD's sometimes make me shivers winking smiley.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 9, 2017 16:08

Hi Toru, what kind of postcard did you get with your SHM-CD? Mine has Jagger on it.

Date: June 9, 2017 16:27

kowalski
Hi Toru, what kind of postcard did you get with your SHM-CD? Mine has Jagger on it.
Mine is Jagger on it, too.

Date: June 10, 2017 03:23

Toru A
kowalski
Mine is Jagger on it, too.

Thanks/ So everyone is getting the same postcard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 10, 2017 03:45

Postcards........

Mick in the single SHM - CD ....

Keith postcard size in the deluxe SHM/Blueray box

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-10 03:49 by Rockman.

Date: June 10, 2017 05:06

There's just one more thing.
Audience applause sounds were annoying me. It seems unnatural.
Is that sound effect?

Date: June 10, 2017 10:57

Toru A
There's just one more thing.
Audience applause sounds were annoying me. It seems unnatural.
Is that sound effect?
This is not the only annoying thing. At 1.54 in Gimme Shelter there is a boom note that sounds almost like the first note of the telephone ring in my office. At that point I'm like a dog at the end of Sgt. Peppers winking smiley.
BTW, what do you think about sound effects between 3.35 and 3.47 in Dead Flowers and between 4.07 and 4.11 in Tumbling Dice - tape drag or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-10 12:26 by ironbelly.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 11, 2017 18:43

actually a bit disapointing : not the release, but the fans here on IORR. Five and a half pages of anticipating a possibly bad release, due to not remixing of the recordings, then, after the release one page of discussion about postcards and posters coming with the japanese release.Then nothing more.

Friends, this is just tremendous. THE BEST ROCK'N'ROLL BAND at the top of their game (1972/73), performing a selection of some of their best songs, recorded 972, and finally officially released 45 years later. For me as a long time fan this is just a gift. Could it have been better (remastered, or remixed)? Probably, but I'm not sure. Butchering the ancient tapes with modern techniques does not necesseraly lead to better results ....

So I enjoy the power of MY band, and therefore I enjoy this release.

resotele

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 11, 2017 23:00

Sure, but i guess everybody yet got it as a superbe sounding bootleg. So if the sound and mixing is not better than what we used to listen to, there are only postcards remaining...

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 11, 2017 23:26

resotele
actually a bit disapointing : not the release, but the fans here on IORR. Five and a half pages of anticipating a possibly bad release, due to not remixing of the recordings, then, after the release one page of discussion about postcards and posters coming with the japanese release.Then nothing more.

Friends, this is just tremendous. THE BEST ROCK'N'ROLL BAND at the top of their game (1972/73), performing a selection of some of their best songs, recorded 972, and finally officially released 45 years later. For me as a long time fan this is just a gift. Could it have been better (remastered, or remixed)? Probably, but I'm not sure. Butchering the ancient tapes with modern techniques does not necesseraly lead to better results ....

resotele

well hey hey hey; thats what i say...thumbs up eye rolling smiley smiling bouncing smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 11, 2017 23:39

If only they would use decent mastering on the "new" releases sad smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 12, 2017 00:05

resotele

resotele

I can hear no "butchering" of the MSG 1969 bonus tracks for YaYa's Deluxe or the 1965 live recordings for Charlie Is My Darling/Live In England 1965.

In case they still have the L&G multitracks, there's no excuse to release a CD version of an already existing DVD/Blue-ray soundtrack with the same unsatisfactory sound. If you treat that as a "gift" just because it's an official audio only release after 45 years, then I can't help you. For me the "gift" was when L&G was finally released officially on DVD/Blue-ray - for the better picture quality compared to the circulating boots.

Date: June 12, 2017 05:22

resotele

resotele

Maybe it's because the CD has yet to be released in most parts of the world.
In Europe it will be released on June 16.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-12 05:37 by kowalski.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 12, 2017 05:33

For me, the Camden Theatre show on GRRR from the BBC's "Rhythm and Blues" programme along with LIVE IN ENGLAND 1965, the expanded YA-YA'S, the complete LEEDS LUNGS OUT, the LADIES AND GENTLEMEN soundtrack, the official BRUSSELS AFFAIR, SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS, HAMPTON 1981, STRIPPED, and the counterfeit STRIPPED COMPANION with the B-sides from the CD singles are the essential live recordings for me.

