Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 30, 2016 23:07

To think that the Stones should go out with dignity does not disqualify one as a ''true Stones fan''. Quite the opposite really, anyone who respect their music will never want to see them embarrass themselves on stage.

And let's be honest, anyone with slightest knowledge about the Stones or music in general for that matter knows that their shows have been all downhill since 2003. Already in 2005 there was big decline in terms of quality of performance.

Stones in 2016 is still a respectable live band, but I really don't need to see them continue touring if they can't play half decent.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 31, 2016 00:13

There is 'dignity' in having a final show, making it great, and saying goodbye.
There is also dignity in fighting to the end and playing your last show with a bad performance in Toledo with Mick's voice breaking down and Keith forgetting the JJF riff.
Whatever they feel is best they have earned it.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 31, 2016 01:04

Cooltoplady
BILLPERKS
More Hot Rocks
BILLPERKS
I have no problem if they stop.

Just end the right way.

A show for corporate puppets aint the right way.

If you have no problem you have never been a fan. There is no right way. They will play until they pass.

Right. Never been a fan.

By your post it shows that you're not.

Right ,if one doesnt agree with you, their opinion is not valid.
Mature.
We have no idea what's going on in their lives , or their families.
They can do whatever they want.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 31, 2016 02:13

Absolutely they will continue to play live until they are forced to retire (sickness/death). As they should.

Came away from DT2 smiling and believing I had just seen my best stones show ever.. as I almost always do. Vegas was an undesrstandable exception but even it was excellent but for different reasons..sound was better, band came together to help Mick.. great versions of the masterpieces etc.

Looking forward to the final chapter.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 31, 2016 04:55

BILLPERKS
Cooltoplady
BILLPERKS
More Hot Rocks
BILLPERKS
I have no problem if they stop.

Just end the right way.

A show for corporate puppets aint the right way.

If you have no problem you have never been a fan. There is no right way. They will play until they pass.

Right. Never been a fan.

By your post it shows that you're not.

Right ,if one doesnt agree with you, their opinion is not valid.
Mature.
We have no idea what's going on in their lives , or their families.
They can do whatever they want.

Whats does that have to do with you not being a fan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 31, 2016 07:20

Olly
I personally don't expect the Stones to release an album next year, as it would be very strange for the band to release studio albums in consecutive years.

Indeed considering their recent history of releases. Their last consecutive years studio albums were EMOTIONAL RESCUE and TATTOO YOU. The last consecutive new non-reissue releases years were 2004 and 2005.

Look at their studio/live/compilation releases throughout the decades:

1964-1973 a new studio album every year except 1970 (GET YER YA-YA'S OUT!), with 2 UK and 3 US albums in 1965; 2 US/UK LPs in 1967. That's a release every year including all 3 kinds of releases (which is redundant, really, seeing that they had 3 total hits comps out in the same years as studio albums not counting the post-Decca/ABKCO Records STONE AGE/GIMME SHELTER/HOT ROCKS release).

1974-1983 some gaps start to appear - 1975 (MADE IN THE SHADE), 1977 (LOVE YOU LIVE), 1979 (TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE), 1982 (STILL LIFE) for studio LPs. That's a release for every year in terms of all three kinds of releases, with 1981 having one comp and one studio LP.

1984-1993 no studio albums in 1984 (REWIND), 1985, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991 (FLASHPOINT), 1992 and 1993 (JUMP BACK). That's 5 years without any kind of (consecutive or not) release - the most they've had without anything.

1994-2003 no studio albums in 1995 (STRIPPED), 1996 (ROCK'N'ROLL CIRCUS), 1998 (NO SECURITY), 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 (FORTY LICKS), 2003. Although RNRC was an old album it was never released until 1996 so perhaps that shouldn't count. Not counting that, that's 5 years without anything.

