Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...340341342343344345346347348349350...LastNext
Current Page: 345 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 6, 2019 10:11

I feel sorry for folks who are so hard to please.

I'm always happy just to experience the wonderful noise they make ...whatever they happen to be playing.

And the subtle little twists and changes to the way old songs are played on each tour never ceases to fascinate and delight me .

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 6, 2019 14:29

if you're disappointed with hard to please folks now...wait till the new songs come out and peeps start rating the songs as filler or worse....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 6, 2019 15:48

“And the subtle little twists and changes to the way old songs are played on each tour never ceases to fascinate and delight me .”

Fantastic-

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2019 18:48

IanBillen
Hairball
Big Al
I predict a single-release to coincide with tour-start, or just after. A couple of new tracks that’ll be released for iTunes and streaming. Perhaps there will be limited edition vinyl release, too. I don’t suspect we’ll get more then this for now.

I also believe this to be correct (hopefully), but time will tell.

If they have at least one new song, that will silence most of the questions (and critics) regarding lack of new material, resting on their laurels, etc.
If no new material whatsoever, expect many reviews focusing on the nostalgia aspect of the Stones - something I'm sure is cringeworthy to the band - especially Mick.

While I don't exactly expect (or demand) any new material, I certainly hope so for both the fans and the bands sake!

JUST ONE NEW SONG PLEASE - THAT'S ALL - IF NOT OH WELL - KEEP ON ROLLING!!!

I admire your positive hope ...

While your thoughts are always realistic .. I jus gotta say .. I'm doubting it on this one.

Here is one for you .. do you think Mick & Keith (and the band may 'potentially' dabble / work a tad on writing or working up new stuff on the tour?).

You've made it crystal clear Ian that you doubt it will happen as that's what you've been saying repeatedly for the last few days lol.
Again, on June 21st either you or I can say "I told you so", but until then can't hurt to be a bit more optimistic - at least that's where I'm coming from.
Just over two week to go and they're currently in the thick of rehearsals - we'll find out soon enough one way or the other.

As for Mick and Keith (and the band) potentially writing or working up new stuff while on tour? Absolutely doubtful - at least not together.
Mick has said he's "always writing", so he might be scribbling down a few random thoughts/lyrics in between shows while visiting landmarks across the US, but that's about all you can expect.

As for my "positive hope"...that only applies to the possibility of a new tune (or two) being played, though I realize it's a slim hope.
As for the entire new album being completed anytime soon? Very doubtful - my recent predictions have ranged from late 2020 all the way to 2023 (or 2024).
Just being realistic considering the songs they have worked on are only 50%/60% complete, and the amount of time they've been putting in to it which is actually very little.
As for right now, any thought of a new album is suspended while they have to focus on the upcoming tour - that includes rehearsals, setlists, merch designs, etc., etc., etc.
Remember, they're old men in their '70's and have other priorities that are more important - touring, vacationing, relaxing, and probably most importantly precious family time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-06 18:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 6, 2019 21:40

Hairball
....vacationing, relaxing, and probably most importantly precious family time.

Very important things especially at their age. But isn´t that what they are doing 9 month/year?smiling smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 7, 2019 01:00

35love
“And the subtle little twists and changes to the way old songs are played on each tour never ceases to fascinate and delight me .”

Fantastic-

Do you mean all the mistakes and memory lapses? smiling smiley

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 7, 2019 04:35

Rip This
if you're disappointed with hard to please folks now...wait till the new songs come out and peeps start rating the songs as filler or worse....eye rolling smiley
you nailed it.

Date: June 8, 2019 01:39

If it had been up to Charlie "where's the new album?" Watts, they would have had at least two or three completed albums by now.
Wonder what he would say today if asked about the new album...probably roll his eyes, shrug, shake his head in frustration, and laugh out loud with a "no comment".

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 8, 2019 10:21

Hairball
If it had been up to Charlie "where's the new album?" Watts, they would have had at least two or three completed albums by now.
Wonder what he would say today if asked about the new album...probably roll his eyes, shrug, shake his head in frustration, and laugh out loud with a "no comment".

I know... I had the impression he said it as in 'we recorded a bunch of stuff ...why isnt it named and out as an album?'. They were not satisfied (Mick & Keith) so they worked on it more .. and recorded again .. and again Lol and who knows again grinning smiley

Charlie takes The Rolling Stones music quite seriously .. while he's at it however at the same time he could care less. What I mean by that is that if he is in the studio or adding input on the record he tries to make the very best of it and do things the way he feels is musically right for the project at hand. However when he's not there he could care less (he doesn't even listen to the records after they are done he mentioned. He once said .. 'why do I need to? .. I played on it .. .." If nobody ever got Charlie into the studio I can bet he would never regret not making new Stones music or even give it much thought. At the same time .. not to worry .. he's been that way for the majority of his career as far as The Rolling Stones music goes Hahahahahah (tis true)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-08 10:27 by IanBillen.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 10, 2019 16:15

Only 11 days until we hear about this new music!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 10, 2019 18:15

CJFP

We have been hearing about it for years.

