Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 12, 2017 05:29

TravelinMan
[www.nashvillescene.com]

It's a little ways in. Coupling his memory with Wyman's I think they played it and it didn't go that well so it was scrapped. It seems the Stones move on pretty quickly if a song isn't sticking. Heck, they have enough classics to choose from!

Great interview, thanks for sharing!

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones soundtrack to be released on cd in June
Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 12, 2017 10:07

DandelionPowderman
It's the TMOQ (Trademark Of Quality)-bootleg. The sound is (imo) better than on the dvd.

Yes, I have this one too and the sound is - way - better than on the DVD (more "stereo" - at least something like that - and not that muffled).

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:32

Now on Amazon.de (at least in the app) for 15.99 € (preorder).

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: May 16, 2017 23:36

Hoping for vinyl!!!

Date: May 17, 2017 02:08

S.T.P
Hoping for vinyl!!!

+1

Date: May 18, 2017 15:04

Captainchaos
DandelionPowderman
I'll be surprised if the sound surpasses that of this bootleg, even though it's mp3.

Ooooo now this looks nice! smiling smiley
Would love to get a boot if poss?

Hit me up with an email, Captain.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 7, 2017 19:45

Samples are up (needs Flash angry smiley):

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: June 7, 2017 20:00

I can hear it...

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: June 7, 2017 20:24

[itunes.apple.com]

This works without flash (from the vault thread)

Mix is the same as the DVD ?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 8, 2017 02:54

Maybe it's the very low quality of the streaming samples but it sounds the same as the DVD.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 8, 2017 04:09

tremendous; just super duper great; yes bring it; love this stuff; good enough maybe great on first hearing of this particular release; i'm always wanting more bass but I think it's good and a little tiny 'tone control' or slightest eq push would do it; i've only heard a bit of the samples and it's a big green light from here. This is pretty excellent; an important key release only a few decades late; good enough; celebrating this. this release can only be a good thing. it's clearly not savagely bad or anything. that's enough for me; these performances are excellent. The NY MSG LP is on the way too right????

Date: June 8, 2017 11:42

I've bought the CD today. After a first listen on headphones, I dont think it's a different mix from the DVD. Juste maybe tweaked for the CD release. Nice booklet though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-08 11:43 by kowalski.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 8, 2017 11:59

that's a missed chance. I think 1972 had so much great moments but the mix of this film is unlistenable.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 8, 2017 12:34

kowalski
I've bought the CD today. After a first listen on headphones, I dont think it's a different mix from the DVD. Juste maybe tweaked for the CD release. Nice booklet though.
Is it already in the stores? Because I know sometime in FNAC they use to load the shelves a day or so before the official date of the release.

Date: June 8, 2017 14:23

I bought it in Japan where it's already in the stores.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: June 8, 2017 15:23

I have mine on order from Amazon USA and should have it next week. The only reason for purchasing was the hope that the sound would be better than the damn movie.

BTW, How could they @#$%& up the sound on that movie like that?? I remember taking a bunch of buddies to see it at a theatre in about 75 or 76. We were all kind let down. Great visuals with a low quite mix. Really????

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 8, 2017 16:54

Gimme Shelter is especially annoying.
Such a bad sound!! Its reverbed to death!!!!

Date: June 8, 2017 18:02

Got a copy from local FNAC during lunch break. EU version in clear jewel case.

No surprises. The same mix as in the movie. The same muddy sound and the same distortions all around the place.

If somebody hear something drastically different and improved - it is not me for sure.

Live in Texas 78 and Checkerboard lounge were also there. But I pass on those because already own CD+DVD.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 8, 2017 23:43

Too bad...

Date: June 9, 2017 01:46

well if you think of it as a boot; it's really excellent; I guess that's equivocating somwhat because I trust a lot of what fans are saying here critical of the sound; calling it a missed opportunity; and many ways, sure...surely so; especially because this tour and Euro '73 are as essential and important as '69, or any other period; an ulltimate and penultimate thing as things turn out down the road and we look back on sf and exoms and the band that was touring promoting that stuff, with the same players, all of them, that done borned, nurtured, raised, struggled-through and finessed alla that fine stuff...
\...i'm just in love w it. i still have clear and distinc memories of the Zeigfield movie theatre and the special sound set-up for the quad presentation; and saw it over and over there. I did not even leave as the audinence emptied out and new one came in; I just sat through it all again; and a million times on really shitty VHS's w worse sound than this; so i admit prejudice.
...and i agree like wtf, this should have been so pristine and special; every technical care should have been taken to preserve then tweak or effectively re-master I guess; but not the case. still i am HAPPY to see this out in the culture; i am HAPPY this will get to people who have NEVER heard (or seen) the Stones really dish it out like this. Thinkin' of the young fans; they are in for a serious treat if they can hear it like we love those shit boots but great performances.

also as far as performances; i saw the D.C. show and the last MSG show, and a trusted fan here was saying the Texas stuff was NOT as hot as the latter stuff because they had had a break and a rest before the last leg and were particularly ferociously in shape. I know for a fact they were the night I was there. I do NOT know how very much will be really sonically delivered with whoever is doing the MSG '72 release I heard tell of here...

