Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 15, 2016 23:52

Negative reviews ?
Where on the Stones fans planet ???

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-15 23:56 by powerage78.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 14-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 16, 2016 00:02

spikenyc
retired_dog
spikenyc
RipThisBone
video: [youtu.be]

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

Not only a great video - it shows the Stones in top form. Along with Sweet Virginia the highlight of yesterday's show.

I agree!

Absolutely brilliant, this is why i love this band, what a great surprise, the song just comes alive, the beat just gets to you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2016 00:04

35love
RaiseTheKnife, powerage78, I sincerely ask: why all the resentment?
I get negative reviews, I get disappointment, I get being let down,
and I get losing money.
But, pretty brutal on and on, like carrying a hard core grudge?

You have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly, and somewhere therein lies the truth.
With that said, I find it odd (in an amusing way) that powerage would cherry pick one of the few negative things I said in a mostly praiseworthy review to use as a signature.
But to each his own, and I'm somewhat flattered. winking smiley

Date: October 16, 2016 00:09

I did that because this point is central for me winking smiley
This band is not a Guitar band anymore for years IMO.

"keyboards in order to embellish Keith's ramshackled guitar playing".
Awesome !

Never read before that in any review here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 00:12 by powerage78.

Date: October 16, 2016 00:14

powerage78

Awesome !

Cheers poewrage78 - your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's imo. thumbs up

Date: October 16, 2016 00:25

Cheers smiling smiley
Well Stu was a piano player...
Today there are two keyboards on stage...
Easy to understand why...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 16, 2016 01:57

That video of Just Your Fool sounds KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a hilarious wonderful mess The Rolling Stones can be!

Date: October 16, 2016 02:15

powerage78

Awesome !

I didn't hear any keyboards backing up Keith on Just Your Fool.

I take it you loved that one. Lots of guitars, too.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 16, 2016 02:20

GasLightStreet
That video of Just Your Fool sounds KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE 'EM ON DOWN. Great keyboards all around....hot smiley

You gotta love this one powerage78...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 02:33 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 16, 2016 02:31

Wow. Keith got old.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 16, 2016 02:34

He'll only 73 in December.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 16, 2016 02:37

Redhotcarpet
Wow. Keith got old.

Maybe you'll be as lucky as Keith is when you're 72, but I doubt it.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 16, 2016 03:11

What a great setlist last night, wish I could have followed it on periscope. Unfortunately, we had plans last night so I missed it. sad smiley Here's hoping we'll get a similar setlist at one of the Vegas shows, I can't wait!!!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 16, 2016 03:22

HomerSimpson
what happened to the "every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints......" verse?

Mick may have omitted it on purpose because of our situation here in the U.S. with all the shootings/violence that's going on.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 16, 2016 03:24

listening to again as I was doing some things around and it is awesome. They were just at the blues number when I clicked it off just. I stopped it 1/2 way through Satisfaction earlier and perfectly stuck that song in my head all day. I twas fun! smoking smiley I am pleased to be back in the "They sounded great" camp after a week of... not feeling that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 03:40 by HankM.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 16, 2016 03:29

I bet Vegas will be a great show(s)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-16 03:40 by HankM.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 16, 2016 03:51

HankM
I bet Vegas will be a great show(s)

You'll have a better chance of winning at roulette.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 16, 2016 04:19

We thought they sounded great! Better than DT1. Hoping for similar next Wednesday in Vegas. Thought Mick and Keith sang better. I think the sound balance for Keith's guitar was out of whack, way too loud. We were lookong for iorr peeps at Beer Barn but didn't connect with anyone. We wandered all around the GA area, and enjoyed reasonably price tacos and paella behing 12 Peaks. We beat the crush to the shuttles and got to our hotel by 1am.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 16, 2016 04:31

They will be more comfortable and therefore sound better in the air-conditioned confines of an arena. I was uncomfortable in the audience last week.....the weather is oppressive in Indio, period.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 16, 2016 04:45

keithsman
spikenyc
retired_dog
spikenyc
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

Not only a great video - it shows the Stones in top form. Along with Sweet Virginia the highlight of yesterday's show.

