Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Date: May 2, 2017 08:41

TravelinMan
Mick must really hate his vocal takes on Rocks Off and Don't Lie to Me. sad smiley

Not including Sweet Black Angel I understand (it's rough), but I LOVE that they tried it the first time with the cameras rolling.

Don't Lie To Me fell apart and was finished early - hence Mick's comments "is it really, really real"... Great version, though smiling smiley

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 2, 2017 12:08

TravelinMan
Mick must really hate his vocal takes on Rocks Off and Don't Lie to Me. sad smiley

Not including Sweet Black Angel I understand (it's rough), but I LOVE that they tried it the first time with the cameras rolling.

I'd still love to see these songs, no matter how bad Jagger thinks they are.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:47

From Universal Music Japan:

Ladies and Gentlemen will also be released as a superdeluxe edition with CD, Blu-Ray and a special T-Shirt.

It will be included a Blu-Ray edition of the documentary Stones in Exile and its bonus are the same we already have on the first superdeluxe edition of Ladies and Gentlemen, which was released in 2010.

[store.universal-music.co.jp]

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:14

I just received May issue of RollingStonesMag which features "The 50 greatest concerts of the last 50 years" list. For the stones the magazine picked up the 1972 North American tour.That new release comes just on time to benefice from that free promo from Rolling Stones mag.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 2, 2017 17:38

boogaloojef
[www.imwan.com]

Release date is June 16 along with cd only releases of the Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters Live Chicago 1981 and Some Girls Live in Texas 1978.

It's about time. I don't know why a cd was not released with the dvd in the first place.

The LIVE IN TEXAS CD was a bit odd at first - I went to make a copy for my truck and... it wouldn't copy.

It's too long.

Blank CDs are promoted as 80 minutes but the actual recording space is 79:30.

So I removed Imagination.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 2, 2017 17:55

GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
[www.imwan.com]

Release date is June 16 along with cd only releases of the Checkerboard Lounge with Muddy Waters Live Chicago 1981 and Some Girls Live in Texas 1978.

It's about time. I don't know why a cd was not released with the dvd in the first place.

The LIVE IN TEXAS CD was a bit odd at first - I went to make a copy for my truck and... it wouldn't copy.

It's too long.

You should use overburn option. I believe there was such a pre-set in Nero. In that case you can burn up to 90 min. on CD-R but it would be problematic to play it on certain players.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 2, 2017 18:08

ironbelly
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
[www.imwan.com]

It's too long.

You should use overburn option. I believe there was such a pre-set in Nero. In that case you can burn up to 90 min. on CD-R but it would be problematic to play it on certain players.

I made a copy for the car without any problems.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 2, 2017 19:35

Deltics
ironbelly
GasLightStreet
boogaloojef
[www.imwan.com]

It's too long.

I made a copy for the car without any problems.

Same with me...no problems to burn the whole on CD-R.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 20:59

I too hope they remaster the sound and release on vinyl! With the original cover from the lost live album, the jagger tumbling dice drawing. Very cool!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: May 2, 2017 21:38

Wasn't it technically the "North American Tour" and not the "World Tour"?

Funny enough, that's why I never bought that shirt online.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 23:52

I pre-ordered L&G and Texas 78 on US Amazon for $15.98 with a June 16 ship date. Knowing Amazon the price will probably be closer to $12 by shipping time and its worth taking a chance.

Date: May 3, 2017 16:51

timmyj3
I pre-ordered L&G and Texas 78 on US Amazon for $15.98 with a June 16 ship date. Knowing Amazon the price will probably be closer to $12 by shipping time and its worth taking a chance.

L&G was 12.99 last night. What do you mean taking a chance?0

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 3, 2017 17:05

Taking a chance that the sound quality on L&G is bumped up a bit. Plus the cost is reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-03 17:06 by timmyj3.

Date: May 3, 2017 17:16

Oh gotcha, thanks.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 3, 2017 18:25

timmyj3
Taking a chance that the sound quality on L&G is bumped up a bit. Plus the cost is reasonable.

I would' count on better sound. But hey, purchasing it is a "no brainer". It's easily the best consert album so far...

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: May 4, 2017 00:27

I hope they release it on vinyl. The 2LP bootleg includes the Montreux rehearsals on the last side.

Date: May 4, 2017 01:19

S.T.P
timmyj3

I would' count on better sound. But hey, purchasing it is a "no brainer". It's easily the best consert album so far...

