Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 17, 2016 08:45

ladylou
Keith was 'feeling' Sweet Virginia... seemed very happy during this song
thumbs up smiling smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 17, 2016 10:00

Haven't seen much yet, but started with Little T&A to catch up, and MAN! did it bring
a big smile on my face this monday morning.
Look at Keith' face, like he is really pleased that he remembered lines from the song,
never mind if these are in the right order. And then that guitar duette with Ron...
I love it.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 17, 2016 11:16

God ... Little T and A !! Great, the guitars weaving like hell. great to see the guys enjoying themselves.
jeroen

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 17, 2016 13:18

Love the photo of Mick wearing a black tongue shirt , no one looks better in one than Mick does ! really nice setlist with some mighty tastee morsels esp. Sweet Virginia !

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 17, 2016 14:16

If it is true it's really sad.
Poor band, Poor fans winking smiley

Maindefender
powerage78
I don't care about Legend(s).
I care about music.

You came to the wrong place then.....tongue sticking out smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 17, 2016 14:21

TheGreek
Love the photo of Mick wearing a black tongue shirt , no one looks better in one than Mick does ! really nice setlist with some mighty tastee morsels esp. Sweet Virginia !

Adorable ELLEN PAGE comes pretty close, imo.

Great setlist indeed and as all of you may have noticed, Just Your Fool is live much better than on record.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:11

HMS
TheGreek

Adorable ELLEN PAGE comes pretty close, imo.

Great setlist indeed and as all of you may have noticed, Just Your Fool is live much better than on record.

Your little troll doll hasn't been seen in one if I recall correctly.

Date: October 17, 2016 17:18

Irix
STONESDESERTTRIP #2 · 14-OCT-2016 · SETLIST:

Large version of the Setlist picture -- [www.rollingstones.com] .

That's a proper festival set list, really: nothing post-1981 other than Just Your Fool: songs people should know.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:38

hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-18 00:56 by mickschix.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:58

DandelionPowderman
35love
Maybe this week in Vegas ARE their last live shows. They are too cool to put their fans thru all the drama of 'this is it'. Too messy. The new blues is their full circle.
Do you REALLY think they are going to tour Europe in June 2017?
I don't.
And I'm not being negative Nancy, that appears to be others jobs here,
I think I'm realistic.
Thank you, thank you Rolling Stones, you've been a huge part of my life.

I don't think they will end it in a foreign continent..

*I thought Vegas was like Switzerland? Ha!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 17, 2016 18:56

Green Lady
You Got The Silver...
[www.youtube.com]
....and Little T&A:
[www.youtube.com]

Ohhh thank you Green Lady! I needed that :E

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: October 17, 2016 19:49

OMG! Where was that sent last last weekend?? Let's hope that it makes the trip to Vegas this week !!

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: October 17, 2016 19:50

Sorry, set list!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 17, 2016 20:07

DandelionPowderman
35love
Maybe this week in Vegas ARE their last live shows. They are too cool to put their fans thru all the drama of 'this is it'. Too messy. The new blues is their full circle.
Do you REALLY think they are going to tour Europe in June 2017?
I don't.
And I'm not being negative Nancy, that appears to be others jobs here,
I think I'm realistic.
Thank you, thank you Rolling Stones, you've been a huge part of my life.

I don't think they will end it in a foreign continent..

plus we're still waiting for that all-reggae album.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 17, 2016 21:34

listening to Stern this morning and Gary[baba booey] was at desert trip and said the Stones we're "hands down" the best band there.
Howard said something like "they are the best live band ever" and played a clip of Sympathy which sounded pretty good.i think it was Robin who said "they still sound like the Stones"

pretty high praise from those guys because they can get a little rough sometimes.they saved the beating for Bob Dylan,they played a bit of Dylan and laughed at it and Gary talked about how there were huge lines at the restrooms and food counters during his set and then when the Stones came out there were like two people in line.Howard called Dylan "a fcking ashole"for not using the big screens. "people in the back pay all this money and they can't see shit"and someone said Dylan probably didn't know where he was.and that's just the stuff i can remember..

good for the Stones though, millions of people listen to that show every day and they really got talked up as the clear winners of the weekend.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2016 00:34

mickschix
At the risk of sounding really out of it, I have to ask! When did they decide to do Oct 14TH??? I thought this 3 day festival was ONLY Oct 7-9 with the 2 bands each day.....WHEN did they add last weekend? It WAS NOT on any poster and it sure was not discussed much in advance on IORR..unless I slept through it. I confess to having lots going on in my little world right now but I don't usually miss BIG things!

Second weekend went on sale same day as the first, shortly after the latter was announced as "sold out".

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2016 02:29

They do know what they are doing. Selling out two week-ends in a row makes sense, makes more money, and it is probably a must in order to get the deal to work. The marketing machine was amazing. You just HAD to go there, once you saw the lineup.