2004-2013 no studio albums in 2004 (LIVE LICKS), 2006, 2007, 2008 (SHINE A LIGHT), 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (FIFTY LICKS), 2013 (SWEET SUMMER SUN) That's 5 years without any kind of release and the last twofer regarding 2 of the 3 kinds of releases.

5 decades of releases of all 3 kind with 15 years not having anything.

With BLUE AND LONESOME this December and a supposed new studio album next year it would be the first since 1980-81 for consecutive studio albums. That's a LONG TIME!

Date: October 31, 2016 07:25

Olly
There's a lot of talk about the Stones possibly touring behind a new album.

Don't hang your hat on a new album; we know that time has been spent in the studio but, given the comments by Don Was, could it not be that, whatever their original intentions in the studio, Blue & Lonesome was the only result

No where has that been stated by anyone.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 21:44

They will certainly make some shows to promote the blues album. Just logical.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 31, 2016 22:46

Only if they can get Mick down from "The Antigravity Ariel Yoga hammock". cool smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 22:59

I would very strongly expect the follow-up album to be released, either next June, or next Fall.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 1, 2016 00:20

if they do does that mean the setlist whining and the never ending bitching will stop. yeah, didn't think so.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: November 1, 2016 03:10

The Stones played better after the desert trip, very good. I still enjoy the band's sounds overall, and Mick is singing well these days. I don't mind if they do exclusive shows for themselves and their rich fans. The Stones basically did the Gillette show for the money. I think that's cool.

Look where The Stones came from. Look where they are now. Check out the dingy flat scene, on the Exhibitionism tour. Look where they are now. They've earned their riches.

There has to be an exclusive sort of quality about the Stones for everything to work. It's part of their mystique. The Stones are special. What makes me a little bit weary is when supposed fans complain too much. Look at how old those guys are. What did you (the complaining fan) do today that was so great?

So, everybody take it easy. They're The Stones. It would be okay if they stopped touring, because they just feel like being normal humans for a while. I don't know how they do what they do. Nobody does. They're The Stones. Hopefully they'll play limited shows again, or even whole tours if they feel like it. I'm just glad they've been reenergized over the past 4-5 years now. Maybe they need to kick back for a while. Whatever they do or don't do is cool with me.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 1, 2016 10:59

Socrates1
There has to be an exclusive sort of quality about the Stones for everything to work. It's part of their mystique. The Stones are special. What makes me a little bit weary is when supposed fans complain too much. Look at how old those guys are. What did you (the complaining fan) do today that was so great?

So, everybody take it easy. They're The Stones. It would be okay if they stopped touring, because they just feel like being normal humans for a while. I don't know how they do what they do. Nobody does. They're The Stones. Hopefully they'll play limited shows again, or even whole tours if they feel like it. I'm just glad they've been reenergized over the past 4-5 years now. Maybe they need to kick back for a while. Whatever they do or don't do is cool with me.

thumbs up

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 1, 2016 12:19

Even it was the Stones last show... It's still more 50 years after the Beatles last show.

I say we are lucky.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 1, 2016 15:52

GasLightStreet
Olly

Don't hang your hat on a new album; we know that time has been spent in the studio but, given the comments by Don Was, could it not be that, whatever their original intentions in the studio, Blue & Lonesome was the only result

Apart from Don Was, who said the band "hit a wall" three days into the recording session, which led to them doing a covers session instead. Sounds like they tried, and aborted, doing some new songs to me.

The Rolling Stones 'hit a wall'

Was said they have some "great new songs" but probably far from enough to fill an album, given that we have a covers album instead of new original material.

Date: November 1, 2016 16:22

Father Ted
GasLightStreet
Olly

Apart from Don Was, who said the band "hit a wall" three days into the recording session, which led to them doing a covers session instead. Sounds like they tried, and aborted, doing some new songs to me.

Was said they have some "great new songs" but probably far from enough to fill an album, given that we have a covers album instead of new original material.

Are we mixing up the order in which things were stated here?

