Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...343344345346347348349350351352353...LastNext
Current Page: 348 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 21, 2019 07:32

georgelicks
That's the best case of scenario, a release around Christmas 2020, touring will be the #1 priority, ALWAYS, so any work on the new album will be delayed if another tour pops up: No Filter didn't tour Asia, Australia or South America yet.

Before anyone ask, they can drag this album during years, there's nothing on their contract with a deadline, and they are the Stones, they can do anything they want.

Damn .. why do you always have to punch a black hole in my theories! ( grinning smiley )

(either way .. and as always ...Thanks for the insight .. cheers smileys with beer ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-21 07:34 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 21, 2019 13:39

Got to say it’s a real shame they haven’t released just a song. Really disappointed. I was hoping when I woke up this morning there would be news of at least one track unleashed on public but I guess it’s not happening. I now don’t believe there will be any new material at all presented on this tour.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2019 17:50

Rokyfan
Looks like BV was right,once again, when he said we would know by tomorrow about whether there was going to be anything new released.

It's 6-21-19 and... nothing released.

Enjoy the greatest hits tour!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 21, 2019 18:11

Yes we know better nowsmiling smiley
But i always thought there would nothing gonna happen. They do not have one single song finsished yet. Not even close to finished it seems (50-60%... could be just basic rhythm tracks... songs with no words... a bridge here a verse there... some sketches... some lyrics but no song... in a word: there is almost nothing... this album will never see the light of day but i dont mind really, B&L was a good way to finish their recording career, better than another B2B-like album)

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 21, 2019 18:39

GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
Looks like BV was right,once again, when he said we would know by tomorrow about whether there was going to be anything new released.

It's 6-21-19 and... nothing released.

Enjoy the greatest hits tour!

Yep, and if you spend serious money for 5 or 6 shows in a row you might even get a true rarity like Mercy Mercy if you're lucky.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 21, 2019 18:47

Bashlets
Got to say it’s a real shame they haven’t released just a song. Really disappointed. I was hoping when I woke up this morning there would be news of at least one track unleashed on public but I guess it’s not happening. I now don’t believe there will be any new material at all presented on this tour.

No,ofcourse not. That was obvious from the start.
No new musiv till xmas 2020.
..if we are lucky.
By the way.. idont care anymore.
Jeroen

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 21, 2019 23:40

Money is always an issue but given the choice between a new Stones album and getting to see the band in a different country? No brainer for me, take me to Asia or South America!

Date: June 22, 2019 05:57

There are a lot of studios in Chicago. They have a few days off after this show.

Date: June 22, 2019 06:02

HMS
But i always thought there would nothing gonna happen. They do not have one single song finsished yet. Not even close to finished it seems (50-60%... could be just basic rhythm tracks... songs with no words... a bridge here a verse there... some sketches... some lyrics but no song... in a word: there is almost nothing... this album will never see the light of day but i dont mind really, B&L was a good way to finish their recording career, better than another B2B-like album)

Actually you don't know if they don't have one single song finished yet. They may... and perhaps it's a better album track than a single.

No one will know until they say something. They being whoever.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 22, 2019 06:11

Well, it seems to me that if there's a vault concert being released this Christmas, it doesn't bode well for a release this year. I really thought Honk was a way of warming people up for the new album either this Christmas or next.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 22, 2019 11:55

bv
We will know a lot more about this by June 21.

Um, yeah, we're waiting?

Seen from the day-after perspective, the lot more we know now is that no news is news, too, and that we still get the same old setlists we got oh so dearly used too ... grinning smiley (... lest we mistake them for newcomers? tongue sticking out smiley)

Date: June 22, 2019 16:49

GasLightStreet
HMS

Actually you don't know if they don't have one single song finished yet. They may... and perhaps it's a better album track than a single.

All reports about this "new album" are leading to one conclusion: They hit the wall 2 or three years ago and that is exacktly the point where they stand now.

They don´t say nothing concrete because there is nothing concrete to be said. They are not just fooling us for fun, they do have nothing, but wouldn´t admit it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-22 16:50 by HMS.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 22, 2019 17:08

It's a masterpiece of procrastination, isn't it? I hear artists on the radio telling me how they went in the studio for two days, recorded an album straight off and had it released a couple of weeks later.
Compare that with this 14 year for ever continuing process...

Date: June 22, 2019 17:22

I do not expect them to write and record 12 excellent songs within eight months, not even within two years.... But: It seems almost impossible that the two of them were not able to come up with at least one good song per year since 2005...
If an artist does not manage to write one damn good song per year then he is artistically dead and gone... They are still a energetic, someimes even superb live band celebrating their glorious past but they do not have a present or a future artistically.

That is what I have learned from all that blahblahblah over the last years.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 22, 2019 17:26

HMS
I do not expect them to write and record 12 excellent songs within eight months, not even within two years.... But: It seems almost impossible that the two of them were not able to come up with at least one good song per year since 2005...
If an artist does not manage to write one damn good song per year then he is artistically dead and gone... They are still a energetic, someimes even superb live band celebrating their glorious past but they do not have a present or a future
artistically.

thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 22, 2019 17:52

HMS
If an artist does not manage to write one damn good song per year then he is artistically dead and gone... They are still a energetic, someimes even superb live band celebrating their glorious past but they do not have a present or a future artistically.

smileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:22

HMS

It does not happen all too often that I agree with you, but this is likely closer to the truth than many here dare to even think about, let alone admit.

