Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...218219220221222223224225226227228...LastNext
Current Page: 223 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 20, 2018 04:35

See .. everything I said was spot on and then some. Mick says the album is going well ... Keith said they have a title .. and they already are looking into cover art. Time frame was given... everything.

They are so focused on it. It really has been a priority lately being as they have been talking about it for years .. ...

<joke>

oh and speaking of 'hitting the wall' <<(why did I say it.. oh-oh ..too late) .. I'm ramming my head into one right now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 04:36 by IanBillen.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 20, 2018 04:36

gotdablouse
Ok here we go, we have the title track of the new album, "Just Found Out Today", back to the roots ! Keith's got some nerve trashing Mick for being prolific ;-)

[www.youtube.com]

That was cool. thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 20, 2018 04:45

IanBillen
See .. everything I said was spot on and then some. Mick says the album is going well ... Keith said they have a title .. and they already are looking into cover art. Time frame was given... everything.

They are so focused on it. It really has been a priority lately being as they have been talking about it for years .. ...

oh and speaking of 'hitting the wall' <<(why did I say it.. oh-oh ..too late) .. I'm ramming my head into one right now!

smiling smiley

Yes Ian, a bit disappointing there was absolutely no mention of any new material, but on the bright side we still have this thread with no end in sight, as well as a new tour announcement!

Possible new album cover:

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:11

rebelhipi
Maybe the new stones album willl be called No Filter yawning smiley
England's Slowest Hitmakers

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:30

Honestly, Ian, I wouldn’t lose all hope if I were you. Everything we “knew” before today remains more or less true.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 20, 2018 05:31

Well, bv hasn’t deleted 2019 from the title of this thread yet. Removing the sticky designation isn’t a good sign, though.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 20, 2018 06:57

Hairball
IanBillen

smiling smiley

Yes Ian, a bit disappointing there was absolutely no mention of any new material, but on the bright side we still have this thread with no end in sight, as well as a new tour announcement!

Possible new album cover:

Hahahaha!!! I like it.

On a double bummer.. I have no Ohio or Pitt. show this tour? I know people will travel to see em ..and so have I but I wanted one within 2-3 hours of me (I'm in NE Ohio). Darn -

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 20, 2018 07:48

bam
Well, bv hasn’t deleted 2019 from the title of this thread yet. Removing the sticky designation isn’t a good sign, though.

Yeah, this thread has been stickied and un-stickied so often in the course of its hitherto existence that I wouldn't give too much on it. Changing 2019 to 2029 would have been worse.

edit:
@Hairball,
great pic! I have been wondering for a while whether they hit the wall from inside or outside the studio. Now I know. grinning smiley But this looks like wooden planks rather than bricks? - Have we been mislead for all that time? eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 07:52 by doitywoik.

Date: November 20, 2018 08:13

doitywoik
@Hairball,
great pic! I have been wondering for a while whether they hit the wall from inside or outside the studio. Now I know. grinning smileyBut this looks like wooden planks rather than bricks? - Have we been mislead for all that time?eye popping smiley

Well, it's a bit abstract, and only those who know the truth of the wall (us grinning smiley ) will understand it's true meaning.
Besides, it's just one of many candidates for the new cover - this one has also been considered:

smileys with beer

Date: November 20, 2018 08:31

smiling bouncing smileythumbs up

That one might even be more appropriate than the first one because the hit is more of a static affair, which seems to reflect the current state of the album much better ... grinning smiley

Date: November 20, 2018 08:47

Static Affair...smiling smiley

Nice - could be a possible candidate for album title, and with that pic as the cover, all they need to do is add some damn songs to it!!! grinning smiley

Date: November 20, 2018 08:55

Yeah, someone please de-lean them from the wall ... you can't get anything done in that position/angle ... smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 20, 2018 09:04

jahisnotdead
gotdablouse
Ok here we go, we have the title track of the new album, "Just Found Out Today", back to the roots ! Keith's got some nerve trashing Mick for being prolific ;-)

