Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Will The Rolling Stones ever perform live again?
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:05

35love
Oh boy.
Mick and Keith HAVE been saying Thank You fans, thanks for keep coming back after all these years. Mick said it in Vegas, and in the Desert concerts.
I thought Zipcode 2015 was goodbye to America
Buffolo NY big time fan show,
Quebec goodbye to Canada
OLE tour goodbye to South America
Cuba, well, Cuba and the first to get in w/ the US President
Then some cash on the side Oldchella, Vegas, billionaire.
They've been trying to say goodbye.
We both suck at it. Us, and them.

I have a completely different outlook. They are still trying to see how long they can roll. A band trying to say goodbye would not have returned in 2012 nor released a new album in 2016. Obviously, the odds increase each year that the final show has already been (or soon will be) played.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:08

If Mick's voice recover I think they will continue to tour. If it does not I don't think he will be on stage again. The videos from the Gillette suggests his voice is coming back.

Keith was unusually sharp in Vegas, Ronnie is still great, Charlie could be better but he's good for a 75 year old I guess.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 30, 2016 13:40

DEmerson
Somebody else used the phrase, and it's one that's gone through my head recently, if Gillette (down the road from me) in front of a few hundred millionaires, while not rescheduling Vegas #1 was it: This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
Folks can, and will, stick up for the way things were handled and the circumstances etc. But for me - I lost a LOT of respect for the band that I've loved with all my heart since I was 5 years old over the past couple of weeks.

Call me when you're 75 so I can similarly place demands & expectations on you.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 30, 2016 14:07

A lot of insinuation that Vegas might well be their last show to the real fans. Well did Keith know, because he absolutely nailed it, he finished strong.
The other point to make is the Stones are not over sentimental people, Mick certainly isn't, I don't think he is too concerned about how it ends or where it ends. He has the money in the bank, job done.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 14:16

Christiaan
HMS
TheflyingDutchman
Ant it all ended with a great Mick Taylor solo. That would be a worthy end for the Rolling Stones.

Come on please...eye rolling smiley

You want to end it with "Come On", never played live I think. At least not since it has been released.

Not strictly true grinning smiley

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 30, 2016 14:30

[www.youtube.com]

2M+ you tube hits.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 30, 2016 15:05

TheBlockbuster
If Mick's voice recover I think they will continue to tour. If it does not I don't think he will be on stage again. The videos from the Gillette suggests his voice is coming back.

Keith was unusually sharp in Vegas, Ronnie is still great, Charlie could be better but he's good for a 75 year old I guess.

We've said this many times before, if the old blues guys and jazz musicians can perform until their 80's then why not the Stones, group or individual.
As far as we know their health is not a major concern currently?
Heck, despite his cancer I suspect Bill will be doing some gigs next year and he's a 7 year start on Keith.

Date: October 30, 2016 15:42

jlowe
TheBlockbuster

We've said this many times before, if the old blues guys and jazz musicians can perform until their 80's then why not the Stones, group or individual.
As far as we know their health is not a major concern currently?
Heck, despite his cancer I suspect Bill will be doing some gigs next year and he's a 7 year start on Keith.

Agree with all above, hell Mick hasn't even slowed down yet, but the problem is will he perform if the big money isn't on the table, he wants all your money in his bank account , not just some of it lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 15:43 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:20

Some people seem to think that there is something inherently "wrong" if they stop performing. Like they are "supposed" to perform for another 10 years or something. Well of course they aren't going to live up to anybody's expectations, and just do what they want to do.

After 54 years, I can truly say that I got my satisfaction. And I fantasize that somewhere sitting on a shelf there is some explosive magical film footage of the Rolling Stones in their prime that will one day be released.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:33

Keith playing is for me the main problem.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:46

StonedInTokyo
35love

I have a completely different outlook. They are still trying to see how long they can roll. A band trying to say goodbye would not have returned in 2012 nor released a new album in 2016. Obviously, the odds increase each year that the final show has already been (or soon will be) played.

I don't think Mick wanted 2007/8 to be the last word - 2012 - 16 plus Blues plus exhibitionism seems a good way to go really.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:49

powerage78

Can't really see how? His rhythm playing is still good enough to hold the band together and even if his guitar solos are somewhat of a mess those takes up less than 5% of the whole show. The casual fan won't notice anything bad about his solos either.

Date: October 30, 2016 17:28

powerage78

I thought Keith was on fire in Vegas, a real improvement, then shit it's all over. He was getting his timming back. I thought Mick was the problem, voice, remember.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 30, 2016 17:32

35love
Oh boy.
Mick and Keith HAVE been saying Thank You fans, thanks for keep coming back after all these years. Mick said it in Vegas, and in the Desert concerts.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

Mick Jagger also said "see you next year" in 1981 shows...