Did you mean hearing new music in 11 days?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 10, 2019 18:52

Rokyfan
CJFP

BV said by June 21.

Date: June 10, 2019 23:36

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
Big Al
I predict a single-release to coincide with tour-start, or just after. A couple of new tracks that’ll be released for iTunes and streaming. Perhaps there will be limited edition vinyl release, too. I don’t suspect we’ll get more then this for now.

I also believe this to be correct (hopefully), but time will tell.

If they have at least one new song, that will silence most of the questions (and critics) regarding lack of new material, resting on their laurels, etc.
If no new material whatsoever, expect many reviews focusing on the nostalgia aspect of the Stones - something I'm sure is cringeworthy to the band -
especially Mick.

While I don't exactly expect (or demand) any new material, I certainly hope so for both the fans and the bands sake!

JUST ONE NEW SONG PLEASE - THAT'S ALL - IF NOT OH WELL - KEEP ON ROLLING!!!

I admire your positive hope ...

While your thoughts are always realistic .. I jus gotta say .. I'm doubting it on this one.

Here is one for you .. do you think Mick & Keith (and the band may 'potentially' dabble / work a tad on writing or working up new stuff on the tour?).

You've made it crystal clear Ian that you doubt it will happen as that's what you've been saying repeatedly for the last few days lol.
Again, on June 21st either you or I can say "I told you so", but until then can't hurt to be a bit more optimistic - at least that's where I'm coming from.
Just over two week to go and they're currently in the thick of rehearsals - we'll find out soon enough one way or the other.

As for Mick and Keith (and the band) potentially writing or working up new stuff while on tour? Absolutely doubtful - at least not together.
Mick has said he's "always writing", so he might be scribbling down a few random thoughts/lyrics in between shows while visiting landmarks across the US, but that's about all you can expect.

As for my "positive hope"...that only applies to the possibility of a new tune (or two) being played, though I realize it's a slim hope.
As for the entire new album being completed anytime soon? Very doubtful - my recent predictions have ranged from late 2020 all the way to 2023 (or 2024).
Just being realistic considering the songs they have worked on are only 50%/60% complete, and the amount of time they've been putting in to it which is actually very little.
As for right now, any thought of a new album is suspended while they have to focus on the upcoming tour - that includes rehearsals, setlists, merch designs, etc., etc., etc.
Remember, they're old men in their '70's and have other priorities that are more important - touring, vacationing, relaxing, and probably most importantly precious family time.

2024?? Are you kidding with me? Nobody can conceive that and nor should you or anyone have to consider it.

UMG will not wait until 2024 (or even close to it .. as long as everyone is healthy enough to record .. which they def are). They have a specific new / updated contract for this specific studio album delivery. The album will come later this year or at the very latest next.

2024?? ....What is this .. the decade long album? Lol

Date: June 10, 2019 23:53

2024? This is ridiculoussmiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 11, 2019 00:17

2024 is only five years from now...the blink of an eye in the big picture.winking smiley

Meanwhile, Honk is out and about spreading the Stonesy vibes to fans around the world, and after that a No Filter Live cd/dvd more than likely just in time for Christmas.

Looking forward to the upcoming tour, everything else beyond that is a bonus. thumbs up

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 11, 2019 00:26

I guess by 2014 91-year-old Willie Nelson will have put out 6 new albums

Date: June 11, 2019 03:55

CJFP
Rokyfan
CJFP

BV said by June 21.

BV said what by june 21?

As i recall he said we would know by then if there was going to be any new music released any time soon.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:00

My mindset is a new song or two by the end of the year and the full album out in 2020. Don Was just said that they haven't even picked the songs they want to use yet out of the 20 or so new songs recorded. For my own sanity, I'm not crossing my fingers for anything new anytime soon. Still hoping for some rarities played when I see them at Metlife.

"When the shit hits the fan, I'll be sitting on the can"

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:04

JordyLicks96
My mindset is a new song or two by the end of the year and the full album out in 2020. Don Was just said that they haven't even picked the songs they want to use yet out of the 20 or so new songs recorded. For my own sanity, I'm not crossing my fingers for anything new anytime soon. Still hoping for some rarities played when I see them at Metlife.

Hopefully they don't load it up and only pick the best 12 or so, a proper album, and let the other ones out as digital extras ala B-sides or some kind of EP... it's not like they need to record MORE songs for a box set of unreleased tracks.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:12

GasLightStreet
JordyLicks96

Hopefully they don't load it up and only pick the best 12 or so, a proper album, and let the other ones out as digital extras ala B-sides or some kind of EP... it's not like they need to record MORE songs for a box set of unreleased tracks.

