Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 30, 2016 00:34

Oh boy.
Mick and Keith HAVE been saying Thank You fans, thanks for keep coming back after all these years. Mick said it in Vegas, and in the Desert concerts.
I thought Zipcode 2015 was goodbye to America
Buffolo NY big time fan show,
Quebec goodbye to Canada
OLE tour goodbye to South America
Cuba, well, Cuba and the first to get in w/ the US President
Then some cash on the side Oldchella, Vegas, billionaire.
They've been trying to say goodbye.
We both suck at it. Us, and them.

Date: October 30, 2016 00:48

I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a world without the Stones. It scares me. They have pleasured me more throughout my life more than any woman has.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 00:48

35love
Oh boy.
Mick and Keith HAVE been saying Thank You fans, thanks for keep coming back after all these years. Mick said it in Vegas, and in the Desert concerts.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

Classic.

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 00:50

35love
Oh boy.
Quebec goodbye to Canada
I did petco and Quebec Rio on the South American Sydney and Melbourne missed Hanging rock Europe 14 on fire and London 50and counting back over to America for Vegas which was cancelled but one tour will be there last as you rightly say one will be goodbye after all this time and effort put into their shows I don't see why people think they owe them any more

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 30, 2016 00:54

Al65
Al65
keithsman
Al65
They didn't play because mick couldn't sing Kieth was upset show was cancelled and pushing for reschedule.There is no reason to suggest Kieth has called time on the stones.This is just the same circumstances as hanging rock ,if more dates were planned they would have played them it's just unfortunate it happened on a small tour.Sure we all known they will not play forever and any show could be their last but there's no need to panic over this cancellation

I am just speculating and doing the Maths, its looking that its Keith from a logical perspective, he is on some serious medication, it could be catching up with him. Whats this about Keith being upset because show was cancelled, where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking.
believe it or not he told me

Wow that's fantastic, i do believe you, sounds like Keith, he really put everything into that Vegas show, its like Keith wanted to make up for Micks voice and all the disappointment to the fans. Keiths 3 song set was awesome especially YGTS. Lucky you for talking to Keith, what a moment that must have been, tell more please

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 00:56

I don't think there are any plans of hanging it up yet. They still seem to be too strong performance wise and most of them are really enjoying them selves on stage. Maybe they will do less concerts, maybe after some time they'll only play in places around England so Charlie doesn't have to travel to far. But now it just seems to soon to talk about the end given the strong performances they just gave (2nd Desert, LV and Boston). 19'000 people left the Vegas concert with a big smile despite high ticket prices, Mick's Laryngitis, less songs and slower tempos. And Keith said it himself a few months ago:"Why stop now?" Maybe something bad has happened in the meantime, we just don't know. I just don't want to talk about the end until we have some reliable information. It just leaves me in depression smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: October 30, 2016 01:15

wonderboy
MileHigh

Crazy example: It's 1971 and you are 20 years old. Would you like to go to a rock festival to see an old band that was in its prime in 1926?

The kids in 1971 wouldn't have even turned out for Elvis.
Elvis is no Rolling Stones. I couldn't believe all the young kids at the Stones in Vegas all pumped up the malenial's it's like the Stones have a new generation of Fan's the youngster's on there own not there parent's taking them either I think around the Lick's tour and the ABB tour I saw a lot of really young kid's with there parent's now it's like there growing up and totally love the Stones my 34 year old lives in Vegas and I said you want to go see the Stones he said Hell Yeah! and he said all his friends love the Stones same with a lot of my friend's kid's love the Stones they have created a whole new generation of kids or youngster's as I call them that love there music and love seeing them it's amazing what the Stones have done to get the Kid's loving them like I did as a kid.Pretty amazing!

Date: October 30, 2016 01:18

keithsman
Al65
Al65
keithsman
Al65
They didn't play because mick couldn't sing Kieth was upset show was cancelled and pushing for reschedule.There is no reason to suggest Kieth has called time on the stones.This is just the same circumstances as hanging rock ,if more dates were planned they would have played them it's just unfortunate it happened on a small tour.Sure we all known they will not play forever and any show could be their last but there's no need to panic over this cancellation

I am just speculating and doing the Maths, its looking that its Keith from a logical perspective, he is on some serious medication, it could be catching up with him. Whats this about Keith being upset because show was cancelled, where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking.