I agree!

Absolutely brilliant, this is why i love this band, what a great surprise, the song just comes alive, the beat just gets to you.

A better version than the first night. Keith smiling face is priceless.

Date: October 16, 2016 10:03

kowalski
keithsman
spikenyc
retired_dog
spikenyc
RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

A real Blues Band!
This is a great video!
thx

I agree!

A better version than the first night. Keith smiling face is priceless.

A different song, too winking smiley

Date: October 16, 2016 11:09

DandelionPowderman
powerage78

Awesome !

I didn't hear any keyboards backing up Keith on Just Your Fool.

I take it you loved that one. Lots of guitars, too.

Indeed Dandelion.
That 'keyboards embellishing Keith' quote is taken completely out of context as it was referring solely to the opening riff of Little T&A. Loud guitars were all over the place last night (and last week),
and the only truly dominant/annoying keyboard happened when Chuck tinkered away on his Honky Tonk Women solo- he even kicked his keyboard at the end of his solo!!!

I suppose powerage78 just has a wild imagination, and believes what he want to believe.
Nothing wrong with that, but it has no basis in reality. winking smiley

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 16, 2016 11:26

Thanks for being able to listen and watch a Great Stones Concert "Desert Trip 2 ",last night and Hairball thanks for your great Reviews and Bob Dylan as always performing and producing new albums and reinventing - my congrats. The Who were as well amazing in Amsterdam 2015.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 16, 2016 11:52

I saw several YouTube versions of Mixed Emotions from last week's show and it did not meet expectations.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 16, 2016 12:31

Chris Fountain
I saw several YouTube versions of Mixed Emotions from last week's show and it did not meet expectations.

How could it? If a song like Gimme Shelter can't, how on earth could a song they haven't played in 26 years meet expectations?

It's still better to hear them play rusty versions of lesser known songs than it is hearing them play a rusty Gimme Shelter or SFTD.

I would love to hear rusty performances of Flip The Switch, Out of Tears and Rough Justice! Bring it on!

BTW, Mixed Emotions was quite good last week.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 16, 2016 12:53

RipThisBone

JUST YOUR FOOL!

[/quote]

Wow at 2:18 Keef gives Mick a looong "love ya, pal" stare!
The power of the blues! grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 16, 2016 13:13

Hairball
35love
RaiseTheKnife, powerage78, I sincerely ask: why all the resentment?
I get negative reviews, I get disappointment, I get being let down,
and I get losing money.
But, pretty brutal on and on, like carrying a hard core grudge?

You have to take the good, the bad, and the ugly, and somewhere therein lies the truth.
With that said, I find it odd (in an amusing way) that powerage would cherry pick one of the few negative things I said in a mostly praiseworthy review to use as a signature.
But to each his own, and I'm somewhat flattered. winking smiley
I take the three things too

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 16, 2016 13:59

RaiseTheKnife
Chris Fountain

How could it? If a song like Gimme Shelter can't, how on earth could a song they haven't played in 26 years meet expectations?

It's still better to hear them play rusty versions of lesser known songs than it is hearing them play a rusty Gimme Shelter or SFTD.

I would love to hear rusty performances of Flip The Switch, Out of Tears and Rough Justice! Bring it on!

BTW, Mixed Emotions was quite good last week.

Maybe the recording was distorted - Mixed Emotions is a great song and this Open G twanginess is unnerving. GYYOU is the right key for guitars. It needs to be dark and haunting for feel.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 16, 2016 14:19

Maindefender
Redhotcarpet
Wow. Keith got old.

Maybe you'll be as lucky as Keith is when you're 72, but I doubt it.

Me too. But i doubt i will be that ragged though. Unknown, poor and ill perhaps but not from drinks and drugs. Thank you for protecting him.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 16, 2016 15:28

Sweet Virginia (not quite all of it, unfortunately):

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home