12 songs for an album is PERFECT. Like BLUE & LONESOME length. 2 or 3 songs for deluxe edition bonus tracks or something. That was the mistake of the latter day albums, especially A BIGGER BANG. 16 songs on the album, and too much filler is not needed at this point.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 11, 2019 04:17

9 to 10 songs is all you need

Date: June 11, 2019 04:44

Hairball
2024 is only five years from now...the blink of an eye in the big picture.winking smiley

Meanwhile, Honk is out and about spreading the Stonesy vibes to fans around the world, and after that a No Filter Live cd/dvd more than likely just in time for Christmas.

Looking forward to the upcoming tour, everything else beyond that is a bonus. thumbs up

Yeah .. I'm with you there. These tours are really numbered ... these performing days of theirs are numbered ..

89 started a whole new half of their career nobody in the world could conceive at the points they have made it to. After Keiths head surgery everything we got has been a bonus (as you noted).

From 2012 till now they have been on borrowed time .. literally...

We as Stones fans may bitch and gripe .. but in a select sense ..we are the most fortunate fans of them all due to their span of career (especially at this level)... << They are the only ones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 04:49 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2019 06:15

How is it that "these performing days of theirs are numbered"? You can count down the shows during one tour, but then they announce another trek and you can start over again. It's been that way for a couple of years now and I don't believe they planned it like that when they geared up in 2012. To me, they're not on borrowed time, they're the time-keepers

Date: June 11, 2019 07:24

Nikkei
How is it that "these performing days of theirs are numbered"? You can count down the shows during one tour, but then they announce another trek and you can start over again. It's been that way for a couple of years now and I don't believe they planned it like that when they geared up in 2012. To me, they're not on borrowed time, they're the time-keepers

Ummmm because they are 75 -80 years old and have been doing it for 50 plus years and sooner or later something happens?

Because sooner or later one of the four of them is going to have some sort of issue that doesn't enable them to tour or perform .. death .. health issue etc. We are not talking about one person .. odds are better that way. We are not talking about even two people .. we are talking about four people who must stay in 'very good' health .. and at their age that can only go on for so long me bruh.

Look .. The Stones have been 'extreeeeemely' lucky thus far with four of them not having to hang it up or stop performing ....or at least stop touring. Think about four neighbors living side by side for 55 years who are now all 75, 76, 77 years old etc.. Sooner or later .. more like sooner ... at least one of these 75-80 year olds has an incident or life comes calling and they get debilitated in which they cannot do that lawn work any more. Same is true here .. but it is much more taxing ..

Look I HOPE them or anyone has only the best of health and can do whatever they like until their in their 90's etc. .. but that's only a wish.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 07:32 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 11, 2019 07:51

Sooner or later somethings gonna happen is another thing from saying their touring days are numbered. They don't plan too far ahead and every dozen shows they announce at a time defy that sort of outlook. It almost seems like they're beginning to wear the fans out with their approach...

Date: June 11, 2019 10:19

Rokyfan
CJFP
Rokyfan
CJFP

BV said by June 21.

BV said what by june 21?

As i recall he said we would know by then if there was going to be any new music released any time soon.

More like whether we will hear new songs in the setlist, by the way he phrased it?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 11, 2019 11:41

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
CJFP
Rokyfan
CJFP

BV said by June 21.

BV said what by june 21?

More like whether we will hear new songs in the setlist, by the way he phrased it?

DP it was stated in this thread I took it as new, unheard songs. 10 days...drinking smiley

Date: June 11, 2019 18:18

DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
CJFP
Rokyfan
CJFP

BV said by June 21.

BV said what by june 21?

Yes i agree. All he said was we would know if they are playing anything new. My inference is that if they play a new song they will release it but also once the tour starts, if that doesnt happen then its awhile before anything new is released.

Date: June 11, 2019 19:07

At this stage of their career they won´t play any new songs live prior to release. Mick surely would like the audience to know the songs so people don´t have to judge a new song based on a probably poor live version. And he would have had these songs released at least a week or 10 days before tour start, imo. That is what a perfectionist like Mick would do, imo.

So any day now we would have to get the new songs - maybe a full new album which has been secretely produced and is ready for stores - just like Bowie´s The Next Day that hit people straight out of the blue (...my dreams seem to carry me awaysmiling smiley)

Date: June 11, 2019 19:31

Nikkei
Sooner or later somethings gonna happen is another thing from saying their touring days are numbered. They don't plan too far ahead and every dozen shows they announce at a time defy that sort of outlook. It almost seems like they're beginning to wear the fans out with their approach...

I didn't mean they are so bad that they shouldn't tour .. The Stones will be a
super show Ima sure .. as usual. I mean at their age something could come along any day to one of the four and stop all that. Isnt like they are 90 .. Ima saying there are four men .. and they are 75 ish .. something happening to one out of the four that stops all that is a real possibility .. I certainly hope they have plenty of good health left in em all though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-11 19:32 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...340341342343344345346347348349350...LastNext
Current Page: 345 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home