...?
///
don't wanna get my hopes too high but i am hopeful. certainly super interested.
it's a landmark thing to a lot of fans who were not there or even born yet, fair to say I think.

and peeps here are right; this has been handled sloppily and horribly; i read some old Keith quote whre he was pissed off because they supposedly had a live album of '72 (don't know what shows) ready to go; i mean all the ready and mastered I think; or at least totally mixed to his satisfaction was the impression I got...

....and there was some business or label thing holding it back and eventually quashing it and he was irate about it...i think it was timeisonourside that I read that quote...

...i mean it took forever for Brussels and a lot of fans STILL don't know how totally hot ferocious and wild this band was '72/'73...especially early '73 b4 Billy imo. but all of Brussels, Billy aboard too...

so yeh my enthusiams have been righteously tempered by some of the remarks here; and for good reasons. i'm still glad this thing is out tho. It rocks pretty good. I don't think it's just nostalgia or my imagination. I've posted the first two songs linked here a few times; that much has been on youtube a long time; and it's pretty righteously hot imo; as are the 'official' ones from this tour they tweak for their vid releases on social media etc...

so...i dunno; very sloppy archivists they got in various charge of things; i mean they lost a lot of masters along the way too i bet...
...it's gonna be reaaaalll hard to find 'better' tours all things considered. L&G is a very very great thing. a super great wonderful important landmark thing; I'll take it anyway I can get it. I've listened to real shit boots over and over and been very glad to have those performances. i know it's sort of a cop out in a way but i have to work with what they dribble out like everyone else....

i have had l&g on shit then pretty good VHS boots since the early 80's so it's been like a lifetime thing for me; and man it does not seem to get old when they sock into Bitch; or even the opening. it's super duper Rolling Stones.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 9, 2017 01:51

I don't believe the multi-tracks are accessible for a complete re-mix.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 9, 2017 01:54

...i mean it took forever for Brussels and a lot of fans STILL don't know how totally hot ferocious and wild this band was '72/'73...

Just tie 'em in a chair with their legs open and play Starfooooker at HIGH Volume ..... then just watch 'em snap dem ropes .... HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...L.D.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 9, 2017 02:36

This is gonna be great!!! Stick all yer boots out yer butts!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 9, 2017 02:45

Terry, I think you're BLACK AND BLUE from The Rolling Stones...

Date: June 9, 2017 03:49

Japan SHM-CD edition - yes, a small postcard is included... and a "vintage" poster too :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-09 03:54 by kowalski.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2017 04:17

Rocky Dijon
Terry, I think you're BLACK AND BLUE from The Rolling Stones...

...and he loves it!

Date: June 9, 2017 05:18

DandelionPowderman
Captainchaos
DandelionPowderman
I'll be surprised if the sound surpasses that of this bootleg, even though it's mp3.

Ooooo now this looks nice! smiling smiley
Would love to get a boot if poss?

Hit me up with an email, Captain.

Same here...?

Date: June 9, 2017 11:41

Mastered for iTunes sad smiley
This is EU CD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: The Rolling Stones / Ladies & Gentlemen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR7 -0.22 dB -9.46 dB 0:48 01-Intro
DR6 -0.20 dB -6.54 dB 3:14 02-Brown Sugar
DR6 -0.22 dB -7.30 dB 4:46 03-Bitch
DR6 -0.21 dB -7.71 dB 4:50 04-Gimme Shelter
DR7 -0.22 dB -7.92 dB 4:03 05-Dead Flowers
DR6 -0.22 dB -7.46 dB 3:15 06-Happy
DR7 -0.20 dB -8.65 dB 5:21 07-Tumbling Dice
DR7 -0.22 dB -9.16 dB 6:18 08-Love In Vain
DR7 -0.21 dB -8.98 dB 4:45 09-Sweet Virginia
DR6 -0.21 dB -8.24 dB 7:27 10-You Can't Always Get What You Want
DR6 -0.21 dB -7.44 dB 4:47 11-All Down The Line
DR5 -0.19 dB -7.62 dB 12:02 12-Midnight Rambler
DR5 -0.18 dB -7.44 dB 4:32 13-Bye Bye Johnny
DR6 -0.22 dB -7.27 dB 2:33 14-Rip This Joint
DR6 -0.20 dB -6.90 dB 3:39 15-Jumpin' Jack Flash
DR6 -0.21 dB -7.26 dB 4:15 16-Street Fighting Man