I was sitting in the catering area week one on-site between the acts, and the guy next to me said:

"They grabbed me by the balls"

Once you were on their web site online you booked tickets and passes and $1,600 went into $3,200 with the wife or a friend and an extra $2k for hotels and so on. You did not plan it like a $5k event but that is what happened for many. A trip to remember. And it seems like people were happy.

When Paul McCartney asked who is from here (Coachella Valley), the crowd went silent. Then he asked who is from California, and I could hear some noise. Then he asked who is from outside California, then the crowd made noise. Sure Desert Trip was a weired experience, but highly successful. And well organized.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RRMan13 ()
Date: October 18, 2016 02:49

I love this site. Only here can you find all these professional reviewers. Good job guys. Love the read. LMAO!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-18 02:54 by RRMan13.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2016 04:47

Just had a quick catnap after making it back home a little while ago, and had the craziest dream!

I dreamed I saw Dylan, the Stones, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, The Who, and Roger Waters all at the same festival over a three day weekend in the middle of the Desert with apprx. 100,000 people...it was all seemingly like a giant mirage. What made it even weirder was I saw a repeat of the same thing a week later! And even weirder still, in between those weekends I saw Neil Young in a tiny theater with only 2,000 others. It was a strange dream alright, as the prices for the first weekend had dropped down to reasonable $600 for a 3 day Pit pass (and kept going lower and lower), while the second weekend Pit passes went down to $300 or less. Craziest dream I ever had, and then I woke up only to realize it was all real...it really happened! Pinching myself to make sure I haven't died and gone to Rock and Roll heaven. It's all a blur right now, and will take days, weeks, and even months to make sense of it all. As the old saying goes, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, and if someone told me a year that I would actually experience all of this, I would have told them they're completely out of their minds and/or very, very high.

Heading back to the Desert/Vegas this weekend for my wife's birthday, and if Stones ticket prices drop down low enough I might even buy a pair!
If I dream that I bought floor tickets for $100 each, maybe it will really have happened?!!! eye popping smiley

winking smiley

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 18, 2016 12:34

Hairball
Just had a quick catnap after making it back home a little while ago, and had the craziest dream!

I dreamed I saw Dylan, the Stones, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, The Who, and Roger Waters all at the same festival over a three day weekend in the middle of the Desert with apprx. 100,000 people...it was all seemingly like a giant mirage. What made it even weirder was I saw a repeat of the same thing a week later! And even weirder still, in between those weekends I saw Neil Young in a tiny theater with only 2,000 others. It was a strange dream alright, as the prices for the first weekend had dropped down to reasonable $600 for a 3 day Pit pass (and kept going lower and lower), while the second weekend Pit passes went down to $300 or less. Craziest dream I ever had, and then I woke up only to realize it was all real...it really happened! Pinching myself to make sure I haven't died and gone to Rock and Roll heaven. It's all a blur right now, and will take days, weeks, and even months to make sense of it all. As the old saying goes, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, and if someone told me a year that I would actually experience all of this, I would have told them they're completely out of their minds and/or very, very high.

Heading back to the Desert/Vegas this weekend for my wife's birthday, and if Stones ticket prices drop down low enough I might even buy a pair!
If I dream that I bought floor tickets for $100 each, maybe it will really have happened?!!! eye popping smiley

I'm not the only one enjoying this journey with you, enjoy it my young friend
winking smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 18, 2016 14:23

tommycharles
TheBlockbuster
Irix
Get Off Of My Cloud - Desert Trip #2 - Official Video Snippet: [www.youtube.com] .

Is the audio really from Desert Trip? Sounds like it's too well-mixed for being recorded only a few hours ago. I would guess they took the audio from Shanghai or Tel Aviv 2014.

I think this is Zilker Park 2006 actually.

Many have suggested this.

A discussion of the Stones' official YouTube channel probably merits a thread of its own, but is there any possible excuse / justification for this? Does it bother fans? Is it seen as a deliberate attempt to mislead and misrepresent or not?

Olly.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 18, 2016 14:31

Looking over clips from the show on Friday and agree that the show on the 14th was the better. Wish I could find a recording of 'Live With Me', but no luck so far.

Found an interesting moment during the much-maligned 'Miss You' - it appears even Richards may be losing interest. What distracts Keith in the clip below? A cigarette that hasn't been put out or an unwelcome bug on stage, perhaps. Whatever it is culminates in Wood telling his bandmate to leave it be and 'Join in!':

[youtu.be]

Olly.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 18, 2016 14:48

Good questions...

Olly
tommycharles
TheBlockbuster
Irix
Get Off Of My Cloud - Desert Trip #2 - Official Video Snippet: [www.youtube.com] .

Is the audio really from Desert Trip? Sounds like it's too well-mixed for being recorded only a few hours ago. I would guess they took the audio from Shanghai or Tel Aviv 2014.

