Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 16, 2018 10:32

Palace Revolution 2000

What is really brilliant and musically twisted is that Keith actually works the intro back in there at the very end. It is going counter clockwise to everything else, and jumps out at you.

(About Brown Sugar)
Never thought of that, very good point!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 11:13

I SINCERELY hope next week's TOUR announcement is tied/linked to an announcement of a new album - THAT would be exciting! And w-a-y overdue.

Rod

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 16, 2018 11:29

Really hope so they will mention the release of a new album next week..but i doubt it.
Jeroen

Date: November 16, 2018 13:24

bitusa2012
I SINCERELY hope next week's TOUR announcement is tied/linked to an announcement of a new album - THAT would be exciting! And w-a-y overdue.

If No Filter is the name of the tour (as reported), I wouldn't hold my breath..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2018 18:52

DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012

If No Filter is the name of the tour (as reported), I wouldn't hold my breath..

But it had been mentioned by Rocky Dijon that No Filter was a possible title for the supposed new album back before the No Filter tours even started.
And recently, he pondered that the new album could still be titled No Filter. Sounded a bit odd to me to have a couple of tours finished before the album even comes out with the same name,
but with all the delays of completing the album I guess it would make sense?

I imagine the announcement could be something like:

"Ladies and Gentleman, the Rolling Stones are coming back to the US in continuation of the No Filter Tour.
And as an extra special bonus, the album you've all been waiting for...NO FILTER!!!

*Each ticket bought will be accompanied by free cd or download of NO FILTER"

On the other hand, I have a feeling the album will be named something else, but time will tell.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 16, 2018 19:08

Album titles since Steel Wheels have been more about branding for the tours than anything to do with the music. I have no inside info on this, but I doubt very much that they’ve decided on a title for the album, if it’s even close to being finished.

Remember the Licks tour announcement? They had yet to record the bonus tracks at that point. We didn’t know the compilation and tour were to be called “Licks” yet. It was the same in 2005 at Julliard: the tour had no name and Mick said the album, also unnamed, was “85 percent done.”

The days of the whole shebang arriving all at once are over.

Date: November 16, 2018 19:30

MelBelli
2005 at Julliard: the tour had no name and Mick said the album, also unnamed, was “85 percent done.”

Might have been a good idea to have left it at “85 percent done” as it might have been better, and would have made for a better title!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2018 20:34

Hairball
MelBelli
2005 at Julliard: the tour had no name and Mick said the album, also unnamed, was “85 percent done.”

Might have been a good idea to have left it at “85 percent done” as it might have been better, and would have made for a better title!

Rough Justice ...what was the other song they played at Juliard?

Date: November 16, 2018 20:40

Chris Fountain
Hairball
MelBelli

Rough Justice ...what was the other song they played at Juliard?

I had to look it up in bv's archives...doesn't look like Rough Justice was played (which might be a good thing):

Juilliard

Start Me Up
Oh No Not You Again
Brown Sugar

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 16, 2018 20:40

[deleted because Hairball gave the better answer]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 20:41 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 17, 2018 01:02

And it stayed the best live rendition of "Oh No Not You Again" ever!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 17, 2018 13:50

Wild Slivovitz

It certainly did. After the Juliard rendition, I remember being disappointed with studio-take.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 17, 2018 17:06

@BV @Georgelicks

May we hopefully wait an announcement about new album too next week or we will have a "surprise" in April...Or, third "scenario" we must wait till Christmas time of next year?!What are your "impressions" about it?!Thanks!smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2018 19:46

Wild Slivovitz

yeah even though Mick said they wouldn't have passed the audition for Julliard, it was nice and ragged with some "new" chord changes. The album version was just lame.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: November 17, 2018 20:46

Could be unrelated, but Bernard posted a photo with Steve Jordan I the studio with the caption “studio time”. Adding background vocals to the new album?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 18, 2018 08:41

kind of odd that Jordan would be involved so late in the making of a Stones album?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 18, 2018 09:21

Rip This
kind of odd that Jordan would be involved so late in the making of a Stones album?

... or maybe so early even? winking smiley We don't know in what state the material actually is. Also, that background vocals are added only when the main recording work is done wouldn't be anything special either. They also did it with EOMS (e.g. Just Wanna See His Face).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 18, 2018 09:23

TooTight
Could be unrelated, but Bernard posted a photo with Steve Jordan I the studio with the caption “studio time”. Adding background vocals to the new album?

Thank you!

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:50

Wild Slivovitz

Yupp .. and truthfully ... although it's great stuff in either version ... always thought they sort of smoothed it out / glossed it over a bit too much on the album. I always favored the junky .. more punky version they did at Julliard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 12:51 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 18, 2018 13:34

TooTight

Who’s the third person?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 18, 2018 14:08

mailexile67
@BV @Georgelicks

May we hopefully wait an announcement about new album too next week or we will have a "surprise" in April...Or, third "scenario" we must wait till Christmas time of next year?!What are your "impressions" about it?!Thanks!smiling smiley

Or wait till 2025, we’re waiting so long now for a normal (not cover) album. I can’s see them as a recording band anymore, sadly.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 18, 2018 14:12

Christiaan
mailexile67
@BV @Georgelicks

Or wait till 2025, we’re waiting so long now for a normal (not cover) album. I can’s see them as a recording band anymore, sadly.

All indications are the album will hit in thecSpring of ‘19...>grinning smiley<

Date: November 18, 2018 17:47

Cristiano Radtke
TooTight

Thank you!

[www.instagram.com]

Shorts in November? Hm..

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:23

He posted the same pic in June 2017.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 18, 2018 18:26

I mean,almost the same pic.

Date: November 18, 2018 18:37

z
I mean,almost the same pic.

Yep, both obviously from June, or earlier.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: November 18, 2018 19:57

Today I signed up a new email with rollingstones.com. It sent me a welcome email, Please Allow me to Introduce Myself, and said I’d soon receive upcoming tour announcements. No mention of new music or a new album.

Maybe recording will be commingled with rehearsals for the upcoming tour. Very hard to believe any new album is near ready.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:29

It is considered "very likely" that Steve Jordan, Matt Clifford, and Carl Falk will have production credits alongside Don Was and The Glimmer Twins. The fact that the photo is a year old doesn't really matter. Bernard promoting "studio time" and someone mentioning Darryl can't be there tomorrow indicates they're in the home stretch as expected. Bernard could be laying down backing vocals or he could be arranging backing vocals. He does both though he does not receive much credit for the latter.

And yes, I know many can't believe the album will be released next Spring. They will remain Doubting Thomases until they can trace their fingers through the labyrinth of wrinkles on Mick and Keith's faces.

Date: November 18, 2018 20:33

Darryl played in Oslo last night with Mike Stern.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 18, 2018 20:37

Rocky Dijon
It is considered "very likely" that Steve Jordan, Matt Clifford, and Carl Falk will have production credits alongside Don Was and The Glimmer Twins. The fact that the photo is a year old doesn't really matter. Bernard promoting "studio time" and someone mentioning Darryl can't be there tomorrow indicates they're in the home stretch as expected. Bernard could be laying down backing vocals or he could be arranging backing vocals. He does both though he does not receive much credit for the latter.

And yes, I know many can't believe the album will be released next Spring. They will remain Doubting Thomases until they can trace their fingers through the labyrinth of wrinkles on Mick and Keith's faces.

Well, if there are so many extra people involved with production, i fear that wont result in a Great album. Pray to God, i am wrong.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-18 20:37 by corriecas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...216217218219220221222223224225226...LastNext
Current Page: 221 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1874
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home