Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 20, 2017 04:20

kowalski
Ladies and Gentlemen has to be a new mix. As it is currently, it's unlistenable. I can't imagine them releasing it with the same mix as on the DVD.

Hopefully, Bob Clearmountain will work on it before it is released on cd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 04:21 by boogaloojef.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2017 05:09

hockenheim95
By the way does it mean that Eagle Rock is allowed to release audio only concerts? I didn't think this was allowed in the past due to other contracts.

Eagle Rock is a subsidiary of UMG.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 20, 2017 05:10

Hound Dog
Do people really still buy Cds?

Damn right! I like my LPs on vinyl and CD.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 20, 2017 06:02

Is there a problem with this mix u think?
[www.youtube.com]

one month after the Ladies and Gent shoot:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 20, 2017 06:07

I'm sure the mix is the same as the DVD. Clearmountain already worked on it in 2010. The murky sound of the 1972 shows fit EXILE. Through STEEL WHEELS, each tour seemed to fit the album in terms of sound. I suppose this is the end product of the 1972 From the Vault release James Karnbach was telling us about ages ago.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 20, 2017 10:29

Rocky Dijon
I'm sure the mix is the same as the DVD. Clearmountain already worked on it in 2010. The murky sound of the 1972 shows fit EXILE. Through STEEL WHEELS, each tour seemed to fit the album in terms of sound. I suppose this is the end product of the 1972 From the Vault release James Karnbach was telling us about ages ago.

In which case, we could be looking at something beyond just the soundtrack to the L&G film as James mentioned, iirc, they were considering releasing "The Long Lost 1972 Album" as best as it could be recreated, and that some unseen concert footage of Boston had also surfaced.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 20, 2017 11:19

slewan
yawn – anybody can rip the sound form a DVD…

Yes this is pointless BS. Releasing the L&G soundtrack on CD while the pro SB tapes from Philie have been lying on a shelf for 45 years... eye rolling smiley

Date: April 20, 2017 11:23

hopkins
Is there a problem with this mix u think?
[www.youtube.com]

one month after the Ladies and Gent shoot:
[www.youtube.com]

I think the recording was the main problem with L&G, but it sounds so dry and lacks a lot of punch. Only Taylor's fuzz guitar cuts through in the mix. The drums are lifeless, as is Keith's open G-guitar. The bass sounds unbalanced, frequency-wise.

Yeah, it's a bad mix, but I think it also was a bad recording..

The funny thing is that bootlegs as L&G (Swinging Pig) and You Can't Do That, Baby sound superior smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 11:24 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2017 11:45

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones Japan Exclusive Set [CD+2Blu-ray / Limited Edition
The Rolling Stones

This is a Japan exclusive deluxe box set of "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," consisting of a CD, 2 Blu-ray discs, a booklet, a poster, and a postcard. Mainly features the concert movie "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," capturing their performances in the North America tour in 1972. Each the CD and a Blu-ray disc (1) includes 15 tracks respectively. Blu-ray disc (2) features "Stones in Exile," an official documentary movie. Box Size: W15.5 x H15.5 x D3cm.

CD JAPAN

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 11:46 by Rockman.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 20, 2017 11:58

Rockman
Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones Japan Exclusive Set [CD+2Blu-ray / Limited Edition
The Rolling Stones

This is a Japan exclusive deluxe box set of "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," consisting of a CD, 2 Blu-ray discs, a booklet, a poster, and a postcard. Mainly features the concert movie "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," capturing their performances in the North America tour in 1972. Each the CD and a Blu-ray disc (1) includes 15 tracks respectively. Blu-ray disc (2) features "Stones in Exile," an official documentary movie. Box Size: W15.5 x H15.5 x D3cm.

CD JAPAN

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
And priced at usual premium-Japanese. But this time on Blueray winking smiley.

Date: April 20, 2017 12:06

Rockman
The Rolling Stones

CD JAPAN

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Cool set, pity they didn't release it first time around with the CD.

Date: April 20, 2017 12:38

Father Ted
Rockman
The Rolling Stones

CD JAPAN

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

That would be totally against the business of our boys.

How they would make you to purchase the same stuff once again this time if you already bought the CD in 2010?

Date: April 20, 2017 12:49

ironbelly
Father Ted
Rockman
The Rolling Stones

CD JAPAN

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

That would be totally against the business of our boys.

How they would make you to purchase the same stuff once again this time if you already bought the CD in 2010?

And once we buy the CD, they'll release Ladies & Gents again in 2020 with the missing songs as a bonus DVD. I know their game!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 14:00 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: April 20, 2017 13:01

This is great news! But will this CD be released seperately or just in the Japan box? And no double LP?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 13:03 by Kuntaman.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 20, 2017 13:15

Kuntaman

But will this CD be released separately or just in the Japan box?