This is what Keith said about the new album with original songs in april (we already knew about the blues cover album):

How’s the new Stones album doing?

«Yeah, that’s in the can, although it might be a surprise (Tyrone Wood also mentioned this about the surprise or different-sounding album, btw) to people and I can’t say any more than that right now.

We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that’s not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I’d just like to leave it up there in mystery land».

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: November 1, 2016 16:52

In the US... I'm not sure.

In Europe, I hope yes.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 1, 2016 17:02

I believe they will perform live in one capacity or another until one of them drops!

It may be about money but it's also about the music and the energy of the crowd smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 1, 2016 17:24

DandelionPowderman
Father Ted
GasLightStreet
Olly

This is what Keith said about the new album with original songs in april (we already knew about the blues cover album):

«Yeah, that’s in the can, although it might be a surprise (Tyrone Wood also mentioned this about the surprise or different-sounding album, btw) to people and I can’t say any more than that right now.

We did sessions in London in December which suddenly gave us a whole load of stuff. In fact, the Stones have never cut so many tracks in such a short time. Now that’s not necessarily a guarantee of a good record but there is something in the works and I’d just like to leave it up there in mystery land».

[www.thesun.co.uk]

...and don't forget Carolina Bonetti ("Fantastic...not covers')
[mobile.twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-01 17:27 by KRiffhard.

Date: November 1, 2016 17:31

KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
Father Ted
GasLightStreet
Olly

[www.thesun.co.uk]

[mobile.twitter.com]

Doesn't sound like Carolina listened to a bunch of Mick-demos, after all winking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 1, 2016 17:42

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
Father Ted
GasLightStreet
Olly

[www.thesun.co.uk]

[mobile.twitter.com]

Doesn't sound like Carolina listened to a bunch of Mick-demos, after all winking smiley

Who knows! Maybe she likes songs a la 'I can't take it no more' or 'Everybody gettin' high'!! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-01 17:47 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 1, 2016 18:14

sundevil
if they do does that mean the setlist whining and the never ending bitching will stop. yeah, didn't think so.

Stop infringing on my band given rights!!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 1, 2016 18:24

Till 2023 for sure!
2017 Europe
2018 Asia/Australia/South Africa
2019 North America
2020 South America
2022/2023"Residency Tour" with multiple shows in NYC, LA, Tokyo, London

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 1, 2016 18:48

Long after the Stones stop touring, whiners will continue to trash set lists for concerts that are not taking place.

Date: November 1, 2016 18:48

DandelionPowderman
Father Ted
GasLightStreet
Olly

[www.thesun.co.uk]

This is crazy. The 'hit a wall' thing is about how the blues album came about.

That's it. That's all it's about. That has zero to do with the new album, which supposedly will be out in 2017.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 1, 2016 19:18

SHOTT, the Blues cd and the cd of all NEW material are 2 different projects and I am going to go way out on a limb and say they are expecting to tour in the Spring/summer of 2017 in the USA to promote the NEW cd and their live shows will feature at least a couple of blues tunes. They probably will take the tour to Europe as well, maybe ending in London. I think they just need a good long rest! Not many of us Baby Boomers could keep up with them in terms of stamina... I know I couldn't! I think I'll hope for the best case scenario. In the meantime I hope to get to NYC in November to see EXHIBITIONISM at least twice.cool smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 1, 2016 21:20

sundevil

By definition the "never ending bitching" will never stop. Think about it. And look at you, already bitching about what might happen in the future.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2016 22:05

Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?

YES

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 1, 2016 22:29

The Joker
Even it was the Stones last show... It's still more 50 years after the Beatles last show.

I say we are lucky.

hot smiley
Don't forget THE JOKER smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2016 23:25

The Joker

More than 50 years will be after 2019 - because the final live performance of the Beatles was on 30 January 1969 (rooftop concert) .... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-01 23:45 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home