Even a good or even great album could in the long run not change the general picture that their last true creative outburst were the sessions for Some Girls, with a downwards spiral ever since. Since then, they struggled to record albums with all-new material that could be listened to from start to finish, with the number of skipworthy tracks ever increasing over the years.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 22, 2019 18:56

GasLightStreet
HMS

the last time they had a 'true' single was Start Me Up. Every other 'single' has been an album track.

So, release the album track as the single, we're used to it.

Date: June 23, 2019 04:45

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
HMS

the last time they had a 'true' single was Start Me Up. Every other 'single' has been an album track.

So, release the album track as the single, we're used to it.

But... Start Me Up was track 1 on TATTOO YOU.

Since 1971 a few of their first singles have been the first track from the LP: Brown Sugar, Miss You, Start Me Up, Undercover Of The Night, Love Is Strong, Rough Justice, Just Your Fool.

Most of the rest were tracks 2-5, with exceptions being Fool To Cry (7) and Emotional Rescue (8).

Their last non-LP single was Honky Tonk Women.

Date: June 23, 2019 05:20

Jagger should start the show saying: ‘Our new stuff is crap, but don’t worry, we won’t play any.’

Apparently a new album is not wanted in Chicago.

[chicago.suntimes.com]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 23, 2019 13:27

348 pages. Is it out yet?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 23, 2019 14:13

Christmas 2020? Christ on a bike! Will anyone other than the legendary IanBillen still care? Can’t we put this thread on hiatus? I check it every morning; and every morning it gets more depressing.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 23, 2019 14:23

georgelicks
Before anyone ask, they can drag this album during years, there's nothing on their contract with a deadline, and they are the Stones, they can do anything they want.

Beware! Postings like this are a serious threat to the flourishing of this thread! You may have just killed 500 posts before they even got written! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

On a more serious note, noone seriously believed there would be major changes in the setlist, or even one (or more) new song(s) from the work-in-progress, did they? That's day-dreaning (albeit a nice idea ...).

Date: June 23, 2019 16:07

GasLightStreet

Start Me Up isn´t really a album-track like for instance Love Is Strong because TY isn´t really an album. It´s more of a compilation.

I would say Highwire was their last non-LP-single, i think it was out long before Flashpoint was released.

Doom and Gloom I think was also available before the release of GRRR! (marvelous compilation btw).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-23 16:13 by HMS.

Date: June 23, 2019 18:07

HMS
GasLightStreet

Start Me Up isn´t really a album-track like for instance Love Is Strong because TY isn´t really an album. It´s more of a compilation.

I would say Highwire was their last non-LP-single, i think it was out long before Flashpoint was released.

Doom and Gloom I think was also available before the release of GRRR! (marvelous compilation btw).

Tattoo You is not a compilation. It wasn’t marketed as one and no-one, other than yourself, ever refers to it as being so!

Date: June 23, 2019 18:18

Big Al
Tattoo You is not a compilation. It wasn’t marketed as one and no-one, other than yourself, ever refers to it as being so!

It is. Similar to the SG-Bonus-CD.
Old songs reworked, only one or two songs were originally recorded for TY as far as I know. Mostly early-mid-70s stuff, some ER-leftovers. No regular album.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 23, 2019 18:41

HMS
Big Al

It is. Similar to the SG-Bonus-CD.
Old songs reworked, only one or two songs were originally recorded for TY as far as I know. Mostly early-mid-70s stuff, some ER-leftovers. No regular album.

That still doesn't make Tattoo You a compilation. It's an original album comprised mostly of songs taken from previous recording sessions and either reworked or completed for this album. By your definition EOMS would also be a compilation as it is made up in part of songs written or previously recorded at different times over a 3 year period, some newly written for that album and some unfinished or reworked tracks from earlier album sessions.

Date: June 23, 2019 19:00

It depends on the amount of newly written and/or recorded material. EOMS (and other albums) have lots of new songs and were recorded as a band. In case of TY there is not enough newly written/recorded material to call it a regular album and apart from MJ the other band members were hardly involved in the production of TY. It is a compilation of reworked previously unreleased material - just like the SG-bonus-CD is. No one would refer to the SG-Bonus-CD as a regular album. Just like TY it isn´t.

Date: June 23, 2019 21:01

HMS, Tattoo You is a regular album. It doesn’t matter when the tracks date from. It was marketed as a new studio album release; which is what it is. You’re the sole person I have ever read who considers it a compilation.

Date: June 23, 2019 21:50

HMS
GasLightStreet

Album: a collection of songs released on a format such as vinyl, compact disc or download. Also known as a Long Player, regardless of format.

Start Me Up is on their last great LP, which is a studio album comprised (aka compiled) of studio recordings. If you want to call TATTOO YOU a compilation, then all of their albums are compilations... of tracks they recorded, when having no relevance.

You're as logical as a chemtrailer and flat earther.

Highwire was released as the lead off single from a live album, henceforth, not a stand alone single like Jumpin' Jack Flash or Honly Tonk Women, whose, technically, proper album they belong to is THROUGH THE PAST, DARKLY, after the single only releases, yet alone a plethora of other compilations.

It doesn't matter WHEN it's released, it's HOW it's released, and if it's on a studio album/LP, it's an album track. What do you consider Shattered or Beast Of Burden or Waiting On A Friend? Album tracks, like Start Me Up and Love Is Strong and Highwire, released as singles.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...343344345346347348349350351352353...LastNext
Current Page: 348 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home