Date: October 30, 2016 17:39

Monsoon Ragoon
35love
Oh boy.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, he didn't come back for 8 years

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 30, 2016 17:40

stone4ever
Monsoon Ragoon
35love
Oh boy.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

That's what I meant!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 17:41

Perhaps but he was totally out during Desert Trip 1.

stone4ever
powerage78

I thought Keith was on fire in Vegas, a real improvement, then shit it's all over. He was getting his timming back. I thought Mick was the problem, voice, remember.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 30, 2016 17:55

He will always take a couple of shows to get rid of the cobwebs lol
Keith has done a lot of miles, takes a couple of starts to get the motor running

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-30 17:58 by stone4ever.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 30, 2016 18:02

Seriously it would be better if they stop now if Keith's motor reflexes are fading from old age and from drug use. Plus the fact that he has arthritis. The last thing we want to see is Kieth wandering around on stage looking like he has dementia. He already sort of looks like that now from time to time when he barley strums his guitar for extended stretches during a song. I am speaking harshly for effect.

Date: October 30, 2016 18:13

Lol. Keiths been like that since 81'

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 30, 2016 18:51

I have no problem if they stop.

Just end the right way.

A show for corporate puppets aint the right way.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2016 18:52

I look forward to the upcoming blues album, and another Keith solo album even more so.
Also hoping the Stones play at least few more shows somewhere in the world - even if it's just a one-off in London.
If not, life goes on...

As for me, I won't go anywhere beyond Los Angeles to see them anymore, and even then I wouldn't pay what they'd probably be asking.
I've had my share of good times - thank you Stones.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2016 18:54

Monsoon Ragoon
stone4ever
Monsoon Ragoon
35love
Oh boy.
Quebec goodbye to Canada

That's what I meant!

the good news of course is that means they'll be back in 2024...nice!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 30, 2016 19:29

BILLPERKS

Just end the right way.

If you have no problem you have never been a fan. There is no right way. They will play until they pass.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 30, 2016 19:36

Hairball
As for me, I won't go anywhere beyond Los Angeles to see them anymore, and even then I wouldn't pay what they'd probably be asking.

Many people are doing the same thing since 2005-2007, you're not alone with that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2016 20:03

georgelicks
Hairball

Many people are doing the same thing since 2005-2007, you're not alone with that.

After seeing multiple shows in the States and abroad during the Licks tour, it's been a steady process for me since 2005-2007 when I did see them a couple times outside of my turf.
Happened to be traveling abroad with my wife (specifically England, Scotland, France, and the Netherlands) so decided to see them in Nijmegen. Also went to Vegas that tour, and of course some SoCal shows.
Then with the inclusion of Mick Taylor for the 50 and Counting, I went as far as Anaheim, San Diego, and Vegas (and Staples #2). For the Zip Code tour - San Diego was the only choice.
For this recent 'mini tour' - both Desert Trips mainly to see Neil Young and Roger Waters - the Stones happened to be there also. Desert Trip 2 setlist was great. The Who, Neil, and Roger Waters were the ultimate highlights.
Then in Vegas Oct. 22 on a last minute whim - paid a fraction of face value the afternoon of show. A minimal setlist of eighteen songs with Mick holding back...and that's all she wrote. thumbs up

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: October 30, 2016 20:27

More Hot Rocks
BILLPERKS

Just end the right way.

If you have no problem you have never been a fan. There is no right way. They will play until they pass.

Right. Never been a fan.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 30, 2016 20:49

My 2 cents (for what it's worth). The Stones are welcome to go all the way, die on stage if they like. Also, there's no shame if they decide to have some final years without it, in my opinion. I will say again in my opinion but they are lucky where The Beatles weren't, where they have a choice/chance. Just in case Mick or some one else in the camp is reading this Thank You and press on, I'll respect your decision. Cheers and Rock and Roll..... It's been a great experience.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 30, 2016 21:53

BILLPERKS
More Hot Rocks
BILLPERKS

Just end the right way.

Right. Never been a fan.

By your post it shows that you're not.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 30, 2016 21:59

EJM
The thing is , each time they have a break, they have to rehearse to brush away the rust and possibly change arrangements a bit to cover any cracks due to band members not being able to do what they did before.
They also have a huge team that they have to be able to justify bringing together if they are going to put on a show to the standard people expect. It's hard to justify all that for one off shows.

While Charlie and Keith and possibly Ronnie would be happy to play low key blues stuff in smaller auditoria, requiring less of the back up machinery to on the warhorses in style, I wonder if that would be enough for Mick.

It would certainly require less superhuman fitness which may become a consideration but there would be less of the massive energy exchange between a huge arena of enthusiasts and the performer. I wonder if the band felt the difference between the SAmerican crowd and the American crouds and reflected that it wasn't so much fun, no matter how much money it brought in. Perhaps Bill got it right in the end ......

Yeah good points.
Old N. America 2016 audiences weren't in the same league as OLE S. America crowds (my periscope/not actually there perspective) but that South America tour had to be bloody exhausting.
JMO, Mick Jagger had THE highest standards for himself (just look at his body/ trust me, lol)
Anyway, Jagger's not gonna go sittin' in a chair and gone fat onstage.
No old blues man image there for panther/lion sleek tricky Mick.
The very best frontman in the world.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home