Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Date: June 27, 2017 15:48

I'll take the «No Security-version» smiling smiley

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:22

Just listened on Spotify -better quality than expected, but still quite muffled. Decent show at best.

Mathijs

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 27, 2017 16:25

Top 200 Album Sales US: Week Ending June 22, 2017

TW|Artist|Title|Album sales|Retail sales|Independent sales|Mass merchant sales|Non traditional sales
169 The Rolling Stones - Ladies & Gentlemen 1,893 34 559 0 1,300

This is the sales chart, not the Billboard 200 which includes streams.

Not much people interested on the last bunch of live sets, less than 2,000 copies sold...

Date: June 27, 2017 16:29

Mathijs
Just listened on Spotify -better quality than expected, but still quite muffled. Decent show at best.

Mathijs

Do you think it's a quad fold-down?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:38

Is this an official release , or is this a download only ,or is this a bootleg ?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: June 27, 2017 21:57

TheGreek
Is this an official release , or is this a download only ,or is this a bootleg ?

It's an official release by Eagle rock.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: June 28, 2017 13:13

Deltics
TheGreek

It's an official release by Eagle rock.
[www.amazon.co.uk]
Thanks, I just finally found it listed at BestBuy.com.

Date: June 28, 2017 13:22

12.99, not bad, Greek thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 28, 2017 16:20

The album debuted at #151 on the UK chart selling about 800 copies, it is #85 on physical sales.
It's the only one from the latest releases to make the Top 200.

For some strange reason, Some Girls also re-entered the UK chart at #170, first time since the 2011 re-issue. Maybe it was on sale on some store.

Date: June 28, 2017 18:06

DandelionPowderman
12.99, not bad, Greek thumbs up
It's okay and they give you bonus points, which you use towards a purchase down the road .That's why for DVD's and CD's this is the place for me.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 28, 2017 18:55

Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah, too bad they did not cull a show from 4 shows after Texas. There were some terrific performances later in the tour as the band headed to the finish.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 29, 2017 05:48

pmk251
Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah, too bad they did not cull a show from 4 shows after Texas. There were some terrific performances later in the tour as the band headed to the finish.

Yes! But I have to admit, when I'm in my car, and I crank this up, I am in heaven. Sure I wish the sound was pristeen, but the performance is from the greatest lineup and it just floors me. I am thrilled to have this as an official release! God bless Mick Taylor!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 29, 2017 08:11

pmk251
Mathijs

Mathijs

Last show of tour @ MSG (birthday cake fight, jam w Stevie) shit hot breathless from start to finish. from the countoff to the send off; seventy minutes and more than enough. nothing has come close to beating that show in my life & had a home-town market that delivered all the top acts for us to go by. Just never seen anything quite like that before or since really...you get kicked by that horse you have the marks for life...i'd seen them earlier on that same tour too. nothing like this level of intensity...well maybe close here and there...i think people who turn their noses up at the L&G shows; 'middling' as they might be in comparison, must have a different frame of reference...you won't find someone who was at ANY of those Texas shows or thereafter with too much of a bitch I do not think.
Tho I'm mighty grateful for MSG. Honestly, had I just been judging by the pretty excellent D.C. show, all things considered I would not have had this impression. I'd be talking more about Stevie quite honestly, as solid as D.C. was for The Stones. It was certainly no collapse or close to a bad show by any measure.
...i don't know how it would compare with the Ft. Worth tapings really...tho I AM informed and do grow in understanding from fans with better understandings of these things...i'm open to, and enjoy, hearing other perspectives...

I like the camera work in L&G too; It's far too easy to dismiss and criticize tho I don't see many here having problems with it; aside from my own, wanting more coverage of the other members. The close ups on Taylor's leads is a total gift...as is the Keith footage tearing up Bye Bye Johnny...and actually all of it; let's just face it, it's great. We don't have Brussels on film...We have Gimme Shelter Yas Yas footage and this, from the 'golden period' pretty much.
I mean as pretty-much-whole-shows that were visually releasable and had great performances. Later we'd get tons of concert films and live videos and periscopes and everything....
The cinema verite quality visually; the roughness and smoothness at the same time. The 'sloppiness' that works, rather than the slickness that seperates. Even Mick's shiny makeup and custom Elvis Dr. Dentons can't mask the sweat and real grimace...RTJ has him out of breath and just laying down on stage for two seconds before wearily popping up into twirls swirls bends bows and waves...this is incredible stuff.