Also available as single SHM-CD (June 07, 2017):

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)] [SHM-CD] [Limited Edition]

[www.CDJapan.co.jp] - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Date: April 20, 2017 13:18

Kuntaman
This is great news! But will this CD be released seperately or just in the Japan box? And no double LP?
There will be separate Japanese limited edition of SHM-CD
[www.cdjapan.co.jp]
Hardly believe this is a budget-price thing. Think the total (including S&H + European IVA or whatever consumer taxes) would be around 36 Euros.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 20, 2017 13:19

Sly ....

Deluxe box --- 1 CD -- 2 Blue-ray second DVD features Stones In Exile

CD - 1 SHM CD

DVD - 2 DVD

Bluray - 1 Blue-ray disc

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 20, 2017 13:40

Release date: June 7, 2017 -- [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] :

SHM-CD: Universal-Music.co.jp · UICY-78338

Blu-ray + SHM-CD: Universal-Music.co.jp · UICY-78339

DVD: Universal-Music.co.jp · UIBY-15084

Blu-ray: Universal-Music.co.jp · UIXY-15017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-20 13:50 by Irix.

Date: April 20, 2017 14:16

Is the CD going to get a European release?

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 20, 2017 14:33

boogaloojef
kowalski
Ladies and Gentlemen has to be a new mix. As it is currently, it's unlistenable. I can't imagine them releasing it with the same mix as on the DVD.

Hopefully, Bob Clearmountain will work on it before it is released on cd.

If I remember correctly there is a great sounding Happy on 25X5.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 20, 2017 17:53

Father Ted

Yes it will.
June 16

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in Jun
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 20, 2017 18:51

dcba
Yes this is pointless BS. Releasing the L&G soundtrack on CD while the pro SB tapes from Philie have been lying on a shelf for 45 years... eye rolling smiley

S.T.P.

Yeah, this is a rip off!

Why is it a rip-off??? It's a simple re-release without the dvd's. There is nothing new here and if you have it already, then let it pass.
Sometimes I wonder if people are just complaining just for the sake of it.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in Jun
Date: April 20, 2017 19:02

Blueranger

Why is it a rip-off??? It's a simple re-release without the dvd's. There is nothing new here and if you have it already, then let it pass.
Actually, for L&G this will be the 1st official release on CD.

For the other pair - Some Girls live in Texas and Checkerboard Lounge - this would be re issue w/o DVD. And from my point of view - pointless re-issue because those CD+DVD combos were on market for quite some time (and in past few months with great discounts). Only extremely lazy fan did not found a way to the store to pick a copy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 20, 2017 19:03

Blueranger

It's not complaining it's rational reasoning. How many "slots" are there for a 1972 release? If they decide to put out the L& soundtrack now it logically means the rumoured Philie comp won't be out this year or the next year.

That's a damn shame to me...

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 20, 2017 19:16

Blueranger
dcba

S.T.P.

Yeah, this is a rip off!

Hey! Stop complaining about my complainsgrinning smiley
I'm only stating the fact that it's a really noisy recording with bad separation of the instruments. I can't imagine they ever found a first generation of the master reels. The new bonus tracks from Ya yas are in a much better condition. One can actually hear what everyone is playing on it, and also my ears aren't bleeding after a listeningsmoking smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: April 20, 2017 20:06

rootsman
Hound Dog
Do people really still buy Cds?

Yes.

Me too....By the bucket load.

Charity shops and Amazon marketplace are my best friends!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: April 20, 2017 20:13

Doc
Father Ted

Yes it will.
June 16

Thanks Doc.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 20, 2017 20:50

I too suspect it's just gonna be the same ol' flat mix of the songs from L&G.
There gotta be material available on multitapes from '72 ... Philly, Pittsburgh, New York (?), Houston, Fort Worth ... it all begs for release. Sure, who knows what has deteriorated to uselessness or been stolen from the vaults, but heck, even a copy of Philadelphia Special or Keep Your Motor Runnin' would (strictly speaking) be a better release than the soundtrack straight from L&G.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 20, 2017 21:00

You would think within the last 20 years at least somebody would have suggested recording all the old tapes to a digital format.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: April 21, 2017 00:14

SHM CD in Japan:
[www.universal-music.co.jp]

External Bonus a retro paper poster
Catalog No. UICY-78338
JAN/ISBN 4988031225387
Product Type CD SHM-CD
Number of Discs 1
Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC

*Advanced Japanese release. Features a concert movie "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones," capturing their performances in the North America tour in 1972. Contains 15 tracks. This Japan edition exclusively features cardboard sleeve packaging and SHM-CD format. Comes with a postcard.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home