Date: June 12, 2017 12:57

kowalski
resotele

resotele

Not 100% true. It is already in stores in EU. I got my copy from FNAC on June 8 and the sticker says it was in the store on June 7.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 12, 2017 16:04

Sure, I'm disappointed that L&G didn't receive the full Bob Clearmountain treatment like the previous vault releases, but the sound is still better than the early bootlegs from the film (and most live bootlegs from that era). I would think there is a reason for this, such as missing or decayed master tapes. I doubt it was just laziness since it seems they went to a lot of trouble mixing the previous releases. Of course I can't wait to buy it, even though it's not likely to differ from my DVD rip.

Does anybody have any info on the master tapes?

Date: June 12, 2017 16:16

ironbelly
kowalski
resotele

Not 100% true. It is already in stores in EU. I got my copy from FNAC on June 8 and the sticker says it was in the store on June 7.

amazon.fr says June 16... I guess it's good for the retail stores that can get it sooner.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 12, 2017 18:05

Ross
Sure, I'm disappointed that L&G didn't receive the full Bob Clearmountain treatment like the previous vault releases, but the sound is still better than the early bootlegs from the film (and most live bootlegs from that era). I would think there is a reason for this, such as missing or decayed master tapes. I doubt it was just laziness since it seems they went to a lot of trouble mixing the previous releases. Of course I can't wait to buy it, even though it's not likely to differ from my DVD rip.

Does anybody have any info on the master tapes?

Yes -I think you're right about it being a reason for the bad quality. It would be great if someone here have any information on the mastertapes.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 12, 2017 19:45

S.T.P
It would be great if someone here have any information on the mastertapes.

It was mentioned here : [iorr.org]

Date: June 12, 2017 22:25

Thanks! I guess it will forever remain a great bootleg. Still though, I wonder if they keept the original audio reels in the same place. I've heard a different source for Happy with perfect sound and sepparation of the instruments on another boot. Also that makes me think of the posibility of mixing a new version of the songs..?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 12, 2017 22:39

dcba
S.T.P
It would be great if someone here have any information on the mastertapes.

It was mentioned here : [iorr.org]

"Years ago I found the Stones "Pretty Thing"(Crawdaddy Club movie) film and the negative for Giorgio, but due to some unpaid bills I was not able to secure it at that time."

This gives me hope that this film still exists.
I won't be holding my breath, though.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 00:54

resotele

resotele

I agree, my only complaint - would have loved a couple bonus tracks if they fit like Rocks Off...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 13, 2017 04:02

a full/complete 1972 show (from the vaults) is still missing!
This is hardly anything new.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 13, 2017 17:11

Eleanor Rigby

Let's hope for a standalone release of

GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT!
and
BRUSSELS

Perhaps I will buy the Ladies-CD despite of the "bad" sound - because any Mick Taylor soundboard is a good soundboard !

Date: June 13, 2017 18:26

Anyone knows if there will be options for downloading or streaming on this one?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 13, 2017 19:30

S.T.P

Anyone knows if there will be options for downloading or streaming on this one?

Ladies & Gentlemen - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Some Girls: Live In Texas '78 - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Live At The Checkerboard Lounge - [www.Qobuz.com] , [iTunes.apple.com] , [Play.Google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 11:50 by Irix.

Date: June 13, 2017 20:01

Alright, thanks!

Date: June 13, 2017 20:41

glimmertwin1
Eleanor Rigby

Let's hope for a standalone release of

GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT!
and
BRUSSELS

Perhaps I will buy the Ladies-CD despite of the "bad" sound - because any Mick Taylor soundboard is a good soundboard !

In the meantime I'm sure you are wearing out your Marquee-cdsmiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home