No, it's not better than Brussels in any way, imo.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: May 4, 2017 04:05

DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
timmyj3

The set list is better. Too bad they didn't include Rocks Off on Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-04 04:10 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2017 04:15

Irix
SHM-CD: Universal-Music.co.jp · UICY-78338

Haha, check out the Google translation of the setlist from Japanese to English:

1 Introduction
2 brown · sugar
3 Bits
4 Gimme Shelter
5 Dead Flowers
6 Happy
7 Roll the dice
8 Empty love
9 Sweet Virginia
10 heartless world
11 All Down Down The Line
12 Midnight Rambler
13 By Bi Johnny
14 Lip · Joint · Joint
15 Jumpin Jack Flash
16 Street Fighting Man

grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-04 04:24 by Koen.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 4, 2017 11:31

Koen
Irix
SHM-CD: Universal-Music.co.jp · UICY-78338

Haha, check out the Google translation of the setlist from Japanese to English:

1 Introduction
2 brown · sugar
3 Bits
4 Gimme Shelter
5 Dead Flowers
6 Happy
7 Roll the dice
8 Empty love
9 Sweet Virginia
10 heartless world
11 All Down Down The Line
12 Midnight Rambler
13 By Bi Johnny
14 Lip · Joint · Joint
15 Jumpin Jack Flash
16 Street Fighting Man

grinning smiley

Who doesn't love Bits? grinning smiley

Date: May 4, 2017 11:53

boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
timmyj3

The set list is better. Too bad they didn't include Rocks Off on Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones.

Both setlists are great. The sound is excellent on Brussels - the performance as well. The sound is poor on L&G, and the performance is uneven and somewhat tired. Not a representative compilation of their best performances in 1972, imo.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 4, 2017 12:31

DandelionPowderman
the performance is uneven and somewhat tired. Not a representative compilation of their best performances in 1972, imo.

Yes! In 1972 the Stones delivered their best shows after the late June/early July short "holiday".

Date: May 4, 2017 12:34

dcba
DandelionPowderman
the performance is uneven and somewhat tired. Not a representative compilation of their best performances in 1972, imo.

Yes! In 1972 the Stones delivered their best shows after the late June/early July short "holiday".

Spot on!

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: May 4, 2017 16:08

DandelionPowderman
boogaloojef
DandelionPowderman
S.T.P
timmyj3

Both setlists are great. The sound is excellent on Brussels - the performance as well. The sound is poor on L&G, and the performance is uneven and somewhat tired. Not a representative compilation of their best performances in 1972, imo.

The performance is better on the bootleg version than on the official release of Brussels since the official release is mostly from the later show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-04 16:10 by boogaloojef.

Date: May 4, 2017 18:12

I perfectly understand that many are arguing that the '73 shows were even better than the 72 tour, but I must say that the Brussels show released on the vault is not as good as ie.the London shows. Also dont forget that songs like Happy, Brown Sugar, LIV, DF,ADL, JJF, SFM are stellar versions on L&G...

Date: May 4, 2017 18:21

...Also as much as I'm a fan of MT's playingm, I steel never liked his aproach (read slide noodling) on Brown Sugar on the european tour. It almost sounds like he doesn't give a sh... about how it comes out (IMO).

Date: May 4, 2017 18:36

In general, I prefer the 72 tour, but L&G just didn't capture the Stones at their best on that tour, imo.

The Brussels bootleg has songs from multiple shows, while the official release has songs from the Brussels shows only.

Date: May 4, 2017 18:44

Ok I agree then. Would have been fun to have heard St. Louis '72. Norfolk and Acron etc. were really good shows!

Date: May 4, 2017 18:46

S.T.P
...Also as much as I'm a fan of MT's playingm, I steel never liked his aproach (read slide noodling) on Brown Sugar on the european tour. It almost sounds like he doesn't give a sh... about how it comes out (IMO).

When I first heard his slide on the Brussels bootleg the hair on my arm stood up. It gives Brown Sugar a swampy feel to me. I love that tone: it's like Clapton's Woman Tone, but with slide. He employs it on Happy as well. To each his own!

I prefer the band in 1971, 1972, and Pacific 1973 to Europe '73 due to Nicky Hopkins. Although, both bands are incredible and I'm glad we have a variety. If only a live version of Wild Horses was floating out there somewhere. It really made me angry to know it was supposed to be played at the Marquee in '71.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 4, 2017 19:03

No cover art for L&G yet?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home