Number of tracks: 16
Official DR value: DR6

Date: June 9, 2017 12:22

well it's good to know there are excellent boots of this around somewhere.
i'd like to share that the quad sound in the Ziefield debut was pretty astounding.
I mean up to that point in cinema of all kinds, possibly in the entire history of the film industry. I'm not sure how they 'split' up the frequencies for the quad mastering or technically how that works really but I can tell you even the first tentative hits of Charlie warming up there with a few hits and rolls, well people were startled. It was right there in front of you and all around you too. It was clean and it was loud man. I didn't even know at the time that they had an engineer right there in the theatre for each show, adjusting things even as to the number of people in the theater, so as to get the most hard hitting natural and wonderful presence. It was past exciting into astounding actually.
So it can get a mite frustrating; because i KNOW this was recorded well; i know it was reproduced really really well, with ten tons of care at the very cutting edge of audio sound projection. Threre's probably books written about all the people and processes that put this together...i can only say i know for sure that at the beginning w this, the way it was presented soncially was beyond perfect...it was very present. so someone dropped the ball somewhere along the way if there's any critique of this at all about the 'sound' rather than performances and so on...

I loved movies and had seen a lot of the great ones from all decades, including musicals that had great sound and were enjoyable. West Side Story was one of my first LP buys when I started collecting; I was no audiophile at a level to criticize any of that; it still sounds pretty great.
but this was really revolutionary cutting-edge stuff.
We've had thread about it; someone posted the coolest shot of a quad reel-to-reel they own and so on. For a little flicker there, there was an attempt to 'revolutionize' home audio and get the whole industry geared up like that but it didn't take for various reasons...
...i don't know if they had vented sub-woofers; probably; i mean the old classic Altec Voice of the Theater systems that were prevalent were not all that bad at all. Our first teenage bands were always a struggle to get a couple of those and a good wattage head for P.A. and truck them around w us. Once we graduated from the Shure towers everyone was using (that were pretty good!) that were much more portable and easy to travel around with.

so of course in a more perfect world you'd wonder why they would distance themselves to the point where this thing wouldn't be making the fans, at least here where people are pretty discerning and really have informed ears and sensibilites; some here are like master professionals at all this and I'd trust their input, no pun intended...but u know; it does kinda make you wish Keith or someone was right on top of the post production with this release; and that had been taken more 'seriously' or something; like one of their premier releases like B&L; then again, i do not like that Don Was sheen and I'm glad he's nowhere near any of this...
Ladies & Gentlemen the Rolling Stones 1972 Blu ray 720p AVC DTS 5 1 AtZLIT 00 00 00 00 11 30
(whatever that all means I don't know but when I need the quick hit and am working the computer I very often go to this link...
[www.youtube.com]
I usually start from the very beginning too; just to get the anticipation up and listen to the backstage tech chatter; you get the concert feel with the excitement pressure building up; as the film intended I suppose...
...surely it's not that quad theatre experience; and I'm often not even listening on my good stero but on some rather inexpensive external speakers hooked up to the laptop; so I'm not claiming any audiophile enviornment or professional technical review capabilites...
but man...it's always worth the trip for me...
...even those first drum hits...it's there...i can feel it; i can go with it; it takes me right with it...
...it don't scratch or skip and i wouldn't care too much if it did.
sure it's a little muffled compared to that movie; or even compared to a great produced record; but it's good man; it's real good for me and to me.

i mean i can hear EVERYTHING; i can hear them all; there is none of them that i cannot hear you know? the cymbals splash a bit; the bottom is pretty solid. Taylor soars out of the mix exactly when he should right from the start on the BS lead...it's terrific; i'm listening now. it is super great. i stand by it. whooo hoooooooo, rock that roll boys. they are starting out already warmed up and dangerous. 'get down keith' .... sure i can hear how it sort of 'tops out' or something; i mean i really think I could straigten this out and sharpen it up just with tone controls when I listen on my actual system with great response EQ and a heavy watt power head...the horns; 'come on bobby!' (bitch is playing now)...sorry there are only two here. i can hear Charlie lazy almost shuffle yet somehow he's on top of the beat and still hitting those double hits in the middle of the riff that makes it so propulsive.
gonna be hard for me to get down too hard on L&G...even this youtube link i'm getting off on now. It might be better than the Japanese samples that are on the this 'new' release, I've only listened a bit to that so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-09 12:35 by hopkins.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: June 9, 2017 13:19

kowalski
Japan SHM-CD edition - yes, a small postcard is included... and a "vintage" poster too :

Received it with a poster today. What a fond memory!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home