[www.youtube.com]

That was cool. thumbs up

Yeah, the guy's itching at putting out new music at all costs !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 20, 2018 12:45

IanBillen

Don't beat yourself up Ian, you didn't mention the wall first, that was Don Was winking smiley

The fact remains they still hit a wall. As i already mentioned, Ronnie completed a great solo album in just a few months, there really is no other explanation for the time this album has taken other than they hit some kind of artistic problem. Ok Don called it a wall, whatever, but they must have hit some creative differences, Mick coming out with his two singles suggests that he and Keith had some issues about suitable styles and what material will be best received by the majority of Stones fans. Maybe Mick wanted to widen his audience and try to bring along some Taylor Swift fans, who knows.
So the good news is he and Keith must of found a compromise and now we get our Stones album.

Date: November 20, 2018 18:21

keithsman
Maybe Mick wanted to widen his audience and try to bring along some Taylor Swift fans, who knows.

Makes sense as Mick did join her on stage in 2015 just as Keith was releasing Crosseyed Heart - talk about polar opposites. And while Mick might have gained some Taylor Swift fans, he might have lost some Stones fans in the process. She also joined the Stones on stage in 2013, and while she's pleasant looking and has a good stage presence, her singing was cringeworthy ultimately ruining the classic tune.

WARNING: Taylor Swift w/Stones video

Meanwhile, here's what Keith had to say about Taylor Swift earlier this year:

"Good luck, girl — wish her well while it lasts… I’ve just been around too long to be picking the bones out of kids.
It wouldn’t be fair of me, and I’ve always been an opinionated bastard anyway.
And I never did really like pop music — even when I became pop music,
I was listening to the blues and jazz and not interested in the hits".

For what it's worth, I disagree with Keith, she'll probably be around for a long long time in some way - maybe she'll branch off into acting when her music is no longer popular amongst her young fans.

keithsman
So the good news is he and Keith must of found a compromise and now we get our Stones album.

You think so? I hope so! And when you say "now", are you thinking of specific time frame?
Before tour, during tour, after tour...or maybe 2020?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:55

The music and arrangements I am confident will be fine - I hope the album is about reflection of the past and how they got to this point with all the ups and down. It would be great if the lyrics centered around that topic - growing old and wise. Dylan did that with Time out Of Mind when he wound up in the hospital and wrote those amazing songs for his record.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 20, 2018 18:57

She doesn't have much of a singing voice, but she's a shrewd young businesswoman and has done pretty much everything right.

Re: Another Stones studio album coming up?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:01

georgelicks
bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

This is real information less than a month old. All the bitching and naysaying in the world doesn't change it.

Date: November 20, 2018 19:04

OpenG
The music and arrangements I am confident will be fine - I hope the album is about reflection of the past and how they got to this point with all the ups and down. It would be great if the lyrics centered around that topic - growing old and wise. Dylan did that with Time out Of Mind when he wound up in the hospital and wrote those amazing songs for his record.

Dylan became ill after Time out of Mind was already written, recorded, and released, but no doubt a fantastic album - one of my favorites by any artist/band.

Via wiki:

Shortly after completing the album, Dylan became seriously ill with near-fatal histoplasmosis. His forthcoming tour was canceled, and he spent most of June 1997 in excruciating pain.[41] A potentially serious condition (caused by the fungal infection histoplasma capsulatum), it makes breathing very difficult. "It was something called histoplasmosis that came from just accidentally inhaling a bunch of stuff that was out on one of the rivers by where I live," said Dylan. "Maybe one month, or two to three days out of the year, the banks around the river get all mucky, and then the wind blows and a bunch of swirling mess is in the air. I happened to inhale a bunch of that. That's what made me sick. It went into my heart area, but it wasn't anything really attacking my heart," Dylan told Guitar World magazine.[11]

In light of Dylan's May 1997 health scare, a number of columnists, including Dylanologist A.J. Weberman, speculated that the songs on Time Out of Mind were inspired by an increased awareness of his own mortality. This was despite the fact that all of the songs were completed, recorded, and even mixed before he was hospitalized. In interviews following its release, Dylan dismissed these speculations.[11]

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:16

Rocky Dijon
georgelicks
bv
It seems they will do another studio effort this year. Aiming for a spring release, before the North America tour 2019.