They gave a couple of guys a 16 mm camera and hopeed for the best and my oh my look what they done. A miracle and masterpiece...if these are middling shows, all the more credit to the fabulous Rolling Stones. Thank you Mick, Mick, Keith, Charlie. BILL, Stu, Nicky, Jim & Bobby. You set a standard no one has equalled for me. Not Van, Who, Jimi, Airplane, Chuck, Richard, Eric, George, Jeff, Faces, Ben E. King, Crystals, Dion, Dukes, Lukes, Pukes, Nukes, the Brooce, the Bob, the righteous brothers, carlos, turtles, byrds, 5 blind boys from alabam don't give a damn; nobody, nothing touched it very much at that level...at least for me live.
It was every folk and blues and country and rock and roll idiom aced casually, with control, abandon, sweat, blood and tears; and some guy in a one-sie with the footies cut off, leading the band - jumping around out of breath, hurling his body at the microphone, line by line, breath by breath, to scream, dance around, fade back and charge again.
It was ridiculous. It was heaven. You can't detail and encyclopedia-ize it past a point; or over-analyze it; pick it to death from decades hence and get the dimension of it I don't think.
But ironically, any one can! A newbie not shaving if they close their eyes and go with it. It is really phenomenol material and performance; they were still a real working recording band every second of their lives with heat intention and unity. I hear the name Tim Ries and i think wtf is up with people sometimes...i mean past a point you know?

t's not even an age or generation thing...it's a phenom of certain aficinados ...then again, some of the micro-criticisms and analyses from people are sometimes really interesting and revealing. and do teach, inform and inspire me.
I guess these are issues of relative exposure and at what age and period of the band that fans run into for their first massive inspirational hit, or at least that must be part of the story.
They got so ridculous-big so fast; and then it got so much bigger it was it's own seperate thing from the actual music more and more in some ways.
I'm glad to see this reach light of day. I care not that much if it sells a few hundred or thousand or million. It's more than history. Its more than personal. It's a mysterious and sacred thing when all cylinders are pumping true, this rock and roll thing.
A little cutie takes your hate and you say thank you maam...

Date: June 29, 2017 13:03

hopkins
pmk251
Mathijs

Mathijs

Last show of tour @ MSG (birthday cake fight, jam w Stevie) shit hot breathless from start to finish. from the countoff to the send off; seventy minutes and more than enough. nothing has come close to beating that show in my life & had a home-town market that delivered all the top acts for us to go by. Just never seen anything quite like that before or since really...you get kicked by that horse you have the marks for life...i'd seen them earlier on that same tour too. nothing like this level of intensity...well maybe close here and there...i think people who turn their noses up at the L&G shows; 'middling' as they might be in comparison, must have a different frame of reference...you won't find someone who was at ANY of those Texas shows or thereafter with too much of a bitch I do not think.
Tho I'm mighty grateful for MSG. Honestly, had I just been judging by the pretty excellent D.C. show, all things considered I would not have had this impression. I'd be talking more about Stevie quite honestly, as solid as D.C. was for The Stones. It was certainly no collapse or close to a bad show by any measure.
...i don't know how it would compare with the Ft. Worth tapings really...tho I AM informed and do grow in understanding from fans with better understandings of these things...i'm open to, and enjoy, hearing other perspectives...

I like the camera work in L&G too; It's far too easy to dismiss and criticize tho I don't see many here having problems with it; aside from my own, wanting more coverage of the other members. The close ups on Taylor's leads is a total gift...as is the Keith footage tearing up Bye Bye Johnny...and actually all of it; let's just face it, it's great. We don't have Brussels on film...We have Gimme Shelter Yas Yas footage and this, from the 'golden period' pretty much.
I mean as pretty-much-whole-shows that were visually releasable and had great performances. Later we'd get tons of concert films and live videos and periscopes and everything....
The cinema verite quality visually; the roughness and smoothness at the same time. The 'sloppiness' that works, rather than the slickness that seperates. Even Mick's shiny makeup and custom Elvis Dr. Dentons can't mask the sweat and real grimace...RTJ has him out of breath and just laying down on stage for two seconds before wearily popping up into twirls swirls bends bows and waves...this is incredible stuff.

They gave a couple of guys a 16 mm camera and hopeed for the best and my oh my look what they done. A miracle and masterpiece...if these are middling shows, all the more credit to the fabulous Rolling Stones. Thank you Mick, Mick, Keith, Charlie. BILL, Stu, Nicky, Jim & Bobby. You set a standard no one has equalled for me. Not Van, Who, Jimi, Airplane, Chuck, Richard, Eric, George, Jeff, Faces, Ben E. King, Crystals, Dion, Dukes, Lukes, Pukes, Nukes, the Brooce, the Bob, the righteous brothers, carlos, turtles, byrds, 5 blind boys from alabam don't give a damn; nobody, nothing touched it very much at that level...at least for me live.
It was every folk and blues and country and rock and roll idiom aced casually, with control, abandon, sweat, blood and tears; and some guy in a one-sie with the footies cut off, leading the band - jumping around out of breath, hurling his body at the microphone, line by line, breath by breath, to scream, dance around, fade back and charge again.
It was ridiculous. It was heaven. You can't detail and encyclopedia-ize it past a point; or over-analyze it; pick it to death from decades hence and get the dimension of it I don't think.
But ironically, any one can! A newbie not shaving if they close their eyes and go with it. It is really phenomenol material and performance; they were still a real working recording band every second of their lives with heat intention and unity. I hear the name Tim Ries and i think wtf is up with people sometimes...i mean past a point you know?

