Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Picture of Ron Wood and Eric Cl...Idle and Jagger - and other pics by Carinthia West, 1976
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 3, 2016 23:24

http://carinthiawest.com/long-night/

Photo: CARINTHIA WEST

"I took a whole series of photographs of the night Jesse James Wood was born to Ronnie and Krissy Wood. Krissy was in labour for nearly 24 hours, but myself, Ronnie, Mick, and Sandy Castle (also known as Mazzeo), Neil Young’s right-hand man, never left the hospital. When Krissy went in to labour, Mazzeo turned up at the house with Neil's hearse, normally used to transport his guitars to gigs, but which neatly doubled as an ambulance that night. We beat all speed limits to get to Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. Jesse arrived the following day. Afterwards, we rang up everyone we knew on the hospital’s bank of telephones to give them the good news, and repaired to the nearest champagne bar. It had been a Long Night."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-04 00:23 by Redhotcarpet.

Re: Picture of Ron Wood and Eric Cl...Idle and Jagger - and other pics by Carinthia West, 1976
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 4, 2016 00:29

thumbs up

Great picture of Eric Idle from The Rutles and Ron Wood from The Rolling Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-04 00:30 by RipThisBone.

Re: Picture of Ron Wood and Eric Cl...Idle and Jagger - and other pics by Carinthia West, 1976
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 4, 2016 03:27

....well that photo of Jagger at hospital sure paints a new sympathetic figure...good one...

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 4, 2016 05:56

I met Ronnie that night, and got his autograph.

I was driving down Sunset with some friends of mine to see Southside Johnny and Elvin Bishop at the Roxy.

The street was totally unlike the bumper-to-bumper traffic that now is the new normal. Traffic was spaced out and moving at a good speed. We drove past this group at the curb about to get into a limo, and my buddy says, "That guy has a scarf like Rod Stewart!" I look over, and say, "Holy shit! It's Ron Wood!!"

I made two quick u-turns (you could do that then) and pulled up alongside the limo. The window came down, and we said "Hi Ronnie!" and asked if we could get an autograph...and he said "Sure!" and got back out.

I grabbed a scrap of paper out of my car, and approached him, telling him about the "Rod Stewart" scarf, which he laughed at. And I told him how much I dug the Now Look album, especially the segue between "Caribbean Boogie" and "Now Look" (I like to think he appreciated that the guy bothering him was an actual Ron Wood fan!). He said his favorite track on that record was "Breathe On Me."

Then he proudly mentioned that his son had just been born that day, and that just topped everything! He was beaming, and we congratulated him and thanked him for the autograph and wished him all the best. Everyone was smiling.

They piled into their vehicle, and we hopped back into my car, and headed off to see a pretty good show at the Roxy.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: November 4, 2016 10:36

RipThisBone
thumbs up

Great picture of Eric Idle from The Rutles and Ron Wood from The Rolling Stones!

Yes and we all know that at the peak of their rivalry in the 60s, the Rolling Stones were London's answer to the Rutles.

Date: November 4, 2016 10:47

RipThisBone
thumbs up

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:08

loog droog

I was driving down Sunset with some friends of mine to see Southside Johnny and Elvin Bishop at the Roxy.

The street was totally unlike the bumper-to-bumper traffic that now is the new normal. Traffic was spaced out and moving at a good speed. We drove past this group at the curb about to get into a limo, and my buddy says, "That guy has a scarf like Rod Stewart!" I look over, and say, "Holy shit! It's Ron Wood!!"

I made two quick u-turns (you could do that then) and pulled up alongside the limo. The window came down, and we said "Hi Ronnie!" and asked if we could get an autograph...and he said "Sure!" and got back out.

I grabbed a scrap of paper out of my car, and approached him, telling him about the "Rod Stewart" scarf, which he laughed at. And I told him how much I dug the Now Look album, especially the segue between "Caribbean Boogie" and "Now Look" (I like to think he appreciated that the guy bothering him was an actual Ron Wood fan!). He said his favorite track on that record was "Breathe On Me."

Then he proudly mentioned that his son had just been born that day, and that just topped everything! He was beaming, and we congratulated him and thanked him for the autograph and wished him all the best. Everyone was smiling.

They piled into their vehicle, and we hopped back into my car, and headed off to see a pretty good show at the Roxy.
So awesome , and so lucky to get to meet Woody ,very cool !!!!!!!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:12

TheGreek
loog droog

So awesome , and so lucky to get to meet Woody ,very cool !!!!!!!

Hi loog droog,

Terrific story and thanks for sharing. It's stuff like that that makes this site special...we want more!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 4, 2016 12:41

great story Loogdroog, and wonderful evocative photos.

Date: November 4, 2016 21:50

loog droog

Thank you for sharing smileys with beer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 5, 2016 02:00

Redhotcarpet
RipThisBone
thumbs up

video: [youtu.be]

smileys with beer Get Up And Go by The Rutles from the Let It Rot album. It's a classic!

Thanks Redhotcarpet for your great link to CARINTHIA WEST site. Had a look and there are more great pics and little stories.

Great story by loog droog too!

Shared it with a musicfriend of mine (not so much a Stonesfan...) He loved it!

Date: November 5, 2016 12:26

Beautiful pics. It's the ones of Mick with him all night at hospital that are powerful. Because those kind of times have nothing to do with colored lights and Stratocasters and Coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home