Wow that's fantastic, i do believe you, sounds like Keith, he really put everything into that Vegas show, its like Keith wanted to make up for Micks voice and all the disappointment to the fans. Keiths 3 song set was awesome especially YGTS. Lucky you for talking to Keith, what a moment that must have been, tell more please
when vegas was cancelled I was lucky enough to get invited to the screening of ole ole which was put on night concert should have been played .This was not at light nightclub as has been reported but at Kieths hotel after film got to chat with him ,said he was really upset about cancelling show he also suggested I was jinx as its second time it's happened to me .He was in good spirits and I got no indication from him or anyone else I met it was more than just a cancelled gig due to micks voice and at that time they were looking at rescheduling

Date: October 30, 2016 01:27

Al65
keithsman
Al65
Al65
keithsman
Al65

when vegas was cancelled I was lucky enough to get invited to the screening of ole ole which was put on night concert should have been played .This was not at light nightclub as has been reported but at Kieths hotel after film got to chat with him ,said he was really upset about cancelling show he also suggested I was jinx as its second time it's happened to me .He was in good spirits and I got no indication from him or anyone else I met it was more than just a cancelled gig due to micks voice and at that time they were looking at rescheduling

Thanks for sharing Al65, seen keith up close many times but never had the chance to speak to him, well i did have the chance once but didn't want to bother him so bottled it and left him be. Did you get the chance to get the Vegas gig they did do ?

Date: October 30, 2016 01:28

wonderboy
MileHigh

Crazy example: It's 1971 and you are 20 years old. Would you like to go to a rock festival to see an old band that was in its prime in 1926?

The kids in 1971 wouldn't have even turned out for Elvis.
The Stones are no Elvis the young kids love the Stones it was amazing all the young kids I saw at the Show in Vegas totally into the Stones. I think it started on the Lick's tour and ABB tour I saw a lot of parent's taking there young kid's to show's now there growing up into there own and they love the Stones like I did when I was a kid. These kid's are buying there own ticket's now to see them not there parent's I asked my kid in Vegas if he wanted to go he's 34 and he said hell yeah! He said all his friends love the Stones too. It's like they have created a whole new generation of youngster's that love there music and are going to there concert's and they are great fan's it seem's like the youngster's love them like I did as a kid it's pretty amazing what the Stones have done creating a whole new generation of younger kid's right now that love them and willing to pay the high price to go see them on there own and not with there parent's it was a amzing thing to see in Vegas.

Date: October 30, 2016 01:52

No unfortunately booked trip before second show was announced so had flights back to England booked for 21st

Date: October 30, 2016 01:57

Al65
No unfortunately booked trip before second show was announced so had flights back to England booked for 21st

That sucks, at least you got to speak to the man himself smileys with beer

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 30, 2016 02:29

As far as no reschedule of the Las Vegas 10-19 show, I'm sure I had read somewhere that at least some of the crew were signed on for Guns'n'Roses' South American dates... Pretty sure they started 10-27, I would have to check. I would have to go back in my mind and online to find where I read that, but it could explain the reschedule being not possible...

Without doubt, all the activity/rehearsals/dates were centered around the offer all the acts received for the Desert Trip weekends. It was reported the concept was floated many months prior to the shows, then details and contracts were hammered out.

Six scheduled performances, 4 for the public, follows what Mick had said about there being a limited number of shows... And the timeline follows what Chuck stated about activity in September/October.

I had hoped for more shows in more cities, possibly leading up to the NYC opening of Exhibitionism. But when BV said it looked like Indio and Las Vegas were my options, Indio had already "sold out", so I popped for Vegas 10-19 via AXS Premium, then bought a single seat for 10-22 when it went on presale. That put me in Vegas from 10-17 through 10-24 as I'm lucky to have friends in Enterprise. I realized that any reschedule that I could make both shows would have to mean gigs on 10-22 and 24, but that didn't come to pass...

Went to the T-Mobile box office on Friday 10-21 at around 2:30pm, and the young guys refunded my 10-19 pair and my 10-22 single no problem... Then, I had to buy new tix for 10-22 since I wanted 3 seats together... I didn't ask long on locations before I bought Section 11 Row W. There were 6 or 8 seats to our right that were empty all night, so we spaced out and had plenty of room to enjoy!