t's not even an age or generation thing...it's a phenom of certain aficinados ...then again, some of the micro-criticisms and analyses from people are sometimes really interesting and revealing. and do teach, inform and inspire me.
I guess these are issues of relative exposure and at what age and period of the band that fans run into for their first massive inspirational hit, or at least that must be part of the story.
They got so ridculous-big so fast; and then it got so much bigger it was it's own seperate thing from the actual music more and more in some ways.
I'm glad to see this reach light of day. I care not that much if it sells a few hundred or thousand or million. It's more than history. Its more than personal. It's a mysterious and sacred thing when all cylinders are pumping true, this rock and roll thing.
Perfect and outstanding come to mind and bravo for your very well written words .After all ,this is a perfect example of that phrase that we have heard said before and said it so many times and so many different ways .Simply put "the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -The Rolling Stones " .Cue the horns and Aaron Copeland, Fanfare for a Common Man hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-29 13:04 by TheGreek.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 30, 2017 04:15

Buggered if I can find this on sale in Australia?!?!?!

Anyone point me in the right direction downunder? Or do I have to amazon it....

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2017 07:16

...Rod ...

Haven't seen around down here anywhere .... No Aussie release date of yet .....

You'd be better to buy directly from CD Japan -- LP like sleeve SHM CD ....

VERY FAST delivery ....

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:09

It's on Spotify. I think it sounds pretty good...... not amazing, but lots of energy and I guess it's the best recording of that tour?

Date: June 30, 2017 11:21

Rockman
...Rod ...

Haven't seen around down here anywhere .... No Aussie release date of yet .....

You'd be better to buy directly from CD Japan -- LP like sleeve SHM CD ....

VERY FAST delivery ....

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Thanks mate. You have it, I take it? Ordered - 3-6 days delivery. Great stuff

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-30 11:28 by bitusa2012.

Date: June 30, 2017 11:27

.....no-no me keepeee ... you suffer till get

ROCKMAN

Date: June 30, 2017 11:28

Rockman
.....no-no me keepeee ... you suffer till get

DROLL !!!!!!

Rod

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 30, 2017 23:20

I have to say, it's thrilling. 1972 THRILLING.
I went OCD on 'Tumbling Dice'
so getting to know the rest of the CD slower
'Jumping Jack Flash' is so FAST it made me feel giddy.
Happy Friday smileys with beer

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: July 1, 2017 02:01

P.S.
Still haven't viewed any of the video (movie) of this show.
One day maybe, probably not, lol
but to have the audio (when you've never owned/ had a bootleg of it)
well, quite splendid, English.

Date: July 1, 2017 02:02

You'll love it ... plenty of Micko close - ups ..... mmmm

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 1, 2017 02:23

Date: July 1, 2017 02:25

^^^^^^^^^ that's not tour hair ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 1, 2017 03:14

Just picked up the CD today. Not quite sure why, I have the official film, bootleg film, audio bootlegs of the film, bootlegs of those texas shows, but I guess I just had to have it.

Nothing to report, its the same sound as the film and audio bootleg of the film we have had for awhile. I just wish they would have released a later 72 show. I mean if you listen to that tour they play better in texas coming off the west coast leg, but they really start cooking when they hit the east coast and by the time they play philly, boston, and NY, they are on fire. Their playing is far superior on the east coast then at any other time during the tour. Much like the 69 tour.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 1, 2017 03:30

Rockman
You'll love it ... plenty of Micko close - ups ..... mmmm

"Bye Bye Johnny" is a travesty. Keith in fine Berry splendor but the camera is on Mick's derriere. Still raises my blood pressure to this day.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 1, 2017 04:46

hopkins
pmk251
Mathijs

Mathijs

GOD what a fantastic comment - I'm saving this - bottle it -glitter, grease and sparks - beautifully done

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 1, 2017 17:47

hopkins
Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones 1972 Blu ray 720p AVC DTS 5 1 AtZLIT 00 00 00 00 11 30
Bitch
[youtu.be]

This is only tremendously great; so i can well understand why everyone is so upset. I can hardly sit in the chair. In fact I'm going to stand up and dance.
check u later...

my heart is 'jumping' louder than a big bass drum thumbs up

whoa hbwriter wish i had YOUR talent! very kind of u; ty
& ty!Thegreek tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-02 21:23 by hopkins.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 1, 2017 19:37

More '72!!! Philadelphia, St. Louis, Norfolk, pittburg, Fort Worth, Houston, Toronto, Boston, Montreal and all dates New York. Thats all, thank yousmoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home