Word on Universal is about an early single release, maybe late January or February, then 2 more singles in April/May and the full album in late May or early June.

This is real information less than a month old. All the bitching and naysaying in the world doesn't change it.

I guess the question I would have is why no longer a "sticky"? Hope to hear from Georgelicks before year end...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:17

The Smashing Heads - David Byrne "This aint no party This aint no disco This aint no fooling around" Do you know the song?

These are Better Days !!! Go Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 19:22 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:26

Chris Fountain
The Smashing Heads - David Byrne "This aint no party This aint no disco This aint no fooling around" Do you know the song?

Song's "Life During Wartime" but never heard of The Smashing Heads...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 20, 2018 19:26

bye bye johnny
Chris Fountain

Song's "Life During Wartime" but never heard of The Smashing Heads...

just joking on the pics. And you are correct on song title - I through in Better Days by Springsteen as well.

Date: November 20, 2018 19:35

Maindefender
I guess the question I would have is why no longer a "sticky"? Hope to hear from Georgelicks before year end...

I'm sure Bjornulf will answer that in his own way so I won't put words in his mouth. As for Soldatti aka Georgelicks, he updates when there's something new. At present, there is studio work as Bernard indicated and the full band (including Darryl) are in the studio before the end of the month. The next thing to hear is that the album is done.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 20, 2018 21:45

Rocky Dijon
Maindefender

I'm sure Bjornulf will answer that in his own way so I won't put words in his mouth. As for Soldatti aka Georgelicks, he updates when there's something new. At present, there is studio work as Bernard indicated and the full band (including Darryl) are in the studio before the end of the month. The next thing to hear is that the album is done.

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: November 20, 2018 22:08

keithsman

The compromise appears to be something like, let's not fight over the new album but rather do some tours instead.

Keith has said a few times (or so I remember) that he wants to collaborate with Mick on new material rather than each of them bringing their respective own material to the studio, and apparently they got together once or twice this (?) year and worked out some stuff that was OK with Keith. Basically that's a good sign (I mean, Keith could have also complained that the other bloke is good for nothing) but it doesn't mean that the album is anywhere near completion. To judge from Charlie's remarks in that one video they must in principle have recorded enough material all in all to fill an album, but Charlie doesn't seem to have much of an oppinion as to whether the recorded stuff is worthy of being released (and neither he nor Ronnie seem to have much of a say in this respect anyway) - and if he had one, he wouldn't really reveal it anyway (at least not if he had doubts).

So, of course I hope they're basically done and all songs are in the can, and that the guiding principle was No Filter No Fillers and it's all great material and we'll get to hear it real soon. But I wouldn't disregard either the chance that the album is exactly where is was two years ago (or three, or ...). We simply don't know. Likewise, I'd rather be careful with any comments by (more or less) involved people as to how great the new material is. I mean, what else should, say, Don Was or Chuck say other than the new stuff is among their best? Noone would ever say, like, they worked a bit on a couple of tunes but nothing became of it, they run short on ideas and they all sound the same. Noone would ever say that what they did so far be crap. Of course it's encouraging to hear that the material is top notch. But what the songs are actually like is something we will only learn once the album is released (or possibly leaked). And then, I bet my hat that we will have quite diverging oppinions anyway ... winking smiley

edit:
Saw georgelicks's posting only now. So maybe there is reason to be more optimistic than I used to be ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-20 22:14 by doitywoik.