Was I disappointed I didn't get to see 2 more Rolling Stones shows? Yes!!

Was I happy my plans allowed me to be in town for the 1 that they played? Yes!!

I've always had faith in The Stones when it comes to gigs, and despite seeing Mick not quite up to par after watching the YouTube clips, the show was pretty damn good all things considered... And, yes, I like my glass half full!

I don't believe they're done yet. I don't think we'll ever know until after the fact either, it's not their style... And The Stones always got style!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 30, 2016 02:58

MonkeyMan, glad you agree with me...SOMETHING is UP! And the Stones will NOT tour without Charlie! End of story!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: October 30, 2016 02:10

They will never do a "Stones" show without Charlie. What is interesting is the status of the new studio album that morphed into Blue and Lonesome?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 30, 2016 02:22

keithsman
Al65

Thanks for your conversation Al65 and keithsman!

thumbs up

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 30, 2016 02:44

This scenario just popped into my head:

Charlie calls it quits and goes back to his horse breeding. Since it's over he becomes an occasional guest drummer in Bill Wyman's band. I think Bill's band does most of their gigs in England so that's a fit for Charlie.

Mick spends the rest of his time as a movie producer. He probably finds that more fun and interesting than what he has been doing the past five years with the Rolling Stones. Face it, the only thing that changes between these final-years tours is the video screen setup.

Keith mostly stays in Connecticut and does the occasional jam with people. However, I read how he said during the last long down stretch that he didn't touch a guitar for years. So he may completely stop and just focus on family from this point on.

Ronnie will still be the jamming party boy but will have a relatively low profile.

In other words, they all go their separate ways and just do what they want to do. Money is clearly not an issue for any of them so big money for more shows probably means nothing at this point.

I call that a "happy ending" for Mick and the boys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 02:45 by MileHigh.

Date: October 30, 2016 04:08

MonkeyMan2000
I don't think there are any plans of hanging it up yet. They still seem to be too strong performance wise and most of them are really enjoying them selves on stage. Maybe they will do less concerts, maybe after some time they'll only play in places around England so Charlie doesn't have to travel to far. But now it just seems to soon to talk about the end given the strong performances they just gave (2nd Desert, LV and Boston). 19'000 people left the Vegas concert with a big smile despite high ticket prices, Mick's Laryngitis, less songs and slower tempos. And Keith said it himself a few months ago:"Why stop now?" Maybe something bad has happened in the meantime, we just don't know. I just don't want to talk about the end until we have some reliable information. It just leaves me in depression smileys with beer
The latest I heard before Vegas was Spring time tour and summer Europe.Unless somebody is sick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 04:09 by stonesfrkk.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2016 06:06

Hairball

Royal Albert Hall, London - 20 nights would sell out easily.
Radio City Music Hall, New York - same as above.
Dolby Theater, Los Angeles -ditto.

With Mick's voice issues, they would need 10-20 weeks in order to perform 20 shows. Plus a month of rehearsals. Sure "double diapers" Ronnie could live with doing a few shows in London for a while, but Keith lives in Connecticut USA...

Bob Dylan is one person. He hire musicians to back him. Roll a dice and there is a one into six chance you get a six. Right? Then roll four - 4 - dice and tell me the chance of getting all four of them to be six. It is a bit harder. Something like 6x6x6x6.

Bill Wyman is 80 years old now and he does not tour anymore. I saw him two years ago in Notodden Norway. That was his last tour, one of his last shows outside UK. Then he did one show at the Strand Pizza Express last year and the one on Friday celebrating his 80th birthday.

Desert Trip and Las Vegas was a real bonus. I did not expect those shows to be exciting due to the logistics, but they were all great memories. After the shows in Latin America including Cuba, there is not much left, except going home, and telling your children, grand children and great grand children about it all. And may be of course do a few shows next door, without that terrible jetlag you have to cope with before and after every tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2016 06:19

"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near".