I think this is Zilker Park 2006 actually.

Many have suggested this.

A discussion of the Stones' official YouTube channel probably merits a thread of its own, but is there any possible excuse / justification for this? Does it bother fans? Is it seen as a deliberate attempt to mislead and misrepresent or not?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 18, 2016 14:55

They (rs.com/Facebook(twitter etc.) used to release a short video right after the show on the 2013/14 tours.

However, the dry soundboard audio (often of JJF) was usually a pain to the ears.

From the 2014 gig in Rome (correct me if I'm wrong), they released a video of Streets Of Love, with audio from an earlier tour. They've been doing that ever since.

They get the fresh footage out fast, with professionally recorded sound (as opposed to an unevenly sounding, dry soundboard).

That's probably the reason, not that the performance is sloppy. Zilker Park has its flaws as well smiling smiley

Date: October 18, 2016 18:34

midimannz
Hairball

I'm not the only one enjoying this journey with you, enjoy it my young friend
winking smiley

53 and counting, I'm as young as the Stones... smiling smiley

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 18, 2016 18:44

DandelionPowderman
They (rs.com/Facebook(twitter etc.) used to release a short video right after the show on the 2013/14 tours.

However, the dry soundboard audio (often of JJF) was usually a pain to the ears.

From the 2014 gig in Rome (correct me if I'm wrong), they released a video of Streets Of Love, with audio from an earlier tour. They've been doing that ever since.

They get the fresh footage out fast, with professionally recorded sound (as opposed to an unevenly sounding, dry soundboard).

That's probably the reason, not that the performance is sloppy. Zilker Park has its flaws as well smiling smiley

Right, there are certainly reasons other than flaws in the performance. As you say, Zilker had some flaws. I was there. In the context of the fall of 2006, it was a really good show, and I think the talk of overdubs (other than vocals) has been a bit overblown. Having said that, there are a couple of songs with pretty obvious edits (Sway and She's So Cold) and a couple of others have obvious overdubs: Under My Thumb and Get Off of My Cloud. So, the Zilker version used with the Desert Trip video may have flaws, but it's not untouched.

Date: October 18, 2016 18:49

Hilarious how Ronnie keeps going with the intro when Keith starts to sing the verse! Other than that great goof it's kickin'! Better than the previous one.

Little T&A 10-14-16
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 18, 2016 19:17

Hairball
It was a strange dream alright, as the prices for the first weekend had dropped down to reasonable $600 for a 3 day Pit pass (and kept going lower and lower), while the second weekend Pit passes went down to $300 or less.

The greed factor makes me kind of sick. Obviously people balked at the outrageous prices for pit pass tickets.

When you suck all of the disposable income out of somebody that means that they don't have money to spend in their own communities, or money to spend for their children's clothes, etc.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 18, 2016 19:21

Olly
Looking over clips from the show on Friday and agree that the show on the 14th was the better. Wish I could find a recording of 'Live With Me', but no luck so far.

Found an interesting moment during the much-maligned 'Miss You' - it appears even Richards may be losing interest. What distracts Keith in the clip below? A cigarette that hasn't been put out or an unwelcome bug on stage, perhaps. Whatever it is culminates in Wood telling his bandmate to leave it be and 'Join in!':

[youtu.be]

Keep looking, Olly - I want that Live With Me too!

Date: October 18, 2016 19:51

MileHigh
Hairball
It was a strange dream alright, as the prices for the first weekend had dropped down to reasonable $600 for a 3 day Pit pass (and kept going lower and lower), while the second weekend Pit passes went down to $300 or less.

The greed factor makes me kind of sick. Obviously people balked at the outrageous prices for pit pass tickets.

When you suck all of the disposable income out of somebody that means that they don't have money to spend in their own communities, or money to spend for their children's clothes, etc.

It wasn't just the GA Pit prices that dropped - it was reserved seating and regular GA as well (which were going for $100 and below via stubhub), so it seems many people balked.
I initially balked at the outrageous most expensive Pit/reserved seats settling for the regular GA (wkd. 1), and less expensive grandstand (wkd.2) during official sales.
When I saw how low prices were dropping in the days leading up to show, it was an easy decision to upgrade.

The overpricing is sickening indeed, but it's a choice one has to make depending on your priorities. I have completely balked at the outrageous over-priced Vegas shows - I'd rather donate $750 to a charity than to pay to see some old millionaire rock stars play a show for two hours. On the other hand, many have happily paid that much (and more) which is their choice. It would be great if everyone boycotted these overpriced shows, but evidently some think it's worth it which feeds into the greed of the machine. Evidently ticket sales are somewhat poor for both shows, and I might get tix if the prices become more reasonable, but until then I'll happily sit on the sidelines. And if there is a Desert Trip #2 next year (w/different bands), you can probably bet the prices won't be so high to begin with. The balkers have spoken, and the message was sent and hopefully received.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 14 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home