Date: November 20, 2018 22:57

It sure would be nice to have a new song or two prior to the new tour! thumbs up

Date: November 20, 2018 23:00

Bernard's in the studio. They're not stuck where they were two years ago. This album wasn't done the way most Stones albums are where all the bottoms were finished, then vocals were added, and then mixing and overdubbing is yet to come to finish the entire project.

Bernard put down backing vocals nearly 18 months ago for some of the tracks. He's doing more backing vocals (for different tracks) now. While the album sessions began three years ago, some of the tracks were written a few years earlier than that just as several tracks hadn't been written until this year or last year. I don't know if any earlier material (STEEL WHEELS through LICKS) was reworked. I know Don Was suggested it, but I don't know that Mick and Keith agreed.

I had posted this same information last year that I heard tracks were in different stages and that radically different versions of some songs existed. It has been experimental with other hands involved, not just Don. I don't know for certain what that means as far as final production credits which is why I asked Soldatti who said it was "very likely" Jordan, Clifford, and Falk would have production credits. I took that as a sign that what I heard was reliable and that some tracks were finished (mixed, ready to go) as early as 2016 and other tracks were created last year and this year.

It's been a strange process. Carl Falk has come and gone in 2017 and 2018. If Mick isn't stockpiling tracks for a solo album, he's been seeing what can be crafted with different sounds and approaches for the Stones. Ronnie and Charlie do not have to be present for every session though Ronnie did do an overdub session earler this year regardless of what he says to the media. Keyon Harrold laid down trumpet a couple years ago for a track that has been finished for a very long time now while others weren't even conceived.

Charlie and Ronnie attend the business meetings. They know far more than what they tell the media. Even Don Was and Chuck and Darryl know more than what they tell. They say what they can. Less is more. The general public doesn't obsess over hitting the wall.

As for not mentioning the album while announcing the tour, I take that as a sign that NO FILTER is no longer the album name. A nice idea a couple years ago.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2018 23:21

Rocky Dijon
Bernard's in the studio. They're not stuck where they were two years ago. This album wasn't done the way most Stones albums are where all the bottoms were finished, then vocals were added, and then mixing and overdubbing is yet to come to finish the entire project.

Bernard put down backing vocals nearly 18 months ago for some of the tracks. He's doing more backing vocals (for different tracks) now. While the album sessions began three years ago, some of the tracks were written a few years earlier than that just as several tracks hadn't been written until this year or last year. I don't know if any earlier material (STEEL WHEELS through LICKS) was reworked. I know Don Was suggested it, but I don't know that Mick and Keith agreed.

I had posted this same information last year that I heard tracks were in different stages and that radically different versions of some songs existed. It has been experimental with other hands involved, not just Don. I don't know for certain what that means as far as final production credits which is why I asked Soldatti who said it was "very likely" Jordan, Clifford, and Falk would have production credits. I took that as a sign that what I heard was reliable and that some tracks were finished (mixed, ready to go) as early as 2016 and other tracks were created last year and this year.

It's been a strange process. Carl Falk has come and gone in 2017 and 2018. If Mick isn't stockpiling tracks for a solo album, he's been seeing what can be crafted with different sounds and approaches for the Stones. Ronnie and Charlie do not have to be present for every session though Ronnie did do an overdub session earler this year regardless of what he says to the media. Keyon Harrold laid down trumpet a couple years ago for a track that has been finished for a very long time now while others weren't even conceived.

Charlie and Ronnie attend the business meetings. They know far more than what they tell the media. Even Don Was and Chuck and Darryl know more than what they tell. They say what they can. Less is more. The general public doesn't obsess over hitting the wall.

As for not mentioning the album while announcing the tour, I take that as a sign that NO FILTER is no longer the album name. A nice idea a couple years ago.

In German there's a proverb saying 'Viele Köche verderben den Brei' (Too many cooks spoil the porridge)

Date: November 20, 2018 23:44

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...218219220221222223224225226227228...LastNext
Current Page: 223 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home