- Jim Morrison

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 30, 2016 06:40

Well somehow a part of me is going through all the stages of grief now after all, tho I was an early believer and a latter day critic, with moments of epiphany along the long road.
I listen to them every day for so many years. I should just do that now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 06:59 by hopkins.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 30, 2016 08:16

After reading these comments i'm not so sure about a new album (with original stuff) in 2017...
sad smiley

Date: October 30, 2016 10:17

RipThisBone
keithsman
Al65

Thanks for your conversation Al65 and keithsman!

thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 30, 2016 11:39

Y

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 11:43 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 30, 2016 11:42

HMS
TheflyingDutchman
Ant it all ended with a great Mick Taylor solo. That would be a worthy end for the Rolling Stones.

Come on please...eye rolling smiley

You want to end it with "Come On", never played live I think. At least not since it has been released.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2016 11:47

MileHigh
This scenario just popped into my head:

Charlie calls it quits and goes back to his horse breeding.

Mick spends the rest of his time as a movie producer.

Keith mostly stays in Connecticut and does the occasional jam with people.

Ronnie will still be the jamming party boy but will have a relatively low profile.

My take :
Charlie does retire and plays low-key jazz gigs in London.
Mick performs with other younger persons.
Keith is too damaged to play music and he realizes that since 2012 the Stones were kept alivz by Mick's will only.
Ron keeps on playing with other ppl till he dies.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 30, 2016 12:30

bv
Hairball

Royal Albert Hall, London - 20 nights would sell out easily.
Radio City Music Hall, New York - same as above.
Dolby Theater, Los Angeles -ditto.

With Mick's voice issues, they would need 10-20 weeks in order to perform 20 shows. Plus a month of rehearsals. Sure "double diapers" Ronnie could live with doing a few shows in London for a while, but Keith lives in Connecticut USA...

Are Mick's voice issues permanent? Doctors orders? Or just the fact he is 73 and has to cut back to preserve?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 30, 2016 12:32

35love
Oh boy.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

You said it!!! Glad you mentioned Buffalo 35love...drinking smiley

Date: October 30, 2016 12:42

If , and i say if the Stones are done, it becomes interesting in a way.

Micks solo projects have been a little bit disappointing to some degree, and i can't see him donating time to another solo album, so where does that leave Mick. I don't think film production will fill much of his time and Mick likes to be productive, would he want the pressure of a solo tour with his voice being a weakness ? i don't think so. So in a way Mick without Keith still seems unlikely to garner much attention or income. Perhaps he will finally just enjoy the fruits of his labour with girl and baby.

Keith, presuming he still has good health, has a possibility of making one last album of old standards, similar to the demo sessions he did at Long-view farm, this slower pace of music could with a stretch of the imagination result in a handful of live performances. Not much else for Keith other than to write another biography, he has hinted at this in various interviews, but my guess is Keith will just do the odd guest appearance involving the music he has alwaysed loved and spend the rest of his days on the beach with family and friends.

Ronnie, haha he will settle down with Sally and the twins, continue with sobriety and when he wants to do something he will be boy about town ducking and diving around everything he can get his hands on. keith once said of Ronnie he will go to the opening of an envelope lol but Ronnie seems to have settled these days. I can see him doing some live performances, another album, some work with Rod , who knows but if all else fails he always has his paint brush.

Charlie, yep horses and Jazz every time, he will finally get the peace he has always wanted, secure in the fact that no other drummer ever got to replace him in his beloved band, he once said i don't play drums for myself, i play them for Mick and Keith , he has to be the loveliest loyal servant anyone could ever ask for.

Good luck to all of them, Pete Townsend once said to the Stones, guys what ever you do don't grow old gracefully, it wouldn't suit you.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 30, 2016 12:56

The thing is , each time they have a break, they have to rehearse to brush away the rust and possibly change arrangements a bit to cover any cracks due to band members not being able to do what they did before.
They also have a huge team that they have to be able to justify bringing together if they are going to put on a show to the standard people expect. It's hard to justify all that for one off shows.

While Charlie and Keith and possibly Ronnie would be happy to play low key blues stuff in smaller auditoria, requiring less of the back up machinery to on the warhorses in style, I wonder if that would be enough for Mick.

It would certainly require less superhuman fitness which may become a consideration but there would be less of the massive energy exchange between a huge arena of enthusiasts and the performer. I wonder if the band felt the difference between the SAmerican crowd and the American crouds and reflected that it wasn't so much fun, no matter how much money it brought in. Perhaps Bill got it right in the end ......

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home